PDA

View Full Version : "Buy pots"

macgreaze
06-13-2018, 05:40 PM
I was running graveyard today. Two strong warriors, an agile rogue and powerful mage. We had a great team - or so I thought!

About half way through I realised my mana was running incredibly low due to healing everybody and wasn't being replenished. I was sure this was the Mage's role and assumed he had just forgot so politely asked in the chat.

Macgreaze: " Excuse me good sir, but would you be so kind as to refill my mana"

Mage: " buy pots.. endgame mages don't give mana anymore".

I am flabbergasted. This cheeky Mage refusing to top up mana although benefiting from my heal. By telling me to "use pots" he is basically saying I should spend gold on keeping him alive. Do these Mages not realise that each class was made to compliment the other? Do they not know there is no "I" in team?

This game seems to be filled with selfish people just out for themselves now. I remember when players used to be helpful and honest. Shame on any Mage who doesn't give Mana. You know who you are!

|Ares|
06-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?

Suentous PO
06-13-2018, 06:06 PM
"I was sure this was the Mage's role "

Here's where your wrong
Lol

Tenguila
06-13-2018, 06:25 PM
It's true mages do not use heal skill anymore. And I've come across many. I too wish they use the skill coz that's one of the most unique and useful skill. Other classes fancy that skill. I'm not saying their role is to exclusive "support" other classes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

PostNoob
06-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Mages control the crowds to lessen the damage a tank takes because tanks need a break from aggro every once in a while. In the midst of all that the rogues should take out mages>dps>tanks baddies. Mages are for CC.

I'm assuming the mana heal from mages was really meant for PvP.

In graveyard I give mana but any harder maps and I won't use the heal skill.

That's just my opinion and how I see it. As a mage you should protect your team as much as a tank really, but in a different way of course.

Xxkayakxx
06-13-2018, 11:32 PM
I’m one of the mages that still use that skill, mostly for “surviving” reasons against razor shield mobs in big pulls. And nobody in my 1000 lich kills in m6 ever asked me mana (asked......people usually just state “mana” with not even a pls).
As a mage I stun/freeze/root as much as I can (fireball and clock mastery, breeze as base pet) and have shield for big pulls (there are good wars that are able to pull the entire map xD).
Other mages just use pots and add other skills like Gale Force to remove curse and raise armor.
Pots are the way to go for graveyard/mausoleum for each class. I spam them a lot......(I learned that 9999 is pots cap when mauso opened xD)
Don’t be upset by it, just take in account that is common in those maps :)

Nohealth
06-14-2018, 12:37 AM
I don't think you know exact purpose of the roles in game so let me break it down for ya real quick.

Warrior - aka tank. Muscled machine to keep enemies busy and your team alive while mages and rogues doing their job to kill them (holding aggro, taunt(ing) them)

Sorcerer - aka mages, smurf. Crowd control beasts. Their role is to deal massive Area of Effect damage and impairing them (stun/root/freeze/knock-back)

Rogue - aka rogue, lol. DPS and single damage monster. Cute but dangerous, focusing on massive one-target damage.
Focusing on taking out most dangerous things/mob as first (example mage and witches in graveyard/maus)

So saying things like "mage should give mana" or "he benefit from my heal skill" is total BS and it is not like that since this cap, expansion. It's like that since I remember.

Besides mages using Heal in PvE ruin the aggro of tanks and I'd even say slower the runs such as m5/6. I personally don't mind when mages use heal in PvE in easy maps I even appreciate that. Ain't nobody wanna waste potions when all your skills just one hit everything around. But in harder maps such as m5-6 it's waste of skill-slot thus, damage.

thekragle
06-14-2018, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I gotta say it as well, you can't expect mages to give Mana in maps. One of the biggest pet peeves for mages in the past has been rogues asking for mana. If they want to and like to, great, but otherwise there are reasons they don't or won't. Specifically for aggro reasons, but also because it's not as useful anymore.

This has been a debate in the past between rogues and mages but overwhelmingly, most players always side with mages and respecting thier version of game play or skills. P.s. my main character is a rogue

Gouiwaa9000
06-14-2018, 04:16 AM
Mages dont use heal in pve... It slows down the run . Much better to go shield and 3 offensive skills to have the most cc . Pots are cheap and all endgamers are expected to have them.

Only time when i use heal is for easy maps/events/hauntlet where i will be running for a long time without getting back any of the gold i burn on pots . Even then i swap it out for shield and keep my 3 offensive skills . Also , using the skill draws aggro onto the mage , if your tank wont taunt the mobs after you healed... rip .

Susanne
06-14-2018, 05:07 AM
I was running graveyard today. Two strong warriors, an agile rogue and powerful mage. We had a great team - or so I thought!

About half way through I realised my mana was running incredibly low due to healing everybody and wasn't being replenished. I was sure this was the Mage's role and assumed he had just forgot so politely asked in the chat.

I am flabbergasted. This cheeky Mage refusing to top up mana although benefiting from my heal. By telling me to "use pots" he is basically saying I should spend gold on keeping him alive. Do these Mages not realise that each class was made to compliment the other? Do they not know there is no "I" in team?

This game seems to be filled with selfish people just out for themselves now. I remember when players used to be helpful and honest. Shame on any Mage who doesn't give Mana. You know who you are!

I don't know how you can say that this game is filled with selfish people. I have communicated with you in game and I don't recall being selfish. There are also other people on here who have been kind to you.

Susanne
06-14-2018, 05:13 AM
P.S. I never ask a mage for mana..I'm just happy to benefit from their other skills and their company.

macgreaze
06-14-2018, 05:17 AM
Yes. Susanne you are a very nice and helpful player. It's a rare thing to encounter now so please never change.

I am just shocked to see mages unwilling to help others just so their character is stronger.

Imagine if all warriors said, "endgame warriors don't use heal anymore, buy pots!" ...

Susanne
06-14-2018, 06:08 AM
Yes. Susanne you are a very nice and helpful player. It's a rare thing to encounter now so please never change.

I am just shocked to see mages unwilling to help others just so their character is stronger.

Imagine if all warriors said, "endgame warriors don't use heal anymore, buy pots!" ...

Thankyou..I have eaten humble pie. 😋 I do appreciate the warrior's healing skill but I respect the wishes of all classes to choose their own preference when it comes to skills though. I just go around shooting things.

flexible
06-14-2018, 06:10 AM

Uhmmmmmmm OK...

Susanne
06-14-2018, 06:12 AM
Another P.S. I don't think kindness is rare...it's just the minority of unkind players who get noticed more than the caring ones.

ebolachan
06-14-2018, 01:05 PM

Buy pots lol heal isnt for endgame mages

PatD
06-14-2018, 02:31 PM
as a war, the only time i use heal is for pvp, when i farm i use full offensive skill, no heal and no jug

BobDehBuilder
06-15-2018, 09:52 AM

Well i can imagine you spending x2 more gold on pots if you dont use heal xd, different players, different playstyles and preferences and hey its random always expect the worst :P
tip: use str/int gear instead of str/dex so that you will replenish more mana w/ 1 pot :D

Oakmaiden
06-15-2018, 04:27 PM
LMAO..... and those “no mana here” mages run after my tainted weapons mana pack like they were gold drops!

DalleManden
06-15-2018, 04:37 PM
I'm sorry, but I see this threads being made by you very often. It comes off as if you want everyone to re-fit their play-style so it fits you and your style. You honestly can't come here, and "demand" all of these things, and then ontop of that call the players "selfish".

If three players are doing X, and one player is doing Y, who should really change?

Ucamaeben
06-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Oak I’ll run with you anytime... I spam heal and Mishi is my go-to pet! We’re all set, if you mana isn’t full, then I’ll just throw Mishi a treat 😉

macgreaze
06-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Three players aren't doing x though. I think this is the very first time I have came across a mage who doesn't give Mana. Most Mages are polite and an asset to any team.

So to answer your question I think he should respec his character and choose skills that help others instead of being selfish.

Suentous PO
06-15-2018, 06:54 PM
Three players aren't doing x though. I think this is the very first time I have came across a mage who doesn't give Mana. Most Mages are polite and an asset to any team.

So to answer your question I think he should respec his character and choose skills that help others instead of being selfish.

Or realize mages "help" you by stunning, knocking mobs down, freezing them, or rooting them in place forever. All four of those attacks of mine save you ( & the pt ) from even getting hit, & I do it without crying for you to so much as heal me.

#respondingtotrollpostcuzweedslegalhere

Korabiv
06-15-2018, 11:19 PM
First things first, if you are running a hard map and you tell your party that you are not using pots, nobody will want to run with you. It is expected for everyone to use pots in order to survive and make runs faster, so get used to it.

Second, if you ever are a mage, you know using heal in big group of enemies is a terrible idea. Why? Because as soon as you use heal, all the mobs target that mage and they usually die instantly or have to spam pots in order to survive. That is a big reason why most "good" mages dont use heal.

Also, a typical mage skill build is shield, gale, time shift, and fire/ice. Which of these do you expect them to give up in order to make room for heal? Each of these skills I just mentioned play a huge role in dealing damage, surving, and making runs generally faster. Cutting any one of these skills just to save pots is just a bad idea.

For a better illustration, if you were given an option to run with a person using nekro or a person using jack, which would you choose? Nekros aa gives a shield, does damage, chance to stun, etc. Jacks aa only gives mana. I can guarentee that everyone would choose to run with a nekro user as the boost from the aa is very significant as opposed to jacks. So too is it for mages, as people would rather run wih a mage with and op damage skill with numerous boosts as opposed to a mage who uses a skill that only preserves pots.

QuaseT
06-16-2018, 03:18 AM
Heal skill for mage ends in getting focused by curse and aimed shot. Also waste of a skill slot for pve. Sorry but personally i would never run with somebody who doesnt use pots.

Captain critic
06-16-2018, 06:30 AM

Lol most mages don't heal anymore for a reason, and pots exist for a reason, and there can't be 2 healers on the team, mages control mobs, rogues attack, tank heals, protects everyone, and keeps everyone alive, if you stop healing with your tank, then you aren't really doing your roll correctly, mages heal only mana and hp but tanks heal gives hp and a shield temporarily, if mages keep healing they can't control mobs, if tanks keep healing everyone will stay alive and is protected in a massive clash

ebolachan
06-16-2018, 06:33 AM

Says the guy who selfishly refuses to buy pots and wants others to play specifically how he wants...yeah mages are so selfish...

Ucamaeben
06-16-2018, 06:47 AM
Mages with heal should work in tandem with warrior heal. The warrior heal gives a 3 second shield and buffed armor mastery. Mages throw mana/heal right after warrior with warrior heal shield active. Also, the warrior heal has taunt (up to 5) that will ensure that the mage and rest of party can settle in.

Most challenging groups of mobs take about 5-10 seconds to clear with an efficient, effective party that has a mage, warrior and rogue.

This is an example of how different character types compliment eachother.

Mages throwing mana after warrior really helps warrior because by this time the warrior has used at least three mana skills (for me: vengeful blood, skyward smash, and horn of renew, and chest splitter) to pull mobs. So the warrior is immediately topped off and ready again.

Nohealth
06-16-2018, 06:50 AM
Mages with heal should work in tandem with warrior heal. The warrior heal gives a 3 second shield and buffed armor mastery. Mages throw mana/heal right after warrior with warrior heal shield active. Also, the warrior heal has taunt (up to 5) that will ensure that the mage and rest of party can settle in.

If mages throw heal right after the tank do, it will ruin aggro and mobs will run to mage instead to tank. If mage want to use heal they should do it right before tank so they will stay safe...

flexible
06-16-2018, 07:24 AM
Mages heal should be only used in easier maps(if they want to) period.

IdkIdc
06-25-2018, 10:39 AM
not anymore homie,buy pots now xd cyaaa

Joe Webb
06-25-2018, 06:30 PM
I only use heal in PvP or easy maps, period, as with most mages I know, I run with some that do and that's fine, BOTH ways are fine and I want to break down why these other four skills are way more important:
Arcane Shield: to live in large pulls

Gale Force: knockback and AoE damage along with a mastery that removes rebuffs over time (IMMUE TO MAUS MAGE CURSE!!!)

Fireball: huge AoE damage and stun on top of burning damage

Time Shift: again big AoE damage and roots enemies along with damage over time and a mastery that permanently freezes some enemies

With a professional pot tapping thumb like mine there is no need for heal and I do way more for my party with this set up then using heal

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Susanne
06-26-2018, 06:05 AM
I only use heal in PvP or easy maps, period, as with most mages I know, I run with some that do and that's fine, BOTH ways are fine and I want to break down why these other four skills are way more important:
Arcane Shield: to live in large pulls

Gale Force: knockback and AoE damage along with a mastery that removes rebuffs over time (IMMUE TO MAUS MAGE CURSE!!!)

Fireball: huge AoE damage and stun on top of burning damage

Time Shift: again big AoE damage and roots enemies along with damage over time and a mastery that permanently freezes some enemies

With a professional pot tapping thumb like mine there is no need for heal and I do way more for my party with this set up then using heal

Oooo.. glad I saw this, am going to respec my mage skills. I haven't played on it for ages because I'm so used to rogue and can't get the hang of it. In other words it keeps dying. It's level 61, all I need to know now is what gear to stick on it.

Joe Webb
06-26-2018, 06:12 AM
Oooo.. glad I saw this, am going to respec my mage skills. I haven't played on it for ages because I'm so used to rogue and can't get the hang of it. In other words it keeps dying. It's level 61, all I need to know now is what gear to stick on it.Make sure you take advantage of the gale force mastery