PDA

View Full Version : Pinks & Purples

Gavry
07-10-2010, 05:28 AM
I have a radical suggestion before AO3 comes out. Instead of just adding some new versions of the current Thoth & Isis gear with a couple of extra AC or DAM etc how about make different types and colours of items useable. Suggestion is as follows:

1. Have upgraded versions of the current top level pinks (Isis/Thoth) as purple instead of pink.
2. Make pinks at least 50% more rare than they are now.
3. Make all pinks actually useful. Currently 80% of them may as well be whites. Who wants to use a Legends or Mastery item right now?
4. Make a new colour category, maybe gold for the ultra rares. Give the ultra rares good stats as well. I just can't see why Blasters and the like are so sought after right now.

Making Pinks Useful

1. Have greater extremes on stats and requirements.
2. Have more mixed stat bonuses.
3. Add +Dam to items to add more variety.

Examples

50 Legend Plate
AC: 65, STR: 14, DEX: 7, Dodge: 4%, Crit: 8%, STR Required 145

50 Isis Plate
AC: 58, Dodge: 4%, H/s: 8, STR Required 165

Away
07-10-2010, 06:40 AM
I agree.
Pinks as the top ranked rarity, should at least be for a small amount of legendary items, and not just some chuck around ones.

Elffy
07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
And ya pinks need to be actually better it makes no sense that they are practically the same

Cascade
07-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Making them 50% more rare?!?! Are you insane they are already as rare as heck! Some people have had to farm for 10 hours just to get one alien blaster!

v5point0
07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Also not many people have the time to farm for 10 hours. Many have agreed that the drop rate at the moment is just about right. The majority of us are happy and trades/sales do take place. Making things uber rare and with super high stats would only favor the uber rich and make competitive gameplay unfavorable for the majority of us.

You may notice by now that people prefer getting what is rare rather then what is powerful. In someway the fact that "Oh I have this, and not everyone has this, and people are gonna look up to me if I have this" attitude is the current norm for most of the players and this is what farmers want. Rarity and Power are two separate things in this game, and it seems like rarity is valued more which is fine and I believe the Devs have done a good job by separating them. It just enables everyone a chance to optimally spec their characters which is a necessity for a better gameplay experience. Owning a rare item which only 5 people have seen on the other hand is a luxury.