PDA

View Full Version : Boss for third floor of Fang is ridiculous.

WoundedEagle
11-14-2011, 05:58 PM
The boss on the third floor is ridiculous. Our mage spawned off platinum 10 times at least to save us and we couldn't do anything. This bosses damaged needs to be lessened!

-we

Xazic
11-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Dammit i cannot download the update. Cuz its not there!

WoundedEagle
11-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Its just a patch.

Ixillicus
11-14-2011, 06:05 PM
The boss on the third floor is ridiculous. Our mage spawned off platinum 10 times at least to save us and we couldn't do anything. This bosses damaged needs to be lessened!

-we

Fought him. He will kill you if you let him pull you in and attack. I was able to survive and keep reving though. Doesn't seem too bad.

Samhayne
11-14-2011, 07:11 PM
It's just a couple of hours since the update went out. Go level up, gear up, then take him one. What do you want, for him to fall over and give up his pinks to anyone who stops by? :D

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEMmdiPP568HgtnBT_BOwekRvCPhUUF fhVLZzPcT7RR5e76WmM

Whirlzap
11-14-2011, 07:13 PM
I want that oh so much.
Say Sam, when are those "promised" (hehe) screen-clear/ultra skills going to be introduced?=D

Moogerfooger
11-14-2011, 08:38 PM
It's just a couple of hours since the update went out. Go level up, gear up, then take him one. What do you want, for him to fall over and give up his pinks to anyone who stops by? :D

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEMmdiPP568HgtnBT_BOwekRvCPhUUF fhVLZzPcT7RR5e76WmM

LOLz.

Fyrce
11-14-2011, 08:54 PM
He is really tough. We got close, but we prob needed another mage. Bear, 3 birds and mage almost had him...
Gonna go level up and try again!

Yay. L62 and only mage again. He dead! :)

Paar
11-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Lol Sam But I think he's A bit difficult But If any boss Is Its My Aunt Emma! She's A Bawss!!!

kingatdeath
11-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Use the hallways ;)

javier995
11-14-2011, 10:26 PM

Lmao! Help WE kill him then ! Lol
You make it sound so easy, question what's that bosses health?

Nick41324
11-14-2011, 10:41 PM

-we
Have flip and his godly stats help you xD

KTpantyhose
11-15-2011, 12:45 AM
The only one I found difficult was Aunt Emma. Took her down with two mages both on 7k elixirs. 2 birds. & 1 bear. Move in circular motions. Pretty much just use everything you got. Mages make sure you keep healing and reviving.

Fyrce
11-15-2011, 02:24 AM
I find Aunt Emma easiest when mage(s) stay against a wall, preferably near one another. This includes in doorway. Others stay in rev/heal range, preferably in "wedge" towards Auntie or against wall right next to mage(s). Safest is to have at least one elixired mage, though I found as I leveled up, I survive her attacks better.

Easiest does not mean easy. She is definitely difficult.

Update: after tons of Emma, she's easy, BUT elixirs might still be required. Or at least mage needs to not be hit by the ghost things if the mage is not elixired OR time the mana shield. Birds work really well here. Hug wall, stand in one place and hit Emma. If you have close-up skills, watch Emma's ghosts and after she "ghosts", run up, do your skills, run back out. Running close is risky, but is useful for using close-up skills. My elixired formerly L58 bird had no problems here. Together with another bird, you don't even need a full team or a mage.

Revised: Actually elixirs are not required. Just did her a few times w/ non-elixired group. My bird, L61, was elixired, but no one else was. We also had no mage. Just birds and bears standing against wall near door and shooting at her. Once in awhile, timing w/ her ghosts, I'd run in to scream at her (think you can get off 2-3 skills) just for good measure. Hit hp pots if you need to. Also, we 1st approach her, you have a tiny bit of time to run up and spam some skills at close range.

NECROREAPER
11-15-2011, 02:30 AM
So essentially this is a boss where were screwed until were strong enough to skill spam the crap out of her?

o.O

Skeletonlord
11-15-2011, 02:44 AM
I haven't got to this level yet so I dont know.

Fatpigwarrior
11-15-2011, 02:48 AM
I haven't got to this level yet so I dont know.

Not trying to troll or flame but this posted was not nessecesary...

NECROREAPER
11-15-2011, 02:55 AM
He's been doing that a lot lately, i've learned to just ignore it by now after the hundreds of similar posts like this.

Yvonnel
11-15-2011, 08:59 AM
He's been doing that a lot lately, i've learned to just ignore it by now after the hundreds of similar posts like this.

Yep post spamming!

The only boss I have an issue with is Count Vlod. I get at least 1 death every time I go there.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Conradin
11-15-2011, 09:17 AM
I really hope thats they dont nerf anything- the harder the better!

Dalinuel
11-15-2011, 09:32 AM
I like the way it is, more of a challenge and will keep everyone playing

Kakatoa91
11-15-2011, 09:38 AM
The difficulty is all right I guess.
No need to lower it.

People need to lvl a bit and/or teamwork well.

At least its challenging :)

Treenire
11-15-2011, 12:18 PM
To be honest, i like the difficulty. If u dont work as a team, you die. Simple as that. Ive done emma a fair few times now and have been successful BUT only because we worked together (which, isnt that what pl is about?).

Found if everyone stands in one spot the group tends to survive =]

Moogerfooger
11-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Yep post spamming!

The only boss I have an issue with is Count Vlod. I get at least 1 death every time I go there.

Chant helped me out there....I have done him the last three times with no deaths. Basically, he has some sort of Beckon/debuff attack where the Count pulls you in....and you will get one-hit KOd even with a 4x about 4 secs later. However....Chant told me to back/run away from him the instant his Beckon releases you, as it "SEEMS" (just seems, no proof yet) that his one-hit power attack has some sort of radius. I would immediately back/run from him as soon as the Beckon attack was over, and then I kited with an Autobow like a fool. He followed me around, probably because of my elixir...so not sure what it would be like without one. Get a bird to kite the heck out of him, and the other party members just had to deal with chasing him chasing me, and running themselves if they got caught by his Beckon...but if I recall, that first run where Chant told me that (she gets credit), I think only one teammate died because they didn't back up from the Beckon fast enough, and the next two times we all made it out with no deaths.

Now, not sure if this would work with no elixirs. Just a starting "maybe" point.

Yvonnel
11-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Chant helped me out there....I have done him the last three times with no deaths. Basically, he has some sort of Beckon/debuff attack where the Count pulls you in....and you will get one-hit KOd even with a 4x about 4 secs later. However....Chant told me to back/run away from him the instant his Beckon releases you, as it "SEEMS" (just seems, no proof yet) that his one-hit power attack has some sort of radius. I would immediately back/run from him as soon as the Beckon attack was over, and then I kited with an Autobow like a fool. He followed me around, probably because of my elixir...so not sure what it would be like without one. Get a bird to kite the heck out of him, and the other party members just had to deal with chasing him chasing me, and running themselves if they got caught by his Beckon...but if I recall, that first run where Chant told me that (she gets credit), I think only one teammate died because they didn't back up from the Beckon fast enough, and the next two times we all made it out with no deaths.

Now, not sure if this would work with no elixirs. Just a starting "maybe" point.

Thanks Moog! I'll give it a try!

Fyrce
11-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Running from Vlod the second you can after his beckon definitely works. But it's not a sure thing. I've run away, far away and still been clobbered. However, knowing this, I haven't seen a group wipe or even a mostly group wipe. Just run when he tries to pull you in and everyone kite and spread out. OTOH, I'm not sure you can do him w/o one mage. However, you can definitely do him with just one mage, if the mage knows to stay away from him.

Elixir_Withdrawal
11-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Well duh is hard, you yourself just said u spend a few plat just to beat him right? That pocket legends business! Emma as well...

JSL
11-15-2011, 05:28 PM
So, there is a strategy to make this fight easy. Trivial, even.

Try searching for different strategies and try to think outside of the box.

I've done this fight several times already and even solo'd her on both a bear and a bird, both level 63, with "ok" items.

Survivorfan
11-15-2011, 05:31 PM

I've done this fight several times already and even solo'd her on both a bear and a bird, both level 63, with "ok" items.

It depends whose character you were on,
If it is Flip's then that's a different story, his stats are amazing.

javier995
11-15-2011, 05:37 PM

Using what kinds of stats? Dev stats or regular player stats?

Flip
11-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I witnessed him do this, all legitimate gear and stats. It was pretty epic! JSL gets a ninja-cookie today.

JSL
11-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Using what kinds of stats? Dev stats or regular player stats?

This was a regular, non dev character of mine, hence "ok" items.

My statistics are not any more than any other player at level 63.

I wouldn't assert that the boss has a strategy or was easy after playing it on a dev character that can one or two shot her. ;)

Reaganite
11-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Agree with you, Conradin!

-BOOTYSTOMPER

Moogerfooger
11-15-2011, 06:47 PM

I've managed to solo him twice with lvl 60 gear after fast initial party wipes. Kiting like a B, backing up form his Beckon, avoiding the smoke cloud that seems to be around as best I can (although I've no idea if it means anything yet), and slamming pots. Not really outside the box, eh? :rolleyes:

But your mysterious "trivial" statement has got me interested :D

Otukura
11-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I've managed to solo him twice with lvl 60 gear after fast initial party wipes. Kiting like a B, backing up form his Beckon, avoiding the smoke cloud that seems to be around as best I can (although I've no idea if it means anything yet), and slamming pots. Not really outside the box, eh? :rolleyes:

But your mysterious "trivial" statement has got me interested :D

I suggest doing a little raindance before engaging, it might just be that easy.

Phoenixking
11-15-2011, 07:11 PM
I noticed that vlod has bats sorounding him when he beckons i also notice poeple have bleed on them as if it was the proc it made and causes it to lower your health it also leaves me with a quarter of health

Moogerfooger
11-15-2011, 07:48 PM
I noticed that vlod has bats sorounding him when he beckons i also notice poeple have bleed on them as if it was the proc it made and causes it to lower your health it also leaves me with a quarter of health

Yeah, the bats are near the smoke cloud I see around the time he beckons. i wonder if they are briefly target-able?

saool
11-16-2011, 05:34 AM

I may be wrong, and more than likely am. But I think avoiding them faces she throws at you avoids you a death lol.

Haowesie
11-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure if people already know as I've seen a lot of people always rush in...

The mages that surround Vlod can be lured away, dealt with and killed before boss. With a long range weapon (e.g. bird with xbow), stand at the door, shoot at one of the mages. All four of them (or was it five?) will then come to you at the door -- the party can then deal with them. Vlod will stay where he is unless your party rushes in the room.

With a full elixir'd party, then it doesn't really matter... But I prefer to deal with boss without having to worry about mob hitting on me. Hope this helps.

Arod8ball
11-16-2011, 05:59 PM
the secret is, you give him your blood or your someone else. You both become friends and enter the 4th floor hand in hand.

this boss is great.