PDA

View Full Version : ok im back and i have something to say...

ilikeminticecream
11-16-2011, 12:47 AM
all right i have been gone for quite a bit. my family member messed up my password and not to mention skyrim had me say good bye to my social life. even after i posted up a post asking for help to retrieve my password, i still havent been on.the reason why you ask? platinum. im 15 years old and as yoou can probably tell, i dont have a credit card. i was only able to get the platinum armor set because my older brother plays this and he let me borrow his card. ive seen the new engi plat armor and i want it. but guess what? i cant has. i dont have a credit card. so i was thinking, why not make every thing fair to all players. a 5 min exp elixer is fine but its no were NEAR enough, so why not( drum roll please ) give all users 5-10 platinum a month as to keep everybody even and we preped for pvp and future raids. it makes me sad knowing i wont be able to run around in new and cool armor just cuz im 15. so come on sts, i think im giving a good enough idea that should at least be considered. not all of the players for pl and sl are over 18 and have credit cards. ive even seen a couple cases were some people call others poor,noob, or bum just because they have 0 plat. i think its fair that we all get a piece of the prize(plat). please sts, please, think about the children. think about those who have no credit cards.

with great love and gratitude,
Arahaz

p.s. javier (if im writing that right lol) i am not a girl XD i am a boy who just so happens to like mint ice cream.

Ellyidol
11-16-2011, 12:53 AM
You can obtain the equivalent (or better) of the platinum armors without the use of platinum at all. That's why people farm bosses, crafting materials, etc, to get these armors.

If I'm not mistaken, don't you have access to Tapjoy for free platinum also? I'm sure a lot of free platinum is sent out using this feature, amounting to thousands to tens of thousands of dollars.

Just to put it into context, if STS were to give out free platinum (let's say 10) a month to thousands of active/semi-active accounts, that would mean they are giving away thousands of dollars of revenue. Thousands of dollars of revenue that pays for bills, salaries, and rent.

In the end, you can still obtain anything you want in the game for free. You might want to check out some of the Twitter/Official contests that STS has been hosting lately, you may just get lucky and win :)

javier995
11-16-2011, 12:58 AM
all right i have been gone for quite a bit. my family member messed up my password and not to mention skyrim had me say good bye to my social life. even after i posted up a post asking for help to retrieve my password, i still havent been on.the reason why you ask? platinum. im 15 years old and as yoou can probably tell, i dont have a credit card. i was only able to get the platinum armor set because my older brother plays this and he let me borrow his card. ive seen the new engi plat armor and i want it. but guess what? i cant has. i dont have a credit card. so i was thinking, why not make every thing fair to all players. a 5 min exp elixer is fine but its no were NEAR enough, so why not( drum roll please ) give all users 5-10 platinum a month as to keep everybody even and we preped for pvp and future raids. it makes me sad knowing i wont be able to run around in new and cool armor just cuz im 15. so come on sts, i think im giving a good enough idea that should at least be considered. not all of the players for pl and sl are over 18 and have credit cards. ive even seen a couple cases were some people call others poor,noob, or bum just because they have 0 plat. i think its fair that we all get a piece of the prize(plat). please sts, please, think about the children. think about those who have no credit cards.

Arahaz

p.s. javier (if im writing that right lol) i am not a girl XD i am a boy who just so happens to like mint ice cream.

There is the option to get free plat. I'm 16, so I know where you're coming from. Also having a single mother makes it that much more difficult to spend money on the game. What I do is save up money and pay my grandfather, so I can use his. Also I have two other options(which I might use); buy a GreenDot card(prepaid visa) at Walmart or Walgreens, or get an iTunes gift card. I just gave you three ways to get plat without the use of a credit card. Hope you will do one of those.

On another note.
Was the P.S. meant for me? If it was u have no idea what you mean.

Edit: Exactly what Elly said also. I totally forgot about the contests. Haha

mugen
11-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Don't feel bad mint I'm an older player and can't afford (family and baby)plat but the game is so enjoyable without it that i don't stress. Make good friends in game and thats all the "plat" you need.
What other game can you play like this absolutely free?!!?!?!

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

Killerade
11-16-2011, 03:26 AM
you don't really need a credit card to buy plat. What i do is buy itunes gift cards then use them to buy plat(i do have a credit and debit card but I don't really like purchasing stuff online). U can only do this if yur using an iphone, ipad, or ipod touch i think.

BodMaster
11-16-2011, 05:02 AM

Arahaz

Hey buddy, I havent got any Plat sets at 35 all i got was from hardcore farming sessions :D (Plus the Epic looks better :p)

As Elly said, check out the TapJoy offers. Go to Plat store, in right hand corner it says 'Free Plat offers' Just follow the instructions on screen. Usually just downloading another app opening that app and playing on it for a 30 sec-3mins (depending on what the instructions say). Some you can just open the app and you recieve the Plat when you log back in.

And welcome back! You've been missed :D

Ardon
11-16-2011, 07:46 AM
And every week on star legend's twitter they have a contest for 30 plat.

Its usually a question and the top 3 replies win.

And as stated above, there's lots of ways to get plat without a credit card.

And as for those players who call you poor for having no plat. Pay them no attention. Having plat doesn't make you a better player. Just show them up when pvp is released :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CanonicalKoi
11-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Not to forget that if you want set bonuses (or nifty sparklies), you want customized drop gear--you won't get either of those with the plat gear. And if you're gearing up for the possibility of PvP at some point, a set bonus could be a very good thing, indeed.

TsunamiTheClown
11-16-2011, 12:09 PM
please sts, please, think about the children.

Im sorry this is great.

ilikeminticecream
11-23-2011, 09:45 PM
ah sorry for late post, as i said skyrim i my new drug and i am HOOKED. alright i play on android so i cant use the itunes thingy card for my plat. and the tapjoy offeers dont give out much plat less you buy another game or subscribe to netflix or gamefly.
oh and javier (if im spelling that right lol) i posted a forum post about my family member thinking sl was a spelling game and erased me pass and u thought i was a girl Xd

Iron Hand
11-23-2011, 11:56 PM
hey friend do not forget you can also obtain platinum by downloading free apps on android or iphone. just install the free app then open it then exit the app and delete... then wahla!!! go back to sl and there is some free platinum. it is a little time consuming but i was able to obtain about 55 platinum from free offers. check back with it every so often as they add new ones anywhere from 1 to 3 platinum for each free app u download and open. the best armor and weapons though come from boss drops, auction and/or friends buying with gold credits or trades..... most all of my gear was bought this way. i do have titan tech armor bought with platinum that i got from the free offers but the custom titan tech armor has much better bonuses and can only obtain from drops and using recipes to build or buying the pieces with gold credits.

Skeletonlord
11-24-2011, 12:05 AM
This is a very long method

Iron Hand
11-24-2011, 12:16 AM
This is a very long method yes lol you do have to work for it but hey if you really want something that requires platinum the ability to get it without paying for it is well worth the work.

javier995
11-24-2011, 01:12 AM
ah sorry for late post, as i said skyrim i my new drug and i am HOOKED. alright i play on android so i cant use the itunes thingy card for my plat. and the tapjoy offeers dont give out much plat less you buy another game or subscribe to netflix or gamefly.
oh and javier (if im spelling that right lol) i posted a forum post about my family member thinking sl was a spelling game and erased me pass and u thought i was a girl Xd

Ahhh I'm sorry sir! Well as you can see, I too play on an android. I believe you can buy the plat and it gives you the option for it to be on your monthly bill.

Kakatoa91
11-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Clearly dont bother getting closed to people who call you nub for not being able to afford heavy plat. If you keep hearing that your circle of friend is wrong.

But you need to change also your attitude.
The game is free... and you want sts giving you more plat, their source of income, every month? You got tapjoy offer already doing that.

Like many said, you dont need to have plat to enjoy fully the game.
(keep on mind that there are adults and kids who dont have even chance to play because they cant afford device or computer)

If your goal is just to look cool by using plat stuff work on it. Be smart. Dont just complain because you are just a 15 yo kid. There always a way.

If u live in usa, you have prepaid type of credit card available.

In PL, lots of people and kids your age manage to get insane amount of free plats.
And got all plat store stuffs for free then.

I got already around 140 free plat from tapjoy since I started SL.

You are playing on android?
You surely have a friend or a family member who have an OS device you could borrow for 5 minutes.
You can create an apple account, dowload SL, charge it with itune card and buy plat.
You could even dowload some free plat tapjoy offer if they let you.
Or you could go in an Apple store and do this. All their devices pad/pod are connected to internet generally.

Kahlua
11-24-2011, 05:41 AM
I make the same suggestion, only in a much more thought out and detailed way, and he gets like 10 more replies than I do -.-

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I make the same suggestion, only in a much more thought out and detailed way, and he gets like 10 more replies than I do -.-

Lol! We are all trying to help him find a good way of dealing with his 'Plat' problems.. not agreeing to his OP suggestion :p