PDA

View Full Version : P.K/PVP Engi... lets work it out!

Gazroast
11-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Hello my fellow Engis!

I saw some posts earlier on DPS for the skills and which one is better but now I cant find them.

Obviously:
1 point Revive
6 point Empathy

What are the next best for DPS, Single target damage/knock down etc. that we would use for PVP?

Lady_Pebbles
11-16-2011, 02:30 AM
I originally had posted info about my Engineer's build but decided to make a thread about it instead...

Thren's Hybrid ENG Build (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42681-Thren-s-ENG-Hybrid-Build)

Luellasky
12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
What ive heard is that you are suppose to use either pain (1) or suppresion (1), then move away and use empathy or leech to substain full health. Eng are pretty much undestructible if you use your skills properly and maintain proper health. Note: you should use implants to increase your armor. During PvP i suggest you use force shield and protection to its max because it will save you a lot of health.... transference is good if your messing with a mob. I wouldnt use sonic boon becuase its cool down is way too long, and it misses the target a quarter of the time (my opinion). For revive, you want to keep that at rank one because it revives dead members and also gives you +1 mana, which benefits you and your whole team. No matter what, you have to always use empathy, cause that gives you health.... duh, lolz.

THE REST IS PvP TATICS: if your facing an eng, you should use pain first to stop him/her from moving, and using skills, since eng are heal tanks, i suggest that everytime you see them use empathy, you use decay and or leech. If your facing an op, the first skill i bet they will use is amplify pain (which looks like blue squares xD), which will decrease your armor drastically, so i would use protection and force shield with a side of empathy :P, since ops do a lot of DPS (damage per second) you want to do DPS also, so for me there: wither, leech, pain, or decay (transference if you want). For a comm, since they are tanks, keep in mind that they have a lot of armor, so I would suggest using protection and then leech (force shield is useless cause they can take that down in seconds), and always use empathy, after they have finished with the heavier attacks, you can use trans, pain, wither and leech as a combo, cause it will do a fair amount of damage, also if they use the skill where they slow you down, you should use leech then suppression. This whole paragraph is my opinion, it might help... it might now, but that is what i keep in mind during a battle c|: hope it helps. Please dont criticize my work >_< lol

LelouchX
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
THE REST IS PvP TATICS: if your facing an eng, you should use pain first to stop him/her from moving, and using skills, since eng are heal tanks, i suggest that everytime you see them use empathy, you use decay and or leech. If your facing an op, the first skill i bet they will use is amplify pain (which looks like blue squares xD), which will decrease your armor drastically, so i would use protection and force shield with a side of empathy :P, since ops do a lot of DPS (damage per second) you want to do DPS also, so for me there: wither, leech, pain, or decay (transference if you want). For a comm, since they are tanks, keep in mind that they have a lot of armor, so I would suggest using protection and then leech (force shield is useless cause they can take that down in seconds), and always use empathy, after they have finished with the heavier attacks, you can use trans, pain, wither and leech as a combo, cause it will do a fair amount of damage, also if they use the skill where they slow you down, you should use leech then suppression. This whole paragraph is my opinion, it might help... it might now, but that is what i keep in mind during a battle c|: hope it helps. Please dont criticize my work >_< lol
Couple things to note. Right now, neither pain nor suppression actually stop the opponent from attacking or using skills. it only keeps them from moving. Transference is currently healing your opponent when it heals you, be aware the only time it will really be helpful to DEAL damage is when they have a tick of health left and it kills them. it will heal you though regardless, so that's something. i think force shield is important either way, no matter what your opponent is, and protection lasts forever basically. force shield maxed will decrease a lot of damage you take before it is destroyed. i'd keep up protection, force shield, and empathy constantly. also, decay will allow your DOTs to hit for more every tick (even if just slightly), i recommend using it then all your other DOTs. watch out for the com skill "increase mass" bc they will be almost indestructible while using it. pain and hiding behind a wall may help while it wears down, bc you won't be able to damage him while this skill is up.

and this isn't a criticism, just adding my thoughts to your insights, thanks ;-)

Luellasky
12-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Ive tested pain, on rank 1, it does stop it from moving and attacking sooo... c|: lolz

Valkax
12-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Couple things to note. Right now, neither pain nor suppression actually stop the opponent from attacking or using skills. it only keeps them from moving. Transference is currently healing your opponent when it heals you, be aware the only time it will really be helpful to DEAL damage is when they have a tick of health left and it kills them. it will heal you though regardless, so that's something. i think force shield is important either way, no matter what your opponent is, and protection lasts forever basically. force shield maxed will decrease a lot of damage you take before it is destroyed. i'd keep up protection, force shield, and empathy constantly. also, decay will allow your DOTs to hit for more every tick (even if just slightly), i recommend using it then all your other DOTs. watch out for the com skill "increase mass" bc they will be almost indestructible while using it. pain and hiding behind a wall may help while it wears down, bc you won't be able to damage him while this skill is up.

and this isn't a criticism, just adding my thoughts to your insights, thanks ;-)

Great tips, thanks. Hopefully transference gets fixed soon, cause I'm not going to keep unspeccing it just to play a match or two.

LelouchX
12-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Ive tested pain, on rank 1, it does stop it from moving and attacking sooo... c|: lolz
yes, pain will stop the opponent for 3 seconds as long as it hits. suppression stops for 8 seconds, but be careful with this one, as damage from your DOTs will cause suppression to break as well. so if you cast wither or leech or decay and it hits, and then cast suppression, it will break almost instantly. i took wither out of my PvP build because it lasts too long and kept breaking my supression, giving me less time to stun and run and build up some health. i can use decay and leech and still manage to stun and run however.

hope this helps

Bene
12-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Shameless plug incoming...

Check out my engineer pvp guide in the pvp forums. Some tips and tricks relative to this discussion can be found there.