PDA

View Full Version : [A Fork in the Road]

Cinco
07-11-2018, 10:40 AM
We trek across the smoky mountain ridge high above Alterra.
It's hot up here and we're out of potions so we decide to head back down.
But where should we wind up?
Two destinations emerge as the clouds part below us: the Arena of Honor... still shaking from the last realm-shattering conflict, and the Mad Mage's Castle... still full of secrets and rare items.
Where should we go?

Alphasemana
07-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Those rare loots are becoming much less rare. I would suggest pulling the oldest loot and throwing on some new ones
(Blue/gold egg, WL armor helm)

Idevour
07-11-2018, 12:02 PM
I would like the event to be a PvE event, but i would like to see the eggs removed from the loot table (they are too common as it is) and see some new items that can be looted such as black starry/black holo. Or a new type of items that are original ideas.

I think we should get White Lightning added back to the loot table 1 or 2 more times and we should see Black Gold added back 3 or 4 more times.

Black soh and black mfa would be cool items to see aswell.

It doesn't matter to me if the event is guild or solo.

Dolloway
07-11-2018, 12:10 PM
I'm torn. On one hand, I like the phat lewt that comes from Mad Mage's Castle, as well as racking up PVE kills and leveling alts. On the other hand, I love the chaos and excitement that comes with a pvp event.

If we are going to have an Arena of Honor event, I'd recommend that we make it so that it's an individual event this time (less teaming and holding spots) and make it so that only three members of a guild can join a pvp zone at once (this prevents people holding spots even more).

I'd also recommend that perhaps the winning team in a game has a chest or barrel that spawns at the end of the match and rare loot can drop from it at a very low chance like in Mad Mage's Castle. Currently, barrels in pvp have very low odds to drop items such as the Blood Red Plate of Legend, so this might go with the pvp theme. This will encourage players to try to win games more too and not just let their guildmates farm their teammates by holding the spots as I said.

If we are going to do a Mad Mage's Castle event, I think it's time to remove the older loot as Alphasemana said (old eggs) and bring in new loot. That doesn't mean that these old items can't come back in future events, but they have currently lost enough value to not be as exciting of a drop as they once were when they first came out.

epig
07-11-2018, 12:17 PM
I love both of these events, but what would make me go with the Mad Mage's Castle for sure is having new loot added to the table. It's exciting to get Red, Blue, or Gold eggs as drops, however it's going to bring less and less excitement over time, so at some point we can take them out of the loot table and add something new in, and if players want, we could possibly add the eggs back to the loot table in a future event.

Events are supposed to be thrill-packed. Having new loot added to the Mad Mage's Castle will definitely help fulfill that.

As for the Arena of Honor, I also agree for it being individual, but don't make the threshold for the tiers. I played around at least 10 (probably more) hours on the previous individual event and received bronze. With the previous PvP event, basically everyone had gold tier and it didn't make it that exciting, but that was because the amount to get to gold tier was extremely easy to reach.

Long story short, don't make the threshhold too difficult to reach so that other players that have a limited amount of playing time can reach it too, but don't make it too easy.

Fwend
07-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Mad mages castle, Individual event.

Surprise us with the thresholds for each tier. Give us something to earn.

New vanities such as black starry sounds exciting. Include 105 amulets and weapons bought for pl gold.

Lootable rare items again can be white lighting and black gold. Remove useless amulets, as drops.

If there is a gold farming tier have at least a day break after the weekend so as we can recover, farming 5 days straight with little sleep does put strain on many of the committed players welfare.

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Great ideas from all here! I'd disagree about removing eggs just yet... 5m isn't cheap, and that's a Payday for newer players, and even an amount I was thrilled to receive last event. I mean, we are talking about all of a sudden, as fast as you can drop an egg, a poor player can afford a set and cheaper oktal pet to make it to endgame.

I'd definitely support a pvp event being individual based, and restricting the number of guild members per room to 3.

Either way I'll farm for kills or items :)

Can't be thankful enough for the continued events here in pl! (Thanks for the break from them too!)

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Idevour
07-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Great ideas from all here! I'd disagree about removing eggs just yet... 5m isn't cheap, and that's a Payday for newer players, and even an amount I was thrilled to receive last event. I mean, we are talking about all of a sudden, as fast as you can drop an egg, a poor player can afford a set and cheaper oktal pet to make it to endgame.

I'd definitely support a pvp event being individual based, and restricting the number of guild members per room to 3.

Either way I'll farm for kills or items :)

Can't be thankful enough for the continued events here in pl! (Thanks for the break from them too!)

We are saying to replace the eggs with a different item...and if we had another event with the eggs in them they would be around 1-2m. Who would care to drop a 1m vanity item?

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 01:33 PM
Honestly... Me
We are saying to replace the eggs with a different item...and if we had another event with the eggs in them they would be around 1-2m. Who would care to drop a 1m vanity item?

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Id rather see us head back to the mad mages castler bringing back the same loot but removing blue/gold eggs for a bit to come back in future events.

Id say we add more to the loot table for myxx and bring back black gold and white lightning. Add a white lightning mantle/egg or maybe even add another set of items. Demon lightning or maybe even new starry colors. I enjoy grinding out pve events as they are more enjoyable in my opinion. Pvp is just killing people and not enjoying the chance to get something from it other then kills and a vendor.

Cinco
07-11-2018, 01:41 PM

Wow. You are rich!

You're welcome.

Idevour
07-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Wow. You are rich!

You're welcome.

I would just like to see some new items added to the loot tabke and to see the eggs removed so they can atleast keep some value. There are very few ways that a player can earn a lot of gold to afford a set. And getting a 1-2m drop will not help much.

A dev dragon to help someone level up quick costs 9m while a 105 set costs anywhere from 15-40m. Depending on the enchants that are on them. To afford an unenchanted endgame set a player would have to drop atleast 7 eggs if this were to happen. Highly unlikely.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 02:01 PM
Two destinations emerge as the clouds part below us: the Arena of Honor... still shaking from the last realm-shattering conflict, and the Mad Mage's Castle... still full of secrets and rare items.
Where should we go?

AD&D much? :) Nice poll.

Mad mage's castle. Individual events seem ideal for many reasons. Portals in towns. Tiered event. Leave the old loot, add new loot as well - a large loot table is a healthy loot table. Increase myxx spawn rate and add an elixir for myxx as well. The event shouldn't take over people's lives for 3 days, so the thresholds should be much, much less than during the last event. Consider adding the forgotten weapons ideas I submitted to the next gold map component. If there is one this time around, stagger the gold phase to give people time to recover, starting it a week later or adding an elixir (which counts down only while in the gold map) that lasts X long to allow people to farm gold at their convenience.

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 02:05 PM
I would just like to see some new items added to the loot tabke and to see the eggs removed so they can atleast keep some value. There are very few ways that a player can earn a lot of gold to afford a set. And getting a 1-2m drop will not help much.

A dev dragon to help someone level up quick costs 9m while a 105 set costs anywhere from 15-40m. Depending on the enchants that are on them. To afford an unenchanted endgame set a player would have to drop atleast 7 eggs if this were to happen. Highly unlikely.

I see what you mean about the blue/gold eggs keeping value. Think about it this way though. What if we keep those in the loot and add more to the loot table for both myxx and from gold skeletons? If we add more loot to the already somewhat sized loot table for myxx anyways, we can increase the loot table for gold skeleton which on comprises of 3 items at the moment. Maybe add black starry/holo and then add demon lightning/white lightning mantle/egg to myxx loot table while increasing the spawn rate, then thats a balance id like to see.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 02:11 PM
And rip a little longer 5v5 ctf tourney.

February 2019: guys, since the guild events have slowed down, try to get your matches finished up by March. - Ghost

Just for the lulz ^

Hjable
07-11-2018, 02:11 PM
I was always for keeping the rare drop items rare and only have them farming able doing that one special event. But Because eggs are a part of a set I think now they should continue coming back.

Would be nice if ever event had one special drop that only for that event.

I like how there is tier so any one or guild can win. For solo events each class should have different points to reach and there own leader board. Class with out much aoe like rhino can’t get too leader board.

I also like in the past event like pocket legend last birth day we’re we could get drop items for our own levels. But didn’t like how the drops were random levels. If you want a level 10 drop use level 10 char etc

Also like the portals for events. I didn’t know when the pvp event was going to happen. I was in town in there was a yellow portal so I tried to get in and it had clear directions how to participate (get cheap armor from plat store)

I’m ready for a new type of event how about co op monster rush. So basically we enter a portal with and wave of monster come at us. After each 10 waves we move to a different floor and the monsters get harder. Oh and ever 10th wave there is a boss battle. Higher the wave the better chance of the good loot.

Instead of having points base on how many floors you make it to have it base in monster kills boss worth more and ever 10 floor the points for monsters go up.

Let us revisited some of the old boss battles. And maybe update them to have spells that have to be avoided buy getting out of range or getting close or even braking or there armor. Also be nice if there if we had some new bosses there actually have killer abilities.

Or maybe a raid event we’re we have to go threw a dungeon and everone have to use same gear like in that pvp event but have it were each class can bring something unique to the team. Like add a new temp skills that only usable in that raid. So all class are useful and fix taunt skills. And give tanks armor boost a lot that way if a group try’s to raid without a tank they wipe. And also raid boss should do good amount of aoe damage requiring mage to heal. Some boss can have tick damage and rhino tick heal would be great for that boss. Maybe even some boss heal and need to be burst down so would need to boost bird and fox damage for that dungeon to get the job done. Jus a idea

Oh yeah and everyone that enter the raid is the same exactly level for the event :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holyfuryzz
07-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Good to see another event making its way into the game! Really appreciate all the work and effort put into it! Hope to see some cool new loot thrown into the mix! [:

Hjable
07-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Oh maybe would be cool if there was a fishing tournament. So like water pops up near towns and we can fish for points and still be able to chat. Or we trade the fish in for gold to a vendor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk my pockets are empty would like another gold event

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Oh maybe would be cool if there was a fishing tournament. So like water pops up near towns and we can fish for points and still be able to chat. Or we trade the fish in for gold to a vendor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk my pockets are empty would like another gold event

...... Bizarre indeed.

llChronicll
07-11-2018, 02:34 PM
Where should we go?I say Another Mad Mage Event

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Latko and a 85 set can get you to 100 fast... Then sell both, buy a 100 set to go to 105... If you leave out the gameplay factor of cause and effect this makes sense... But seeing how we are talking about new players, they don't need a 105 set, cuz they ain't 105... They don't need a Dev because latko is nearly as good until 100...

I could mix words around all day and make great things sound horrible, and horrible things sound great... 1-2m is alot to most players... I've capped every class since 76 cap and 1m is alot to me. It's definitely an amount I'd like to have, as opposed to not having... We are talking about 10-20% of the original gold cap...

Idevour
07-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Latko and a 85 set can get you to 100 fast... Then sell both, buy a 100 set to go to 105... If you leave out the gameplay factor of cause and effect this makes sense... But seeing how we are talking about new players, they don't need a 105 set, cuz they ain't 105... They don't need a Dev because latko is nearly as good until 100...

I could mix words around all day and make great things sound horrible, and horrible things sound great... 1-2m is alot to most players... I've capped every class since 76 cap and 1m is alot to me. It's definitely an amount I'd like to have, as opposed to not having... We are talking about 10-20% of the original gold cap...

So you would rather see items worth 1-2m than to see new items worth 15+ so if a new player dropped one they could automatically buy themselves a endgame set? And idk about you but i would much ratherget a 15m item than a 1m item

Soupah
07-11-2018, 02:55 PM
A Mad Mage Event Would be nice I suggest instead of eggs make new colored wings or some type of new vanity helmet or even new dragon pets [emoji6]
Where should we go?

XghostzX
07-11-2018, 02:56 PM
And rip a little longer 5v5 ctf tourney.

February 2019: guys, since the guild events have slowed down, try to get your matches finished up by March. - Ghost

Just for the lulz ^

Quite the knee slapper lol

I’d rather have an individual PvP event!

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 03:00 PM
So you would rather see items worth 1-2m than to see new items worth 15+ so if a new player dropped one they could automatically buy themselves a endgame set? And idk about you but i would much ratherget a 15m item than a 1m itemThat's assuming the item in question has a demand, and low drop rate... The current items are part of a set thus will always have a demand.

"Wow you are rich! You're welcome!" - Cinco

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 03:03 PM
"Leave the old loot, add new loot as well - a large loot table is a healthy loot table"

The newer items will have more value, no worries Idevour.

Weirdscience
07-11-2018, 03:09 PM
I would prefer another pve event just because pvp still makes me feel like Imma have an adrenaline induced heart attack. I like the idea of it being individual rather than guild based because playing musical guilds doesn’t appeal to me. Love the idea of the forever wanted (and joked about) black starry. Thanks for the continued work on pl!

Idevour
07-11-2018, 03:09 PM
"Leave the old loot, add new loot as well - a large loot table is a healthy loot table"

The newer items will have more value, no worries Idevour.

That is what i am wanting is new loot if new loot is added and eggs stay i dont care i just want new items added

Absolize
07-11-2018, 03:10 PM
I say do the Arena of Honor event again but fix it so teaming and holding spots won’t be an issue, just clean 3-3s.

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 03:20 PM
Id still rather see a pve event because people still would rather actually have something to go for and not just sit in a pvp match for kills the whole time. Its a bit annoying to just sit there in pvp and get kills for 3 or 4 hrs without having anything to gain except kills. I enjoy killing in pvp but its not fun to do it for 3 or 4hrs straight.

Pve would keep people more interested then a pvp event. People are still after that rare loot on top of trying to have fun farming kills. Though i understand the farming kills is the same concept in pvp. I dont think it will hold up compared to pve events. Ive thought about events like this being a cycle. 2-3 pve events then a pvp event and then a solo pve event. That way everyone knows whats ahead and can prepare for it.

Dolloway
07-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Id still rather see a pve event because people still would rather actually have something to go for and not just sit in a pvp match for kills the whole time. Its a bit annoying to just sit there in pvp and get kills for 3 or 4 hrs without having anything to gain except kills. I enjoy killing in pvp but its not fun to do it for 3 or 4hrs straight.

Pve would keep people more interested then a pvp event. People are still after that rare loot on top of trying to have fun farming kills. Though i understand the farming kills is the same concept in pvp. I dont think it will hold up compared to pve events. Ive thought about events like this being a cycle. 2-3 pve events then a pvp event and then a solo pve event. That way everyone knows whats ahead and can prepare for it.

Yes, that's why I suggested the winning team in a pvp game would have a a barrel or chest spawn to explode/smash open at the end of the game and the barrel/chest would have a low chance of dropping rare vanity loot, just like in Mad Mage's Castle. Currently, we have barrels in pvp that have rare items drop like the Blood Red Plate of Legend as I referenced in my original post.

Perhaps there can be a certain loot table unique to both the Honor of Arena and another one unique to the Mad Mage's Castle as well, so that players would be interested in playing both over the course of the events ahead rather than prefer one over the other because of the loot aspect.

This would also lower the chances of people holding spots because this gives every player an incentive to win a game for the loot rather than just hold spots for points.

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 04:07 PM
Yes, that's why I suggested the winning team in a pvp game would have a a barrel or chest spawn to explode/smash open at the end of the game and the barrel/chest would have a low chance of dropping rare vanity loot, just like in Mad Mage's Castle. Currently, we have barrels in pvp that have rare items drop like the Blood Red Plate of Legend as I referenced in my original post.

Perhaps there can be a certain loot table unique to both the Honor of Arena and another one unique to the Mad Mage's Castle as well, so that players would be interested in playing both over the course of the events ahead rather than prefer one over the other because of the loot aspect.

This would also lower the chances of people holding spots because this gives every player an incentive to win a game for the loot rather than just hold spots for points.

Even then idk how i feel about a loot table for pvp. In all honesty. It should be for everyone. Not just winners. Th problem would be delaying the screen that shows you who got what kills to allow you to go for said loot.

Chill
07-11-2018, 04:38 PM
I would like to see another pvp event since we have only had one of those so far

IiRose
07-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Pvp Event!! :)

Getdoxed
07-11-2018, 04:46 PM
Pve event and instead of another new dragon set/egg color add a black or white starry?

Hjable
07-11-2018, 04:52 PM
I would like to see a pvp vendor we’re we can trade points in for items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalktrade points in for pvp items

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 04:59 PM
I would like to see another pvp event since we have only had one of those so far

We may have had only 1 so far but we have only had 1 event in between this event and the last pvp event. Like i already stated. It should be run in cycles. 2-3 pve events, 1 pvp event and 1 solo pve event. Would be expected and everyone can prepare for it.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 05:07 PM
No offense against the arena of honor as another event platorm. But, as you can see here, just about everyone asking for a pvp event is from a single pvp guild. Indeed, very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve. Take that into consideration, regardless of the results of the polls, as the polls do not reflect the reality of what will be most interesting to the player base.

Faq
07-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Pvp event!!!

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 05:12 PM
The more I think about it... The more an individual PvP event sounds like fun :)

Especially since, as people pointed out, our last event was pve.

XghostzX
07-11-2018, 05:13 PM
No offense against the arena of honor as another event platorm. But, as you can see here, just about everyone asking for a pvp event is from a single pvp guild. Indeed, very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve. Take that into consideration, regardless of the results of the polls, as the polls do not reflect the reality of what will be most interesting to the player base.

Apex, Aggravate, Restoration amongst others — I respectfully disagree. I think the vast majority of players would love a PvP event.

Hjable
07-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Why can’t we have pvp and pve ent at same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkand for gold farming we can fish and trade fish in to vendor for gold and if it’s a event that takes 15-20 hours for some class how about making it a week long event

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 05:18 PM
No offense against the arena of honor as another event platorm. But, as you can see here, just about everyone asking for a pvp event is from a single pvp guild. Indeed, very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve. Take that into consideration, regardless of the results of the polls, as the polls do not reflect the reality of what will be most interesting to the player base.Not true... For Honor I say!

Dolloway
07-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Apex, Aggravate, Restoration amongst others — I respectfully disagree. I think the vast majority of players would love a PvP event.

To add onto this: Family, Virgin, etc.

Also I think some people may be making accounts or using alt accounts to try to rig the poll, so you should take the outcome with a grain of salt. I see there are those individuals with zero posts and/or no activity for several years voting in this poll lol. Whether or not these are actual players or alt accs, I do not know, but the outcome of the poll does not necessarily represent the community.

In addition to this, we have to take into account sampling bias. Not everyone uses forums as stated before, so we are missing a good chunk of both pvers and pvpers alike.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Apparently the core points were missed?

"very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve"

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 05:25 PM

"very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve"Spam in town for people to join forums :)

If they aren't going to be a part of the community, they can't really complain. Our feedback is important to devs, so players should be active on forums. I know I've noticed a huge influx of unfamiliar names posting here also. So I'm not sure this is accurate. In fact if a few is about 3, and way more than 3 people are posting here... It's definitely not accurate.

XghostzX
07-11-2018, 05:27 PM
So a handful of forumers like to PvP — that doesn’t discredit the myriad individuals that also enjoy PvPing. I ran into so many new players during the first PvP event saying things like “Wow dude, you’re really fun to play against. I can’t wait to PvP more.”

People complained about the tiredsome grind during the PvE event. Cheers to the Honor Map :)

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 05:51 PM

"very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve"

Yes, this will benefit a small minority of people and not the community. All of a sudden people want to get active on forums when it will benefit them. I enjoy killing in pvp and yet still dont see how pvping and recieving loot based on winning is going to be fun for people who want said loot. I certainly never learned how to pvp in 72hrs nor did i learn how to teamplay in that time either.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 05:57 PM
People complained about the tiredsome grind during the PvE event.

"The event shouldn't take over people's lives for 3 days, so the thresholds should be much, much less than during the last event."

As I've been saying in all of my feedback, there needs to be respect and balance for people's time and health, the events should not take nearly as much time as they did last time.

XghostzX
07-11-2018, 06:11 PM
"The event shouldn't take over people's lives for 3 days, so the thresholds should be much, much less than during the last event."

As I've been saying in all of my feedback, there needs to be respect and balance for people's time and health, the events should not take nearly as much time as they did last time.

I’ll rephrase that. From what I gathered, the tedious PvE event actually put the PvP event in a much grander light. Players took a liking for the PvP aspect. There are just as many players who like PvP as are there players who enjoy PvE.

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 06:14 PM
I’ll rephrase that. From what I gathered, the tedious PvE event actually put the PvP event in a much grander light. Players took a liking for the PvP aspect. There are just as many players who like PvP as are there players who enjoy PvE.

Okay? So there are just as many players who like pvp as they do pve? Then why isnt pvp more active? I mean by that logic, there should be more people then the ones that people constantly see. Sure, you see a few randoms here and there at random but not as many as people think.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 06:17 PM
I see one pvp game at 105 zone right now and over 60 pve games at all levels.

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 06:21 PM
The same can be said of pve... I look for mad mage farming runs every day, and usually when I find 1 the map doesn't even fill up. 2 or 3 of us are there clearing the entire map, a 4th joins on occasion just before the boss.

When I see no maps I search PvP games, that typically fill up quickly unless it's a 5v5 map, then it still fills in a short period...

Today both Forest Fight, and the honor arena have had players nearly all day...

What you 2 are saying... From a "single guild" just doesn't match my observations.

Have some honor ;)
Okay? So there are just as many players who like pvp as they do pve? Then why isnt pvp more active? I mean by that logic, there should be more people then the ones that people constantly see. Sure, you see a few randoms here and there at random but not as many as people think.

Dolloway
07-11-2018, 06:24 PM
I see 7 pvp games, at least 10 locked PVE bot games that constantly run 24/7 in the same zone, and around 20-25 PVE normal games across all levels right now.

Also, not every game is full, so we also have to keep in mind the amount of players in each.

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 06:25 PM
60 pve games at 100+? Looks to me like 0 of these games are 100+... Mad mage would be showing right here...
I see one pvp game at 105 zone right now and over 60 pve games.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180711/29f801df0fce0983132984cddb161d69.jpg

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 06:30 PM
The same can be said of pve... I look for mad mage farming runs every day, and usually when I find 1 the map doesn't even fill up. 2 or 3 of us are there clearing the entire map, a 4th joins on occasion just before the boss.

When I see no maps I search PvP games, that typically fill up quickly unless it's a 5v5 map, then it still fills in a short period...

Today both Forest Fight, and the honor arena have had players nearly all day...

What you 2 are saying... From a "single guild" just doesn't match my observations.

Have some honor ;)

False equivalency. The reason the endgame maps are dead is because the majority dont see a point in farming a map that takes a decent amount of time to clear even with a party of 5. There is no loot worth gathering unlike 77 and 76 cap where people could find games because there was actually something worth farming.

Dont forget to check how many people run the plat maps to either level or craft gear they need or want to sell. They are way more profitable and you have people still running them to farm for other pieces as they have a better drop rate. I still farm slayer to this day for starries and its fun to grind them out to acquire them because they are still desired by merches and even just regular players that love asthetics.

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 06:34 PM
60 pve games at 100+? Looks to me like 0 of these games are 100+... Mad mage would be showing right here... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180711/29f801df0fce0983132984cddb161d69.jpg

Read draes post again. "60 pve games at all levels."

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 06:34 PM
False equivalency. The reason the endgame maps are dead is because the majority dont see a point in farming a map that takes a decent amount of time to clear even with a party of 5. There is no loot worth gathering unlike 77 and 76 cap where people could find games because there was actually something worth farming.

Dont forget to check how many people run the plat maps to either level or craft gear they need or want to sell. They are way more profitable and you have people still running them to farm for other pieces as they have a better drop rate. I still farm slayer to this day for starries and its fun to grind them out to acquire them because they are still desired by merches and even just regular players that love asthetics.But comparing pve maps 1-105 to PvP maps for just 105 isn't? Alrighty then...

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Yeah, that was my point genius... He's comparing 1-105 pve to 105 PvP... Those of us with any type of critical thinking can see that for what it is lol
Read draes post again. "60 pve games at all levels."

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 06:41 PM
The mad mage's castle is an event that even once someone achieves their desired threshold, many will keep going. The arena of honor, I recall restoration stopped at just over gold tier, and didn't bother playing afterwards. Regardless, pve is definitely, without question, the more popular choice for both an event and for the daily go-to for the overall community. Pvp is practically dead compared to the old days, and forcing people to pvp for an event won't necessarily be fruitful for the pvp scene. In fact, most pve players didn't even bother to try during the last pvp event, or if they did, got ran out pretty quickly and went off to enjoy their weekend. So, no, pvp events don't reflect the interests of the majority by any means. If you guys want arena of honor, don't forget it was added by request, you can play it any at any time you desire. But I don't see any of you, even those who also wanted it added back, bothering to play there. If the goal is to see a huge level of participation, which directly impacts the generation of revenue during events, and is inclusive to all types of players based on their skills, the choice is obvious.

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 06:44 PM
The mad mage's castle is an event that even once someone achieves their desired threshold, many will keep going. The arena of honor, I recall restoration stopped at just over gold tier, and didn't bother playing afterwards. Regardless, pve is definitely, without question, the more popular choice for both an event and for the daily go-to for the overall community. Pvp is practically dead compared to the old days, and forcing people to pvp for an event won't necessarily be fruitful for the pvp scene. In fact, most pve players didn't even bother to try during the last pvp event, or if they did, got ran out pretty quickly and went off to enjoy their weekend. So, no, pvp events don't reflect the interests of the majority by any means. If you guys want arena of honor, don't forget it was added by request, you can play it any at any time you desire. But I don't see any of you, even those who also wanted it added back, bothering to play there. If the goal is to see a huge level of participation, which directly impacts the generation of revenue during events, and is inclusive to all types of players based on their skills, the choice is obvious.Not true... I've been playing the honor map nearly exclusively for days, the maps tend to fill pretty quickly, so you probably don't see them ;)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180711/10ee480327f454ef5667241b324ee722.jpg

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 06:44 PM
Yeah, that was my point genius... He's comparing 1-105 pve to 105 PvP... Those of us with any type of critical thinking can see that for what it is lol

The only other active enough level at this point that its even worth comparin it to is 15-35. Even 35 is only as active as it is now because of the 35 tourney. 20-27 is about the only other area where activitey is comparable and even still pve outwheighs pvp.

XghostzX
07-11-2018, 06:46 PM

I mean, if we’re talking about out own personal experiences, I played a 5v5 CTF game last night with randoms and didn’t see one player farming endgame content. Players like getting vanities, that’s for sure. They’ll like getting them just as much in PvP as they would in PvE. My point being, we can’t assert that the PvP community pales in comparison to PvE.

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 06:46 PM
It's not ok to compare 1-105 pve to any single level of PvP... Are you even serious?
The only other active enough level at this point that its even worth comparin it to is 15-35. Even 35 is only as active as it is now because of the 35 tourney. 20-27 is about the only other area where activitey is comparable and even still pve outwheighs pvp.

Congeniality
07-11-2018, 06:51 PM

Yes, this will benefit a small minority of people and not the community. All of a sudden people want to get active on forums when it will benefit them. I enjoy killing in pvp and yet still dont see how pvping and recieving loot based on winning is going to be fun for people who want said loot. I certainly never learned how to pvp in 72hrs nor did i learn how to teamplay in that time either.

The mad mage's castle is an event that even once someone achieves their desired threshold, many will keep going. The arena of honor, I recall restoration stopped at just over gold tier, and didn't bother playing afterwards. Regardless, pve is definitely, without question, the more popular choice for both an event and for the daily go-to for the overall community. Pvp is practically dead compared to the old days, and forcing people to pvp for an event won't necessarily be fruitful for the pvp scene. In fact, most pve players didn't even bother to try during the last pvp event, or if they did, got ran out pretty quickly and went off to enjoy their weekend. So, no, pvp events don't reflect the interests of the majority by any means. If you guys want arena of honor, don't forget it was added by request, you can play it any at any time you desire. But I don't see any of you, even those who also wanted it added back, bothering to play there. If the goal is to see a huge level of participation, which directly impacts the generation of revenue during events, and is inclusive to all types of players based on their skills, the choice is obvious.

I think this thread has turned from voicing opinions to actively trying to dismantle any reason for why there should be a PvP event. Now you may say that I am biased towards PvP here, and the truth is that I am not, as I voted for PvE. That being said, I find the citing of PvP and PvE numbers at the current time of posting to be a little intense and overly serious given what this thread is for.

In essence, it is asking players what they want for an event. By stating that PvP is invalid, I believe you are defeating the purpose of the post. Which isn't for each side to have a debate about what more people will want, it's for people to speak their opinion for a type of event. Thus, we shouldn't be arguing with each other about which is more valuable.

Thank you to all who have stated their opinions and voted thus far, and also those following this post. I personally just love that we are getting another event, and I'm not concerned about what domain it takes place in (PvP or PvE), both are enjoyable.

Keep things light and fun guys!
Walie

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 06:51 PM
It's not ok to compare 1-105 pve to any single level of PvP... Are you even serious?

Read the end of my post. Even if you take into account any other level. The only active ones that even have decent activity are 15-35. Even then there is maybe 2-3 games at 35. 27 has a few more and yet pve still outweighs pvp.

XghostzX
07-11-2018, 06:52 PM

Arena isn’t as popular because of the lack of prizes — the community is used to using the 105 sets, so that is where the PvP resides.

It’s similiar to when one makes the argument that players don’t PvE because of a lack of desireable items — same goes for the honor map. Tons of farmable loot are part of PvP arenas in online games.

Besides, if Cinco is uninclined to make permanent farmable gear/vanities, I think the push for PvP is all the fun :)

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 06:53 PM
I mean, if we’re talking about out own personal experiences, I played a 5v5 CTF game last night with randoms and didn’t see one player farming endgame content. Players like getting vanities, that’s for sure. They’ll like getting them just as much in PvP as they would in PvE. My point being, we can’t assert that the PvP community pales in comparison to PvE.

No, those millions of players are gone and it's a very, very small community in contrast to the good old days. If maps were added as many have requested, where you can farm vanities on a regular basis, such as was done with starries in slayer, pve at end game would be a lot more active! However the old school farming ways have been replaced with events, so the game is rather inactive outside of events for both pvp and pve. But it's a fact the vast majority of PL is not into pvp, and such an event is advantageous to pvp guilds and puts the pve community at a huge disadvantage.

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 06:58 PM
No, those millions of players are gone and it's a very, very small community in contrast to the good old days. If maps were added as many have requested, where you can farm vanities on a regular basis, such as was done with starries in slayer, pve at end game would be a lot more active! However the old school farming ways have been replaced with events, so the game is rather inactive outside of events for both pvp and pve. But it's a fact the vast majority of PL is not into pvp, and such an event is advantageous to pvp guilds and puts the pve community at a huge disadvantage.Once again, not true. A myriad of pvpers joined PC the last PvP event, myself included. And a good bit of them already there PvP anyway....

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Cinco, I see you voted. Are you going to spend your weekend with us grinding to gold tier on this next event? :) That would be awesome.

XghostzX
07-11-2018, 07:02 PM
No, those millions of players are gone and it's a very, very small community in contrast to the good old days. If maps were added as many have requested, where you can farm vanities on a regular basis, such as was done with starries in slayer, pve at end game would be a lot more active! However the old school farming ways have been replaced with events, so the game is rather inactive outside of events for both pvp and pve. But it's a fact the vast majority of PL is not into pvp, and such an event is advantageous to pvp guilds and puts the pve community at a huge disadvantage.

Last thing I’ll say, that’s sort of my other point. We keep talking about “if maps were added...” How long as a community have we asked for this but haven’t seen it happen? Only reason why I find a push for PvP more suitable if cinco remains uninclined to revamp the PvE maps.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Once again, not true. A myriad of pvpers joined PC the last PvP event, myself included. And a good bit of them already there PvP anyway....

OH, it's definitely true. We observed it first hand when reborn helped PC win. Countless people gave up in despair as seen in that guild's guild chat. A pve event will appeal to the majority and allow an equal and level playing field, while not putting certain groups at a disadvantage and putting other groups at a huge advantage. Fairness, that's why dev and psyko don't work in pve event maps. Level playing field for all.

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 07:36 PM
OH, it's definitely true. We observed it first hand when reborn helped PC win. Countless people gave up in despair as seen in that guild's guild chat. A pve event will appeal to the majority and allow an equal and level playing field, while not putting certain groups at a disadvantage and putting other groups at a huge advantage. Fairness, that's why dev and psyko don't work in pve event maps. Level playing field for all.Once again not true... If gold tier was achieved, the guild was successful in the event. And if I remember​ correctly the goal was achieved with like 24 hours left in the event. That's hardly "giving up" that's winning the top prize, and with time to spare. Yes a majority stopped after the threshold was met, but it's a pve guild for the most part and a certain group of people made it not so fun with spot holders and teaming.

That's why suggestions were made to prevent that from happening again.

Fwend
07-11-2018, 07:40 PM
We are having events, lets be thankful for that.

Cinco has even given the community an option to vote.

Lets just enjoy it for what it is and good luck for those who voted, either way be it pvp or pve event, I surly will participate and have fun.

Tell your friends to get on forums and vote, be heard.

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Read the end of my post. Even if you take into account any other level. The only active ones that even have decent activity are 15-35. Even then there is maybe 2-3 games at 35. 27 has a few more and yet pve still outweighs pvp.Umm... You really are serious? Dude... You can't compare 105 levels of pve, to any 1 level of PvP... Period. It was a deceptive anology to start with...

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Umm... You really are serious? Dude... You can't compare 105 levels of pve, to any 1 level of PvP... Period. It was a deceptive anology to start with...

How is that deception of analogy? There is 105 levels of pvp aswell? The only thing that gives you that perception of "deceptive analogy" is the fact the the pvp levels work in 5 level increments

Jilsponie
07-11-2018, 07:57 PM
How is that deception of analogy? There is 105 levels of pvp aswell? The only thing that gives you that perception of "deceptive analogy" is the fact the the pvp levels work in 5 level increments

Because your keeping the PvP focus on 1 level, while including 105 levels of pve... Yes I answered your question, even though it doesn't make sense... *"How is that a deceptive anology"

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Because your keeping the PvP focus on 1 level, while including 105 levels of pve... Yes I answered your question, even though it doesn't make sense... *"How is that a deceptive anology"

I already stated that even if you take into account the most active pvp levels from 15-35. It still doesnt compare to pve players.

Xyzther
07-11-2018, 08:25 PM
Well these are some interesting argumentative fallacies I am witnessing

Congeniality
07-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Well these are some interesting argumentative fallacies I am witnessing

Staggering how much people can circulate through the same points over and over no?

Jensmage
07-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Make it Arena of Honor l61 with look alike demo sets...Chinese counterfeit made demo sets. We all have l61 chars in our closet somewhere hoping to return to it someday. Also it’s easy to reach l61. The points should be individual points. Players that reach a certain point wins gold, silver, and bronze. Prize should be access to mad maze castle to loot gold, drop vanities by killing gold skeleton and myxx with higher drop rate , and purchasable items with plat/gold.

Make them earn it lol

bglir
07-11-2018, 08:53 PM
I vote for PVE event, lets make it abit longer and a day break before Gold farming

It's time cinco make a voting booth in every town so every players can vote PvP or PvE. (Make Pocket Legend Great Again!!!):eagerness:

I vote remove amulet and replace it with old vanity egg gold, blue, and add new vanitys.

I want a Pink Little Pony shield, honestly it's time that we should have that, and rainbow horn as helm and rainbow armour.

burntoutdex
07-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Cinco, will this be an endgame exclusive event?

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 09:01 PM
I vote for PVE event, lets make it abit longer and a day break before Gold farming

It's time cinco make a voting booth in every town so every players can vote PvP or PvE. (Make Pocket Legend Great Again!!!):eagerness:

It's easily done, making a voting booth in towns. Great idea. And the results if everyone voted at an npc voting booth in game would be hilariously tilted towards pve. The forums reflect only a *very small fraction* of the in game community. If user input really matters this much, then cinco would be wise to add such a system to PL.

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 09:17 PM

I vote remove amulet and replace it with old vanity egg gold, blue, and add new vanitys.

I want a Pink Little Pony shield, honestly it's time that we should have that, and rainbow horn as helm and rainbow armour.

Its a great idea to add a voting booth in game. Make voters be a minimum level of id say 85 to vote as to avoid new accounts and 1 vote per account.

Xyzther
07-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Its a great idea to add a voting booth in game. Make voters be a minimum level of id say 85 to vote as to avoid new accounts and 1 vote per account.

That would be a good idea, I’m not sure if cinco would be willing to implement it though

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 09:41 PM
That would be a good idea, I’m not sure if cinco would be willing to implement it though

It's easily implemented and doesn't require a client update. Ezpz. Let the vote of every single active player be counted and used in any community driven decision making process. Would be reusable over and over again.

Fwend
07-11-2018, 09:52 PM
A few forum members who have replied to this thread have overlooked to vote officially in the poll itself above.

If you are using a mobile device, please choose the "standard style" view, and it will reveal the Official Poll.

Jensmage
07-11-2018, 10:02 PM
It's easily done, making a voting booth in towns. Great idea. And the results if everyone voted at an npc voting booth in game would be hilariously tilted towards pve. The forums reflect only a *very small fraction* of the in game community. If user input really matters this much, then cinco would be wise to add such a system to PL.

Difficult to control. Players will create acc to score to benifit the interest...

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Difficult to control. Players will create acc to score to benifit the interest...

I assure you, the powers that be can be very creative when they need to be. Not worried about their ability to ensure a one vote per player standard.

Yogaa
07-11-2018, 10:09 PM
I vote for pvp events with gold farming map as a reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jig
07-11-2018, 10:24 PM

It’s either create more accounts in game by 1 player to vote, or they’ll create multiple here on forums and vote, either way they can cheat the poll

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 10:33 PM
The poll and open discussion were not the ideal approach. Groupthink is real thick here and a mere 41 votes (at present, including one from PL god) do not at all accurately reflect the will of the entire active community.

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 10:35 PM
It’s either create more accounts in game by 1 player to vote, or they’ll create multiple here on forums and vote, either way they can cheat the poll

This is exactly why we said you would need a certain level required to vote (L85). 1 vote per account. Please take the time to read all of i have said about this type of system.

The same could be said about people coming out of the woodwork on forums all of a sudden from a specific guild to benefit themselves. 40 people is hardly the PL community. Exactly why a majority of people wont be heard on this matter. New people have made accounts for forums to vote on this issue and still have to wait for moderationcto approve them.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 10:38 PM
The lower participation levels and thus less revenue from pvp events will probably make them less popular going forward, coming from a purely business perspective.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 10:42 PM
New people have made accounts for forums to vote on this issue and still have to wait for moderationcto approve them.

That's true, many players have said they registered because they want to vote, but that they're waiting on moderator approval to have access. Who are the mods these days? Guessing it's the founders, haven't seen any mods in ages. Too bad legit votes won't be counted.

Engelhard
07-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Pve. More pve events to keep more people active and encourage new growth of the game. It’s discouraging when you are trying to solo on quests. A pve event will have everyone farming and keep plenty of new games up for all. The after events the pvpers will have new gear to pvp with and possibly alternate between pve and pvp events to keep everyone happy.

Islamiyah24
07-11-2018, 11:28 PM
I would like the event to be a PvE event, but i would like to see the eggs removed from the loot table (they are too common as it is) and see some new items that can be looted such as black starry/black holo. Or a new type of items that are original ideas.

I think we should get White Lightning added back to the loot table 1 or 2 more times and we should see Black Gold added back 3 or 4 more times.

Black soh and black mfa would be cool items to see aswell.

It doesn't matter to me if the event is guild or solo.

I already suggest black MFA and soh and more in the suggestions and feedback I just don't know if cinco notice already.
In event i go pve so all even low lvls can farm and experience event.
If u do pvp like the arena of honor low lvls cant experience and cant farm rare items unless you do the lower level will have arena set too so everyone can experience it.

Buchmeister
07-11-2018, 11:46 PM
Why don't we meet in the middle and have a pvp arena with a farmable boss like the elf queen map.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 11:50 PM
A real popularity test would be to do both - pvp and pve events at the same time. Same rewards. Choose your path.

Jig
07-12-2018, 02:35 AM
Wait why is this such a big deal? We just had a pve event last time, why not do one weekend pve then next pvp and rotate...?

Waug
07-12-2018, 03:06 AM
Wait why is this such a big deal? We just had a pve event last time, why not do one weekend pve then next pvp and rotate...?

IKR, some making at such a big deal even talking about town booth vote, it's just a choice, and another time there's gonna be another kind of event. We don't even need a booth in town and still we certainly (100% accuracy) say that majority of the players in pl want pve event because they don't do pvp.

Not voting because it really doesn't matter which comes first but pvp event should definitely come.

Waug
07-12-2018, 03:17 AM
Make it Arena of Honor l61 with look alike demo sets...Chinese counterfeit made demo sets. We all have l61 chars in our closet somewhere hoping to return to it someday. Also it’s easy to reach l61. The points should be individual points. Players that reach a certain point wins gold, silver, and bronze. Prize should be access to mad maze castle to loot gold, drop vanities by killing gold skeleton and myxx with higher drop rate , and purchasable items with plat/gold.

Make them earn it lol

Was pretty cool to start with but Arena of honor has some flaws and I have had this in mind for long. There can be another arena of honor (if unwilling to change current) beside current where all the sets have bit more armor/ damage stats than existing close to zero stats. L50 pink sets can be an example / parameter to start with and then latter some balance adjustment.

Major issues is that - stats get negative if debuffed, which then treat as zero making it less effective, stats being too low. So basically honor is NOT oldschool pvp, we need to make it REAL oldscool pvp.

Other than that fact I don't think we really need L50 to do pvp, can do with 105 with some adjustments. But it's a good suggestion as well if cinco want to work on that, higher level sets comes with higher dodges and we have dodge cap in place so, adjusted L50 sets could be perfect.

P.S. We can also have one L105 elites existing map pvp event after some proc and balance tweak specially changing talon proc from 1k armor 10k hp to 200 armor 200 dmg and slight nerf of dagger and wand proc.

Jig
07-12-2018, 04:03 AM
IKR, some making at such a big deal even talking about town booth vote, it's just a choice, and another time there's gonna be another kind of event. We don't even need a booth in town and still we certainly (100% accuracy) say that majority of the players in pl want pve event because they don't do pvp.

Not voting because it really doesn't matter which comes first but pvp event should definitely come.

Yeah most like Pve and want it, I agree, but still doesnt mean it’s gotta be all about Pve, PvP players need their fair share no matter what

Was pretty cool to start with but Arena of honor has some flaws and I have had this in mind for long. There can be another arena of honor (if unwilling to change current) beside current where all the sets have bit more armor/ damage stats than existing close to zero stats. L50 pink sets can be an example / parameter to start with and then latter some balance adjustment.

Major issues is that - stats get negative if debuffed, which then treat as zero making it less effective, stats being too low. So basically honor is NOT oldschool pvp, we need to make it REAL oldscool pvp.

Other than that fact I don't think we really need L50 to do pvp, can do with 105 with some adjustments. But it's a good suggestion as well if cinco want to work on that, higher level sets comes with higher dodges and we have dodge cap in place so, adjusted L50 sets could be perfect.

P.S. We can also have one L105 elites existing map pvp event after some proc and balance tweak specially changing talon proc from 1k armor 10k hp to 200 armor 200 dmg and slight nerf of dagger and wand proc.

Aw yessss L50 or 55 sets!!!! That was the best ever!

SillyJuan
07-12-2018, 04:28 AM
Cinco, I love you but I’m getting event fatigued. As an avid pvp player I think PVE events are doing just fine. Personally didn’t find the first pvp event enjoyable at all. A CTF arena of honor does sounds very exciting, not sure if the arena sets need tweaking though. Reason why I say CTF is a better option is because this really brings out the best in players. I know personally, the most fun I’ve had in PL has been in the past 2 months. Getting on discord(application similar to skype to chat/voice chat a lot of players at the same time) practicing CTF for the tourney but having fun at the same. I will assume most active players can agree with me, the strongest friendships they have built have been centered around or through pvp/ctf(apologize to those special PVE folks in advance) . CTF overall has a more competitive side to it, camaraderie, forcing players to communicate and work as a team towards one objective. Let us have something that holds intrinsic values to us. Those friendships we build through working as a team, communicating, and getting to know one another. That’s also an important thing for most common players in this game. If you do read this, thank you for the taking the time. I don’t want to discuss the current state of pvp with anyone else. Just pointing out some of the things that actually matter other than virtual costumes used for virtual characters which hold no value other than look and vanity. I’m happy to follow up on this with anyone outside of this thread, send me a PM.

Communion
07-12-2018, 04:51 AM
This thread got me shook. :suspicion:

Jig
07-12-2018, 05:51 AM
Cinco, I love you but I’m getting event fatigued. As an avid pvp player I think PVE events are doing just fine. Personally didn’t find the first pvp event enjoyable at all. A CTF arena of honor does sounds very exciting, not sure if the arena sets need tweaking though. Reason why I say CTF is a better option is because this really brings out the best in players. I know personally, the most fun I’ve had in PL has been in the past 2 months. Getting on discord(application similar to skype to chat/voice chat a lot of players at the same time) practicing CTF for the tourney but having fun at the same. I will assume most active players can agree with me, the strongest friendships they have built have been centered around or through pvp/ctf(apologize to those special PVE folks in advance) . CTF overall has a more competitive side to it, camaraderie, forcing players to communicate and work as a team towards one objective. Let us have something that holds intrinsic values to us. Those friendships we build through working as a team, communicating, and getting to know one another. That’s also an important thing for most common players in this game. If you do read this, thank you for the taking the time. I don’t want to discuss the current state of pvp with anyone else. Just pointing out some of the things that actually matter other than virtual costumes used for virtual characters which hold no value other than look and vanity. I’m happy to follow up on this with anyone outside of this thread, send me a PM.

Event fatigue? Hasn’t there only been 2 events..? With a week in between?

Dolloway
07-12-2018, 06:36 AM
Event fatigue? Hasn’t there only been 2 events..? With a week in between?

There have been four events total now, one of which provided only a mere 24 hours to rest until the next event popped up (gold farming zone reward ended after 5 straight days of farming Mad Mage/gold farming zone, then another event popped up 24 hours later).

Peeweelee
07-12-2018, 08:48 AM
Hi Cinco! Would like to suggest about the loots, i agreed to some ppl to remove the old loots like eggs and put new items/loots. I suggest if you can do a new vanity pets with cool effects or style. And lastly i just want to say i like Mad mage castle event even though i accidently vote to the pvp honor XD. Thats all thank you!

Dolloway
07-12-2018, 09:11 AM
By the way, I think Cinco's vote should count for 1,337 votes since he's an Admin and the most elite on forums ;)

Soupah
07-12-2018, 10:25 AM
OK once again I'm down for mad mage but for the loot So many people payed op would be nice if they could hold a little value. I've been talking to some people and they would like to see new vanity that can be dropped and save the eggs for events in the future.
Where should we go?

Jon123
07-12-2018, 10:39 AM
I’m one of those people. I payed crazy amounts for my eggs.Two weeks later lost over 60% of its value. I’d like to see them hold some value and not become completely worthless. It would be a waste. We have enough eggs. Try giving us new vanities. Let the eggs hold some value they are pretty. Would be sad to see them become like any other worthless item. Giving us new items make it much more exciting which motivates me to buy more plat $$$. and at the same time items would hold some value which in my opinion is actually good for the economy. If all loot will eventually become worthless why spend plat and farm. I’ll wait a couple of weeks and buy it at a fraction of the price. Items need to keep some value to them in order for people to actually want to spend $ to loot them. That’s just my opinion.

Jilsponie
07-12-2018, 11:06 AM
I worked pretty hard for my 1 egg I dropped so far total.

Hording an item, then complaining​ about it losing value is counter intuitive. Nearly every single item ever looses it's value over time. Had you all sold the eggs, the gold would be retaining the same value the eggs originally had when they were all 10m+

So essentially what I'm seeing imo, is some people have multiples from hording them and are terrified of the thought of losing "value"...

I spent hours upon hours grinding, and thousands upon thousands of Platinum 76 cap putting Savage sets on 5 toons, dex sets on 2, and ofc my first set ever, my fiery set. All of those lost half their value nearly over night when 77 cap was released. (Savage sets cost 4m+ then)

It also seems like people are assuming we are keeping the 105 cap indefinitely, meaning any future pve events would be in the same map. If a new cap/maps are released, we could never see the mad mage Castle again. And a new map I would assume would have new items. Then what would the value of eggs do over time? Perhaps what esb, ewt, and ems did? Skyrocket through the roof when people realize, no more will come into circulation ever?

Jon123
07-12-2018, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=Jilsponie;2845224]I worked pretty hard for my 1 egg I dropped so far total.

Hording an item, then complaining​ about it losing value is counter intuitive. Nearly every single item ever looses it's value over time. Had you all sold the eggs, the gold would be retaining the same value the eggs originally had when they were all 10m+

So essentially what I'm seeing imo, is some people have multiples from hording them and are terrified of the thought of losing "value"...

I spent hours upon hours grinding, and thousands upon thousands of Platinum 76 cap putting Savage sets on 5 toons, dex sets on 2, and ofc my first set ever, my fiery set. All of those lost half their value nearly over night when 77 cap was released. (Savage sets cost 4m+ then)

It also seems like people are assuming we are keeping the 105 cap indefinitely, meaning any future pve events would be in the same map. If a new cap/maps are released, we could never see the mad mage Castle again. And a new map I would assume would have new items. Then what would the value of eggs do over time? Perhaps what esb, ewt, and ems did? Skyrocket through the roof when people realize, no more will come into circulation ever?

Coming from someone who never buys plat. Most of us who spend hundreds of $$$ per event Buying plat would like to see the items hold “some” value.

Jilsponie
07-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Never buys plat? How have I spent 50k then? Another assumption... In fact you apparently didn't read very close if I noted spending thousands farming 76 cap, and you say I "don't buy Platinum".
[QUOTE=Jilsponie;2845224]I worked pretty hard for my 1 egg I dropped so far total.

Coming from someone who never buys plat. Most of us who spend hundreds of $$$ per event Buying plat would like to see the items hold “some” value.

Jon123
07-12-2018, 11:20 AM
Jil I spend 500-600 $ per event farming. Probably purchased 30 K in the last few weeks alone. If items Continue to lose 90% of the value within a week I will obviously stop farming and do like yourself cry on the forums for cheap items. This has absolutely nothing to with hording. I’m simply giving my opinion I think new items should hold some kind of value to them if people are going to continue to spend loads of money to farm doesn’t make sense to farm worthless items Again this is just my opinion

Jilsponie
07-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Jil I spend 500-600 $ per event farming. Probably purchased 30 K in the last three weeks. If items Continue to lose 90% of the value within a week I will obviously stop farming and do like yourself cry on the forums for cheap itemsThat's your fault... Bosses have the best drop rates from what I've seen and heard, and the gold skeleton elixir giving more gold skeletons slows you down... Try critical thinking. Other than those elixirs the event is free... as far as "crying for cheap items" I'd be getting the same drops so.... It's not like I'm having a double standard, sorry if you don't like what I say, or understand economics​.

Jon123
07-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Coming from someone who claims he buys plat. Is now telling me that it’s my fault and that the event is free. Tell that to Cinco who depends on people who actually spend money on the game

Mine AGK
07-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Coming from someone who claims he buys plat. Is now telling me that it’s my fault and that the event is free. Tell that to Cinco who depends on people who actually spend money on the game

He does that to everyone. If you disagree with him, youre basically wrong and according to him, you only disagree with him just because hes jil.

In regards to having items keep value. They should be alternated out and eventually taken out permanently. Eggs should stick around for maybe 1 or 2 more events and then be gone. Maybe just keep red for 1 event more then the others. Keeping value in items is part of a healthy economy and just continuing to diminish its value by keeping them permanently isnt good. During 76 cap, when starries were added. They were in extreme demand as i sold my first one for 35m after farming for atleast 30hrs. Back then runs were really slow depending on the team and combo blessings. Took up to 1-1min 30sec to finish one run. They held value for atleast a month and then started dropping into 9-10m area depending in the color. Then the skyrocketed up to 25m for atleast 2months because of demand and then dropped back down. They continued ti fluctuate alot and then when we started getting gear that helped us clear slayer faster, they dropped in price. Now with dev/psyko in the mix. You can easily farm 3 starries in a day with an easy team clearing the salyer map in less then 15 seconds. Basis of what im saying, just like jon is saying. We shouldnt keep deminishing item value on things like eggs because they are easier to farm then the other items on the loot table such as white lightning and black gold. Those have extrmely low drop rates compared to eggs. People who spend plat to acquire items in game shouldnt have their items value destroyed by the continuous addition of eggs being farmable every pve event. White lightning and black gold are extremely rare and very few sets have been made from 3 pve events that included white lightning bringing maybe 5 or 6 full sets and random pieces. While as the black gold set has 3 or 4 shields and 2 armors and maybe 3 helms? One person has the only set completed.

Waug
07-12-2018, 12:27 PM
^ Disagreeing jils for being jils has become basic forum norm.

Cinco
07-12-2018, 12:27 PM
(Savage negativity goes here.)