PDA

View Full Version : Lag issues

huskerfan23
11-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Yes I already read the article on this and I turned off all notifications and did all that. I'm experiencing MAJOR lag and its driving me crazy.
I am playing on an HTC EVO 4g. If you really understand how Android works I should not have to stop any apps from running in the background because Android will do it automatically, do a search on this if you don't believe.
I've tried it with WiFi and 3g and 4g with no luck. It only lags when I start fighting. Any other time my ping is between 100 and 250.
So what is the issue here?

javier995
11-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Sometimes is just the phone.

Here are some reasons it may be lagging.

Low memory: download advanced task manager and history eraser

Graphics: in the menu where you disabled notifications disable the following:
High quality
Camera effects

Now enable:
Double pixel
Lock camera

Also it may be your connection, but since you said it wasn't that, it's most likely what I stated above. Hope it helps.

huskerfan23
11-13-2011, 05:23 PM
My free memory is 220. Is this good enough?
Also I'm not a fan of task killers here is why ( and NO I am not soliciting anything its just a great article for those who want to know)

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

huskerfan23
11-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Nope no luck free memory available is 220.
It might just be the phone. My 2nd gen ipod has no issues. Don't know whatis wrong.

weizhen77
11-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Never have such issue on my iPhone3GS or iPad.

huskerfan23
11-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Strange thing is I was playing PL two days ago with no issues.

Slant
11-14-2011, 08:10 AM
hmm some older devices are slowing down and freezing during intense gameplay after the new update, have you tried turning background services off/? if the ping rises during the lag, then its an issue with your connection, if the ping is constant and there is no activity on screen, ie the game is frozen, then its an issue with your device memory