PDA

View Full Version : Deep Marsh Request

Blazerland
07-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Humbly requesting for STS DEVS to please reconsider making Deep Marsh open for 24 hours once bar is full just like cryostar and northal. 6 hours is somehow short and it doesnt cater all time zone. I personally think 24 hours is reasonable. It takes days for the bar to be filled,its just frustrating that you are looking forward to play and explore the map after days of waiting then when you are able to play its unavailable again.

Moscu
07-09-2018, 05:23 PM
That area exists? I have never entered there. I have noticed that the bar takes a long time to load and the opening of the map closes in a few hours :s

IGN: Moscu

leeelooo
07-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Yes, please allow it to be opened for 24 hrs like cryo & Northal at least

Oberynkenobi
07-09-2018, 11:02 PM
+1 would be nice to see what the deep marsh looks like 😁

scarysmerf
07-10-2018, 12:05 AM
+2 great suggestion

Nohealth
07-10-2018, 02:08 AM
I think it's like 5th thread but yes please

Xxkayakxx
07-10-2018, 04:01 AM
Being a map related to 10k mobs and 1k boss aps, I selfishly would like it to be always open :/

Dhaan
07-10-2018, 04:08 AM
+1 for 24h open

greekAL
07-10-2018, 07:21 AM
Imo as long as we have to hunt ap there no need to wait to open etc, so all ppl can manage their free time not wait a map to open to farm there! Some ppl fix their free days to run aps!

Oakmaiden
07-10-2018, 09:25 AM
At the very least, keep it open 12 hours. Most ppl dont sleep that long. Then ppl can catch it before they go to bed or when they wake up. Lol, or both! A lil grind at both ends of the candle!

arcanefid
07-10-2018, 12:05 PM
I don't know what the idea of locking elite zones is, but it's keeping me away from the game. I'm talking about myself here, but I am sure many others feel the same as me.

Even if the map stays 24 hours, it can still be on a work day, or just a day that we're busy. So far we have seen that it takes minimum 5 days for the bar to fill, and this is while the expansion is still fresh. Once the majority hit level 71 and start running Raid zones, it will take probably a lot more than 5 days to open.

Motherless_Child
07-10-2018, 12:35 PM
I don't know what the idea of locking elite zones is, but it's keeping me away from the game. I'm talking about myself here, but I am sure many others feel the same as me.

Even if the map stays 24 hours, it can still be on a work day, or just a day that we're busy. So far we have seen that it takes minimum 5 days for the bar to fill, and this is while the expansion is still fresh. Once the majority hit level 71 and start running Raid zones, it will take probably a lot more than 5 days to open.

I feel ya......

I still have not ran that map............

It's kind of keeping me from experiencing more difficult content, which in turn, prevents me from working to ascend to a level of being able 2 compete there...........

Hartholzwurm
07-11-2018, 05:59 AM
As an ap hunter i agree and it would be fine if something will change. At least Sts could open deep marsh all the time with 1 boss and only 2nd boss spawns with this awful boring short timer like it works in other maps also...this would help the ap farmer a lot.....

Carapace
07-11-2018, 11:38 AM
We will be increasing the open time of the Deep Marsh from 6 hours to 12 hours

arcanefid
07-11-2018, 11:49 AM
We will be increasing the open time of the Deep Marsh from 6 hours to 12 hours

I never allowed notifications for games, but is it possible to let us know when the Deep Marsh opens through them?

And sorry if I sound rude, but is there any actual reason why it can't stay open for longer, or 24/7? Y'all have any plans to let us farm Elite APs in other ways for Festerfang?

VROOMIGoRealFast
07-11-2018, 11:55 AM
I never allowed notifications for games, but is it possible to let us know when the Deep Marsh opens through them?

And sorry if I sound rude, but is there any actual reason why it can't stay open for longer, or 24/7? Y'all have any plans to let us farm Elite APs in other ways for Festerfang?

Deep Marsh cannot be open 24/7 due to the accessibility of the Arcane and Set items from this zone. Having it constantly open is too high of an inflow of these items that it will harm the overall game balance and economy. The drop rates are balanced towards an open/close system, if we were to switch to always open we would have to nerf them (and I know how much players would enjoy that)

Blazerland
07-11-2018, 12:01 PM
#24hourspleaseeeeee
#lorthhavemercy
#thanksforincreasing

Oakmaiden
07-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Thank you Devs for at least meeting us halfway by increasing time to 12 hours!

arcanefid
07-11-2018, 12:13 PM
Deep Marsh cannot be open 24/7 due to the accessibility of the Arcane and Set items from this zone. Having it constantly open is too high of an inflow of these items that it will harm the overall game balance and economy. The drop rates are balanced towards an open/close system, if we were to switch to always open we would have to nerf them (and I know how much players would enjoy that)

We can already kill Orrick in less than 2 mins and he drops the same loot though.

You have probably thought about it, but why not remove the Arcane and Set items, and also tradeable Raid coins from Deep Marsh, leaving only the Raid Coins (satchel ones) as the good loot? (Or make them 10 times more rare).

That way we can have a balanced looting maybe, but also be able to farm the APs. :D

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I had sort of guessed that was the reason.

leeelooo
07-11-2018, 02:15 PM
Thank you for increasing the time to 12 hrs, I say this respectfully but I don't think it's enough time. Come to your own conclusions but in my opinion, the majority of loot wouldn't be dropping in deep marsh and it isn't likely that folks will farm deep marsh for loot other than ap runners because it is a hard map with hard bosses & it takes a lot longer than a raid to farm for the same loot. Majority of loot is coming from the raids because it's very easy to farm. Even when the deep marsh was open, I had to nearly beg for people to join so I don't see how keeping it closed is somehow balancing loot.

arcanefid
07-11-2018, 05:36 PM
Thank you for increasing the time to 12 hrs, I say this respectfully but I don't think it's enough time. Come to your own conclusions but in my opinion, the majority of loot wouldn't be dropping in deep marsh and it isn't likely that folks will farm deep marsh for loot other than ap runners because it is a hard map with hard bosses & it takes a lot longer than a raid to farm for the same loot. Majority of loot is coming from the raids because it's very easy to farm. Even when the deep marsh was open, I had to nearly beg for people to join so I don't see how keeping it closed is somehow balancing loot.

Yeah, it's pretty rare anyway, we just got a lot of it because the bug in the first few days, and I think we're getting more Mireguard pieces because the Raid maps are so easy to farm.

If Deep Marsh was open all this time, I'm sure there would've been less of those looted.

Sorry for being annoying about this Deep Marsh thing, but so far with all people who I have discussed this topic with, no one has said that locking Deep Marsh is a good idea. And as you can see it happens here in forums too.

QuaseT
07-12-2018, 03:13 AM
Would still prefer 24h over 12h bc i still cant play oftwn when im at work/school and sleep and have some hours off in the evening.

Motherless_Child
07-12-2018, 11:43 AM
I just ran there today for the first time...... Ditched the boss battle because that other mage's flamestaff was hitting "too lightly"............ LOL...... What is lootable there?

And what is "spirit marsh"? Just curious because there is a craftable elixir that grants temp access there, just wanted to know if U need 2 B lv.71???

PsychoNuke
07-12-2018, 12:09 PM
These areas, including raids, will get easier as gears get added. We are able to play it well right now even without the set bonus and weapon from expansion. Things will settle fine, just have patience. :)
Deep marsh is as same as cryo/northal, hence 12/24 hrs is fine for special bosses, no need to make it 24/7.

Xxkayakxx
07-12-2018, 12:20 PM
These areas, including raids, will get easier as gears get added. We are able to play it well right now even without the set bonus and weapon from expansion. Things will settle fine, just have patience. :)
Deep marsh is as same as cryo/northal, hence 12/24 hrs is fine for special bosses, no need to make it 24/7.

Not the same. 10k mobs and 1k boss aps related to Deep M.
I don’t see complains about difficulty of map, just “availability” of map for aps. Also drops are not being questioned

PsychoNuke
07-14-2018, 07:01 AM
Right there is that. I only played it 1 time for few hours out of 3 times it was up, I have 24 boss kills and 2k mobs. Currently only 2 bosses are available, as events will pass the remaining bosses will open.
I think you will be alright, there is a year to go for season to end. Though I don't mind if they reconsider the availability.

I don’t see complains about difficulty of map, just “availability” of map for aps. Also drops are not being questioned
I guess you missed the posts above, my post was in general @thread.

PsychoNuke
07-14-2018, 07:07 AM
And what is "spirit marsh"? Just curious because there is a craftable elixir that grants temp access there, just wanted to know if U need 2 B lv.71???

Talk to NPC "Shen'kor Spirit Guide" in Festerfang Outpost ;)

Abuze
07-14-2018, 07:10 AM

People that don't have need for it will always say that it's not needed. (cough)
C'est la vie

Xxkayakxx
07-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Right there is that. I only played it 1 time for few hours out of 3 times it was up, I have 24 boss kills and 2k mobs. Currently only 2 bosses are available, as events will pass the remaining bosses will open.
I think you will be alright, there is a year to go for season to end. Though I don't mind if they reconsider the availability.

I guess you missed the posts above, my post was in general @thread.

It’s just a personal issue for me :/
I like to run for a goal and aps are my bread and butter. Right now In pve I just miss the deepmarsh aps and when I log in.....what to do??? (I repeat myself....personal problem)
I love AL but right now I miss motivation to play :( recently found balanced staff as a reason to farm but.....not that strong motivation XD
As you say, I’ll be fine ;) just addicted to AL and will find something to spend my time :)

PsychoNuke
07-14-2018, 01:34 PM
It’s just a personal issue for me :/
I like to run for a goal and aps are my bread and butter. Right now In pve I just miss the deepmarsh aps and when I log in.....what to do??? (I repeat myself....personal problem)
I love AL but right now I miss motivation to play :( recently found balanced staff as a reason to farm but.....not that strong motivation XD
As you say, I’ll be fine ;) just addicted to AL and will find something to spend my time :)

Right, I get it, different players look for different things. I am on the same boat for APs, only left with deep marsh in PVE and thinking of finishing the left over pvp with 71 arcane. It looks achievable to me even if its kept as special boss instead of normal, but may be its too soon to say, lets see.

I am with you on the gears part, I am going to be really pissed if the max level spirit staff turns out bad. :\