11-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Here is the action code to have a shot at pink drops
1.Kill all enemies in all rooms.
2. Disarm all bombs
3. Save hostages
4. No One Can Die
5. Save all six barrels in boss fight
6. You have to do it in 10 min
(this is the only part i am not sure on but i know its a time limit)

If you mess up on any of these action codes you will not see pink
Remember to get a legendary item you have to do legendary things
good luck to all

Yurimaru
11-14-2011, 05:41 PM
I believe you may have forgotten to add the part about dancing the jig right before the boss dies, or to bring along a dancing monkey to perform a raindance. :P

Chabone
11-14-2011, 05:45 PM
This game is base on action you do this to get that. There is no random drop in this game it is all base on what we do

drewcapu
11-14-2011, 05:49 PM
7. Anytime the boss dances, you have to dance as well.

Ardon
11-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I believe you may have forgotten to add the part about dancing the jig right before the boss dies, or to bring along a dancing monkey to perform a raindance. :P

You must also sacrifice a vulgar that's exactly 55cm long

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Xaphan Fox
11-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I call shenanigans

JazzBlue
11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
shenanigans actually increases your chance for a pink, but it must be accompanied by roughhousing, debauchery, and general tomfoolerey.

It also must be done in front of a DEV, during a full moon, and on the 5th friday of November.

Barring that, you can always sacrifice small animals to the RNG....

mugen
11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
And everyone has to chant "shanananananana" at the same time !

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

djhotpocket
11-14-2011, 05:56 PM
You must also sacrifice a goat before the run and while the mysterious figures death animation plays all in group must chant "mecka lecka hi mecha hiney ho." :rolleyes:

StompArtist
11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
You cannot wear armor or wield weapons.

bronislav84
11-14-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm sorry but I call bull. Had to be done.

Drops are Entirely Random and there is no way to abuse the RNG because it's all server side.

Chabone
11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
the game is preprogram there is a equation for every drop. Its been 4 days and there has been no pink drops reason is no one has done all the actions codes. Remember guys its a computer program everything has a system to it.

CanonicalKoi
11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
This game is base on action you do this to get that. There is no random drop in this game it is all base on what we do

Sorry, but random drops are random. It's recursive and looks like something that ought to be on a LOLCats poster, but nonetheless, true. :) Even if you did all of the things in your post and a pink magically dropped, another phrase to bear in mind is "correlation does not imply causation". Before the pinks were released, I ran with a PUG. 2 members were thoroughly convinced that someone had to die in Core in order for purples to drop. I told them that drops were random. Nope, every time they'd run and someone died, a purple dropped ergo... Long story short: no one died and 2 purples dropped. I'm terribly afraid that were then convinced that if no one died, 2 purples would always drop, but can't say for sure. :D

And a reminder Chabone: I write code for a living. You can write code for random things to happen. Take a look at random number generators for a perfect example. Or dice rolls in online D&D games. Or how cards are dealt in poker programs. Or (theoretically depending on who you talk to) modern slot machines. Or....

Deathpunch
11-14-2011, 06:11 PM
But there has been pink drops. That pokes a hole in your theory.

http://img.tapatalk.com/42575aee-a0d6-a0ae.jpg

Also, sorry for sideways pic. Not mine. I pulled it from another thread.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Chabone
11-14-2011, 06:12 PM
You guys don't have to believe me. I'm just passing down some info to help.

Chabone
11-14-2011, 06:14 PM
They crack the code i have not been on much today. I did not know there was a pink drop today.
Does anyone know him

Ardon
11-14-2011, 06:19 PM
They crack the code i have not been on much today. I did not know there was a pink drop today.
Does anyone know him

Btw my friend got a pink today. Also the guttersnipe.

It was a normal run, and he didn't have the luck enhancer.
Knowing him, he didn't save the hostages or do many of the things on your list.

CanonicalKoi
11-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Based on what, Chabone? It's not info unless there's something to back it up--it's just another in-game rumor. PL was full of them: if you did such-and-so, pinks would always drop. If you "yelled" "Devs, gimme a pink!", a pink would drop. Repeatability would be a good way to prove it--none of those PL rumors were repeatable and there was no evidence that one pink dropped while someone was trying it. I'm not trying to be jerky here, I just hate seeing more rumors get started--PL was full of them.

Think of it this way--what would be the possible point of making a series of actions *always* result in a pink? You'd flood the market with pinks very, very quickly and one thing the Devs have done an excellent job of is not making pinks common like they are in PL. They are truly "legendary" items.

Chabone
11-14-2011, 06:24 PM
No guy look at the server all day the dev don't have time for that when you making 3 games. There are so many equation per lvl that it will seem random but it's not. It all been program. The programers are very good. The random part is us not the drops. i have been testing this with purple drops

BodMaster
11-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Based on what, Chabone? It's not info unless there's something to back it up--it's just another in-game rumor. PL was full of them: if you did such-and-so, pinks would always drop. If you "yelled" "Devs, gimme a pink!", a pink would drop. Repeatability would be a good way to prove it--none of those PL rumors were repeatable and there was no evidence that one pink dropped while someone was trying it. I'm not trying to be jerky here, I just hate seeing more rumors get started--PL was full of them.

Think of it this way--what would be the possible point of making a series of actions *always* result in a pink? You'd flood the market with pinks very, very quickly and one thing the Devs have done an excellent job of is not making pinks common like they are in PL. They are truly "legendary" items.

PINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Cough*Sig*Cough... Since when did I become sleepy Bod :O

Bakoffmycandy
11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
You forgot to add 2 steps :

1. Strip off all your Gear Right before he Dies and

2. Spin Circles with your character as all 5 people in the group punch him to death

LMAO

Tvis
11-14-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm in a beginning programming class, and even I know how to do a random generator... drops be random

BodMaster
11-14-2011, 07:32 PM

2. Spin Circles with your character as all 5 people in the group punch him to death

LMAO

I want in! Call me when your ready to 'Falcon Punch' that dude back to his home planet :D

Ardon
11-14-2011, 07:35 PM

LMAO

Duuude im so in haha

Chabone
11-14-2011, 07:52 PM
That sounds like a crazy party

BodMaster
11-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Duuude im so in haha

I predict a wipe.. haha but still gotta do that!

Ayc2000
11-14-2011, 08:09 PM
haha, this thread made me lol

Silentarrow
11-14-2011, 08:18 PM
This may prove recourseful to you!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30059-How-Drop-Rates-Work-%28Simplified%29-and-the-Factor-of-Luck-Elixirs

BodMaster
11-14-2011, 08:21 PM
This may prove recourseful to you!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30059-How-Drop-Rates-Work-%28Simplified%29-and-the-Factor-of-Luck-Elixirs

Iv'e read that before, and to think that was his simplified version :p

Phys = Beast!! though he has been hiding the last couple of months, have seen a peep out of him =/

Silentarrow
11-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah, he is one awesome player! I think I'm in the clear to say all of us guide makers look up to him.

XxReiReixX
11-14-2011, 08:36 PM
how would you get xrays in outer limit then?

BodMaster
11-14-2011, 08:41 PM

Elaborate please?

Moogerfooger
11-14-2011, 08:41 PM
It helps get a pink if you run through the level backwards shooting lazerz between your legz backwards. I swear. While reciting the Rime of the Ancient Mariner. In Swahili. While eating chestnuts.

Pewpewpew.

Silentarrow
11-14-2011, 08:46 PM

Most people get them by killing all enemies, opening the first chest then rmking.

Tvis
11-14-2011, 08:58 PM
It helps get a pink if you run through the level backwards shooting lazerz between your legz backwards. I swear. While reciting the Rime of the Ancient Mariner. In Swahili. While eating chestnuts.

Pewpewpew.

Dude!!! I read the Rime of the Ancient Mariner today in English class.... *looks back over shoulder* :D

MimeRifle
11-14-2011, 09:11 PM
shenanigans actually increases your chance for a pink, but it must be accompanied by roughhousing, debauchery, and general tomfoolerey.

It also must be done in front of a DEV, during a full moon, and on the 5th friday of November.

Barring that, you can always sacrifice small animals to the RNG....

LMAO! Thanks Jazz, i needed that! Excellent!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Kahlua
11-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I hope this thread gets locked and removed. It's all garbage.

MimeRifle
11-14-2011, 09:31 PM

Sounds like *somebody's* got a case of the Mondays!

MightyMicah
11-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Chabone may not be right, but i believe part of what he says. I've noticed that with a group pinks drop infinately more than when I solo. When I solo it takes a lot longer. Sure when I solo there's less ppl- only me. However satistically I still don't get as many pinks. Usually I get none :\ Also, when theres level 60's even more pinks drop because we are moving that much faster. Personally I believe getting a good time helps increase pink %. All this information is taken from PL...I realize this is SL, but still. I wouldn't be too quick to shun chabone's theory.

Kahlua
11-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Sounds like *somebody's* got a case of the Mondays!

lol no I've got the case of "I don't want to explain every time I run in a pug that you don't need to disarm every bomb or save the hostages"

MimeRifle
11-14-2011, 09:47 PM
lol no I've got the case of "I don't want to explain every time I run in a pug that you don't need to disarm every bomb or save the hostages"

Ah, yes. I see. Its true... whether you save them or not, the next time you come back... more hostages! Its like throwing the starfish back in the water. Lol.

Slant
11-14-2011, 09:50 PM
uh wow 10 minutes, no one blinked at 10 minutes great you guys all hardcore

CanonicalKoi
11-14-2011, 11:21 PM
PINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Cough*Sig*Cough... Since when did I become sleepy Bod :O

Off-topic: Because you frequently are. Or, at least, you should be. :) And at least I snuck that one by you for a few days before you noticed it. Likely because you were sleepy.... :D

Back on topic: To the OP: It's not like the Devs have to hover around the servers, flipping a switch marked "More Magic" every time the possibility of a drop comes around. Depending on how random you want your RNG, it's a pretty simple subroutine and a lot of computer classes use that as a first bit of programming people learn. Really...no matter how believable someone sounded when they laid out a complex ritual that must be completed in order for pinks to fall (although, the Rime of the Ancient Mariner in Swahili was a nice touch, I prefer declaiming The List of Ships from the Iliad in the original Greek), unless they can show you screenshots, take their "information" with a sizable pinch of salt.

Nightarcher
11-14-2011, 11:50 PM
In order to get a Legendary, you must have not done any damage to the boss whatsoever. However, if by chance you did, you may still receive a pink item as a drop. :)

TsunamiTheClown
11-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Random nunbers should never be left to chance.

Kakatoa91
11-15-2011, 03:16 AM
Ah urban legends...

Mmm...

Btw have been in a pink weapon drop... sorry to say hostages died miserably...
And an Op double mines died lol.

If you want a real chance of a pink...
Try to join me in games...
People have been droping 9 vanities around me and I got myself 2 lol since beginning.
In sloucho didnt farm much but got 1 pink and 3 drop around me.
I m sure it would b the same for these new pinks now.

Want to have a higher chance of pink find me lol...:p

Sassinya
11-15-2011, 03:35 AM
8. Your characters name must not be: Sassinya

ninjaduck
11-15-2011, 03:36 AM
8. Your characters name must not be: Sassinya

9. Or ninjaduck

Fatpigwarrior
11-15-2011, 03:52 AM
I've gotten pinks when dying so I don't believe this...

Xaphan Fox
11-15-2011, 04:12 AM
You must also do a barrel roll to get pinks...

kingatdeath
11-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Correct process is ...jump jump...duck....swim....time travel...finish college.... then ...wait and hope that the drop rate is still -98%

Hullukko
11-15-2011, 04:33 AM
2. Disarm all bombs
3. Save hostages
4. No One Can Die

good luck to all

I got an electrorazer yesterday, but...

1. we didn't kill all enemies
2. we didn't disarm all bombs, few perhaps
3. we didn't save the hostages (nor kill them)
4. I died
5. We didn't save all six barrels in the boss fight
6. Well, this may have happened, or may have not. We had an engineer disconnect around that time, but I can remember if it was that run.

And I most certainly didn't do legendary things, because I'm not that good an op. But what I did do is:

7. Made a few sad attempts at being funny right before the "lets roll"
8. I rebel yelled to one of them scooter looking twin pistoliers
9. I believe I passed some gas right before the hostages
10. I found an easter egg that gave a miss piggy vanity hat. I put it on immediately.
11. One of them Kermits came beckoning me but I told him to sod off.
12. The kermit got angry and stomped me pretty hard.
13. Mysterio flashed at me. Sorry bugger had no idea that there's a hairy old man behind the gorgeous lady toon. Maybe that's why I got the pistol.

So, in overall it was a pretty usual sy5 run. And oh yeah... 14. I got lucky.

Arterra
11-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Chabone may not be right, but i believe part of what he says. I've noticed that with a group pinks drop infinately more than when I solo. When I solo it takes a lot longer. Sure when I solo there's less ppl- only me. However satistically I still don't get as many pinks. Usually I get none :\ Also, when theres level 60's even more pinks drop because we are moving that much faster. Personally I believe getting a good time helps increase pink %. All this information is taken from PL...I realize this is SL, but still. I wouldn't be too quick to shun chabone's theory.

i would think that group = faster clearing = more clears per hour = more chances for your to get pink.

random wins again!

edit, f all fails, try clicking rapidly up-up-right-Lbutton-Start.

Slant
11-15-2011, 04:42 AM
well ill let you know one that actually works, just before the boss dies, disconnect your wifi or find a way to disconnect the internet line from the server. If you time this right, when you come back in, your pack will have a purp and you will be the only one that drops it in the room. Donno why it happens may be a glitch or something.

JazzBlue
11-15-2011, 04:45 AM
I can also confirm that the konami code, and xyzzy (both LONG standing cheat codes for many games in the past) do NOTHING when typed in this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xyzzy

yeah, I know. Showing my age here a little bit... :unconscious:

I'm also down for the naked dance routine runs if someone wants to see a party wipe!

Arterra
11-15-2011, 04:58 AM
you know, TECHNICALLY it might be possible to abuse a RNG system.

The game Fire Emblem has a very, very simple method: a pre-packaged loooong list of numbers, between 0 and 99. there was a way in game to find out if the next number was above or below 49, critical knowledge for stat-boosting and battles.

Now, i would wager that STS' system is NOT just a long list cycling thru the numbers, and might be based on the server time or something. If they are using tiny measurements, then yes it might as well be impossible to replicate results.

Slant
11-15-2011, 05:06 AM
its less than random each char has a seed for drops, your drops throughout the game are predetermined when you make the char, so some ppl will get many vanities (ever notice how people who drop 1 drop 3 as well, and there are others who never ever drop?) but never any recipes, and others will get only recipes but never and weapons, and some people drop only pinks but not anything else, also there is a total quota of drops per player per cap, so you wont drop more than 20 helms/chests/backs no matter how much you play, and probably only 4 items will drop again and again all those 20 times. this locked approach ensures scarcity, so players can never really beat the drops or spam the ah no matter how much they farm.

jkofcumad?

Arterra
11-15-2011, 05:09 AM
its less than random each char has a seed for drops, your drops throughout the game are predetermined when you make the char, so some ppl will get many vanities (ever notice how people who drop 1 drop 3 as well, and there are others who never ever drop?) but never any recipes, and others will get only recipes but never and weapons, and some people drop only pinks but not anything else, also there is a total quota of drops per player per cap, so you wont drop more than 20 helms/chests/backs no matter how much you play, and probably only 4 items will drop again and again all those 20 times

jkofcumad?

Calvinistic approach? ouch.
Quota of pinks per minute? nah. then the heavy farmers/rushers would get them, and would lead towards the imbalance that the random system fixes.

LilMiss
11-15-2011, 05:19 AM
Its called a random code gern there not hard to code and work well with server resets

BodMaster
11-15-2011, 05:20 AM
I'm also down for the naked dance routine runs if someone wants to see a party wipe!

Need one more person :p

Slant
11-15-2011, 05:31 AM
I was joking Arterra, im up for the nekkid run too lol no gunz?

Arterra
11-15-2011, 05:34 AM
lol, last i checked updated the game would take me 4 hours. and that is just the client itself. sorry.

Purist
11-15-2011, 06:17 AM

I'm sorry but you expect us to rely on what source of information?
Your new and have no credible information to back up your claim
Sorry.....big fat fail

BodMaster
11-15-2011, 06:31 AM
There we have it.

Take boss for a run get him down to a reasonable amount of health then.. strip and all falcon punch him to death ;)

Team is..

Downloads
Bod
Ardon (Silent never was lol)
Jazz
Slant

Lets do this :D

MightyMicah
11-15-2011, 06:51 AM
Lol art great theory but what I said was % wise I got more pinks. For instance, one day I play with a slow group and do 10 runs. 2 pinks drop. The next day I do fast runs. I do 10 and this time 4 pinks drop. This system happened continuously for about a month. Im not saying its true because it could just be law of averages. Like 3 per day or whatever...still i think time may affect it.

Ardon
11-15-2011, 06:57 AM
There we have it.

Take boss for a run get him down to a reasonable amount of health then.. strip and all falcon punch him to death ;)

Team is..

Downloads
Bod
Silent
Jazz
Slant

You forgot me lol

JazzBlue
11-15-2011, 09:20 AM
There we have it.

Team is..

Downloads
Bod
Silent
Jazz
Slant

I should be home & online after 7pm EST tonight. I'll start looking for the team then. :boxing:

JazzBlue
11-15-2011, 09:24 AM

Please don't lock & remove it. This thread has more humor in it than I have seen in a while!

Hardcore gamers know the truth of the matter. :encouragement:

Handsofmyvodka
11-15-2011, 10:22 AM
you forgot to add 2 steps :

1. Strip off all your gear right before he dies and

2. Spin circles with your character as all 5 people in the group punch him to death

lmao

i want in! Call me when your ready to 'falcon punch' that dude back to his home planet :dfalcoooonnnnnnn punchhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handsofmyvodka
11-15-2011, 10:23 AM
2. Disarm all bombs
3. Save hostages
4. No One Can Die

good luck to all

I got an electrorazer yesterday, but...

1. we didn't kill all enemies
2. we didn't disarm all bombs, few perhaps
3. we didn't save the hostages (nor kill them)
4. I died
5. We didn't save all six barrels in the boss fight
6. Well, this may have happened, or may have not. We had an engineer disconnect around that time, but I can remember if it was that run.

And I most certainly didn't do legendary things, because I'm not that good an op. But what I did do is:

7. Made a few sad attempts at being funny right before the "lets roll"
8. I rebel yelled to one of them scooter looking twin pistoliers
9. I believe I passed some gas right before the hostages
10. I found an easter egg that gave a miss piggy vanity hat. I put it on immediately.
11. One of them Kermits came beckoning me but I told him to sod off.
12. The kermit got angry and stomped me pretty hard.
13. Mysterio flashed at me. Sorry bugger had no idea that there's a hairy old man behind the gorgeous lady toon. Maybe that's why I got the pistol.

So, in overall it was a pretty usual sy5 run. And oh yeah... 14. I got lucky.lol muppets ftw

Acyer
11-15-2011, 10:52 AM
2. Disarm all bombs
3. Save hostages
4. No One Can Die

good luck to all

Lolz this is totally not right at all. Its all about luck plain and simple.

BodMaster
11-15-2011, 11:11 AM
You forgot me lol

Whooops I mistaken you for someone else :O (updated list :p)

bronislav84
11-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow this thread is still ongoing?

Let me reiterate: Random drops.

Chabone
11-15-2011, 12:01 PM
If it is random why is there no purple drops in storage boxes on stage 1 and 2 of Shipyard?
Just asking?

Chabone
11-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Nobody knows if I'm right or wrong until you test it 5x.
Also does anyone know how many people got the new guns?

Ellyidol
11-15-2011, 12:23 PM

I'm pretty sure bosses have been killed thousands of times. Chests opened thousands of times. Loot received thousands of times. Within these thousands of times, I'm also sure that a good or rare drop was in them. Finally, within these times, I'm also pretty sure that they didn't contain your method at all or the exact same way. These thousand times are all unique and will almost never be repeated to the mili-action, which means that only randomness dictates loot.

Chabone
11-15-2011, 12:30 PM
That is my whole point the stage is always the same it is what we do.
x+y=z
x is the stage +y is you=random drops
It doesn't matter right now I need xp bad.
bit this has been a great and funny discussion

Ardon
11-15-2011, 12:30 PM

High lvl epics dont drop on 1 & 2 because the devs programmed it so they wont. What's the point of doing 3-5 if all the good epics drop on 1&2.

Why should we test this if you haven't done so yourself?
Once you test this and show you got a pink each and every run, we will take this seriously.

You have failed to show any substantial evidence that this is repeatable. Thus, showing that this is just another rumor that doesn't work.

Chabone
11-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Its call a hypothesis
A educated guess that need to be tested to become fact.
My crew is working on it.

Ellyidol
11-15-2011, 12:40 PM
That is my whole point the stage is always the same it is what we do.
x+y=z
x is the stage +y is you=random drops
It doesn't matter right now I need xp bad.
bit this has been a great and funny discussion

I don't get it, how can you say something random has an equation? The definition of random is that it has no correlation to anything before or after it. It's like saying 3533 + 1453 = infinity.

The only real way to prove your method is statistically. But since there's almost no possible way to validate only these actions as correlated to the drop rates, then it's theoretically impossible to measure.

I'll bite on your method and say that since those actions are as potent as any towards affecting the drop rate, I can say that walking a fixed 10,000 steps per level and firing your weapon 500 times yields a pink every time. It's literally impossible to do every run identically to any past or future run.

Its call a hypothesis

I really hope that your at least taking in that 99% of the responses have said that it's random.

Elsewhere, I could think that this thread was made to troll on drop rates.

Chabone
11-15-2011, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to throw it out there. At the end of the day its all random. We do random things we get random drops.
Here is one Fact we all love this game and I cant wait for PVP my Com take over the planet

Ellyidol
11-15-2011, 01:12 PM
At the end of the day its all random.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NzI16Bl1GLc/TmoIZwgd7oI/AAAAAAAAAPA/YzN8s00_wIM/s400/jackie-chan-meme.png

Chabone
11-15-2011, 01:14 PM
lol

Chabone
11-15-2011, 01:20 PM
@ Ellyidol would you happen to know what is the com last skill and what lvl you get it. and What skills does your com have

BodMaster
11-15-2011, 01:23 PM
@ Ellyidol would you happen to know what is the com last skill and what lvl you get it. and What skills does your com have

Now thats a troll post if I've ever saw one...

Chabone
11-15-2011, 01:41 PM
What is a troll post I am new to the forums

CanonicalKoi
11-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Need one more person :p

I am so there, but I have to keep the devil horns on. You understand.

JazzBlue
11-15-2011, 02:43 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NzI16Bl1GLc/TmoIZwgd7oI/AAAAAAAAAPA/YzN8s00_wIM/s400/jackie-chan-meme.png

My EXACT though before scrolling down and seeing your picture.

There's a textbook definition of "backpedal" in there somewhere....

Chabone
11-15-2011, 03:05 PM
i will have to concede to defeat until I come back with evidence. To support my theory. But you guys are very funny
I have not laugh this much on a forum in a long time.

BodMaster
11-15-2011, 06:17 PM

Now thats a troll post if I've ever saw one...

What is a troll post I am new to the forums

Wow you were serious? Lol.. there is no last skill yet.. still not here at 36 in all classes. Thought you must be playing about hence the trolling post phrase.

ProSophist
11-15-2011, 06:19 PM
As long as you kill the boss, then yes, everybody in the party has a chance of getting a pink.

thequickone
11-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Random drop is random. :rolleyes:

... ... ... ... Sorry, couldn't help it! :p

In all seriousness, there are some things to learn in this thread. I am sure what I am about to say is possibly an over simplification, and likely has already been discussed in a guide or four (yes, Phys = beast). Anyway, here goes.

*Disclaimer/Caution/Warning/Danger: What you are about to read is the result of pure speculation. I am not presuming to know exactly how STS has coded the loot system.*

Anyone familiar with table-top role playing games will understand the following concept right away. The rest of you, please bear with me. You will find people on the forums and even the game itself describing the process of receiving loot as "rolling". There is a very good reason for this. The process of receiving loot is very similar to a decision dictated by rolling a die. For example, let's assume the rarities of loot correspond to a six-sided die (a "D6"). If so, the following could be true:

1=Trash (gray)
2=Common (white)
3=Uncommon (orange)
4=Rare (green)
5=Epic (purple)
6=Legendary (pink)

Basically, when you open a chest or defeat selected mobs or a boss, a die would roll. Depending on the result of the roll, the corresponding loot rarity would be rewarded. Keep in mind; however, you will not always be allowed to roll a D6. In some cases, such as low-risk maps, most chests, mobs, etc. you may only be allowed to roll a four-sided die (a "D4"). This would explain why some maps/chests/etc. never give purples or pinks (excluding crafting item chests). Once your rarity roll has been determined, another die roll would decide the exact loot assigned of the selected rarity. The total number on that die could be quite large, depending on the source of the loot and the map being played/character's level/position of the moon in the sky/whether a dev is at the "award pink" button or not. OK, maybe not those last two... ;) You get the point!

Now, obviously real dice are not being used to determine drops. But let me ask you this; If the devs have created such a magnificent and in-depth game for us, do you think they would have any trouble at all writing a few lines of code to simulate rolling a die? I think not! I give you your RNG! :D

And again...

Random drop is random. :rolleyes:

Silentarrow
11-15-2011, 07:47 PM
There we have it.

Team is..

Downloads
Bod
Ardon (Silent never was lol)
Jazz
Slant

I never was what? :)

Oh... Sorry, I stopped looking at this thread ;).

Ebalere
11-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Just for fun, I did this 5 times, exactly as you said. Guess what?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-35gL00szqfE/TWL8FSmVngI/AAAAAAAAANI/yEpQMyc7rdU/s1600/NoPinkElephant.jpg

Elf-Orc-Naga
11-16-2011, 05:47 PM
You cannot wear armor or wield weapons.

Rofl. To add everybody should be gearless hehehe

Elf-Orc-Naga
11-16-2011, 05:49 PM
2. Disarm all bombs
3. Save hostages
4. No One Can Die

good luck to all

This makes sense! Death means losing chance of getting pink , in addition the more players run the same map the more chance you get the item

CanonicalKoi
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Rofl. To add everybody should be gearless hehehe

Hmmm....still had my weapon and shield and no luck enhancer and got a purple. Next time....

Bladebreaker
11-17-2011, 03:02 AM
PL pink drops are different than SL drops in rarity. Getting a Pink from MF is like performing a speech while getting dental work done. Extremely hard to do but a lucky few (4) can manage it.

Hullukko
11-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Its call a hypothesis

And it was. I got a pink failing every one of your "requirements". And I really did, the rest of my prior comment was of course a joke.

As for the hypothesis, well "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence".

Otherwise anyone could ride a high horse claiming silly things like "There's a rare chance of seeing a pink unicorn prance about in the sy2 green house. That's called a hypothesis. Go disprove it."

Corpser
11-17-2011, 04:06 AM
just let this thread full of false information die!!!!!!!!!!! :ghost:

Slant
11-17-2011, 04:54 AM
lol... started putting no geared loadout just before boss, and now seeing other people do this in the game too, in one boss run Ardon took off his clothes and went "falcon punch" just in time for the boss haha this is funny... you guys doing it every boss run right?

Mitchturbo
11-17-2011, 05:12 AM
This game promotes the saying, monkey sees monkey do...

You make one rumor up and it becomes a rule/fact.

:-) lol

SuperNas
11-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Well All I know is when ever I get lucky on a pink drop ima wear it proud! :)

Ardon
11-17-2011, 08:39 AM
lol... started putting no geared loadout just before boss, and now seeing other people do this in the game too, in one boss run Ardon took off his clothes and went "falcon punch" just in time for the boss haha this is funny... you guys doing it every boss run right?

Lol I have a quick chat ready for the boss.

"GO NAKED FOR PINKS!!"
"FALCCOON PUNCH! ""

Hopefully i get a pink like this and the naked for pink rumor starts haha

Chabone
11-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Let get to the real reason why there are very little pink drops.
1. The Dev needed something for the lvl 36 people to do while they work on the New Game.
2.They have put a code in to tighten up the drop (this can be done on slot machine also just a fyi)
3. It time for us to pay for all this free stuff that why the Lucky Enhancer came out at the same time as the pink drops
4. if you get a pink drop go play the lottery because it your lucky day there is a pink drop 1 out of 1000 stage 5 runs a day get a pink drop

Handsofmyvodka
11-17-2011, 09:51 AM
lol... Started putting no geared loadout just before boss, and now seeing other people do this in the game too, in one boss run ardon took off his clothes and went "falcon punch" just in time for the boss haha this is funny... You guys doing it every boss run right?falcon punch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lightning899
11-17-2011, 10:03 AM
LOL epic discussion.

Chabone
11-17-2011, 10:10 AM
We need to go for a 1000 post

roguedubb
11-17-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm still a bit confused, could someone explain drop mechanics again?

ArtStar
11-18-2011, 01:01 AM
ahahahahhahahah, this is pretty funny.
the replies, and I didn't even read all of them.
xD

Xscoopx
11-18-2011, 01:05 AM
You must offer a sacrifice of a litter of adorwable puppies and kittens

Nightarcher
11-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Hmm, this thread is still alive and gowing. I smell a cult.

Skeletonlord
11-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Great action code!

PablobobChan
11-18-2011, 01:55 AM
Been reading this for like 15 mins now. Seriously amused. XD

ArtStar
11-18-2011, 03:36 AM
You must breed wildabeasts on top Mt. Kamehameha, and run naked through twelve Mc Donalds before you'll see a pink.

Slant
11-18-2011, 03:40 AM
LOL epic discussion.
legend-ary

to get a legendary item you have to do legendary things
Thats my battlecry while going at the boss... kind of like it a lot lol, t is in caps and ! in the end tho

Xscoopx
11-18-2011, 03:51 AM
The easiest way to get a pink is to start really hard at a piece of hot pink paper, than look at a common or trash item

Barrington
11-18-2011, 03:56 AM
its funny how someone whos joined the forums only this month is claiming to have knowledge of all the game mechanics

Lady_Pebbles
11-18-2011, 04:02 PM
You must breed wildabeasts on top Mt. Kamehameha, and run naked through twelve Mc Donalds before you'll see a pink.
I'd rather they call upon the Masters of The Universe to summon the Transformers while yelling "kamehameha" and fusing with Voltron while saying "fusiiiiiiiiiion...". Then wait until ChiChi pops out to give them a can of Whoop Arse just before handling over the pink.

lmao XD
Thread is epicly hilarious.

BodMaster
11-18-2011, 04:15 PM
I'd rather they call upon the Masters of The Universe to summon the Transformers while yelling "kamehameha" and fusing with Voltron while saying "fusiiiiiiiiiion...". Then wait until ChiChi pops out to give them a can of Whoop Arse just before handling over the pink.

lmao XD

Lmao!

Thielz11
11-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Couldn't make it through all six pages so if this is rehashed info I apologize....

Have seen two pinks drop. Both were the electrorazor, and the first time we did not attempt to save hostages (no save nor a failed save) and one barrel got exploded.

The second time we failed the hostages and i believe one or two barrels were popped.

Therefore we MUST conclude that in order to get a PINK you need to POP A BARREL or two...hmm faulty thread logic is faulty

Lady_Pebbles
11-18-2011, 05:01 PM

lmao XD

Lmao!
Ya know ya love me! XD
The info the OPer gave isn't sounding as much fun as seeing all that done lol.

Slant
11-26-2011, 01:38 PM
hmm new bunch of superstitions heard haha
For OP helm, back, vest and Blade fins do the map without ops
For engie gear and weaps do the map without engies
For Mando gear and weaps do the map without mandos

Chabone
12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
I got a pink my theory was very off. My new theory work better and has been tested.

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I got a pink my theory was very off. My new theory work better and has been tested.

Lmao!

And can we hear this new theory please? ;)

Chabone
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Playing The Odds. Buy a 30 min Luck enhancer. Have friends to call you when the boss is half way dead . This will give you 5 tries in 30 min it take 2 minutes and 30 sec to make it to the boss when entering that stage

Chabone
12-01-2011, 12:56 PM
or use your free enhancer

Ardon
12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Playing the odds isnt a theory lol
Its what everyone has been doing. Why? Because its random.

Chabone
12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Theory is 25% re roll means every 4 tries ad a extra try odds are in your favor

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Theory is 25% re roll means every 4 tries ad a extra try odds are in your favor

No. The odds do not add up. if you use a binomial probability distribution you would obtain odds of 53.83288679185887% for 4 tries. :D