PDA

View Full Version : Swamp Farming Question

Yvonnel
11-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Can someone with alot if experience farming the swamps help me out. I have been farming the swamps (solo) on my twink (lvl 32) trying to get lvl 33 drops. I am still getting lvl 35 drops. I have been clearing the maps and getting the threat level down to yellow, but with no luck.

Pointers???

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Lowlyspy
11-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Are you running with anyone else? The threat level should be white to get the level items you are looking for.

im4broke
11-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Hey Yvonnel...I farm level for level 30 stuff with two different L30 toons, no matter how I run the map I get a variety of level drops in grey through purple from L30-L32. However, I've seen these five pink drops:

L30 Juice (Ma Croc)
L30 Hooch (Ma Croc)
L30 Pole (Pa Croc)
L30 Lance (Pa Croc)
and a odd one: L31 Jewel Thiefs Toad Leather Tunic (Swamp Hag)

If you have not gotten a pink, don't give up hope just yet. If all you are seeing in levels are the grey through purples, then yes they will be at odd levels to what you expect. If you have gotten a pink and it was L35, then I have no answer for why it happened unless there is a glich in the drop coding.

Ellyidol
11-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Are you running with anyone else? The threat level should be white to get the level items you are looking for.

Agree. As far as I know, drop scaling only happens when threat turns white.

Yvonnel
11-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks everyone. I was thinking that all boss drops would be scaled. Haven't seen a pink drop, so we will wait and see.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

WhoIsThis
11-13-2011, 05:53 PM
They have changed the scaling significantly. Hmm ... as an experiment, try farming with your 61 and see if you can get any 35 drops.

Conradin
11-13-2011, 06:02 PM
You may have to kill a certain amount of mobs for the threat level. Add Headdshot- Ill acompany you.

Elyseon
11-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Yep threat must be white, and i believe at 32 u will get lvl30 items

im4broke
11-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Agree. As far as I know, drop scaling only happens when threat turns white.
Ellyidol this holds true when you are the same level as the drop you are after, I'm not so positive on the L33 when Yvonnel's toon is 32. For example, I use a level 9 to farm DF sometimes and the threat is always yellow whether I boss-rush or clear all enemy, but my drops are always L10 (got the pink dex with this one).

As mentioned, my two 30's can farm Croc's and no matter how many I kill I get variations in levels of the drops. The L31 dex listed above probably happened because it came from a dungeon (Swamp Hag) where the Croc's keep respawning and hence can never "clear" the map. I do agree that the threat should be white, but I may of misunderstood Yvonnel, "I have been clearing the maps wand getting the threat level down to yellow, but with no luck." Given the toons level is 32 it may always be yellow even when all the enemy are killed.

Kaytar
11-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Just tried Scalefield homestead with my level 60 enchantress. I got
The voodoo spoon: level 35
Blackbird Wing: level 33
Conquerors Trident: pink level 35.
Guess there is no set level of drops

Fyrce
11-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Some drops are only certain levels and don't scale, such as that blackbird wing. Not everything in the swamps scale to 31, 33, and 35. In general, if something would scale to L33, as an L32 toon soloing, she should get that. However, pinks also scale separately to other drops, or they can.

For example, you can run with level 60s in swamps, which should mean that you will drop L35 items. Again, not everything drops at L35. There are some items that are L33, L34 no matter who is in the group. However, there will be scaled items that will scale to your level no matter who is in your group. I've generally seen this in Sandstone Caves, for non-pink drops or for certain pinks. This generally does not apply to pinks that people are farming for.

The threat level as you run the area will change as you kill. I'm not sure you need white if you are below the level of the item you are trying to drop, since for some levels, such as im4's level 9 in DF, the CON will always be at least yellow. Maybe the L32 has to make sure the CON is white or yellow. In FH for example, if you are say level 4 and the CON is red, you won't drop a level 4 item. You'll drop a level 5 or level 6 item, which actually is a bit annoying :p In Swamps, red CON could mean a level 35 item.

Anyways, experiment and pay attention to the color of the circle of the enemy. See what level items you drop for which color. Generally what level you drop for non-pinks will be the level you drop for the scaled pinks. Again, not everything scales to 31, 33 or 35 in the swamps though. Some items scale differently or don't scale at all. You'll probably just have to learn which DO scale. The CS is a good place to see this.

I'm also wondering whether the CON you see (the color of the circle) is actually a rounded CON, such as the number you see for armor, etc. resulting in those +0 numbers. So possibly one's yellow circle is not the same as someone else of a different level's yellow circle. That might make a difference.

drewcapu
11-14-2011, 10:39 PM
The threat level will tell you what level the typical drop will be compared to your level.

Take DF1 for example.

If you are soloing with a L10, you have to wait for it to turn white if you want a L10 drop. We all know this. When it is white everything is scaled to your level. If you don't clear enough, the threat level will be yellow and drop a L11.

If you are soloing with a L9 or L8, it cannot turn white since the minimum drop for DF1 is L10. The threat level will start yellow and stay yellow even if you clear the map. This is because it is scaled 1 or 2 levels above you.

If you are in a group where someone is three or move levels above you, everything scales as such and you'll start with a red threat level.

As you out-level a campaign you start to get other colors after white (blue then green) until you've totally out-leveled the campaign and get nothing but a grey threat level.