PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Emma is a sweetheart <3

Fyrce
11-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Non-elixired group: OK
No mage: OK
Deaths: 0

Stand against walls (no need to cross the room either, just inside door to left or right is ok), hit her.
For close up skills, time her 'ghosts' and run up right after the ghosts disappear. You can hit 2-3 skills.
Run back to wall immediately.
Hit hp pots if she does happen to be targeting you.

Whoever initially enters can also run up and use a few skills before running back to wall.

There is no need to move around the room. Stand at wall and shoot her.

BTW, this works well if you do have a mage as well, since if someone does accidentally die, the mage can rev easily without running about.

(Did this with 1 L58 elixired bird + 1 L60 non-elixired bird, then with L61 non-elixired birds and bears a few times. No problems)
--------------------------------------------
Update (ok, we were not as right as we could have been :p ):

After more experimenting, ok, Emma's never gonna be a peach. She's a vampire! or a witch or something bad and dark and evil like that.

I personally think her heal is a bug, but I'm guessing devs don't think so. (Yo, devs, BUG!)

So after more runs and lots of personal sacrifice (did my deaths outtake my kills yet?), a few things and a more precise method:

--------------------------------------------

Emma has two ghost circles, one closer to her, the other further from her that she repeats a few times. The small circle kills. Maybe a lot! The big circle hurts, maybe a lot. She also has a direct ranged attack -- this can also hurt a lot. As someone pointed out, she stops her direct attack and raises her arms to 'cast' the small ghost circle. WATCH FOR THIS!

An unelixired bird targeted by her will have a hard time surviving. It's helpful to at least use a gold armor elixir or have a bear get her attention. Personally, I would recommend all birds use at least Trash Can Punch, just because not only does she hit hard but she heals, so you want damage on her. It's much easier when she's targeting the bear :)

On entry to the room, rush her. Watch her arms, and if you're the one she's directly attacking, notice if she stops.

When she stops and raises her arms, move back -- to walls are good. If any of the larger ghost circle hits you and you survive, heal immediately (spam pots!). If she hits you with her direct attack and you survive, heal immediately (spam pots). When the ghosts in the small circle disappear, rush her. Or rush just inside of the bigger circle. Sometimes movement is hard, so just get close to her.

Attack her! Debuffs are EXCELLENT! Megas are amazing! Watch her!

When she stops and raises her arms, rush back to wall until small ghost circle disappears. Rush her again.

Note: We think you might watch the small circle and note where the heads are together (multiple heads) and where there's gaps and single heads. The big circle will be similar (mirror?) the small circle. The single heads and gaps hurt A LOT less. I usually try to move to where there's a gap or single head and rush her that way.

And yes, she's still a tough cookie. Especially if she's targetting you.

And yes, this method takes some practice but is actually easy once you get it. Though her healing is very annoying if you're not killing her fast enough. As far as we can tell, healing is just something she does after some time. Don't give up and debuff her.

(Thanks to drew and rob and moar and anyone else who helped me die a lot! Told you I rocked! <duck>)

Yvonnel
11-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Yep. Its funny watching other people die because they won't listen though!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Ellyidol
11-15-2011, 07:59 AM
While your at the wall, are you free to attack/use skills?

Fyrce
11-15-2011, 08:07 AM
As far as I know, do whatever you want. You just want to stay away from her ghosts. When they disappear, you can move if you like. I just move up, scream at her, move back to wall.

My mage hasn't had too many issues either, other than she's gotta run around a lot rev'ing people, including running across the room. Wish people wouldn't keep crossing the room and dancing about and end up all over the place :p I think the last few runs with my mage, I just stayed in place and rev'd and whoever wasn't in range had to wait.

I'm guessing warriors can do slashes. I haven't done my warrior yet -- he's L56 :)

Ellyidol
11-15-2011, 08:19 AM
As far as I know, do whatever you want. You just want to stay away from her ghosts. When they disappear, you can move if you like. I just move up, scream at her, move back to wall.

My mage hasn't had too many issues either, other than she's gotta run around a lot rev'ing people, including running across the room. Wish people wouldn't keep crossing the room and dancing about and end up all over the place :p I think the last few runs with my mage, I just stayed in place and rev'd and whoever wasn't in range had to wait.

I'm guessing warriors can do slashes. I haven't done my warrior yet -- he's L56 :)

I see. Seems like a really short window for a bear though. Challenge accepted!

wvhills
11-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I see. Seems like a really short window for a bear though. Challenge accepted!

Maybe you should be a bow bear against her? I think she's in range of beckon and stomp even if you're by the wall (I could be wrong though).

Ellyidol
11-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Maybe you should be a bow bear against her? I think she's in range of beckon and stomp even if you're by the wall (I could be wrong though).

Since there doesn't seem to be tanking involved in Fang anymore, I just might do this :)

Uepauke
11-15-2011, 10:47 AM
since there doesn't seem to be tanking involved in fang anymore, i just might do this :)

ikr? Want bear round ups

Elyseon
11-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Lol didnt get this my first few times and just straight tanked w/ 4x elix
Lol

milikechicken
11-15-2011, 01:44 PM
basically like what i said?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42576-Mt-Fang-Boss-guide

slaveleia
11-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Great discovery! & thanks for the tips it really helps.

Reaganite
11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Non-elixired group: OK
No mage: OK
Deaths: 0

Stand against walls (no need to cross the room either, just inside door to left or right is ok), hit her.
For close up skills, time her 'ghosts' and run up right after the ghosts disappear. You can hit 2-3 skills.
Run back to wall immediately.
Hit hp pots if she does happen to be targeting you.

Whoever initially enters can also run up and use a few skills before running back to wall.

There is no need to move around the room. Stand at wall and shoot her.

BTW, this works well if you do have a mage as well, since if someone does accidentally die, the mage can rev easily without running about.

(Did this with 1 L58 elixired bird + 1 L60 non-elixired bird, then with L61 non-elixired birds and bears a few times. No problems)

Wow - thanks. I've went up against Emma a few times and got my arse kicked. Nice to know how to handle her!

- BOOTYSTOMPER

Patricks
11-15-2011, 07:15 PM
How many of u have been on a team with no elix and no plat revive that has managed to kill her?

wvhills
11-15-2011, 10:09 PM

You've created half the threads on the board. No one has time to read them all.

milikechicken
11-15-2011, 10:59 PM
You've created half the threads on the board. No one has time to read them all.

takes like 2mins to read the paragraph? takes like 1min just to stare at the new set? lmao? how is it that long?

wvhills
11-16-2011, 08:48 AM
takes like 2mins to read the paragraph? takes like 1min just to stare at the new set? lmao? how is it that long?

The purpose of your post was to bring attention to yourself and your thread. If we wanted to comment or rep your thread we would. We didn't, we wanted to comment on fyrce's thread.

Riccits
11-16-2011, 09:28 AM
How many of u have been on a team with no elix and no plat revive that has managed to kill her?

i would like to know too

Arod8ball
11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
i dunno whats up with her, she keeps regaining her health even when I'm still attacking her

drewcapu
11-16-2011, 12:54 PM
i dunno whats up with her, she keeps regaining her health even when I'm still attacking her

That's my #1 complaint about her.

It's like she heals or something.

But it's actually a reset.

milikechicken
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
The purpose of your post was to bring attention to yourself and your thread. If we wanted to comment or rep your thread we would. We didn't, we wanted to comment on fyrce's thread.

As you can tell it wasn't for Comments or reps, it was just to help ppl, that's what forums r for, not to get teared down byppl like you

Duped
11-16-2011, 06:02 PM
She's a mage, so its expected shed heal herself.

razerfingers
11-16-2011, 06:07 PM
either way this chick was bi polar when i fought her the first time couldnt decide wether to be dead or alive she like spam healed after more than halfway gone and back to full she was dropping us like flies also lol

Rare
11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
As you can tell it wasn't for Comments or reps, it was just to help ppl, that's what forums r for, not to get teared down byppl like you

I don't think this comment helped anyone.

Fyrce
11-17-2011, 02:20 PM
OK, some experimenting for people:

Emma has a small ghost circle and a larger ghost circle. Stand just outside her small ghost circle, near door or wall should work. Target her. When that circle disappears, rush her. When her large ghost circle disappears, run back to wall. Repeat.

I want to know if this is consistent.

Emma does have a direct attack. You'll have to survive this if she targets you. If you can't, then you'll need rev'ing mages. And try to time your acceptance of the rev for between ghosts :p

Usually if you're the 1st to her, I think she starts on a small circle. If you're not sure, stand outside door, wait for her large circle to disappear, then go to wall. Wait for her small circle to disappear, then rush her.

Try to stay within mage rev range in case anyone needs rev'ing.

milikechicken
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I don't think this comment helped anyone.

Lol? sure.

Fyrce
11-18-2011, 04:07 AM
After more experimenting, ok, Emma's never gonna be a peach. She's a vampire! or a witch or something bad like that :p

I personally think her heal is a bug, but I'm guessing devs don't think so.

So after more runs and lots of personal sacrifice (did my deaths outtake my kills yet?), a few things and a more precise method:

Emma has two ghost circles, one closer to her, the other further from her that she repeats a few times. The big circle hurts, maybe a lot. She also has a direct ranged attack -- this can also hurt a lot. As someone pointed out, she stops her direct attack and raises her arms to 'cast' the small ghost circle. WATCH FOR THIS!

An unelixired bird targeted by her will have a hard time surviving. It's helpful to at least use a gold armor elixir or have a bear get her attention. Personally, I would recommend all birds use at least Trash Can Punch, just because not only does she need armor but she heals, so you want damage on her. It's much easier when she's targeting the bear :)

On entry to the room, rush her. Watch her arms, and if you're the one she's directly attacking, notice if she stops.

When she stops and raises her arms, move back -- to walls are good. If any of the larger ghost circle hits you and you survive, heal immediately. If she hits you with her direct attack and you survive, heal immediately. When the ghosts in the small circle disappear, rush her. Or rush just inside of the bigger circle. Sometimes movement is hard, so just get close to her.

Attack her! Debuffs are EXCELLENT! Megas are amazing! Watch her!

When she stops and raises her arms, rush back to wall until small ghost circle disappears. Rush her again.

Note: We think you might watch the small circle and note where the heads are together (multiple heads) and where there's gaps and single heads. The big circle will be similar (mirror?) the small circle. The single heads and gaps hurt A LOT less. I usually try to move to where there's a gap or single head and rush her that way.

And yes, she's still a tough cookie. Especially if she's targetting you.

drewcapu
11-18-2011, 04:30 AM
if you're not dying, you're not trying

those were some fun runs.

just watch out for the four-faces. lol