PDA

View Full Version : Weekly egg lottery system.

PostNoob
06-11-2018, 10:22 AM
What would you all think of a egg lottery system? Say a npc who can sell you a lottery ticket for an arcane egg(prolly not) or heroic egg. Maybe you can buy a couple tickets per account? It would obviously have to be a clutch of eggs and not just one. So everyone can have a weekly chance at a cheap(almost free!) Higher end pet. These eggs could also be non tradeable to avoid the making of new accounts and the such to cheat the system. Gold amount per ticket would be the hardest part to figure out. 10k? 20k? 50k? I just think this would be a cool little thing to add in the game, you never know, you could win!

this is just in the idea phase and would appreciate some constructive criticism!

Have a nice day!

MegaVordred
06-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Might ruin the economy.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Nohealth
06-11-2018, 10:38 AM
This will affect egg-prices for sure. I think if it would be monthly chance to get one of mythic, arcane or heroic pets would be better and not make huge impact on the prices of the eggs. I think 500k seems fair for the ticket as we can lose or just gain from it. I agree on the part that it should be only once per account and account should have trade permit unlocked + certain level to avoid people exploiting it. Overall I like the idea!

Edit: Yes, Eggs should be unable to sell.

Hartholzwurm
06-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Unable to sell? If you own an arcane pet and you loot the same nontradeable.....what to do with it?.......just my two cent. Have a nice day

Nohealth
06-11-2018, 10:44 AM
Unable to sell? If you own an arcane pet and you loot the same nontradeable.....what to do with it?.......just my two cent. Have a nice dayYou can open it on your alt :D
Or slot as AA or HB into other pet.

PostNoob
06-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Might ruin the economy.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Because of the influx of eggs? I was thinking a small number (maybe only 5-10?) And an untradeable egg would help curb it. I would still buy a ticket even if it was only a very small number of eggs. To expand, maybe it wouldn't have to be just eggs, it could be a random item here and there along with an egg or two.

Would you guys think 20 eggs a month(5 a week?) Would hurt the eggconomy? Can y'all think of other things to put in a lottery? It could be anything really.

Edit: of course my numbers are just placeholders, sts would be the only to know what's a safe number

Oakmaiden
06-11-2018, 11:34 AM
QUOTED CONTENT REMOVED
Hypercaffeinated

Stop reading his threads.

thekragle
06-11-2018, 12:00 PM
I actually kinda like this idea. It doesn't have to just be eggs but any desirable item, a noble jewel, arcane shard or heroic egg and so on.

I dont think it should be more than a weekly raffle/lottery for 1 item. If it's done properly it won't affect prices of similar items that much anyway.

If I remember correctly, if most active players contributed, the odds of winning based on stats provided by Sts recently would appear to be 1:15000 so that's a lot of gold that could potentially go out of the economy which might also be helpful.

I like any out of the box thinking. Even if the idea is bad for the game it might make a Dev think of a way to tweak a bad idea into a good one!

Java
06-11-2018, 12:04 PM
Sounds like a great gold sink...as long as not many eggs are distributed every week.

On a side note, these kind of threads should be in the AL Suggestions section...maybe you would get less negative comments?!? Probably not, because, well, it's the forums.

Stonedincali
06-11-2018, 01:08 PM
Why not take it and use it for all those useless eggs we all have? Perhaps one egg for one chance at a cooler egg.
Kind of like the Arlor egg rescue that once long ago happening....
Or throw your eggs in for a lottery for the best newest coolest egg ???
Just an idea....
Happy hunting

ebolachan
06-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Stop reading his threads.

Oaky has a point

PatD
06-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Instead of winning an egg i would rather like to win the right to have a street fight with the minstrel, directly in traveller outpost, if u win u get a guitar van and if he win he shame you in front of everybody in town by singing his song with his foot on your lying body! loll sorry i'm tired so i'm just half serious

PostNoob
06-24-2018, 07:27 PM
Bump

/need 11