PDA

View Full Version : I need helpful advice:(

Epic Unicorns!
11-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Today I was in my first accident. Me and my dad were in the car. I was driving, and my dad was on the passenger's side. I turned at a green light, and an SUV plowed into the passengers side. I hit my head and got a gash on my head and arms from the glass, but my dad was pinned in and got a chunk taken out of his arm. We will be OK, but I'm hurting and traumatized from the accident. It wasn't my fault, so I shouldn't be worried. My car is totaled, and I don't know what I'm gonna do. I would like to know if anyone has any advice or resources to help me get over this experience. Thank you:'(

MightyMicah
11-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Pray and ask God to help you. That's what I would do. :) I'll be praying for you and your dad as well.

WoundedEagle
11-14-2011, 09:48 PM
My condolences, PM me if you need me :( If there is any possible way I can help, I will give it my all. Give your father my wishes and rest well. I will be praying,

god bless,

-we

javier995
11-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Exactly what was said above, I offer. Also don't be worried, everything will be fine. It wasn't your fault, you turned on a protected turn( I assume it was the green arrow to turn). You won't be at fault for the accident since its a protected turn, and you have the right-of-way. I hope for the best, get well soon!

- Javier M.

Lowlyspy
11-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Ah EPIIIII, thank god ur okay buddy! Exactly what my buddies javi and woundy said above, feel free to pm if u need an ear.

SilentCat
11-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Happy to ear you're OK. Like they said, prey GOD. He's the ONE buddy.

Ebalere
11-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Today I was in my first accident. Me and my dad were in the car. I was driving, and my dad was on the passenger's side. I turned at a green light, and an SUV plowed into the passengers side. I hit my head and got a gash on my head and arms from the glass, but my dad was pinned in and got a chunk taken out of his arm. We will be OK, but I'm hurting and traumatized from the accident. It wasn't my fault, so I shouldn't be worried. My car is totaled, and I don't know what I'm gonna do. I would like to know if anyone has any advice or resources to help me get over this experience. Thank you:'(

This happened to me before except someone turned left in front of me on a yellow light thinking I would stop. Unfortunately I didn't, and me and my Dad (yes, was with my dad too) recieved minor injuries. The person I hit, not so lucky. The female passenger was pinned, and the driver was fine, and angry at me. It wasn't my fault tho, as u never turn in front of someone before they come to a stop, and it was too icy for me to jam the brakes on a yellow light. I was shook for a few days, but got over it soon enough. Hope the same happens for you buddy!

StompArtist
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
I would take it easy and be grateful no one died... cars are just stuff and stuff can be replaced.

If you still feel overly shaken/traumatized after a few days you could try and seek counselling but at this point it is perfectly normal (and healthy) to feel the way you do.

SilentCat
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
But you have your community, and your friends here ! For you :) .
So if you feel stressed, we are here to talk with you or help you to feel better :) !

- cat