PDA

View Full Version : We need new skills..

milikechicken
11-15-2011, 12:24 AM
these 12 skills while we're level 66? basically everything's at +6 .. lol Either more skills :) or! let us + 8 them! :D or something lmao

Xazic
11-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Good idea and has been suggested before ;)
But now everyone has basically the same build........

arqueroverde
11-15-2011, 12:49 AM
We need to be able to go to at least 7 on our skills now.
arq

Kakatoa91
11-15-2011, 01:13 AM
No new skill since this would mean big and hard changes.
We will probably see an increase of lvl in skills to 7 or 8 and later 9. This only need minor modification and easy to do for devs.

Ellyidol
11-15-2011, 01:21 AM
We will probably see an increase of lvl in skills to 7 or 8 and later 9. This only need minor modification and easy to do for devs.

IMO, sadly, this will ruin the game.

Level 7+ buffs will make players either invincible or almost all-powerful. Bears will be able to max out dodge, birds max out crit, and mages max out crit even more even without crit gear.

Adding another skill level is like escaping through the easy way out. It'll be good at first, put it off as much as possible, but in the end it'll eventually catch up to you and require even more work to sort out. Homework, reports, anything that needs to be done.

Kakatoa91
11-15-2011, 10:19 AM

IMO, sadly, this will ruin the game.

Level 7+ buffs will make players either invincible or almost all-powerful. Bears will be able to max out dodge, birds max out crit, and mages max out crit even more even without crit gear.

Adding another skill level is like escaping through the easy way out. It'll be good at first, put it off as much as possible, but in the end it'll eventually catch up to you and require even more work to sort out. Homework, reports, anything that needs to be done.

I know elly, but any other stuff would need major modifications to the game.
we have talk about this b4 many times in the suggestion thread.
Dev cant just add 4 new skills active or 12 passives.
This would mean big changes on skill layout or the different avatar pages and that would influence other sts games too.
It would be quite a surprise if they manage to do it for PL.

Other way to make things different would be working more on gears.
Easier things to do I think, as it doesnt touch the core of the game.
But this would mean imo more choice of gears or weapons.
We could imagine different full set of gears giving different passive skills, weapons with
activated skills or passive ones. We have already weapons with abilities.
We have also faces bonus, vanities,...
I am sure they can work better and further on those parts.

Ellyidol
11-15-2011, 10:35 AM
I know elly, but any other stuff would need major modifications to the game.
we have talk about this b4 many times in the suggestion thread.
Dev cant just add 4 new skills active or 12 passives.
This would mean big changes on skill layout or the different avatar pages and that would influence other sts games too.
It would be quite a surprise if they manage to do it for PL.

Other way to make things different would be working more on gears.
Easier things to do I think, as it doesnt touch the core of the game.
But this would mean imo more choice of gears or weapons.
We could imagine different full set of gears giving different passive skills, weapons with
activated skills or passive ones. We have already weapons with abilities.
We have also faces bonus, vanities,...
I am sure they can work better and further on those parts.

Not add skills though, they need to fully replace them through reworking the skills. It'd allow them to rebalance the game a lot again. Imagine if a skill tree system was introduced, how interesting that would be?

Gear is a good way to add diversity. This is where they could add gear though, and not just replace. The BS campaign had the closest success to gear balancing, IMO. I'll use strength sets as reference. It was quite nice to almost have two opposite sets, fortified as a PvP set and fury/royal as a PvE set. It could also be seen as a damage set (fort) or a tanking set (fury/royal).

I mentioned it in another thread, that if balance was a priority, that they couldn't adjust it through gear. The unique thing about PL is that any class can wear any armor and the amount of hybrids we have. So if gear is changed to balance this class, it will also affect the other classes - adding to the imbalance.

Quite a sensitive issue, but I think it's time for a revamp for skills. If I'm not mistaken, the same skills that PL started out with over a year ago are the same skills we have now? I don't think it will take as much work to revamp all the skills as compared to a new campaign anyway, but a skill revamp could be as exciting as a new campaign, IMO.