PDA

View Full Version : PvE Events

XghostzX
07-13-2018, 11:19 PM
I would love to see some PvE events that emphasize team play. The scoring would still be individually-based, but rather players could get points based off how fast they complete the zone. This way, all members in a particular zone would earn the same amount of points. The trick would be to make sure that players are forced to join random instances to make sure all players are being mixed and mashed in different teams.

Just a suggestion since I don't particularly love the solo grind :)

redman9983
07-13-2018, 11:41 PM
I like that idea only thing is it would kind of be unfair if a lvl 85 got in with a group of lvl 105 but it could be a great event

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Draebatad
07-14-2018, 12:17 AM
Group parties can be very frustrating. Imagine/remember Maxx cave with unreliable team members that you carry, and all the wasted expensive elixirs due to incompetence from others. No, solo events are enough stress to hit the goal. At least solo you don't have to worry about relying upon others or wasting your time/plat trying. Look at end game myxx maps. They're dead. Need a party, rare to find a good one, or one at all. Timed events can't have that kind of liability. Solo is definitely the way to go :)

Absolize
07-14-2018, 12:21 AM
+1 for me... I hate grinding alone it’s so boring to me

Dolloway
07-14-2018, 04:34 AM
A team play PVE event would be a nice change of pace, even if it's only for one event.

Waug
07-14-2018, 05:04 AM
I want a solo bog/bayou event as it is without scaling down it for solo xD

XghostzX
07-14-2018, 06:49 AM
Group parties can be very frustrating. Imagine/remember Maxx cave with unreliable team members that you carry, and all the wasted expensive elixirs due to incompetence from others. No, solo events are enough stress to hit the goal. At least solo you don't have to worry about relying upon others or wasting your time/plat trying. Look at end game myxx maps. They're dead. Need a party, rare to find a good one, or one at all. Timed events can't have that kind of liability. Solo is definitely the way to go :)

Nahh, it would be easy finding groups with a big event. The point schematics would hardly differ from doing the map any slower lest players have trouble finding parties. The maps would be completeable by going solo as well -- it'll just prove to be more efficient working as a team. Solo is definitely not the only way to go :)

redman9983
07-14-2018, 06:56 AM
Yeah I agree with that and then the whole honesty and unreliable team would benefit you more you would get more kill points from the map they can't work well then it's kind of their fault it's not going to give the hold team points if one guy just runs through and killed everything but yeah it does get boring only thing is it kind of takes time out of it typing the only other thing is what kind of monster is it you know like is it going to be like a few you may need to work on together like that Maxx or more like the event that's happening now I would think makes them just a little bit tougher that way it kind of evens it out to where one guy can't just go in until like 5 at one time and then move on to five more as we're Birds can't really eat or get more than one person at a time they have they have that one combo so that's the only problem I can see is someone being 2 overpowered and killing more Quickly's in everyone else there it probably don't make sense really but in my head is not really coming out the way I want to make it sound so I'm doing my best

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Congeniality
07-14-2018, 07:57 AM

The maps you cite cost 30 and 35 plat respectively, the one we are referencing in the original post is free. I don't see where this comparison makes sense. Obviously maps that need 30-35 plat are going to be less populated than free to run maps. This is common knowledge in my opinion.

I personally don't mind the soloing, but when you defend it by using evidence that doesn't relate to the topic it definitely comes across as you defending your own interests at whatever cost, even if it includes throwing around random numbers and facts. I say this because it honestly makes us as a community look the worse for it.

Thanks,
Walie

Suentous PO
07-14-2018, 08:42 AM
Would be cool if you could be rewarded somehow for pulling off the different mega combos and such.

DivineMoustache
07-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Yes! Actually I’ve been leveling up through Public Games trying to regain the experiences of old PL where we would wait for the bears to group and taunt and we could chain AOE mobs! Bring strategic PVE back (with no dev of course).

Obviously it makes it a hassle for both Cinco since an event designed for groups will make less $$$ in the long run and other players without a decent network of friends to play with, but it’s worth a shot! I’d love to play this PVE event and maybe limiting it to public games only (unable to host) would be awesome and open the playing field for people?

Main thing is it could teach some people the ways the game is supposed to be played and taking advantage of all the small mechanics that the STS put so much work into including.

Fwend
07-14-2018, 10:17 AM
Sound like a fun idea.

Perhaps have the two options? Similar to the amulet event. Where you can choose to go with a party or go solo?

This way it pleases all.

Those who would like company whilst farming and helping other lower levels.

Or those who use plat elixirs and wish to solo and like farming alone without others slowing them down or leeching.

Draebatad
07-14-2018, 03:02 PM
The big spenders and top scoring players I've spoken with all agree that they would not play a group event. Not wasting time, plat and stress on carrying various inexperienced, disorganized and opportunistic players that would be thrown into the runs together. You'd have slow players and fast players, people saying "wait, wait!" and other people laughing and not waiting. People would join when the boss was almost dead and miss out, or join just in time to get to the boss without putting in a single kill. The group runs for Hall of Amulets were very, very frustrating. The above listed examples are *exactly why* the "go solo" option was added to hall of amulets, and while some may still have used the group map there, I personally don't know of anyone who had chosen not to "go solo" since that glorious option was added. A group event, while it sounds nice on the surface, would be flawed and riddled with such problems as the Hall of Amulets group runs, which is why it gets a two-thumbs down from myself and others I've spoken to about it.

XghostzX
07-14-2018, 03:33 PM
The big spenders and top scoring players I've spoken with all agree that they would not play a group event. Not wasting time, plat and stress on carrying various inexperienced, disorganized and opportunistic players that would be thrown into the runs together. You'd have slow players and fast players, people saying "wait, wait!" and other people laughing and not waiting. People would join when the boss was almost dead and miss out, or join just in time to get to the boss without putting in a single kill. The group runs for Hall of Amulets were very, very frustrating. The above listed examples are *exactly why* the "go solo" option was added to hall of amulets, and while some may still have used the group map there, I personally don't know of anyone who had chosen not to "go solo" since that glorious option was added. A group event, while it sounds nice on the surface, would be flawed and riddled with such problems as the Hall of Amulets group runs, which is why it gets a two-thumbs down from myself and others I've spoken to about it.

Would love to hear from these big spenders you speak of.

@Fwend – I most certainly agree that having both would be great. The 'big spenders' can have their solo runs, the non-negative nancy players who want to have a little more fun can do some group runs!

Mine AGK
07-14-2018, 03:39 PM

@Fwend – I most certainly agree that having both would be great. The 'big spenders' can have their solo runs, the non-negative nancy players who want to have a little more fun can do some group runs!

Looks like i can just join runs to leech off randoms that do all the work for me then? Guess so.

Draebatad
07-14-2018, 03:46 PM

You resort to calling me a person who is considered excessively and disagreeably pessimistic? Name calling in response to legitimate concerns that were raised regarding your idea? That unnecessary and disappointing behavior, Will. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Get sone fresh air, bro. :)

Congeniality
07-14-2018, 03:59 PM

You resort to calling me a person who is considered excessively and disagreeably pessimistic?...

I think that is a stretched extrapolation from "negative nancy" which in my eyes was used to say that maybe you are being too dismissive of the idea from the outset.Furthermore, negative nancy in my experience is used in a constructive sense. It doesn't have the connotation of being terrible, its connotation is essentially that you are being negative, nothing more.

To be honest, lets just tone this down a bit lol. This is getting far too serious for what was essentially just a pitch for a new, different idea for a possible event format. Stretching your imagination to make claims of people insulting you when there is little to no ground to do so seems overdone. For lack of better terms, chill out.

Thanks,
Walie

XghostzX
07-14-2018, 04:00 PM
You resort to calling me a person who is considered excessively and disagreeably pessimistic? Name calling in response to legitimate concerns that were raised regarding your idea? That unnecessary and disappointing behavior, Will. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Get sone fresh air, bro. :)

It's not name calling, frankly. I just think everyone has forgotten about the heart and spirit of PL PvE. But thank you for your frivolous attempt to criticize me 'bro'!

Anyways, I hope an event oriented towards team play can be considered in the future. Would be great to play the game it was meant to be played. There are always ways the devs can satiate big spenders, but I think there is a balance to be achieved.

Mine AGK
07-14-2018, 04:05 PM
It's not name calling, frankly. I just think everyone has forgotten about the heart and spirit of PL PvE. But thank you for your frivolous attempt to criticize me 'bro'!

Anyways, I hope an event oriented towards team play can be considered in the future. Would be great to play the game it was meant to be played. There are always ways the devs can satiate big spenders, but I think there is a balance to be achieved.

I get to leech of people. awesome to bring leeching back.

In all seriousness. The only way this happens to avoid leeches.
1. Hostable maps.
2. Mobs power adjusted to party size.
3. Solo/team options. (Though making it hostable would fix both of those)

XghostzX
07-14-2018, 04:10 PM
I get to leech of people. awesome to bring leeching back.

In all seriousness. The only way this happens to avoid leeches.
1. Hostable maps.
2. Mobs power adjusted to party size.
3. Solo/team options. (Though making it hostable would fix both of those)

Yeah, the leeching is definitely a problem. I wonder if the second option would be plausible, that's a solid idea – though I would really love to see a team and solo option.

plpr
07-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Yeah, the leeching is definitely a problem. I wonder if the second option would be plausible, that's a solid idea – though I would really love to see a team and solo option.
It is of course possible just look at prison when a high level joins whilst you're leveling the mobs instantly scale to that players level. Same concept.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Draebatad
07-14-2018, 04:34 PM
I did not put words in someone else's mouth. I reacted to what was written by said person, which seemed directly aimed at people who disagree with his idea (namely, me, being the one most outspoken by raising legitimate concerns). I also did not use a "period"/"full stop/".", which would have made it a declarative sentence. Instead, I used a "question mark"/"?" making it an interrogative phrase. There is a huge difference between the two. However, the response ("thank you for your frivolous attempt to criticize me 'bro'!") to the possible name calling concern seems to be rather heated and overly defensive in my opinion, making the appearance of an insult more real in the end.

I took the time to read and consider the group event idea and then to detail the numerous concerns about Will's suggestion, however my alternative viewpoints were seemingly dismissed by opposing rivals without critical evaluation or consideration.

In the end, I don't think anyone would disagree that the critical component of introducing a "party mode" for events would be the ability to choose to "go solo", or "go multiplayer". If this were to be the formula, one of choice, then who could complain? Beer or wine? Solo or party? Choose your poison.

XghostzX
07-14-2018, 05:11 PM
I took the time to read and consider the group event idea and then to detail the numerous concerns about Will's suggestion, however my alternative viewpoints were seemingly dismissed by opposing rivals without critical evaluation or consideration.

Your critical evaluation is all speculation, just as ours is. Your ideas were not dismissed, but rather argued against, just as you have done to my idea.

PL has always been a social game, and I'd just like to see the game back at its roots. I do want to ask – do you wholeheartedly believe that a group event is that out of sight? Can't we use our creative imaginations to resolve all of the issues, rather than shutting down the ideas? Or do you truly feel biased towards solo events because they are simply more enjoyable, or provide some sort of other enjoyment?

Congeniality
07-14-2018, 05:40 PM
I propose the next event be in groups, but we have a re-skinned map of slayer (with boosted stats) but now with Myxx. Oh, but that's not all. If possible, could we have Myxx riding a blue dragon? Maybe have a crazy look on their face? Maybe use the "Fierce" mage face with a smile instead of a frown? I think this would be pretty gnarly.

Maybe kill it 100 times for bronze, 200 silver, and 300 gold?

Let me know what you think,
Walie

EDIT: I think it would also be cool for the duo of Myxx and the Blue Dragon to both use their own abilities. For example, Myxx would wave her staff while riding the blue dragon and her spells would hit the group, while the dragon uses its fire breath and stomp thing etc.

plpr
07-14-2018, 05:48 PM
I propose the next event be in groups, but we have a re-skinned map of slayer (with boosted stats) but now with Myxx. Oh, but that's not all. If possible, could we have Myxx riding a blue dragon? Maybe have a crazy look on their face? Maybe use the "Fierce" mage face with a smile instead of a frown? I think this would be pretty gnarly.

Walie

EDIT: I think it would also be cool for the duo of Myxx and the Blue Dragon to both use their own abilities. For example, Myxx would wave her staff while riding the blue dragon and her spells would hit the group, while the dragon uses its fire breath and stomp thing etc.
I got a crazy idea. What if there is a new map made that's permanent and you can farm it with a party.

Draebatad
07-14-2018, 05:53 PM
I got a crazy idea. What if there is a new map made that's permanent and you can farm it with a party.

We've only been asking for that since 85 cap. Something like slayer. Keep people farming for vanities and unique loot at any time and at their convenience. Have a free version. Have a plat version. It's been done many times and can be done again.

Draebatad
07-14-2018, 05:58 PM
Will, there is no speculation in problems observed in hall of amulets event multi-player runs, and that the "go solo" mode solved them all. I've already taken the time to detail these problems and I've also said I don't care if multi-player mode is added to future events, as long as a matching "go solo" component is part of the system so that players can have a choice, to be able to choose their preferred path. What more is there to say on that subject? Readup once more on my prior posts if necessary, everything is there.

Josh, that's just weird. Fear not, as our PL god knows what he's doing, and what he wants to do, in regards to the core design components of these fun and frequent revenue generating events.

Mine AGK
07-14-2018, 06:01 PM
We've only been asking for that since 85 cap. Something like slayer. Keep people farming for vanities and unique loot at any time and at their convenience. Have a free version. Have a plat version. It's been done many times and can be done again.

Ive only been asking for a slayer type map requiring team work for idk 2 years?

Its long overdue and with an addition of vanities to its loot table. It would bring teamwork back into the aspect of farming

Draebatad
07-14-2018, 06:06 PM
Sorry, I meant since the 80 cap. Not 85.

Fwend
07-14-2018, 07:27 PM

Walie

What an interesting idea, I like it.

Only poses the question will this map be for lvl 76+ ? With no potions, will oktal pet bonuses of the dev dragon and psyko work?

What about the levels under 76? We want this new map inclusive to all.

Draebatad
07-14-2018, 07:46 PM

Only poses the question will this map be for lvl 76+ ? With no potions, will oktal pet bonuses of the dev dragon and psyko work?

In considering his theme, it'd make a better, no, an excellent permanent map, the new "slayer", 100+ for levels, unique chance at new vanities (vanities TBD) to farm with groups at your convenience any time, free and plat map versions. Stat pets should work there. Just like in slayer. At least, if not in both versions, at least in the plat version.

Congeniality
07-15-2018, 09:09 AM
Another idea would be what if you start out just fighting Myxx, but once you get Myxx down to say 1/4 health, she whistles for the drag which then shows up, upon which MYXX teleports out Silknight style. Once you kill the drag, MYXX returns and you then get drops after killing her.

This idea would be for a new permanent map mostly, although I think it could also work for events!

-Walie

P.S. I still want the crazy smiling "Fierce" mage face for MYXX, I think it would be super cool and give the boss some character rather than being a lifeless thing we throw abilities at.

Congeniality
07-15-2018, 09:13 AM

For levels 1-50 just have silknight riding a baby dragonet or something.
For levels 50-65, have the giant woman from Nuri Funhouse, but give her the stomp and dragon breath abilities from the Elite Red Dragon (XD!!!).
For Levels 65-76, Have the Elite Red Dragon with Myxx.
For levels 76+, have a new Blue Elite Dragon with Myxx.

Those are my ideas, let me know what you all think! :)

plpr
07-15-2018, 09:29 AM
For levels 1-50 just have silknight riding a baby dragonet or something.
For levels 50-65, have the giant woman from Nuri Funhouse, but give her the stomp and dragon breath abilities from the Elite Red Dragon (XD!!!).
For Levels 65-76, Have the Elite Red Dragon with Myxx.
For levels 76+, have a new Blue Elite Dragon with Myxx.

Those are my ideas, let me know what you all think! :)
Sounds pretty good but I think new enemies sound better.

Congeniality
07-15-2018, 10:25 AM
Sounds pretty good but I think new enemies sound better.

I think being realistic about what PL is going to get in the near future is better. I believe there is a new cap in the making, so that is likely taking 90% of Cinco's time towards PL. Thus, I think recycling things is a more realistic expectation for what we are going to get.