PDA

View Full Version : Boss before chest

macgreaze
06-15-2018, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure if I'm the only one annoyed by this, so I thought I would ask the good community on their thoughts of people opening chests before killing the boss.

I'll start by stating my position: Personally I find it the height of bad manners.

You can tell a lot of time, love and effort went into designing each map in this game. It is pretty obvious that the developers put chests next to bosses as a reward to open AFTER defeating the boss. Almost like a dessert. Defeating the boss is the savoury main course and the chests are a tasty treat to enjoy after.

I just can't get my head around players who (in graveyard for example) rush straight for the chests leaving us a person down to deal with the boss. I doubt at dinner time they refuse to eat their veg and meat and go straight for the ice cream!

I think it's polite to kill the boss first then let everyone open the chests together.

What are your thoughts?

Kaaziii
06-15-2018, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure if I'm the only one annoyed by this, so I thought I would ask the good community on their thoughts of people opening chests before killing the boss.

I'll start by stating my position: Personally I find it the height of bad manners.

You can tell a lot of time, love and effort went into designing each map in this game. It is pretty obvious that the developers put chests next to bosses as a reward to open AFTER defeating the boss. Almost like a dessert. Defeating the boss is the savoury main course and the chests are a tasty treat to enjoy after.

I just can't get my head around players who (in graveyard for example) rush straight for the chests leaving us a person down to deal with the boss. I doubt at dinner time they refuse to eat their veg and meat and go straight for the ice cream!

I think it's polite to kill the boss first then let everyone open the chests together.

What are your thoughts?

I don’t see any inconvenience from the activity you mentioned...consuming 5 secs to open chest is not leaving no one at the boss to fight alone, unless they leave the map after that...but still you also get a share on the gold dropped from it...So i don’t see any harm...
Also we cant just change the world into a better place.... there will be always someone eager to go against order or to break it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macgreaze
06-15-2018, 06:21 PM
It's a minor inconvenience as they are not contributing to killing the boss while opening chests. Especially tricky ones like Arachna that really needs a combined team effort to defeat.

Screenshotz
06-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Anything else that bothers you?

im jeff
06-15-2018, 07:23 PM
Anything else that bothers you?
Yes, people wont give me free 10mil gold.

PostNoob
06-15-2018, 10:03 PM
I've always assumed that these people are doing this because of the boltag(spelling lol?) Chest opening quest(open 50 chests).

I could see how it is frustrating to you but you can always just run with them if you see said person heading to the chests. It does only take 6 seconds or so.

I'm the type that makes it to the chests first(unless the others have ss, half of pubs don't doe) and just runs in circles waiting for the others to open(That's after the boss).

Going to have to toughen your skin a bit my friend, because forums usually aren't going to be sympathetic to small issues like this.

I suggest you make a rogue, don't ask why but I do suggest it for you :).

Drone
06-15-2018, 11:12 PM
Seems like this game gives you more grief than fun brah!!!

Susanne
06-16-2018, 01:21 AM
Sometimes when I'm tapping away at a boss I accidentally open a chest nearby. I'm sure other players have done the same. Do you find fault with everything? I don't know if you're being serious, or maybe you're a member of the Royal family. 🤔

Nohealth
06-16-2018, 02:34 AM
I got great idea!
Let's just change whole game and remove things as mana potions, chests next to boss and whatever else bothers this dude.

BobDehBuilder
06-16-2018, 03:52 AM
I got great idea!
Let's just change whole game and remove things as mana potions, chests next to boss and whatever else bothers this dude.

xD he got issues

Susanne
06-16-2018, 03:52 AM
His posts don't bother me. ( I actually find them amusing at times ). I'm just sad he's seems so unhappy with most things in AL. It does have a lot going for it but if it makes you angry or stressed, best to take a break from it. It's not compulsory to play it. Best not to take it too seriously but if you enjoy complaining then carry on..Whatever floats your boat. ☺️

ebolachan
06-16-2018, 06:42 AM
these threads are cancer
I should know shes my cousin

flexible
06-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Please stop please D':