PDA

View Full Version : Street trading.

PostNoob
06-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Not a lot of people will take this as a good thing but street tax should be a thing here.
If your the one selling an item and the trade doesn't happen through the consignment store, it should still be taxed. In not saying any certain % or anything right now, I'm merely saying it would be a healthy way to keep gold from devaluing.

An option to split tax between the two would be fair I think. I have more but would enjoy some constructive feedback first please!

Thank all and happy farming!

Tenguila
06-10-2018, 10:27 AM
-1 RIP

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ajcheisnj
06-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Lel why is this needed in the first place?

Flamesofanger
06-10-2018, 10:44 AM
????????

why......why even.....?

PostNoob
06-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Now the above(be honest), what would you say is your most used form of trading?

Edit: people avoid taxes of the consignment shop to the extremes.. Healthy gold sink. I would have said street trades need to be removed but that would have went over worse. I'm thinking about the game and not you, not him, not i, the game.

Tax should be reduced on items for less than X amount in the auction, for the lower levels to keep more of their profits.

Thanks for all the constructive feedback guys!

Tenguila
06-10-2018, 11:11 AM
50-50, trading and auction.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ebereasider
06-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Merchants will suffer severely if that's implemented

DalleManden
06-10-2018, 11:19 AM
I have to disagree. Many people resort to selling their stuff by advertising in the towns and selling through trade, due to the fact that they can't afford the consignment shop tax.

Nohealth
06-10-2018, 11:27 AM
I have to disagree. Many people resort to selling their stuff by advertising in the towns and selling through trade, due to the fact that they can't afford the consignment shop tax.This ^

@OP This is why trade was created. To give players option to sell their item without extra costs, freely to another player. It shouldn't have tax on it.

PostNoob
06-10-2018, 11:32 AM
I have to disagree. Many people resort to selling their stuff by advertising in the towns and selling through trade, due to the fact that they can't afford the consignment shop tax.

Be more specific please? Would you say it happens to more poor people or people selling high value items? Would you agree that tax in cs should be lowered if its under a certain value?

Also, as I mentioned, it wouldnt be like the cs, but a cheaper tax.

DalleManden
06-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Be more specific please? Would you say it happens to more poor people or people selling high value items? Would you agree that tax in cs should be lowered if its under a certain value?

Also, as I mentioned, it wouldnt be like the cs, but a cheaper tax.

It happens to everyone. Perhaps if it really is necessary, then a tax could be added when items are sold for above a certain limit.

badgirlchlo
06-10-2018, 12:14 PM
bad idea, straight up.

PostNoob
06-10-2018, 12:16 PM
It happens to everyone. Perhaps if it really is necessary, then a tax could be added when items are sold for above a certain limit.

Indeed, ive been there many times. Most times ill go sell something of less value to earn the tax or if your able to go to gy or maus and grind it(mostly the first.) I wouldn't conclude a decision in a game over if someone can afford something at a certain time, to me that's selfish(opinion). If you cant afford it I would say" No, you cannot afford it right now".

This thread got started when I was thinking about the upcoming expansion and if AL's player base jumped in numbers. Stg is pushing people to end game and if the gy/maus runners were to increase fairly substantially, well that's a lot of gold with nowhere to go.

Maybe after 1-2 million gold goes in a trade window a small tax gets slapped on.I don't want this to impact the newer players or less fortunate.

I like your idea and will drop a thanks when I can!

Ebereasider
06-10-2018, 12:22 PM
This thread got started when I was thinking about the upcoming expansion and if AL's player base jumped in numbers. Stg is pushing people to end game and if the gy/maus runners were to increase fairly substantially, well that's a lot of gold with nowhere to go.

Most likely maus gold drop will be nerfed with the expansion

Alwarez
06-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Merchants will suffer severely if that's implemented

And everybody else will be ok. May help with stupid 50m/100m++ prices on items

PatD
06-10-2018, 12:56 PM
i completely disagree with this idea, we paying tax in cs for the luxe of selling our items easily, when we "streets" sell our things, the fact that we don't pay tax is the motivation to do it! there is many other way to balance economy!

Java
06-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Just eliminate consignment fees and ppl will use the cs all the time. Less quick change trade window scams. Lots of scam issues are eliminated by just making cs the way to do most sales transactions.

#downwithalltaxes

Sir zir
06-10-2018, 12:58 PM
And I’m a merchant to so respect the merchant community my advise to you is to not post anything alittle bit ... unnecessary again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostNoob
06-10-2018, 01:06 PM
That’s probably one of the most dumbest forums I’ve seen if not the dumbest man comeon be smart you know you wouldn’t like it your self you would cry like my little cousin

Nope. I don't cry over games good sir/madam. I'm not the richest nor most poor person in AL but a tax to sell items in town wouldn't be the end of the world and I can guarantee you I at least have the games best interests in mind. Do you have any constructive feedback or objectivity on the matter?

BRYBE
06-10-2018, 01:23 PM
With this tax youll be broke forever and will start lending golds from friends just to sold some items to get back some golds for taxes. Oops lending "using trade" still needed tax x.x youll be broke forever unless you run maus with your epic equips looted (maybe youre a collector dont have any endgame equip) but how about if this broke thing happened at lvl 30 char and it is only char you have? Farm brackenridge for some golds to pay tax to sell things?

PostNoob
06-10-2018, 01:34 PM
With this tax youll be broke forever and will start lending golds from friends just to sold some items to get back some golds for taxes. Oops lending "using trade" still needed tax x.x youll be broke forever unless you run maus with your epic equips looted (maybe youre a collector dont have any endgame equip) but how about if this broke thing happened at lvl 30 char and it is only char you have? Farm brackenridge for some golds to pay tax to sell things?

The OP does state this was just a beginning idea, the goal would be to tax the rich and not the poor. I ask for constructive feedback as thus idea obvs needed expanding. If you read some posts there are some good ideas on this and the goal would be to cut taxes for the poor and increase taxes for the rich. @DallasMadden had a good thought of just adding a tax to trades over X amount( a million or two?less?). No need to maximize everything to make it seem the worst possible although I fully understand what you are saying.

Rauitri
06-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Not a lot of people will take this as a good thing but street tax should be a thing here.
If your the one selling an item and the trade doesn't happen through the consignment store, it should still be taxed. In not saying any certain % or anything right now, I'm merely saying it would be a healthy way to keep gold from devaluing.

An option to split tax between the two would be fair I think. I have more but would enjoy some constructive feedback first please!

Thank all and happy farming!I think like you, having interest in the game rather then you, them, i or any singularity.

But playing this game for 4 years, and stumbled upon what the community consist of, mostly filled with players only thinking about themselves ( chose not to use "selfish" as that would produce even more drama ). Not those who suffer because of this inflation.

But as you can, these people overpower those who still have interest in the game, as a whole. And that is hard to change, but just to follow their way.

Reading this section, all u can see are more vanities, more housing furnitures and slots, turn gear into vanities and list goes on. You can clearly see that people want these changes rather then enjoyable and playable content that most could enjoy.

In my reasoning, these people are the reason why STS couldn't properly focus on producing content for everyone that could fairly achieve. Because these people are trying to threaten them as they would leave if this isn't implemented.
They're basically brainwashing them to get what they want.

But i would say that this is 100% wouldn't be implemented as these people cannot see the effect.

So the only solution is bring back those 5k Awakening gems from store, as that is the best gold sink if sts would re-introduce them once again.

Ty

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

BRYBE
06-10-2018, 01:44 PM
The OP does state this was just a beginning idea, the goal would be to tax the rich and not the poor. I ask for constructive feedback as thus idea obvs needed expanding. If you read some posts there are some good ideas on this and the goal would be to cut taxes for the poor and increase taxes for the rich. @DallasMadden had a good thought of just adding a tax to trades over X amount( a million or two?less?). No need to maximize everything to make it seem the worst possible although I fully understand what you are saying.

How about lvl 1 char with max golds and 500m+ items worth? No tax? How about lvl 66 but real broke 0 gold and got nothing to farm some golds yeah as i said alrdy youll broke forever and how about a broke player with 0 golds but only have items worth 100m+(need many golds to pay te tax) but have no endgame equips and need to farm low lvl maps with 1 gold looted in 1 run just to lend golds from friends to sell the 100m+ items but if you dont have any friend that trusted you, hmm you need to farm maus with some looted equips there 0.0 and if youre going to make a system of taxing and detecting just player with high ammount of golds its something like making Arcane Legends 2 and get 0 profit for sts itself. Or you wanted the system to be able to detect broke player(with 0 golds) no need tax for selling but everyone in AL will just stash the gols on other char to make it 0 golds and no need tax for trading billions worth items

Ebereasider
06-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Another point, trading is not only used for simply selling items for gold.
- How about when someone wants to trade an item for another? they can't trade unless one of the party pays tax first? how will be tax determined without a gold amount?
- How about when you want to borrow some gold from a friend? Will you pay tax twice when you borrow and when you return? Will that be fair?

Sir zir
06-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Nope. I don't cry over games good sir/madam. I'm not the richest nor most poor person in AL but a tax to sell items in town wouldn't be the end of the world and I can guarantee you I at least have the games best interests in mind. Do you have any constructive feedback or objectivity on the matter?

Do you not care for the al community do you got any sense ?

BRYBE
06-10-2018, 02:07 PM
- How about when someone wants to trade an item for another? they can't trade unless one of the party pays tax first? how will be tax determined without a gold amount?
- How about when you want to borrow some gold from a friend? Will you pay tax twice when you borrow and when you return? Will that be fair?

As i said earlier making this taxing tradings system is like making Arcane Legends 2 and will not give sts any profit

BRYBE
06-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Just my thoguht
I think the poster is annoyed and jealous with richies but they got their golds by spending moneys on plat or farming lifelessly the gy and maus also they spend many times to play AL and i think the solution to making less golds(so normal farmer and lifeless farmer gold gap isnt too big like now) is just to nerf maus gold loot but hehe everyone will just -1 to this xD

PostNoob
06-10-2018, 02:15 PM

Barter system wouldn't have a tax, I was thinking on that as well. Lending gold would be a very valid issue, you shouldn't have to pay it twice, once would be enough.

Good questions.

PostNoob
06-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Just my thoguht
I think the poster is annoyed and jealous with richies but they got their golds by spending moneys on plat or farming lifelessly the gy and maus also they spend many times to play AL and i think the solution to making less golds(so normal farmer and lifeless farmer gold gap isnt too big like now) is just to nerf maus gold loot but hehe everyone will just -1 to this xD

Actually no, I've stated I'm not super rich nor poor. Not that its any of your buisness but I would guess my total value of my account would be around 25-30 M. I've maybe spent 100-150bucks on sts games since I first started playing 3-12-2012 of that maybe 60$ on AL. I wouldn't farm if I didn't like it, I do control what I spend my time doing. I dislike the fact that you seem to want to talk down to someone for throwing an idea in the air that has the longevity of the game in mind. I can see that English isnt your first language so maybe you don't understand some of what I say? I know google translate can be frustrating to try and decipher. Lastly, I can see that you have very little to contribute as far as being able to discuss things in a human manner. I do suggest you learn how to converse topics objectively before you head out to the real world.

Sorry for off topic.

Ajcheisnj
06-10-2018, 02:32 PM
This is a very stupid idea....no sense at all as players above stated this will just break the game even more

Motherless_Child
06-10-2018, 03:33 PM

Thank all and happy farming!

Hummmm......................

BRYBE
06-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Actually no, I've stated I'm not super rich nor poor. Not that its any of your buisness but I would guess my total value of my account would be around 25-30 M. I've maybe spent 100-150bucks on sts games since I first started playing 3-12-2012 of that maybe 60$ on AL. I wouldn't farm if I didn't like it, I do control what I spend my time doing. I dislike the fact that you seem to want to talk down to someone for throwing an idea in the air that has the longevity of the game in mind. I can see that English isnt your first language so maybe you don't understand some of what I say? I know google translate can be frustrating to try and decipher. Lastly, I can see that you have very little to contribute as far as being able to discuss things in a human manner. I do suggest you learn how to converse topics objectively before you head out to the real world.

Sorry for off topic.

No lol who copy paste to translate to google but yeah could you pleasr read my comments? The one that makes you cant play AL anymore

BRYBE
06-10-2018, 04:17 PM

Sorry for off topic.

Read my comments i said youre jealous with richies not youre the richie zz

BRYBE
06-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Lemme sum up my comments
-you cant trade if you have 0 golds
-more worst if 0 golds and no equips to farm endgame map(quit AL is better)
-lending/giveaway golds will have problems
-swapping items would be 0 tax?
-how about trading items and golds at the same time? Both got tax?
-scam would be double : a seller overpricing and the buyer paid for overpriced and also paid for the high tax

PsychoNuke
06-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Just eliminate consignment fees and ppl will use the cs all the time. Less quick change trade window scams. Lots of scam issues are eliminated by just making cs the way to do most sales transactions.

#downwithalltaxes

I have been saying this for a while now. Or add same fee for trading.
If the fee is same or nil both ways then people will definitely prefer CS over standing in towns waiting for preys.

PsychoNuke
06-10-2018, 11:14 PM
Lemme sum up my comments
-you cant trade if you have 0 golds
-more worst if 0 golds and no equips to farm endgame map(quit AL is better)

If you are an endgame players then you can have 40k/day just by doing daily quest. That is just quest payout, not including the gold that mobs/chest/boss drops.
You can run maus with level 61/66 legendary gear also. Having good gear and gear with gl awakes is a luxury not a necessity.
Play the game - do elites - there are plenty of ways to get gold. No need to quit, you will be fine.

-lending/giveaway golds will have problems
Rich players who giveaway gold dont mind paying the tax. If you are not rich then I don't think you should lend or give away.

-swapping items would be 0 tax?
Items can be swapped using the gift option.

-how about trading items and golds at the same time? Both got tax?
Only the seller get taxed (CS rule). So if both parties are selling items - then both will be taxed.

-scam would be double : a seller overpricing and the buyer paid for overpriced and also paid for the high tax
From my perspective scam will be less. More people would prefer putting items in CS, it will increase the competition and in-turn reduce the price of the items.

BRYBE
06-10-2018, 11:53 PM
If you are an endgame players then you can have 40k/day just by doing daily quest. That is just quest payout, not including the gold that mobs/chest/boss drops.
You can run maus with level 61/66 legendary gear also. Having good gear and gear with gl awakes is a luxury not a necessity.
Play the game - do elites - there are plenty of ways to get gold. No need to quit, you will be fine.

Rich players who giveaway gold dont mind paying the tax. If you are not rich then I don't think you should lend or give away.

Items can be swapped using the gift option.

Only the seller get taxed (CS rule). So if both parties are selling items - then both will be taxed.

From my perspective scam will be less. More people would prefer putting items in CS, it will increase the competition and in-turn reduce the price of the items.

I appreciate all your answers but this isnt your thread?

Nohealth
06-11-2018, 12:14 AM
I appreciate all your answers but this isnt your thread?What is has to do if it's his thread or not? Thread is made for everyone to post opinion/feedback/answer questions not only the OP

BRYBE
06-11-2018, 02:23 AM
What is has to do if it's his thread or not? Thread is made for everyone to post opinion/feedback/answer questions not only the OP

I was questioning the thread owner about his idea not nuke's idea...

Ghuls
06-11-2018, 02:57 AM
Yea great idea lets bring politics into a video game

PsychoNuke
06-11-2018, 05:26 AM
I appreciate all your answers but this isnt your thread?

Right I left a very important point to make it official, i.e., "In My Opinion". But I guess you got the answers at-least. :)

BRYBE
06-11-2018, 06:20 AM
Right I left a very important point to make it official, i.e., "In My Opinion". But I guess you got the answers at-least. :)

Not at all tbh :/
Except postnoob is your other forum account

Ajcheisnj
06-11-2018, 07:26 AM
Lel saltiest thread i've ever seen ;) 🙌🙌

PatD
06-11-2018, 07:46 AM

#downwithalltaxes

-1 to this, if they remove cs fees, u will get all kind of crap in cs with ridiculous prices

Suentous PO
06-11-2018, 07:57 AM
If things could still be gifted or swapped in any way then merchers will avoid both taxes by selling on line with no tax, no sts supervision, and where scammers could fake identity way easier. Bad idea, black market wins.

Besides who says the economy needs a gold sink? Only the devs can see the big picture and if anything needs to happen.

Rauitri
06-11-2018, 07:57 AM
Possible Solutions:

- Bringing back those 5k awakening gems won't hurt ( except for the revenue of sts as to why they removed it?).

- Adding in a gold vanity weapon & a 50m gold vanity from Sir Spendsalot

- Perhaps nerf the gold coming from maus and esg as the new expansion arrives, so that the millions of gold coming in the economy would lessen ( but make sure expansion has the content to satisfy the farmers ).

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

PsychoNuke
06-11-2018, 09:33 AM
Not at all tbh :/
Except postnoob is your other forum account

You are free to think as you please. I don't realy care about your allegation :)

PostNoob
06-11-2018, 09:59 AM
I asked for opinions and got them. I've already put two people on the ignore list from this thread, makes life easier that way. A lot of very valid points here, A lot of spam/salt also.

Not sure why some cannot explain why they have such strong feelings for something without personally attacking others. It really shows the maturity level of some people, which I had surpassed when I was 12(15 years ago). Half of you really need to get off your phone and actually interact with the world, your people skills are in terrible need of work. I did my best to not snap back but these children are just that, children.

@Devs I think we hit the ceiling of getting any positive posts on this thread and please close it without reservations.

Thank you all who discussed this with me and the others! I do have a more widely acceptable idea that doesnt have to do with trade tax or the like and will post it shortly.

PsychoNuke
06-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Nice thinking process behind the OP but here's my two cents.

This will lead to a lot of items flooding the CS taking up server space. Tons of energy kits, elixirs and deary eggs listed for 10m. People just hoping for someone to misclick, nott to mention the other problems that arise with this when it comes to tracking RWTers.

A nice way to resolve this would be forsake the auction price for items below a certain value.Also to keep people from manipulating the market it would be a nice idea to add a history of past few items successfully sold in the auction. The second part does require some work, and thinking >_<

Really wish there wasn't so much petty bickering side tracking a perfectly decent thread... Would have been nice to get a conversation going for once that was actually productive.

I agree. That is a very good idea to have item specific cap system in CS, may be based on rarity/level/number of drops/no of items in game, etc. And to have history to know the market value of an item.

The problem is these ideas will be shadowed under the toxicity of this thread.

People forget that there is always a way to overcome the issue they are describing. It might be a challenge at first but we can work together to find a solution.
Instead they choose to rant/cry and pick fights just to prove their perception about something they speculate.

There are so many posts in so many good thread that do not follow the forum rules. Devs should delete these posts to clean the threads (instead of locking down the whole thread), and ban the posters. Its sad to see good suggestions and posts getting shadowed under toxic posts.

I don't blame devs for sloppy moderation, they might be busy with other priorities but then it results in discouraging (good) posters from making suggestions.

DalleManden
06-12-2018, 02:27 AM
Not sure why some cannot explain why they have such strong feelings for something without personally attacking others.

I'm sorry to see that your thread has derailed this much, and the disrespect/attacks other players have given you were not deserved. I see this a lot, and it seems as if you can no longer have a civil discussion on the forums any longer, perhaps this will change in the future when STS hires a new moderator (atleast we can hope). But as you said, the fact of the matter is that, most of the players are just kids/young teenagers who don't know any better. Just keep ya head up!

scarysmerf
06-12-2018, 03:36 AM
I say no auction fees are enough already as is.

Majin
06-12-2018, 03:49 AM
I think Arcane is awarded for top 10 Hack and slash game means swing n kill
Or is it virtual Life simulator? Work earn pay tax, feed , housing, mortgage, marriage-family

BRYBE
06-12-2018, 06:00 AM
I'm sorry to see that your thread has derailed this much, and the disrespect/attacks other players have given you were not deserved. I see this a lot, and it seems as if you can no longer have a civil discussion on the forums any longer, perhaps this will change in the future when STS hires a new moderator (atleast we can hope). But as you said, the fact of the matter is that, most of the players are just kids/young teenagers who don't know any better. Just keep ya head up!

I didnt attack i posted my opinions that this thing will just counter newbies but idk why he took it serious

BRYBE
06-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Btw tax for trade/barter/swap isnt exist irl and in-game....

BRYBE
06-12-2018, 06:51 AM
All this because some players are farming gold in Maus..?

So in simple words : "Complicate my lovely game arcane legends because some people are farming the same maps from 2yrs and they will keep farming it like this is only life.. and I a player who loves playing different content in game have to suffer all this , I have to PAY TAXES and other crazy non sense things because some people are lifeless/greedy/obsessed with maus?

This is what i thought first i read this thread but trade tax would not benefit both farmer and not farmer
Farmer: they spend time for farming to pay for taxes?
Not farmer: needed to pay taxes for nothing...

Loszy
06-12-2018, 07:34 AM
the downside of street trading is that only the people in your map can see what you are selling, where as on the auction, the whole of al can see your listed item. the auction lists your item up for a certain amount of hours but you cant street trade for 12+ hours which is why there is a tax on the auc. also when listing up expensive items, sometimes the tax is just too much. maybe cos im

PostNoob
06-12-2018, 11:35 AM
I didnt attack i posted my opinions that this thing will just counter newbies but idk why he took it serious

He never mentioned anyone's name?

Btw tax for trade/barter/swap isnt exist irl and in-game....

I've been saying it shouldn't affect straight up trades.

Pretty sure that everyone would agree that a minimum gold amount(say 1m) must be traded before a tax(3%?) Is slapped on. Could people poke holes in that? How would that affect newbies please? I've also mentioned that I think the cs tax should be removed for items under a certain value, which would be SPECIFICALLY implemented for lower end items of which newbies deal in. Poke holes in that please?

I'm not sure how 30k out of 1 million will destroy the game or anything that some of you say. I'm not sure some of you guys even get the scope of what this system would be trying to deal with, I'm really not.

Thank you to all who gave feedback and a special thanks to all who contributed valid, well spoken points on this topic!

BRYBE
06-12-2018, 08:41 PM
He never mentioned anyone's name?

I've been saying it shouldn't affect straight up trades.

Pretty sure that everyone would agree that a minimum gold amount(say 1m) must be traded before a tax(3%?) Is slapped on. Could people poke holes in that? How would that affect newbies please? I've also mentioned that I think the cs tax should be removed for items under a certain value, which would be SPECIFICALLY implemented for lower end items of which newbies deal in. Poke holes in that please?

I'm not sure how 30k out of 1 million will destroy the game or anything that some of you say. I'm not sure some of you guys even get the scope of what this system would be trying to deal with, I'm really not.

Thank you to all who gave feedback and a special thanks to all who contributed valid, well spoken points on this topic!

1. You quoted me since start

2. Now after years you answered my questions