PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots? No problem at all!

Rittik
11-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi this is Rittik!
I am your new teacher for taking extra ordinary screnshots on your android device(too much bragging)
I have seen many threads on this issue about taking screenshots..but i havent seen any such satisfactory (sorry)
So guys here it goes:-
Step1)Make sure your device is Rooted or not???
Step2):-option A:-Rooted
If your device is Rooted no need to worry for screenshots any more....The best app i find for Rooted devices is Screenshot it....in market it is not free...u can download it
but if you dont wanna waste money(what i did)....go to www.snapzmarket.com
and download Snappzmarket app
there when installed you can download Screenshot it for FREE!
Then its very easy to go to the app and do settings to take it
Option B:-Not Rooted
Now so yor device is not Rooted...no need to get it Rooted for taking screenshots only....the same way u can download Noroot screenshot it
from market(not free)....or same way fron SnappzMarket for free.....
after installation...when you open the app it tells you to download an App for PC called ScreenshotIt enabler...u download it and install it on PC
then u just need to plug your device on PC and start the app on PC and enable Screenshot....thats it...then go to Device app and set it according to waht you like for screenshots :-)
Step 3:-So there are many devices which actaually have preinstalled screenshot apps...but The apps i told takes very good qwality images
If You have android 2.3 Gingerbread (Rooted and Clockwork Mod installed) then you can flash your device with Cyanogen Mod 7.1 (what i use presently) This makes your device equipped with preinstalled app for devices who doesnt come up with that from first....with this you dont have to worry about installing any other screenshot apps...you can do all ;-)

I use Cyanogen Mod 7.1 I own a Samsung Galxy Mini GT-S5570

Hope I helped a lot :-)

The Best apps i found usefull for Taking good screeshots:-

ROOTED:-
screenshot it
Drocap2

NON ROOTED:-
no root screenshot it

*disclaimer:-I am no way responsible of making any damage to your phone make it at your own risk

Deathpunch
11-22-2011, 12:40 AM
There are plenty of quality screenshot apps on the market. Drocap, for one. I would be hesitant to recommend downloading apps from somewhere outside of the main markets, the android market or amazon app market. Getjar is also another trustworthy market, and has a decent selection of free apps.

BodMaster
11-22-2011, 06:58 AM
This is looking all to familiar :p

Download Snappz Market on SnappzMarket.com (APK) or Pay through the Market > download ScreenShot It app > open app.. tells you exactly what to do.. settings > applications turn on USB DeBug > go on website it says to download that.. open on PC.. while hooked to phone.. the app on comp will ask you NonRoot or Root you click enable on NonRoot then enjoy..

Either click on app will say take screenshot in 5 secs (modify this if want more time) can add it to your task bar.. or shake to screenshot :D

Only down side is that if your phone dies then you lose it (same as app killers) but you literally turn DeBug on then connect wire via USB then open app on comp and press enable.. :p

This was before it was available in the Market, but I added a section in bold :p

Have written this method in a number of ways all throughout the forum ;)

Rittik
11-28-2011, 10:23 AM
yes tgis was first suggested to me by Bod

Skeletonlord
11-28-2011, 10:24 AM
This is a great guide. Helps a lot of people

BodMaster
11-28-2011, 01:16 PM
yes tgis was first suggested to me by Bod

Lolz yourself looks better all nice and formatted though buddy ;)

Good job! :D

Rittik
11-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Wow thanx all for your response

Soldier Blue
12-03-2011, 10:54 PM
On my lg optimus i can do a screenshot by pressing home and lock button the same time Oo doesn't that work on other phones too?

Rittik
12-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Nope as i stated...many phones come with ability to take screenshots even when non rooted or preinstalled applicarrions...that maybe it with your Lg Optimus

niallbarr
01-20-2012, 08:14 PM
i have a galaxy s and i just push the home and back button lol

Rittik
01-30-2012, 12:41 AM
ya i found out that...we can press home+back for taking screenshots in Samsung Devices....

iiada
02-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks Rittik! This should be a stickey!