PDA

View Full Version : What if...

im4broke
11-13-2011, 04:44 PM
For the first time I completed a whole run through the Shadow Caves. And so I did it a second time because I had a good group. My compliments to all who ran with me, it was two good runs! We got discouraged in the second run from dying too many times, mostly not knowing when and where we were in relation to the bosses. Plus everytime one died we asked ourselves, "Is this worth it?" I'm talking L61's getting one-shotted in a L50 dungeon!

In the first run we had all L61 toons with one on elixir, and the second run we had one L52 and four L61's. The first run saw zero pinks drop and in the second run I saw two Sun Blessed bows drop (worth less than 10k on CS currently) and a couple of trash pinks of AO3. There is a lot for me to learn about these maps and I'm sure what I'm about say has been said many times, the drop rate is really terrible for the options that are available. I've seen this numerous times in the threads here and so I expected it to be bad. But I got to thinking, "Why?" And so I came up with this idea:

Elite dungeons are suppose to be hard and the drops extremely rare. Good, I like that! However, seeing greys and oranges drop from the main boss in a high level elite dungeon is very discouraging. I expect it from the lower level dungeons, not one where the options for drops can be better. What if, like in Skeller Returns/Pentacle of Pain!, the drops were the AO3 trash puple/pink from the Shadow Cave bosses? I'm not saying they should be the highly prized ones. A sub group of the highly prized pinks can be treated like the Dark Forest L10 pinks, your roll can be in the trash/semi good stuff or the premium group. I'm not even suggesting changing how often the premium pinks drops, only that it would be way more enjoyable seeing more pinks drop.

When I was having a dry run on pinks I would remake Skeller Returns numerous times just to see PINK! I didn't care they were worthless, it just reasured me of why I play. In the beginning it was all about leveling, now I like farming...that "let's see what this dungeon has to offer me" attitude. So what I'm asking is, what's a few more trash AO3 purple/pinks really going to do the market? Nothing! But it might just make more people go to the Shadow Caves no matter how many times they die.

Hmmm, maybe that's the answer no one wants. More people farming increases how often the premium pinks drop therefore causing more to show up on the CS and thus reducing the price of them. I really don't think it will have that big of an impact on the market. What, maybe a 10% reduction in prices? A 400k death armor may drop to 360k...that's still a LOT of gold for a LOT of people.

Okay this is really just a rough idea of what I've been thinking these few hours since my runs. Hoping your comments help to polish it.