PDA

View Full Version : 2018-07-12 Content Update (256067)

TzatOps
07-12-2018, 03:37 PM
+ The Mad Mage's Castle player leaderboard event returns this weekend!
+ Event starts at 12am Central time on Friday the 13th and runs 'til 11:59pm on Sunday the 15th.
+ Earn 15k for Bronze, 25k for Silver and 35k for Gold Tier.
+ This time around the Mad Mage's Castle monsters give 2X points per kill (so you can save your strength for gold-farming)!
+ All victory tiers get access to the victory vendor (talk to Augey or Alfie) and the new 'Black Star' vanity suite.
+ Character-bound versions available for gold, trade-friendly versions available for Platinum.
+ All victory tiers get access to a special gold farming zone (more loot depending upon tier) for 48-hours.
+ As a bonus, all victory tiers get discounted item Enchantments for 48-hours after the event.
+ Common boss loot includes eggs. Myxx boss loot includes White Lightning and Black Gold pieces.

Shown above: the "Black Star" set available from Prize Vendor to all Tiers.

NOTE: Any character that reaches a victory tier (Bronze, Silver, Gold) will have access to the Enchantments without having to complete Augey's Level 50 quest.

Xyzther
07-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Will there be portals in town again? (Please say yes!)

Mine AGK
07-12-2018, 03:46 PM
+ Event starts at 12am Central time on Friday the 13th and runs 'til 11:59pm on Sunday the 15th.
+ This time around the Mad Mage's Castle monsters give 2X points per kill (so you can save your strength for gold-farming)!
+ All victory tiers get access to the victory vendor (talk to Augey or Alfie) and the new 'Black Star' vanity suite.
+ Character-bound versions available for gold, trade-friendly versions available for Platinum.
+ All victory tiers get access to a special gold farming zone (more loot depending upon tier) for 48-hours.
+ As a bonus, all victory tiers get discounted item Enchantments for 48-hours after the event.

Will there be a black holo to match with the black stary vanity?

Cinco
07-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Will there be portals in town again? (Please say yes!)

Absolutely! :-)

Cinco
07-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Will there be a black holo to match with the black stary vanity?

Sorry. Not this time. I am still working on it (fwiw - since the base holo shield geometry is translucent I need to come up with another graphics approach to make black look correct. My black translucent just looks like a dirty window rn).

There is a brand new "Black Star" shield. I'll try to get images of the new vanity set up soon :-)

MageFFA
07-12-2018, 04:03 PM

I did not obtain the last vendor for Enchantments so bear with me. Does the enchantment vendor allow access to characters lower than 50 who can not do said Enchantment quest? I'm looking to unlock vendor on my 35 instead of my main.

Mine AGK
07-12-2018, 04:05 PM
I did not obtain the last vendor for Enchantments so bear with me. Does the enchantment vendor allow access to characters lower than 50 who can not do said Enchantment quest? I'm looking to unlock vendor on my 35 instead of my main.

I think you have to be level 50 in order to even complete that quest. Im not sure, could possibly be changed for situations like that.

Cinco
07-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Does the enchantment vendor allow access to characters lower than 50 who can not do said Enchantment quest?

Yes! If you achieve one of the victory levels you will get access to the discounted enchantments. Updated OP with this info too. Thanks!

Hjable
07-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Thanks cinco for the event I really needed another gold farming event. I made sure my mage has pure stat set to farm another one of these event but since monsters give 2x points I wouldn’t mind running this again on my favorite class rhino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hjable
07-12-2018, 04:11 PM
I think you have to be level 50 in order to even complete that quest. Im not sure, could possibly be changed for situations like that.

I think they fix that enchant vendor were anyone can use it but can’t member were I read about that last enchantment event

Iamxmayhem
07-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Pics of new vanities when available please ? And will the gold farming map be the same as last time? And will it again be 1 platinum enchantments ? For gold tier.

Idevour
07-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Are the eggs coming back?

Mine AGK
07-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Yes! If you achieve one of the victory levels you will get access to the discounted enchantments. Updated OP with this info too. Thanks!

Any elixir for an increase spawn for myxx?

Awesome to hear that a black holo will be in the works but i appreciate the black starry. Much appreciated. I also appreciate the event. Some didnt think it would happen tonight but you gave it to us.

A few friends and i would also like the vendor to sell L105 amulets and 1h/2h weapons.

Also, is the discount for gold tier %80 again? I and others would much appreciate that

Muzzling
07-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Cinco, if we reach one of the victory tiers can we have access to vendor on alts? Because i dont have platinum to craft and i barely use the new items i get on my main, i just wish there was a way to show off my efforts on events with different toons

Rushlikeagod
07-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Yes all the same drops as last event
Are the eggs coming back?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nipunsky
07-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Looks so dope ;_; thank you so much cinco!
That gold farming zone doe <3

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Anggapsajadia
07-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Thank's for update :)

Fwend
07-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Thank you for these events Cino and the sts team, we are loving them.

Another individual farming event that ticks all the boxes, so excited.

A new black start vanity, looks wonderful. Can the previous black crown vanity complete this set as an effect bonus?

The normal skeletons now give 2 points, that is much appreciated. It will take half the amount of grinding as last time to hit 35k points, still it will be a mighty effort for those causal players with little time.

The gold farming tiers are back, it is much needed after that wonderful 80% discount off enchantments. And your bringing it back again, so many bonuses for us.

Will the prize vendor offer 105 amulets and 105 weapons as well?

We all appreciate the portals in towne for access to the mad mages maze farming maps for this event.

I feel like a little kid in a candy store, bursting with joy from all the lollies she is seeing.

3pc
07-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Weapons added to the vendor will be much needed for this event. Ive seen a lot of people complain about how hard it is to buy one for the right price.

Mine AGK
07-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Yes, ive seen several people that still need amulets and 1h/2h weapons. I hope they get added or are already available in the vendor.

Ill also be hoping to see the helm\armor to complete the qtr stat weapons for L50. Would be awesome to recieve the same set bonuse as their L100 brothers.

Peeweelee
07-12-2018, 09:02 PM
+ Common boss loot includes eggs. Myxx boss loot includes White Lightning and Black Gold pieces.

NOTE: Any character that reaches a victory tier (Bronze, Silver, Gold) will have access to the Enchantments without having to complete Augey's Level 50 quest.

Hi Cinco! For me this would be a very cool and exciting event! Becausw you give us much easier and a multiple rewards like the new vanity set, gold farming zone and the enhancement discount! Yay! Thanks a lot Cinco!

Islamiyah24
07-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Is there any new vanity that can be loot? Or just like the past event white lightning,black gold and eggs?

Xyzther
07-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Is there any new vanity that can be loot? Or just like the past event white lightning,black gold and eggs?

From what I saw I don’t think so, but the next pve event after this will probably have some new ones to loot along with the existing ones now

Mine AGK
07-12-2018, 09:30 PM
From what I saw I don’t think so, but the next pve event after this will probably have some new ones to loot along with the existing ones now

That will be wonderful to see. Expand the loot table for gold skeletons and myxx. Ive though of some ideas to do that while removing the eggs so they hold somewhat value.

burntoutdex
07-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Thank you Cinco, this is wonderful. <3

Mine AGK
07-12-2018, 10:01 PM
I dont know how often you check that suggestions post for event items. I recently commented on it with some ideas for future loot just in case you decide to do away with the lootable eggs and bring new sets of loot in for gold skeletons.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?425226-Event-Vanity-Reward-Items-Official/page2

XghostzX
07-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Any updates on a black starry? I know this is the black star vanity set; would be cool to have a recolored black starry (without the wings).

burntoutdex
07-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Is the myxx boss only available to endgame players? (last dotpoint of original post)

Dolloway
07-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Is the myxx boss only available to endgame players? (last dotpoint of original post)

All levels.

burntoutdex
07-12-2018, 11:07 PM
All levels.

Thank you!

eleven

Bats
07-13-2018, 08:08 AM
Will the prize vendor offer 105 amulets and 105 weapons as well?

Weapons added to the vendor will be much needed for this event. Ive seen a lot of people complain about how hard it is to buy one for the right price.

It doesn't seem like that anything else will be added to the vendor - only vanities mentioned. I don't think that the 'people complaining about prices' statement is a good argument - for where developers need to come in and to provide endgame elite items (usually connected to higher end prices) for a cheap price.

Turnley
07-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Will the nontradble 'Black Star' set be stashable?

Draebatad
07-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Will the nontradble 'Black Star' set be stashable?

None of the gold bought vanities have been stash-able.

Which reminds me, did the new vanities get added to the forge, like white drag, so that the gold bought versions can be crafted to trade friendly versions later on at people's convenience? Makes sense that they add all the new vanities there since white drag is already there. Just means a little revenue stream that is always available in return for the feature. I haven't hit the myxx maze or hyper maze lately to check. Perhaps someone else has?

Invisioning1
07-13-2018, 05:40 PM
That moment when you farm 30.5k points and dont get a drop:)! Yay! Jk pls fix the drop rates

Xyzther
07-13-2018, 06:11 PM
That moment when you farm 30.5k points and dont get a drop:)! Yay! Jk pls fix the drop rates

Buy myxx hunter elixir and you’ll have as many drops as you’d like

Draebatad
07-13-2018, 07:04 PM

No. It's random. Some eventually get a Myxx vanity drop for their myxx elixir expenses. Definitely not an unlimited guaranteed drop situation. But at least myxx is there if you pay.

Invisioning1
07-13-2018, 07:07 PM

Not everyone is made of plat! And btw im at 33.5k and no drops

Jensmage
07-13-2018, 08:14 PM
Spent less than 1hr and got 2 black shields and a white lighting helm. Ezzzzz

Adxe
07-13-2018, 09:41 PM
Not everyone is made of plat! And btw im at 33.5k and no drops

it's not worth farming if you don't use myxx hunter elix, currently at 68k not a single vanity drops :single_eye:

Draebatad
07-13-2018, 09:55 PM
Even if you use myxx elixir, no guarantee of a vanity. Luck hits whom it wants to hit and the rest gg.

burntoutdex
07-13-2018, 11:09 PM
Yeah, ive had myxx spwan only three times as i have no plat. Even with the spawn, the drops are random and not a guarantee

iiBest
07-14-2018, 12:07 PM
Depending on clear time, you may get to kill Myxx around 3-4 times for 15 plat, however the drop rate of rare vanities by Myxx is still very very low.

Soupah
07-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Since we get double points for the myxx skeletons we kill does that mean we get double gold from the skeletons we kill in the vault?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Mine AGK
07-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Depending on clear time, you may get to kill Myxx around 3-4 times for 15 plat, however the drop rate of rare vanities by Myxx is still very very low.

Mage is best for running mad mages castle. I got 7-8 myxx per elixir.

Hjable
07-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Yes, ive seen several people that still need amulets and 1h/2h weapons. I hope they get added or are already available in the vendor.

Ill also be hoping to see the helm\armor to complete the qtr stat weapons for L50. Would be awesome to recieve the same set bonuse as their L100 brothers.

That would be cool

Hjable
07-14-2018, 03:40 PM
None of the gold bought vanities have been stash-able.

Which reminds me, did the new vanities get added to the forge, like white drag, so that the gold bought versions can be crafted to trade friendly versions later on at people's convenience? Makes sense that they add all the new vanities there since white drag is already there. Just means a little revenue stream that is always available in return for the feature. I haven't hit the myxx maze or hyper maze lately to check. Perhaps someone else has?

Yeah I agree with this let us craft it when we get the plats . More money can go into the game and everyone that farmed and earn the tier get there tradable set when pay day come around or Allowance. Well at least some sort of ticket to be able to craft 1 set latter

Jensmage
07-15-2018, 09:37 AM

U can get ~10.5 runs/myxx plat elixir. The drop rates is way too high. ~20 runs and a drop will most likely happen. Just have to be efficient.

Xyzther
07-15-2018, 03:06 PM
I consistently get 14 myxx per elixir

Jensmage
07-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Good thing we don't hear from Reborn guild members complaining about this event for now. :P

Idevour
07-15-2018, 07:12 PM
Good thing we don't hear from Reborn guild members complaining about this event for now. :P

Well drae is now complaining that his friend (crybabyalert) isnt getting a special prize for being on LB

Jig
07-15-2018, 07:32 PM
Well drae is now complaining that his friend (crybabyalert) isnt getting a special prize for being on LB

There’s always one that complains... always needs more more more, it was their choice to waste time on getting top 5, for fame and recognition, is that not enough? I mean maybe some sort of ranking banners that are rewarded when you get a certain position?

Or then again, if top 5 do get rewards, make it so lower ranks also get rewards but lower the rewards lesser.

Jensmage
07-15-2018, 11:55 PM

Lol if there was a prize for being on leadersboard, I think the list will be different. Players really look bad when they complain about every event that STS provides. All the events that have been released, we should be thankful for an event.

I realized that it’s not the number that benefits u. It’s the drops that are the rewards. I really can’t complain about 35 vanity drops and those aren’t eggs vanities. 2k plat is probably the best pl investment I have ever done.

Soupah
07-15-2018, 11:57 PM
Lol if there was a prize for being on leadersboard, I think the list will be different. Players really look bad when they complain about every event that STS provides. All the events that have been released, we should be thankful for an event.

I realized that it’s not the number that benefits u. It’s the drops that are the rewards. I really can’t complain about 35 vanity drops and those aren’t eggs vanities. 2k plat is probably the best pl investment I have ever done.Wow

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Draebatad
07-16-2018, 12:27 AM

We want the majority of the community to be happy. If we raise our voices, the concerns are legitimate. And our concerns usually get addressed in future updates. Most everything was fixed for this event. :D

There is one minor setback. The golden and devil gaze faces were not included at the prize vendor this time - probably an honest to God oversight. I do know some did the event with those faces being a part of their reason to hit a tier. Maybe next time these faces can be added back. Overall, a very well done event. Thank you, Cinco and team!

Draebatad
07-16-2018, 12:35 AM

I don't care who are the top 5. The idea was that if someone puts that much time in, they might get something special out of it. People who attain a 5x point score beyond gold tier is quite an achievement, right? And if there was some extra incentive to become a top 5 scoring player during an event, be it pvp or pve, I can see many more people putting the time and effort in for whatever unique award might be awaiting them. It was just an idea. Thanks and gl on the prize phase everyone! Awesome event.

Jensmage
07-16-2018, 01:07 AM
I don't care who are the top 5. The idea was that if someone puts that much time in, they might get something special out of it. People who attain a 5x point score beyond gold tier is quite an achievement, right? And if there was some extra incentive to become a top 5 scoring player during an event, be it pvp or pve, I can see many more people putting the time and effort in for whatever unique award might be awaiting them. It was just an idea. Thanks and gl on the prize phase everyone! Awesome event.

If you change the 2x points per kill to 1pt, that will cut the top 5 tier to 2.5xgold tier. When you count the myxx 30pts/run, it contributes to the score by a lot. Is it consider an achievement? It depends on the standard of the person or how they see it as an achievement. Not really an achievement to be honest.

Should there be a prize for heavy plat spender during the event? I doubt that will happen.

Draebatad
07-16-2018, 01:54 AM
If you change the 2x points per kill to 1pt, that will cut the top 5 tier to 2.5xgold tier. When you count the myxx 30pts/run, it contributes to the score by a lot. Is it consider an achievement? It depends on the standard of the person or how they see it as an achievement. Not really an achievement to be honest.

Should there be a prize for heavy plat spender during the event? I doubt that will happen.

Crybabyalert and Ansemfnord, the top two leaderboard scoring players during this event, spent 40+ hours in three days. That's quite a workload. More than the typical American work week of 40 hours, completed in just three days. Much respect!

Jensmage
07-16-2018, 01:51 PM
Crybabyalert and Ansemfnord, the top two leaderboard scoring players during this event, spent 40+ hours in three days. That's quite a workload. More than the typical American work week of 40 hours, completed in just three days. Much respect!

If we are considering full time workers, then the typical American actually work an average of 47hrs/week. To be honest, no one know if they spent 40+ hours. They scored half of what I scored and I spent less than 12hrs of farming because all of my runs were with myxx/4x combo and classy. Work efficiently and the stress will be less in life.

But then...not all can run myxx and 4x combo continously...

Draebatad
07-16-2018, 02:11 PM
If we are considering full time workers, then the typical American actually work an average of 47hrs/week. To be honest, no one know if they spent 40+ hours. They scored half of what I scored and I spent less than 12hrs of farming because all of my runs were with myxx/4x combo and classy. Work efficiently and the stress will be less in life.

But then...not all can run myxx and 4x combo continously...

Ansemfnord ^

Draebatad
07-16-2018, 02:14 PM

And Crybabyalert spent 44-47 hours.

Cinco
07-16-2018, 02:14 PM
Congrats to everyone who participated!

I think Netflix should cut me a $1000 check for the days I spent watching 'The Staircase.'