View Full Version : STILL no talons?

bronislav84
11-15-2011, 10:56 AM
I went to Fang last night and straight to the crafting, since it's a good indication of the new un-crafted sets to expect and what do I see for Dex? Another dagger, both types of bows, and NO TALON.

Who really melees their bird except war-birds? A full Dex bird should not melee, and should stay behind the bear. Dagger turns birds into a fake war-bird and that's just weird. Birds need a defensive ranged set, and that's what talon is.

What's the deal with no talons for the second campaign in a row? Please put the talons back in the game. Thank you

bronislav84
11-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Well when I say talons I meant thrown in general.

I mean come on. Personally, I liked to think of my bird as a ninja throwing stars at his enemies. No offense, but I dislike bows.

But a melee Dex bird? How do you even play that? Only skill things to death and never auto attack? At least a war-bird can take hits if they draw agro, but asking a full Dex bird to melee if they wanna use a shield?

I'm sorry, but what's the deal with no longer supporting the thrown category STS? Defensive ranged is not a bad category. It's for death-conscious bird players who don't like having umpteen deaths. Why take it out?

Elyseon
11-17-2011, 05:03 PM
The majority of birds use the bow over talons, birds are supposed to pour out dmg, they don't really need a talon

Smurfy
11-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Although there are no pink talons post Sewers that I know of, I have seen green and orange talons available. They don't have the M's ad H's, but I believe they do offer superior armor & damage in comparison to the Sewer talon.

bronislav84
11-18-2011, 10:47 AM
The majority of birds use the bow over talons, birds are supposed to pour out dmg, they don't really need a talonThey don't need a dagger either and shouldn't melee as full Dex. That's messed up.

Read: I'm death-conscious, so defensive ranged is perfect for me. I'm sure I'm not the only death-conscious player.

Okay so there's green thrown weapons. There's still no pink set for it, hence my complaint.

Samhayne
11-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I think, as Elyseon points out, that bows are where it is at for damage production. The ship for Mt. Fang has mostly sailed, but perhaps the team will reconsider talons in the next update. Thanks for keeping the feedback constructive and rage free.

bronislav84
11-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Thank you for the reply Sam. I really wasn't raging when I said I mostly quit PL, so no need to edit that out. I have responsibilities in SL now and can barely handle two games. I would like to assure you that wasn't rage. :)

Hopefully the thrown weapons will come back in the next campaign. Thrown has always been the middle ground between all damage and all melee, helping to avoid agro. It makes me sad that it has been gone for a full ten levels now.

I must get back to PL and level my mage and bird.

drewcapu
11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Forget talons.

I want boomerangs.

Hit 'em going out.

Hit 'em coming back!

Or at least hit multiple mobs in a "cone"

:)

Southriver
11-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Forget talons.

I want boomerangs.

Hit 'em going out.

Hit 'em coming back!

GOOD IDEA! *Throws boomerang*

opponent: HAHA! Dodge

*boomerang comes back*

AND THATS A HIT!

bronislav84
11-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Great idea. As long as it's ranged and you can use a shield with it.

Daggers on Dex birds just make no sense at all since you can catch agro in melee range and die easily while you TRY to get away. Dex birds just shouldn't melee.

Survivorfan
11-20-2011, 11:39 AM
But what happens when the boomerang comes back and hits u? Will u take damage or catch it?

noobmigo
11-20-2011, 11:42 AM
But what happens when the boomerang comes back and hits u? Will u take damage or catch it?

Come on Survivor...let's be PL Realistic.

It's not going to do self damage.
I mean, come on, we have infinite amount of talons.
We don't cut our fingers on those talons.

The End,

;)

Reddwing
11-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Although there are no pink talons post Sewers that I know of, I have seen green and orange talons available. They don't have the M's ad H's, but I believe they do offer superior armor & damage in comparison to the Sewer talon.
The shivering ice talon: lev 30 pink (very good in my opinion) also i believe the "demon claw" can be either a purple or pink talon if you search them on the cs.

Imacoolbirdd
11-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Ninja stars!!

Conradin
11-20-2011, 02:48 PM
The shivering ice talon: lev 30 pink (very good in my opinion) also i believe the "demon claw" can be either a purple or pink talon if you search them on the cs.

We mean after the balefort sewers campaign. And what bout batbirds bat star?

Southriver
11-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Come on Survivor...let's be PL Realistic.

It's not going to do self damage.
I mean, come on, we have infinite amount of talons.
We don't cut our fingers on those talons.

The End,

;)

Ecxactly! Like would your bow string snap and the arrow back fire on you?

Southriver
11-20-2011, 04:25 PM

Daggers on Dex birds just make no sense at all since you can catch agro in melee range and die easily while you TRY to get away. Dex birds just shouldn't melee.

Daggers are only good for bosses because you just run away from the guy with the dagger but they do have good dps

Reddwing
11-20-2011, 04:28 PM

We mean after the balefort sewers campaign. And what bout batbirds bat star?
Lol i got forgot post meant after xD today has been a long day.

bronislav84
11-20-2011, 04:34 PM

Daggers are only good for bosses because you just run away from the guy with the dagger but they do have good dpsThat's exactly what I was getting at. It's a melee weapon for a ranged class, and should have really never been introduced. War-birds use bear weapons anyway, and Dex birds just shouldn't melee.

zorathorg
11-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Forget talons.

I want boomerangs.

Hit 'em going out.

Hit 'em coming back!

now that would be awesome!

I Love being a paladin tho, Paladins are forever! Mages that melee, now thats worth my time lolz

cajunqueen
11-22-2011, 11:56 AM
I would love to have a throwing weapon for my bird in the high lvls as well. I used the shivering ice dagger as long as I could. I like being ranged but with higher armor protection (equip shield) when the situation calls for it. I hope devs will provide one! Would be nice!:positive: