PDA

View Full Version : 5MIN Penality PVP

Jensmage
07-09-2018, 03:58 PM
The 5 min PVP penalty is still there. Thought it was removed after the event ended.

Jilsponie
07-09-2018, 04:01 PM
I'm cool with it... Too many people abuse leaving to prevent others from getting kills, then they join back and rush the person before they have buffs again, then they get a death instead of the kill they deserve.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Mine AGK
07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
I'm cool with it... Too many people abuse leaving to prevent others from getting kills, then they join back and rush the person before they have buffs again, then they get a death instead of the kill they deserve.

Its not just that. People leave to get away from teamers that play like plebs. Also to get away from people who play nub classes with the gear that requires no skill to use.

Though it does prevent people from just boosting deaths for LB. Its still a bit annoying though.

plpr
07-09-2018, 07:09 PM
I think the time out idea is great but should be reduced to one minute.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Congeniality
07-11-2018, 07:09 AM
I like the 5 minutes. I would say just check your status effects before leaving PvP.

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 07:11 AM
Its not just that. People leave to get away from teamers that play like plebs. Also to get away from people who play nub classes with the gear that requires no skill to use.

Though it does prevent people from just boosting deaths for LB. Its still a bit annoying though.Yeah, good excuse to use the restroom. Get a drink, maybe a snack... 5 minutes isn't long

Jensmage
07-11-2018, 08:25 PM
5min is bad lol. Get dc during the tourney and have to wait. Players can leave and use an alternate class to rejoin. There was a guild name Apex that was doing that during the pvp event. U find out their alternate chars or hidden chars.

yannjoel
07-12-2018, 02:05 AM
The 5min is good - I just remember players who always left inside a fight and rejoined just to annoy other players.
It is annoying if you disconnect as Jis already pointed out: 5 min isnt that long

Dolloway
07-12-2018, 02:05 AM
Personally, I'd opt for 1-2 mins.

We have yet to witness someone disconnect during a tournament match but when that happens and the individual isn't allowed to rejoin the game for 5 whole minutes, drama will surely ensue because of this ban.

Draebatad
07-15-2018, 01:30 AM
Maybe we should try a 60 second ban? And go from there if that doesn't work?

Waug
07-15-2018, 02:31 AM
5 min ban was intended for honor pvp event ONLY, not suitable for normal pvp. Where teaming is so common that 5 min ban actually serves the exploiters more rather than serving it's purpose of preventing exploitation. Players already get a death that's enough and those kd lovers that support it here in the hope of disagreement for the shake of disagreement are already have enough practice of running to tree and wait a bit and leave even in a 1-1 so it doesn't harm the actual exploiters much.

Iamxmayhem
07-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Lol you just can’t refrain from being a sore loser ? Plenty of players have alts? Stop calling out my guild ty.

Jensmage
07-21-2018, 01:49 AM
Lol you just can’t refrain from being a sore loser ? Plenty of players have alts? Stop calling out my guild ty.

We actually won during the event. No such thing as a loser in pl. lol only guild I mostly saw utilizing alter char was yours.

That’s the problem with guild event. Some players care so much about kdr and points that they will exit the campaign and use alt chars to join the campaign. It’s one way to cheat the system or avoid the penality.

No point in having 5min penalty during non event because players can use alter to join the campaign game.

Absolize
07-21-2018, 07:47 AM
The penalty is good and should stay, keeps people from leaving to avoid death and joining right back, something I seen very often in pvp before this amazing penalty came about. Keep it. :)

Bats
07-21-2018, 09:28 AM
Sadly, the problem is that it is not always effective. See https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?425889-Abused-Rejoin-Glitch. Anyone can RJ by simply rejoining as fast as they can.

I suggest that it's at least fixed because it's a bug that's waiting for more exploiters in the future.

Draebatad
07-22-2018, 02:12 AM
One downside I see is the DC situation. Get DC and get the ban if the timing is wrong. Can be catastrophic in a match. And it does happen.

arizeunal
07-22-2018, 09:09 AM
Proof of exploit
https://vimeo.com/281147231

Absolize
07-22-2018, 10:03 AM
One downside I see is the DC situation. Get DC and get the ban if the timing is wrong. Can be catastrophic in a match. And it does happen.

Yes that can be troublesome, if there’s a way to fix that from a disconnect but still give pentalty to those who just try to avoid death, that would work.

Jensmage
07-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Proof of exploit

lol I like your video.

Jensmage
07-22-2018, 02:54 PM

It happened during the 5v5 tourney where a player got DC and we had to wait 5 mins to join. If it was in the final round 5v5 tourney and score was 8-9 and a player got dc, the opponent has the right to not stop. The penalty should be during the PVP events only.

Jilsponie
07-22-2018, 03:00 PM
It happened during the 5v5 tourney where a player got DC and we had to wait 5 mins to join. If it was in the final round 5v5 tourney and score was 8-9 and a player got dc, the opponent has the right to not stop. The penalty should be during the PVP events only.It's extremely unfortunate when a DC happens... Imo though, if you're going to compete in a tournament, you need to be making sure you have a stable internet connection before you start. It's essentially more important than your set. If your upload speed drops off, and download speed remains you will receive damage without dealing any, and even lose your ability to heal.

Draebatad
07-22-2018, 03:24 PM
Disconnections are mostly out of a player's control. The penalty should be reduced to 1 minute if anything.

plpr
07-22-2018, 03:45 PM
Proof of exploit
Yes the same player did that to me.

Jensmage
07-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Yes the same player did that to me.

We see that at endgame all the time. Players care too much about kdr.