PDA

View Full Version : Tip For Defeating Aunt Emma

Swimmingstar
11-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Either solo or put 2 people in at once. and also remember to stay away from the blue fire.

WoundedEagle
11-14-2011, 05:55 PM
No, just wall-hug

Swimmingstar
11-14-2011, 06:01 PM
that blue fire is long range!

NECROREAPER
11-14-2011, 06:50 PM
So bear is useless..... Great...

Swimmingstar
11-14-2011, 09:19 PM

Don't think so...

ghost.mw
11-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh yes bears are useless ,and she is so hard

KTpantyhose
11-14-2011, 09:55 PM
mage is completely useless once again.. i thought overlord was going to be the most annoying boss here.. no wonder they made her the steel giver. grrr.

Ellyidol
11-14-2011, 09:57 PM

Same with last boss.

Melee is only good for pre-boss fights now.

KingFu
11-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Same with last boss.

Melee is only good for pre-boss fights now.

I feel 100% useless with my bear. Mobs dodge nearly all my beckons. Was their dodge beefed up big time? Or was I just lagging/not noticing?

Ellyidol
11-14-2011, 10:02 PM
I feel 100% useless with my bear. Mobs dodge nearly all my beckons. Was their dodge beefed up big time? Or was I just lagging/not noticing?

Nope, fully agree there. I thought it was just my gear/stat Hit % that was low, but sitting at 105 Hit % for a bear seems plenty to me. CC-ing is still highly effective, the overall effectiveness of a bear has declined though.

Bunnyshoota
11-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Lol. (laughing cuz I recently just saw a couple of pure str bears)

Otukura
11-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Lol. (laughing cuz I recently just saw a couple of pure str bears)

If they can't do anything anyway, better not to die :D

NECROREAPER
11-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I feel like (as a bear) that the maps themselves don't do much to aid us bears in CC anyway, as the mobs are so spread apart and if there is a nice bunch in a room, theres pillars and junk in the way to block the beckon. The devs might say this'll add challenge to the game, but the real challenge would be to even beckon them at all as their dodge is so high, let alone trying to CC them effectively.

Weak_Sauce
11-14-2011, 11:41 PM
No, just wall-hug

I do that and also kite constantly along the back wall and I haven't died yet (and I've played her many times)

Wolverinei
03-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Aunt Emma is the easiest boss from them all if you asked me how, well first of all why would she be in first floor. Its simple, the trick is! when her light waves stop, that’s when you back away to the wall or else you might die if you are not a warrior with strong defense. This might be hard to see on a phone but with Google chrome full screen it is clear. She throws dark and light blue waves, dark blue short wave is the one you want to watch out from. When you see that she hasn’t thrown a light blue wave for the past 3 seconds back away to the wall. Best way to do this is 5 archers or 5 mages but archers will need some health potions, 25hp should do it. Anyways you guys should get some ideas from this hope this was helpful.

Appleisaac
03-08-2012, 07:00 AM
Aunt Emma is the easiest boss from them all if you asked me how, well first of all why would she be in first floor. Its simple, the trick is! when her light waves stop, that’s when you back away to the wall or else you might die if you are not a warrior with strong defense. This might be hard to see on a phone but with Google chrome full screen it is clear. She throws dark and light blue waves, dark blue short wave is the one you want to watch out from. When you see that she hasn’t thrown a light blue wave for the past 3 seconds back away to the wall. Best way to do this is 5 archers or 5 mages but archers will need some health potions, 25hp should do it. Anyways you guys should get some ideas from this hope this was helpful.

This thread was made a while ago before sts "nerfed" (weakened) Emma. She used to be a very hard boss to beat ;), buy now she is simple.

flinewoo
03-08-2012, 07:01 AM
First, everybody close to her and attack!!!

You need not to see emma's havior to know when she use short-range wave.
Just focus on long-range wave.
It is not hard to see.
She use long-range wave about 1per/sec.
She use this skill continuously 5~7 times.
When the long-range wave not apear on time, you should go far away from her.
That's so easy :)

dudetus
03-08-2012, 07:13 AM
The hardest part of Emma was her bug (which we didn't realize at the beginning) which completely healed herself totally random. Nowadays Emma is just a boss amongst the others :)

aquaveridian
03-08-2012, 08:29 AM
==Aunt Emma's recipe==
Aunt emma loves to bake
She makes 7 pancakes
and one blueberry cupcake
stand in the middle of those pancakes
but run back before she throw u the cupcake
you will survive...
{^_^}

adidaman
03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
And yet, nobody realized this was necroed. Here's to our future generation!

Reaganite
03-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Good strategy. I usually stand back until her killer wave goes out, rush in and pound her with everything I've got then rush back out to a wall after about 5 seconds or so before the next killer wave is released. Do that sequence enough, and she can be defeated quite easily.

Swords
03-08-2012, 09:28 AM
when blue fire comes, i spam red pots

blatta
03-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Another one on timing in situations where is hard to see if she is preparing her stronger attack: You should be able to cast 14/15 spells on her between her attacks. Just cast as fast as possible and you have your timing.

dudetus
03-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Another good strategy is besides avoiding taking damage and dying is that u can use autoattack and some skills so Emma dies! :)

Swimmingstar
03-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Easy now, just get in range for all attacks and when boss stops doing blue waves for a while, run to corner of wall. This means she will do the super blow and it's hard to survive it.

Appleisaac
03-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Devs, y u no lock this pointless thread!?!

Zomvbot
03-02-2014, 08:25 AM
OMG use this:invite 2 persons and that makes 3 ppl.now make it mage,bear,and archer.let the bear distract aunt Emma.the Mage heals the bear while the archer stands in the corner.shooting freely without taking damage.
If you invite lvl 76 ppl,it would be better.
Thats all

Xyzther
03-02-2014, 01:29 PM
OMG use this:invite 2 persons and that makes 3 ppl.now make it mage,bear,and archer.let the bear distract aunt Emma.the Mage heals the bear while the archer stands in the corner.shooting freely without taking damage.
If you invite lvl 76 ppl,it would be better.
Thats all

Lol

Rolocolo
03-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Samhayne

Laar
03-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Samhayne
This again?

Xyzther
03-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Spamhayne

Pls no spamming on forums, Thank you :)

Crys
03-03-2014, 02:34 AM
Ask xyzther for tips, he's pro at these kind of things.

Nekza
03-03-2014, 01:06 PM
2 years necro lol

Suentous PO
03-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Lol
You should listen to this guy, he might be smarter than you.
\/ \/

Xyzther
03-04-2014, 07:36 AM

You can't tell me what to do

Chopper
03-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Maybe this should be updated to address the tough Aunt Emma in Red Dragon Lair?
Something actually useful for this old thread? :)

- the mages that surround her are tough, so draw them away first and kill them separately otherwise Emma will finish you off fast.

- dont stand in the direction between Aunt Emma and the start of the map. When she hits you, you will be pushed back so far down that corridor, you will be out of the fight and heal range. You will have to respawn and walk back.

- However, dont be afraid to respawn if the mages are out of range. It's not that long of a walk and you dont want to expose your mages to walking across Emma's "kill zone";

- similar strategy as Vampire Emma of trying to avoid her main attack, but there are no corners to hide in. Just try to keep the closest edge to your back do you dont get pushed too far.

- also, she is not necessary to get to the Red Dragon, but she does sometimes drops pinks and she guards the hole to the Elite Onyx Level so you will see Lvl 76s fight her a lot.

Swimmingstar
03-09-2014, 09:12 PM
2-3 year old thread... please...

Xyzther
03-09-2014, 09:32 PM
2-3 year old thread... please...

But you decided to bump it back up again

Rolocolo
03-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Xyzhayne

Xyzther
03-09-2014, 10:06 PM