PDA

View Full Version : shamrock elixir

Elyseon
11-16-2011, 12:04 AM
So i give this thing a try after no success with it the old way, i run through the crypts to the 3 level in mt fang, and the do final boss a second time, this whole time i never rerolled once or even attempted to, i was thinking i maybe bought the broken mirror elixir by mistake, but then w/ 3 min left( i figured there wouldnt be enough time for another fang boss) i went to help my friend lvl his twink in AO3 like all of my drops rerolled into greens for the remainder of my elix. So it works...but not in Mt Fang? I dont understand w/ i basically got cheated out of 20 plat. I dont know if u intended it to not work in Mt Fang which is the only place i would use it, or if this is a serious bug, throwing away 20 plat for nothing is not what most enjoy, so if it was intended this way maybe put a warning on it or just dont apply that elix while in Mt Fang.

Abagatan
11-16-2011, 10:43 AM
I noticed the same with regards to mount fang. Was going to post as glitch that it wasn't working properly.

Elyseon
11-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Ive only used in Mt Fang and AO1 so Im not sure of results elsewhere

im4broke
11-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I had the same problem and just sent an email to support. Today I just bought for the first time the Shamrock elixir and the whole 30 minutes went without the first re-roll...and after some thought, I have been using other combo elixirs (and in dungeons with others on combo elixirs) and not seen the first re-roll. Now I'm feeling I have lost lots of opportunities on re-roll because it did not happen...probably several hundred plat since Mt. Fang!

Ixillicus
11-16-2011, 04:56 PM
I get the occassional re-roll in Fang if I use a Combo Elix. I also purchased a Shamrock elix after the update and did not get one re-roll the entire time.

Elyseon
11-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeh i wish they would tell whats up with this

Register
11-16-2011, 08:09 PM
If you email support (support[at]spacetimestudios.com, replacing [at] with @), STS might refund you of your plat, because in a way, you did not get what was advertised. But Im sure its a bug, and it will be fixed eventually (:

JaytB
11-16-2011, 08:38 PM
I heard a lot of people saying exactly the same as the OP. That's basically the reason that I didn't try it yet. It was said somewhere on the forum (by a dev) you'd ALWAYS get a reroll and get an item of 1 rarity class higher. They explained it like, if you get a green, and the mob/boss is capable of giving rarer items, you would at least get a purple. That's how I understood it at least. But running with friends showed it didn't seem to work that way. So, either something is wrong or I misunderstood the way that elix would work. I'd love to hear the reaction of STS about this because, obviously, a lot of people feel like the elix is absolutely worthless.

Elyseon
11-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Yep thats how i understood and no rerolls at all :(

Ixillicus
11-16-2011, 09:04 PM
This is the post being referred to.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?85-How-Luck-Enhancers-Work

I asked question but never got a reply...

If it only gives one rarity higher,.. that would imply the re-roll could only be for a pink if your drop was a purple. So far I've seen fewer purples drop than pinks, so it seems the old system would be better... because regardless I got a 2nd chance at a pink. With the new system and lack of purples... the only way it would be Possible to get a pink would be if it were on the first roll.(defeating the purpose of the re-roll.)

Fusionstrike
11-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Just to add to this, I've noticed the same behavior for the big luck as well. That is, not a single re-roll message since Fang came out. So it looks like the "luck" system overall is broken in some way. There's nothing in the release notes indicating that luck system was changed, so hopefully a dev will comment on what's going on.

Elyseon
11-17-2011, 04:52 PM
I contacted support, but I haven't heard any explanation yet

MoarPewPew
11-17-2011, 05:44 PM
I put on a 100% luck too. And i do not even get "Im feeling lucky" Been just seeing oranges and greens past few runs. I have 17 min left on it.

Elyseon
11-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Yeh pretty sure theres a flaw with it
Wish a dev would give feedback
*hint* *hint*

Fyrce
11-17-2011, 09:58 PM
I've had recent re-rolls, even to a pink, though I'm not sure whether it was the thrasher or my Big Luck. I haven't tried the 100% one yet, but that sounds buggy.

牛丼が好き
11-24-2011, 03:23 AM
It's definitely bugged. . I wasted 40 plats on them testing . I hope we get some sort of refund for this .

Got screenshot to support as well .