PDA

View Full Version : Remove Level Restriction for Vanities

Xyzther
07-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Do you think you could remove the level restriction for all vanities? Before they were in place to prevent lower level players from getting advantages in pvp; ex. Dragon sets being level 60. Now that rings are level 1, the level restrictions on vanities serve no purpose. I think it would be cool to be able to wear a COP, black drag, etc on a twink. Thoughts? I don’t see this as game breaking as all, because it has no effect on stats, simply appearance.

Idevour
07-10-2018, 12:22 PM
I agree they should take away level restrictions on all vanities. Considering they made the L76 egg into a lvl 1 vanity they shoukd do the same with all vanities

Jensmage
07-10-2018, 12:22 PM
Do you think you could remove the level restriction for all vanities? Before they were in place to prevent lower level players from getting advantages in pvp; ex. Dragon sets being level 60. Now that rings are level 1, the level restrictions on vanities serve no purpose. I think it would be cool to be able to wear a COP, black drag, etc on a twink. Thoughts? I don’t see this as game breaking as all, because it has no effect on stats, simply appearance.

+1 This is a good idea. LOL wear OG mantle at L1 with BD set and tourney shield.

Absolize
07-10-2018, 12:23 PM
I don’t think this should be a thing simply because some of the vanities that were earned at a certain level should honestly stay that level

Jensmage
07-10-2018, 12:27 PM
I don’t think this should be a thing simply because some of the vanities that were earned at a certain level should honestly stay that level

The players that have earned the vanities are long gone and have traded the items. Fossil egg l76 (STS calls it a vanity at that moment) was changed to L1.

Hjable
07-10-2018, 12:30 PM
I want 105 shield useable on level 10 and my dragon sets. But dront think dragon set up Will work out well cause you can get rings when equip

Absolize
07-10-2018, 12:31 PM
The players that have earned the vanities are long gone and have traded the items. Fossil egg l76 (STS calls it a vanity at that moment) was changed to L1.

I know plenty of people that still have founders, eggs etc that they have originally owned.

nenany
07-10-2018, 12:35 PM
+1 good idea

Idevour
07-10-2018, 12:40 PM
I know plenty of people that still have founders, eggs etc that they have originally owned.

Those items are already L1 vanities.

Jilsponie
07-10-2018, 12:45 PM
Good on paper, but the ramifications of black ring prices would be definite... One of the things restricting the amount in circulation is the level requirements for the sets...

Example: make toon, retrieve set from stash, equip, stash set and ring. Delete toon and repeat.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Idevour
07-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Good on paper, but the ramifications of black ring prices would be definite... One of the things restricting the amount in circulation is the level requirements for the sets...

Example: make toon, retrieve set from stash, equip, stash set and ring. Delete toon and repeat.

The rings are already only like 400k so i dont see why that would matter

Jilsponie
07-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Because they would become like 10k... New players starting out need items to merch and black rings are a high demand item for twink levels... It would essentially make it harder for new players, that don't have all the resources those of us that have been playing for years have.

Also 400k is a lot of gold for some people.
The rings are already only like 400k so i dont see why that would matter

Draebatad
07-10-2018, 01:00 PM
If the level restrictions on old vanities remain the same as they always have been, at least people who wear these vanities reserved for higher levels will have earned their right to equip them. An L1, created almost instantly, hasn't spent any time, effort, gold or plat to deserve to wear the vanities earned at much higher levels. Even if a new character uses plat maps to level quickly, at least they spent some time, effort and expense to reach the required level for their old shool vanities. You all should be grateful the new vanities are L1+, as their goal is for us to all reach level cap, not cater to L1s. Thumbs down to the idea of making og vanities L1+.

Jensmage
07-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Because they would become like 10k... New players starting out need items to merch and black rings are a high demand item for twink levels... It would essentially make it harder for new players, that don't have all the resources those of us that have been playing for years have.

Also 400k is a lot of gold for some people.

When crafting a Black Ring of Valiant Glory, you need more than the Black Ring of the Dragon. You also need Ring of Valiant Glory and that adds additional cost. I doubt the ring will be 10k. 400k to spend on crafting isnt worth it for a twink.

Cinco
07-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Nah. I think they should stay.

Jilsponie
07-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Perhaps 10k is an exaggeration, but you get the point. The ring of valiant glory is much easier to obtain than even the pink drag rings...
When crafting a Black Ring of Valiant Glory, you need more than the Black Ring of the Dragon. You also need Ring of Valiant Glory and that adds additional cost. I doubt the ring will be 10k. 400k to spend on crafting isnt worth it for a twink.

Cinco
07-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Did you guys read that reddit thread this morning about this exact thing?