PDA

View Full Version : Tourney Shields Tradable?

Jensmage
07-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Should all Tourney Shields be tradable? As more shields are released into the game, more poor players will most likely sell their accounts with the shield for gold because the shields are worth a lot. If the shields are tradable, it might be possible to reduce the scams in the game.

Because a single instance in the 8yr game where a player accidentally transferred a shield to the wrong person should not ruin the Tourney Shield from being tradable/transferrable.

Absolize
07-11-2018, 08:59 PM
+1 good idea

nenany
07-11-2018, 09:05 PM
No lol .....just no

Jensmage
07-11-2018, 09:10 PM
No lol .....just no

Saying no with no reason doesn't help.

Mine AGK
07-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Should all Tourney Shields be tradable? As more shields are released into the game, more poor players will most likely sell their accounts with the shield for gold because the shields are worth a lot. If the shields are tradable, it might be possible to reduce the scams in the game.

Because a single instance in the 8yr game where a player accidentally transferred a shield to the wrong person should not ruin the Tourney Shield from being tradable/transferrable.

As to people selling their accounts for gold in order to sell an item like this.

The reason they became untradable was because of 2 particular people involved. Its also what caused the give button to be removed. Though since that is back, i agree that they should be tradable. Would be nice to see that.

Draebatad
07-11-2018, 10:48 PM
He already said no last time this was requested. Good luck.

Buchmeister
07-11-2018, 11:49 PM
I don't think they should be tradeable because it eliminates the last bit of exclusivity found in the game. Anyone could make the argument that anything account-bound could be sold off for gold. Does that mean we should make platinum tradeable?

Dolloway
07-12-2018, 01:52 AM
They should not be made tradable. The Asylum (blue) tourney shields and onward should remain untradable. We should keep them untradable so that they hold prestige and we will forever know who won a specific tournament, not so others can just buy one and pretend to be a winner.

As for your "account selling" concern, the individual in question will be easily banned if they sell their account because it will be easy to identify the person based on the shield sold. That's why it'd never be a good idea for an individual to buy such a unique tourney shield.. They'd get banned and lose anything they traded for it like irl $$$.

yannjoel
07-12-2018, 02:00 AM
I also think that the tourney shield should remain untradable. The owners got them for a reason.
The Tourney shield should be a signal for good pvpers not for good farmers/merchers

Communion
07-12-2018, 05:47 AM
Oh good, I just asked a question about this on the forums somewhere, forgot to check the answer if somebody ever did reply.

I hope it doesn't become trade-able :D

Xyzther
07-12-2018, 06:28 AM
Jen on the grind trying to make some more pl $$$

Congeniality
07-12-2018, 06:58 AM
I think it is clear what the driving motivation is here. I do not think tourney shield should be trade-able. I think it is clear that you want it to be so for the sole purpose of buying it as a collector and hoarding it or for making in-game money off of it. When ideas are brought forth for the game, I would prefer for them to be for the betterment on the community.

Let's tone down the requests for our own personal interests, it honestly is getting old and doesn't reflect well on us as a community.

Thanks,
Walie

burntoutdex
07-12-2018, 07:12 AM
Xyz and walie im out of thanks but ily both

@OP no, they should not become tradable. the shield represents a players skill in PvP, not farming or merching.Even if they were to become tradable, i doubt players would sell them for any amount of money - due to sentimentality - so please stop trying. Also lol at account buying in 2018

Fwend
07-12-2018, 01:23 PM
As much as I understand your concerns for the Black market and those selling accounts for certain exclusive account bound items such as these pvp tourney shields and humania face accounts.

I have to agree with the others.

Having the opportunity to achieve certain items on game due to winning a pvp tournament, capping fast, winning a competition etc, be proud of it. Keep your reward.

Not everyone on game should be given the choice to merch or trade these items earned by those who achieved these milestones.

Let those who earned it keep it and let it be exclusive to them.