PDA

View Full Version : have to ask abt this

alxe
07-03-2018, 08:06 AM
hey,so not sure where to post this but. i was playing AL earlier,suddenly i started reconnecting then dced. somthing poped up asking for username and password with a message like ''sign in to secure your connection'' but i ofc didnt trust it since i know sts wouldnt ask for it, so i reloaded the game then it worked. question is did anybody have this before? been playing the game for 4 years and never encounterd this. ty

Nohealth
07-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Never encountered that but wow you should watch out

Gouiwaa9000
07-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Check for these :
- Was that popup even connected to AL ?

- Did you install any programs from anywhere besides a place thats owned by sts that could be connected to AL ?
( A phishing app that drops your connection and tries to fool you into trying to reconnect through it ? )

- Perhaps your routers setup page opened ? usually they look similar to what you described . Mine sometimes pops up randomly .

- Someone messing with your network with mitm ... do you get random security issues/redirects when browsing ?

Thats all i can think of besides it being a random popup from something you installed . Anyways , causing a dc and then making the user re-type the login info is a popular way to steal passwords so watch out .

alxe
07-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Check for these :
- Was that popup even connected to AL ?

- Did you install any programs from anywhere besides a place thats owned by sts that could be connected to AL ?
( A phishing app that drops your connection and tries to fool you into trying to reconnect through it ? )

- Perhaps your routers setup page opened ? usually they look similar to what you described . Mine sometimes pops up randomly .

- Someone messing with your network with mitm ... do you get random security issues/redirects when browsing ?

Thats all i can think of besides it being a random popup from something you installed . Anyways , causing a dc and then making the user re-type the login info is a popular way to steal passwords so watch out .Thanks,and nope i have not installed anything for a while. Only opend the Al page on chrome and my connection was working normally,it was quiet weird

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Azerothraven
07-03-2018, 12:29 PM
This is normal for me. It asks if you are logged into more than 1 gmail accounts , it can ask you to log in to chrome and connect you to AL.

I assume you use sts email which does not ask for the details again. I think you accidentally misc licked and was asked to sign in through chrome.

Gouiwaa9000
07-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Yeah that happens alot ^^ you could have simply miss clicked on the login screen . But i amuse it would happen more often than once in 4 years ....

alxe
07-03-2018, 12:49 PM
This is normal for me. It asks if you are logged into more than 1 gmail accounts , it can ask you to log in to chrome and connect you to AL.

I assume you use sts email which does not ask for the details again. I think you accidentally misc licked and was asked to sign in through chrome.Yea i just use the login from email, but i was just running a map. The window that poped up was small and in a rectuanglar shape it didnt have to do with chrome or sts which is why i got really curious.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Jeoraseo
07-04-2018, 08:12 PM
You really should use and click only the AL icon (assuming you already entered your email and password
To avoid those kinds of confusion.