PDA

View Full Version : Crazy idea: Blackstar Jukebox

ProSophist
11-15-2011, 03:07 PM
One cold and calm night, I was shooting the bull with CannonicalKoi in Blackstar base. It was a very boring, dull, and mundane atmosphere. The same people. The same place. The same music. Over and over again.

Then all of a sudden, an idea hit me: Why not make a Galatic jukebox?

There will be one in every Blackstar base. You can pay either credits or platinum (another way for the devs to make money :)) for every song that you choose. The song obviously replaces the background music in Blackstar base and it will last for a minute or two.

It could be an instrumental song. It could be something you can dance with. It could be a duet between Samhayne and Flip.
There probably would be a problem when it comes to using contemporary songs from today due to financial and copyright issues, but the devs may be able to host a contest wherein players get to submit their musical creations that would be applied to the jukebox.

Whatever it is, it could possibly spice things up in Blackstar and make things a little more interesting!

Epic Unicorns!
11-15-2011, 03:12 PM
That would be an awesome contest! I would enter...

ninjaduck
11-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Im thinking a boombox shield vanity that has a function to change songs. You buy the song and it lasts forever.

Contest prizes are songs/albums.

Liathea
11-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want to pay plat for something that just lasts a "minute or two", but would probably pay for something a little more permanent. Like, each song you buy gets added to your B* Jukebox and can be accessed at any time afterward.

Neat idea, could be really fun.

TsunamiTheClown
11-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Genius! But the songs would have to appeal to the wider audience, IMO. And we have a lot of cultures represented.

ProSophist
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Genius! But the songs would have to appeal to the wider audience, IMO. And we have a lot of cultures represented.

The great thing about this is that it will consist of different genres.

Obviously, not every song will cater to everyone's liking, and that is why you get to pay for a song that you like to play in Blackstar. :)

Plus, a possible contest will give the devs an idea of what type of songs we would possibly want.

Garvhoz
11-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah I could be checking out my stash and auction slots while listening to music...oh wait I already do that, SYSTEM OF A DOWN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassinya
11-16-2011, 01:02 AM
This idea has nice possibilities! Good on ya :-) +1

mugen
11-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Cool idea !
* dusts of the midi to make a song *

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

Skeletonlord
11-16-2011, 01:21 AM
Fantastic idea! You could download the song from iTunes on your device and can go up to the jukebox and enter what song you want to listen to out of your collection. 100% support this!

Garvhoz
11-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Fantastic idea! You could download the song from iTunes on your device and can go up to the jukebox and enter what song you want to listen to out of your collection. 100% support this!

Yeah +9276485130

Corpser
11-17-2011, 04:10 AM
disable sound or just music leave app and play music then re enter you have your own music :)

CanonicalKoi
11-17-2011, 09:42 AM
I really do like this idea, Pro! :) And I think a contest with players submitting their own music would be terrific. Hmmmm.... *runs off to see if you can simulate bagpipes on Garage Band*

Cyberius
11-17-2011, 09:59 AM
This would be an amazing contest! Not only do I have stuff already recorded, but I would happily compose some tracks for Star Legends. The in game tracks are ok. But mine are better! :P

In all seriousness though, about a week ago I was wondering if there was someone I could get in touch with about possibly composing music for this amazing game. The irony...

IGN: Psyonic