PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up online games

Fwend
07-19-2018, 01:20 AM
I give credit to Fyrce for his thread

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?426609-Haha-Love-it-Cleaning-Up-Online-Games

Most play PL to have fun, unfortunately there are many toxic players who ruin this experience for others.
There are times when STS do ban these toxic players, other times they get away with this bad behaviour.

Draebatad
07-19-2018, 01:41 AM
Yes, toxicity is real in online games. Little is done about it. I feel bad for people who come into a game for any reason other than enjoying the game and getting along with others. Friendship is a strong point for most in PL, fortunately. Yet we still have that element here and there. Nothing is perfect. But PL is as good as it gets compared to those other games.

yannjoel
07-19-2018, 02:17 AM
I dont think that PL is really toxic. Coming from CSGO i was really supprised to find such an open and friendly comunity.

Just go to a town and ask a question!

Fwend
07-19-2018, 06:10 AM
There are many genuine helpful players online.

However, from my own personal experiences being bullied on PL for over 6 months on end by some particular players, I did eventually get justice and STS helped me and perma banned three earlier this year.

There are many forms of harrassment on game.

• Being female you do get some males who are just too pushy wanting some attention back, and get very aggressive and abusive when you don't.

• There is the pvp environment. Trash talking is considered the norm, sadly its unsportsmanlike and things get too heated and personal.

• Guild wars, created from pvp, even the guild events. This caused heated conversations on forum's and on game by the same players personally attacking each other and flaming each other continuously.

• Trolls. It is the same characters online who are always making fun of others in towne and open chat. Banter and jokes amongst friends is all fun and games. However is it fun when the victim is not laughing and their feelings get hurt?

• Personal vendetta's and hating on others. We are human and not everyone will get along with others. There are occasions when friendships turn sour, feelings in pvp get hurt, some one scams another. That is when people get ugly and look for and attack others online.

• There are some who are racist, bigot, sexist, those who are intolerant of those who are different online, and voice it openly.

We all play PL to have fun. Let me quote the most popular day time talk show host.

"Be kind to one another." — Ellen Degeneres

Buchmeister
07-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Yes, toxicity is real in online games. Little is done about it. I feel bad for people who come into a game for any reason other than enjoying the game and getting along with others. Friendship is a strong point for most in PL, fortunately. Yet we still have that element here and there. Nothing is perfect. But PL is as good as it gets compared to those other games.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hawkbby
07-21-2018, 12:36 PM
Although there is a bunch of bad eggs in the game, you can also mute them. No offense but this game revolves around what you want it to. That is the price for socializing in general, there will always be bad social activities, but at least STS gives you the option to mute, and report. Which I find effective. Sorry to hear your going thru some bad run ins with toxic players, but the best thing you can do is mute them, report if needed be, and move on from it. As Drae even said, friendship plays a role in this, so if your friends accept this toxic behavior, are they really your friends? Best of luck in your future encounters.

Jilsponie
07-21-2018, 01:09 PM
Although there is a bunch of bad eggs in the game, you can also mute them. No offense but this game revolves around what you want it to. That is the price for socializing in general, there will always be bad social activities, but at least STS gives you the option to mute, and report. Which I find effective. Sorry to hear your going thru some bad run ins with toxic players, but the best thing you can do is mute them, report if needed be, and move on from it. As Drae even said, friendship plays a role in this, so if your friends accept this toxic behavior, are they really your friends? Best of luck in your future encounters.That's a really good article. It points out that many developers have an option to mute individual toxic players. That essentially gives them an advantage due to communication in open chat. For example in pl, if particular bullies know someone has them muted, they can openly discuss strategies for ruining the game for whatever particular players without the need for even /g let alone PM's to players outside their guild.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Fwend
07-21-2018, 04:42 PM
Jilspone just mentioned one way these toxic players continue to spread hate.

The mute function is your friend and stops those toxic players from bothering you on that particular character alone.

It does not stop them from voicing their opinions on others in open or guild chat. Thus causing more grief and harm.

Nor does it stop them from going on different characters to bully more. Some even resort to new random character names and accounts to do this.

I applaud Ubisoft for their new ban system.

Online bullying is something that needs to be given a voice and stopped. Unfortunately witnessing the effects of this leads to extreme cases and suicide.