PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Rule in PvE

v5point0
07-10-2010, 04:54 AM
I think warriors especially the tank build (70% STR/30%DEX) is the best class to farm with or explore a dungeon. Simple reason because they can withstand damage and can take on a whole mob all by themselves, though it takes long to clear a dungeon with them, you don't have to worry about death that much.

Having said that, for all the time spent Beckoning/Slashing/Stomping, and so on. When you come up to the boss and you get a trash loot drop in comparison to the Archer or the Archer wannabe Bear aka BowBear, it is not really very satisfying for your efforts.

My question is does DPS influence a loot drop? I have a hard time targeting a boss and sometimes only realize halfway that the target line is pointed towards a mob member. I notice I seem to get somewhat better loot when I used my Archer or when I was specced as a Bowbear. I could be mistaken but these are my observations. Also would wading through a mob render a better loot drop then just running to a boss? I feel it is worth it for this reason as the number of kills/deaths you make in a dungeon influences this, again I could be wrong.

What are your thoughts?

Away
07-10-2010, 06:13 AM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't, since i've gotten quite a few pinks on my support enchant, when the rest of the party usually only got regulars.

Royce
07-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Drops are completely random. Everyone present has an equal chance of recieving any given drop, even if they did nothing but stand there and watch the boss die.