PDA

View Full Version : Why nerf warriors?

macgreaze
07-03-2018, 07:00 PM
The warriors ultimate ability to one shot a boss was one of the best things about this update.

Historically the warrior class has been the hero that hardcore elite players choose as it really is the hardest class to play with. It's job is to support other players. Warriors heal team mates and draw mobs to themselves selflessy while dealing out puny damage to allow rogues and mages to complete maps.

Since the beginning of AL the warrior class has been the worst for farming. We stood back and watched as mages and rogues levelled up easy doing the kraag tombs solo while begging for a pt.

I thought STS had finally fixed this imbalance by giving warriors the opportunity to deal with bosses themselves only to see it cruelly taken away from us with the recent "fix".

In many maps if a warrior leaves the party close to the boss it's no big deal as the rogues and mages have enough damage to take care of it. What if the rogues and mages leave (which they often do) ...the warrior has no chance.

I honestly feel the warrior is the most discriminated against in this game. The ultimate was fine. Will you be giving all warriors a free respec scroll now that you have nerfed this ultimate to beyond uselessness?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Joe Webb
07-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Anything that can one hit a boss, no matter which class, is simply broken. The whole reason boss fights exist is for a challenge to players to work together to defeat (making the loot worth something) not to walk up to and kill in 6 seconds

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Screenshotz
07-03-2018, 07:09 PM
But when a weapon has a proc that insta-kills players in pvp, it's completely fine :D

macgreaze
07-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Hmmm for ages we warriors have been at the beck and call of other classes when it comes to bosses and maps in general.

A lvl 66 rogue or mage can clear maps easy solo where as a warrior struggles alone. This has always been the case due to the damage. Warriors have always been at a disadvantage when it comes to levelling and bosses.

Rogues and mages use us for our shield and support capabilities until they get strong enough to run maps solo and then they don't care about us.

The ultimate took time to charge and evened the playing field when it came to bosses. Now we're again slaves to rogues and mages who we have to beg to stay in maps in order to defeat bosses.

Will all warriors get a free respec scroll since STS moved the goalposts with this ultimate or do I really need to run the hauntlet 60 times again before I can fix my character?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

arcanefid
07-03-2018, 08:21 PM
You can get Respec Scrolls easy from Gold Eggs, don't have to run Hauntlet 60 times. Scrolls are also common in Elite Runner Chests, from Bronze to Gold.

I agree that we should be given some free scrolls though to play around with the new Ultimates.

thekragle
07-03-2018, 09:06 PM
One thing I do agree with related to this topic is how difficult it is to be a warrior. I wholeheartedly believe that each class should be able to choose whether they want to design thier character around being a support player or a damage player.

Then let everyone build parties based on players preferences.
I changed from warrior to rogue two years ago and never looked back. Playing the game was night and day from that point. No more frustrations like the OP described.

+1 for giving warriors some skills and weapons based in high damage instead of support.

Abuze
07-03-2018, 11:54 PM
Greedy tanks, you're supposed to be a tank not wanna be rogue.

will0
07-04-2018, 12:04 AM
rectifying a bug is a not nerf... removing a bug is a fix

thekragle
07-04-2018, 12:17 AM
Greedy tanks, you're supposed to be a tank not wanna be rogue.

It's not greed, I guess the real solution is if there was a male version of a rogue. Sometimes you just want the look of a buff guy but the stats of a rogue, lol.

I also don't see the downside to being able to create a tank, with the obvious primary role of drawing mobs and aggro but with some skills that cause rogue-like high damage. HOWEVER!! those specific skills would have to lower HP and Armor for a time as a trade off otherwise everyone would just be a warrior and they would be too OP.

Everything would need to be balanced for it to work.

Abuze
07-04-2018, 12:22 AM
It's not greed, I guess the real solution is if there was a male version of a rogue. Sometimes you just want the look of a buff guy but the stats of a rogue, lol.

I also don't see the downside to being able to create a tank, with the obvious primary role of drawing mobs and aggro but with some skills that cause rogue-like high damage. HOWEVER!! those specific skills would have to lower HP and Armor for a time as a trade off otherwise everyone would just be a warrior and they would be too OP.

Everything would need to be balanced for it to work.

Nah by that same logic rogues should be able to build to tank which is just absolutely stupid.
Just stick with your primary role.

Suentous PO
07-04-2018, 12:44 AM
warrior should be able to tank, dps,
& resolve discrepencies between standard and quantum physics,
while enacting peace within all religions & cultures,
at the same time as doing the nutmeg challenge,
after listening to the sound of one hand clapping while simotaniously paradoxically not exististing as both a noun & verb.

Gl

thekragle
07-04-2018, 01:18 AM
Nah by that same logic rogues should be able to build to tank which is just absolutely stupid.
Just stick with your primary role.
Dude, let's use a little less salt. I'm not trying to change the game. Justing pointing out one of the reasons tanks are the least favorite in game.

warrior should be able to tank, dps,
& resolve discrepencies between standard and quantum physics,
while enacting peace within all religions & cultures,
at the same time as doing the nutmeg challenge,
after listening to the sound of one hand clapping while simotaniously paradoxically not exististing as both a noun & verb.

Gl

100% agree lol

Drannak
07-04-2018, 01:55 AM
At least STS could make it erase 20% of boss health . Because at the moment its effect is completely unnoticeable . It's worse than fenris's AA

Spheresome
07-04-2018, 07:40 AM
If you really wanted to do damage, why stay with warrior as a class, move on and switch to rogue.

Plus have you ever thought about warriors in pvp. Everyone begs to have a warrior on there team in pvp. Why? Cuz they are literally tanks. Warriors have an aspect valued in pvp that no other class can compare with