PDA

View Full Version : 1.1 Content Update (73502)

asommers
11-15-2011, 11:23 AM
When a luck enhancer triggers, and the mob is capable of dropping items of one rarity level rarer than the item which would have dropped, you get a random item of the rarer rarity instead.
Improved Astroid Miner's Luck enhancer description.
iPhone: Patch notes now have up/down scroll arrow

Olz
11-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Y did u cancel update then do it

Feke
11-15-2011, 11:29 AM
So, this means that with Asteroid Miner's enhancer I won't get white stuffs while others without enhancer get green and purple? 'Cause I think I bought that to not to be like it was. Well, for me it's egal. I'll never buy that enhancer anymore. For me it's enough to fool me once.

JazzBlue
11-15-2011, 11:36 AM
so, you're saying the trigger point for the miner's luck enhancer was NOT correctly set up until this patch?

What about everyone that spent plat on them between the initial rollout and the fix?

Just curious if there will be any restitution for the cash outlay for a bugged item.

Flip
11-15-2011, 11:50 AM
so, you're saying the trigger point for the miner's luck enhancer was NOT correctly set up until this patch?

Allow me to shed some light here. The luck enhancer was not broken before but we decided to make it even better! Here's how the luck enhancer works, before and after the patch:

Old Luck Enhancer
Whenever you receive a drop the system rolls for what loot you will receive. With the old luck enhancer the system would roll for your drops twice, then give you the better of the two items. This happens behind the scenes. So it was possible to roll two white items and then receive the better of those two whites. This is how all luck increases have worked in STS games up to this point.

New Luck Enhancer
The new luck enhancer still rerolls your loot, but the rerolled item will always be one rarity better than the item you should have received. With this enhancer if you roll an orange the system will reroll and give you a random green item, assuming there is a green item that drops for your level in that map.

As you can see the old enhancer was not bugged, but we have reworked the enhancer to be significantly better. We did this because we love you! <3

Ruby!!!
11-15-2011, 11:54 AM
We did this because we love you! <3

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

Robsta
11-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Lol... Thanks for clarification flip actually makes luck enhancer worth it to me.

Feke
11-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Yupp. That's how I got whites and greys at all the 30 seconds, except one green. But I though it was working like if there are 5 players in the dungeon and we kill the Mysterious guy and noone using enhancer, except me, than I'll be the luckiest one.

Snakespeare
11-15-2011, 12:36 PM
In the old system, if it triggered it said "Feelin' lucky" but if it didn't re-roll a better one and it gave you the original roll, it didn't say anything else. So that's how you might have gotten a grey. But if it did get a better item (determined by color) it said "You are lucky!" and you get the better one, so that's how you sometimes would get a white item and they'd say you are lucky.

At least that's how it was in PL.

In the new, apparently, if you roll a grey it re-rolls a white, white goes orange, orange goes green, etc... totally different. :)

Feke
11-15-2011, 01:02 PM
In the old system, if it triggered it said "Feelin' lucky" but if it didn't re-roll a better one and it gave you the original roll, it didn't say anything else. So that's how you might have gotten a grey. But if it did get a better item (determined by color) it said "You are lucky!" and you get the better one, so that's how you sometimes would get a white item and they'd say you are lucky.

At least that's how it was in PL.

In the new, apparently, if you roll a grey it re-rolls a white, white goes orange, orange goes green, etc... totally different. :)

Yupp.. But we are talking about the new Asteroid Miner's enhancer, that gives 100% better luck/ reroll chance, not 25% chance for a reroll as it is in the simple Luck enhancer. :)

So.. I got all of the items as better ones. :)

Hmmm... Another update right now.. What's that?

FluffNStuff
11-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Allow me to shed some light here. The luck enhancer was not broken before but we decided to make it even better! Here's how the luck enhancer works, before and after the patch:

Old Luck Enhancer
Whenever you receive a drop the system rolls for what loot you will receive. With the old luck enhancer the system would roll for your drops twice, then give you the better of the two items. This happens behind the scenes. So it was possible to roll two white items and then receive the better of those two whites. This is how all luck increases have worked in STS games up to this point.

New Luck Enhancer
The new luck enhancer still rerolls your loot, but the rerolled item will always be one rarity better than the item you should have received. With this enhancer if you roll an orange the system will reroll and give you a random green item, assuming there is a green item that drops for your level in that map.

As you can see the old enhancer was not bugged, but we have reworked the enhancer to be significantly better. We did this because we love you! <3

So the million dollar question, if you get a purple from the MFer on your first roll, will you be guaranteed a pink?

BodMaster
11-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Nice Job can't wait to get on now and try it out once more ;)

CanonicalKoi
11-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for a really nice patch! Mainly, I just wanted to admire the beauty of the phrase, "rarer rarity". It just sings, doesn't it? :)

JazzBlue
11-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the clarification! We ran a SERIOUS in depth test of the 100% luck potion in the guild the other night, and we could not find any significant increase in how it works over normal drop rates.

Might take the time to retest it again and see if we can actually make it work this time.

This might just make it worth it to buy another batch of plat. :eagerness:

Tvis
11-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Very nice update! Really appreciate the up/down scroll arrow :D

Redbridge
11-15-2011, 06:51 PM
So the million dollar question, if you get a purple from the MFer on your first roll, will you be guaranteed a pink?

If a pink drops in that map yes... But as per the summary, only if a pink drop is available in that map.

FluffNStuff
11-15-2011, 11:30 PM
If a pink drops in that map yes... But as per the summary, only if a pink drop is available in that map.

Are the pinks from the Mysterious Figure in the drop table, or a separate roll? If they are separate, would this affect them?

TsunamiTheClown
11-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Ah, so now the lixer increases base luck. Much better. Previously the enhancer was borderline, now - statically more robust!

Thx for the clarification Flip.

Dontpushme
11-16-2011, 02:46 PM

Old Luck Enhancer

New Luck Enhancer

As you can see the old enhancer was not bugged, but we have reworked the enhancer to be significantly better. We did this because we love you! <3makes enough sense. Tanks again for all you do for us.!

Daarkshadowzz
11-18-2011, 03:42 AM
The enhancer doesnt work properly, here's a screenshot to prove it, this image has been uploaded directly from my iphone and hasnt been tampered with what so ever. The thing is that i got a blue item without it being re rolled. I wasnt happy with the outcome, however the Star Legends were helpful and they did reimburse me.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2dqpx6u.jpg
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2dqpx6u.jpg

The fact is that i had spent a fair bit of time running after pink items and i would much rather have choose to receive a random pink item then the premium, if this is possible i would like the staff to contact me on my email. My character name is Darkshadowzz.
http://oi41.tinypic.com/4taud4.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/4taud4.jpg