PDA

View Full Version : 1 solution on scammed ppl

Captain critic
06-09-2018, 07:28 AM
As everyone knows ppl are complaining that they got scammed and sts won't help or won't reply back, Well there is one solution and i didn't know if she/he wanted a shoutout or not nor do i know how to clearly post a pic on forum so i'll say it. If there are scammed ppl all we can do is help them recover their stuff by giving to them what they lost

Don't say it's your fault for being tricked or your fault for giving info like that cuz we are naturally like that...i started al years ago and quit cuz my brother didn't want me to play it but years later i restarted and i was struggling too much till i met one player who is rarely on right now cuz of iphone problems or something, he helped me all the way from helping me with maps to buying me all the gear i needed, because of all that i trust him very much and not once has he tried to scam me and not once have i tried to scam him, i wouldn't have been in the guild i am in right now if it weren't for him...

My point is don't say its their fault, like someone else said new players struggle definitely but not much ppl helps em and trust me i know what that feels like, if you really do care about people getting scammed just help them get back to where they were insteading of criticizing them cuz its obvious sts isn't gonna help much if alot of scammed are reporting to them and not much have i heard sts banned them or something no offense sts if you were offended

Nohealth
06-09-2018, 07:41 AM
"Giving them what they lost" won't teach them a lifelesson which they should learn.
This way, you'll show people that it isn't bad to be scammed as random people will give you the stuff you lost for free and only encourage scammers to do it even more often now and for bigger scale. Not to mention all the fake people claming "I got scammed" just to get free stuff.

Suentous PO
06-09-2018, 07:45 AM
Respectfully, I disagree;
that "sts won't help",
That's its natural to get tricked, &
That we should give ppl what they got scammed.

Wait, I mean, I was like scammed a full nightmare and 50 mil- give me that now, it's not my fault ��

Captain critic
06-09-2018, 07:45 AM
"Giving them what they lost" won't teach them a lifelesson which they should learn.
This way, you'll show people that it isn't bad to be scammed as random people will give you the stuff you lost for free and only encourage scammers to do it even more often now and for bigger scale. Not to mention all the fake people claming "I got scammed" just to get free stuff.
Even if they learn the lesson they might forget just forget it, and i mean only to the ones that have actually shown proof that they were scammed

Suentous PO
06-09-2018, 07:49 AM
Even if they learn the lesson they might forget just forget it, and i mean only to the ones that have actually shown proof that they were scammed

if they forget, they never really learned

Captain critic
06-09-2018, 07:58 AM
if they forget, they never really learned
Lol no it just means other important things are on their mind, saying that is like saying you mastered math but then forgot it which says you never learned math...

Captain critic
06-09-2018, 08:03 AM
Then i guess just help certain ppl

Azerothraven
06-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Respectfully, I disagree;
that "sts won't help",
That's its natural to get tricked, &
That we should give ppl what they got scammed.

Wait, I mean, I was like scammed a full nightmare and 50 mil- give me that now, it's not my fault ��

Respectfully I disagree,
I gave around 80m worth of gears to a friend to try out and then the player was banned for x or y reason. He was a very trusted friend and him and I have traded items worth 200m to each other many many times before without any malice but when I asked support to give my items back and there is clearly information that I gifted it the items e.g. our chat history, gift history and specific information on the items only owner would know, support refused to recover my items; the email reply seemed like because it was too much effort to look into it further.

I feel I have been scammed by sts which is extremely sad because I love their work.

Please don’t Start a discussion on this and defend sts because I can’t go through the emotional loss again.

Should any devs want to look at the case; Case #: 632825.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suentous PO
06-09-2018, 08:20 AM
Respectfully I disagree,
I gave around 80m worth of gears to a friend to try out and then the player was banned for x or y reason. He was a very trusted friend and him and I have traded items worth 200m to each other many many times before without any malice but when I asked support to give my items back and there is clearly information that I gifted it the items e.g. our chat history, gift history and specific information on the items only owner would know, support refused to recover my items; the email reply seemed like because it was too much effort to look into it further.

I feel I have been scammed by sts which is extremely sad because I love their work.

Please don’t Start a discussion on this and defend sts because I can’t go through the emotional loss again.

Should any devs want to look at the case; Case #: 632825.

"Gave" "gifted". Your words.
Not a scam n my book & def not sts responsibility to sort your personal relations and who you trust to gift. More like it's your responsibility to learn, & move on.
Saying you feel sts scammed you (redic) makes me think you refuse to own up to your mistake.

Azerothraven
06-09-2018, 08:33 AM
"Gave" "gifted". Your words.
Not a scam n my book & def not sts responsibility to sort your personal relations and who you trust to gift. More like it's your responsibility to learn, & move on.
Saying you feel sts scammed you (redic) makes me think you refuse to own up to your mistake.

He would give it back if he could. What’s my mistake? “The gift feature is not without any flaw and has its ups and down, I have traded many times with it and just paid a person full amount in one trade e.g buy 400 weak Finesse Jewels.

Using this term “gift” and or “gave” to not recover a customer’s items or at least check out the claims is lazy to me.

I gave him items many many times before and he did the same for me.

It does no harm to sts to help players in situations where the innocents are caught between things like this.

They are a company and “support” exist for a reason which is to help players. I fail to see how they don’t have a responsibility to me as a customer. My friend was not a scammer!

Suentous PO
06-09-2018, 08:40 AM
why expect a gift to be returned?
That's not what a gift is, that's a loan & there is no loan feature in game. You had an unreasonable expectation that you should get things back and that its sts' responsibility to sort out your personal affairs.

"Never give what you aren't willing to lose"
Say it. ;)

Tippertwo
06-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Just play smart guys. >_< that’s all you’ve got to do.

Azerothraven
06-09-2018, 08:44 AM
why expect a gift to be returned?
That's not what a gift is, that's a loan & there is no loan feature in game. You had an unreasonable expectation that you should get things back and that its sts' responsibility to sort out your personal affairs.

"Never give what you aren't willing to lose"
Say it. ;)

Whatever man. I am pretty fixated on support not being on supportive on this one and there is nothing anyone can do to change my mind.

I moved on ages ago but refuse to believe sts has no responsibility here.

I know I am being extremely unreasonable but you would to if someone you cared about violated your trust. In this case, it is sts and not the player. I believe they do have a responsibility and you would too if you were in my situation.

Azerothraven
06-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Important:

You guys don’t do timed run so you guys don’t understand how crucial it is to share equipment there. We all have to share and lend gear one person who has the best movement speed while others clear the map with average speed.

Most often this gears are 50m+ each piece and no one person can afford all the best equipment and are mostly awakened personally by the owner since gears like this are extremely rare. Like less than 0.01% chance of finding 30+ ms artifacts and when you do find it’s not for sale because owner awaken it for use.

There is a lot of trust involved. This was not a scam and rather far from it.

Suentous PO
06-09-2018, 08:56 AM
I can't be in your situation because I take responsibility for my actions.
But,
"Nothing anyone could do to change my mind"
"I know I'm being extremely unreasonable"

At least your honest.
No hard feelings, peace

Flamesofanger
06-09-2018, 08:57 AM
Do not give what you're not willing to lose.

As simple as that.

Azerothraven
06-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Would you like to see a screen shot of a timed runner banner or will my word suffice?

You could check the names on the previous seasons timed runners names.

I believe you( dont need proof) so hopefully you know what I meant.
This was not a scam and is very different from your tree vest; sorry for your loss btw!

I just feel sts can do little things like recovering it and banning the player every once in a while but they don’t and it’s very disappointing.

People have violated my trust, that's where I learnt nott to trust so easy.

We knew each other since August 2016 and been a long time. I don’t normally trust anyone but we have very long history and farmed over 200m+ together since then. It’s not him who violated my trust; support system/regulations did.

swoutttt
06-09-2018, 01:50 PM
I dont think sts or your friend should be blamed here, but yourself. Your friend is not banned without a reason, so eventually he did not tell you everything/ warn you that hes not legit.

"I dont normally trust anyone" i think you made the mistake here.. Dont trust anyone but yourself, im sure things like this wont happen.

Azerothraven
06-09-2018, 04:05 PM
I dont think sts or your friend should be blamed here, but yourself. Your friend is not banned without a reason, so eventually he did not tell you everything/ warn you that hes not legit.

"I dont normally trust anyone" i think you made the mistake here.. Dont trust anyone but yourself, im sure things like this wont happen.

It seems like this community is actively trying to always blame victims. Be supportive, I dont need advice like dont trust or give what u can afford to lose ffs. I get it omg. sometimes all you need to say ' dude that sucks'. I already know who is to blame.

I think sts banned him wrongfully.
He told me he got banned for using multiple accounts to farm platinum eggs in the egg event 2018. He had like 800 platinum eggs. That is bs because people posted on forum before saying can i use 4 accounts to farm planar arena so they can get 4x more chests using different accounts and devices but they were not banned. He did the same and banned.

Spheresome
06-09-2018, 06:17 PM
As everyone knows ppl are complaining that they got scammed and sts won't help or won't reply back, Well there is one solution and i didn't know if she/he wanted a shoutout or not nor do i know how to clearly post a pic on forum so i'll say it. If there are scammed ppl all we can do is help them recover their stuff by giving to them what they lost

Don't say it's your fault for being tricked or your fault for giving info like that cuz we are naturally like that...i started al years ago and quit cuz my brother didn't want me to play it but years later i restarted and i was struggling too much till i met one player who is rarely on right now cuz of iphone problems or something, he helped me all the way from helping me with maps to buying me all the gear i needed, because of all that i trust him very much and not once has he tried to scam me and not once have i tried to scam him, i wouldn't have been in the guild i am in right now if it weren't for him...

My point is don't say its their fault, like someone else said new players struggle definitely but not much ppl helps em and trust me i know what that feels like, if you really do care about people getting scammed just help them get back to where they were insteading of criticizing them cuz its obvious sts isn't gonna help much if alot of scammed are reporting to them and not much have i heard sts banned them or something no offense sts if you were offended

I disagree with the first part, but I understand everything and all of the problems you have been through in the second part.
Why i dont agree with your first part?
- its way too easy for people to fake scams and exploit this system

Scamming is a huge problem in this community brotha, but this solution I dont feel is correct.
I feel a more tactical approach is to punish the scammers in more harsh ways.

Spheresome
06-09-2018, 06:21 PM
how I have seen scamming and cheating players dealt with before in other games
- immediate permanent ban
- once caught scamming trading priviledges and access to auction are permanently suspended
- once caught scamming or cheating, you have a permanent dunce cap glued to your head which you are unable to unequip (LOL)

Captain critic
06-09-2018, 10:14 PM
how I have seen scamming and cheating players dealt with before in other games
- immediate permanent ban
- once caught scamming trading priviledges and access to auction are permanently suspended
- once caught scamming or cheating, you have a permanent dunce cap glued to your head which you are unable to unequip (LOL)
Aren't the first 2 already an al ban ? The last one is the only one different from what i can tell, and if that were to happen would you want it to be a system or would you want it to be dealt by sts personally ? knowing ppl are in trouble or faking the trouble as well as the slow replies basically things we already seen or heard about sts support

Shocan
06-09-2018, 10:46 PM
All this drama... Ugh. STS has said it and I say it everyday; All trades are final. If you gift or trade an item they are not obliged to return it. It's not scamming, they are still playing by the rules. It's not right, however it's how it is. I lost a good 26m, I complained a little but am trying to get back on my feet. I agree with you partially though, our criticism doesn't help the new players and has a negative overall impact upon the playing boundaries of these players. However they must as well learn from them. Give them advice, don't put them down ;)

Captain critic
06-10-2018, 06:39 AM
All this drama... Ugh. STS has said it and I say it everyday; All trades are final. If you gift or trade an item they are not obliged to return it. It's not scamming, they are still playing by the rules. It's not right, however it's how it is. I lost a good 26m, I complained a little but am trying to get back on my feet. I agree with you partially though, our criticism doesn't help the new players and has a negative overall impact upon the playing boundaries of these players. However they must as well learn from them. Give them advice, don't put them down ;)

I agree criticism won't help but it shows we are serious about it, new player or not they gonna get put down either way anyway and we can't stop that from being, thx to advice of don't trust anyone i now just pretend to be afk and go to another map to whoever tries to beg me for gold...

Ghuls
06-11-2018, 01:45 AM
Yep you can’t trust anyone over a screen

PatD
06-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Even to people i trust, if they ask me to try one of my items i always tell them: sorry, no i can't; what tell me u will not drop your phone in the river or get hit by a car?? anything can happen, so because i don't like to stress out for no reason i never give something i would not want to lose. Simple as that! :)

Xxkayakxx
06-11-2018, 09:44 AM

I stll think that scamming people with the intention to do so is against TOS (ruin your game experience). My opinion.