PDA

View Full Version : People complaining about pink drops

serprus
11-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Please stop. Seriously, they are pinks for a reason they are supposed to be near impossible to get and very few people have them. It adds drive for people to get them. If everyone suddenly got them, what purpose would people have to play till the next content release? If you want them that bad, farm for them like everyone else. It is not that hard.

I just hate hearing people complain saying "pinks are to hard to find". People, there pinks....not greens :)

PLUR

Kahlua
11-16-2011, 06:45 AM
People are complaining about the luck elixir being a scam basically. Not that pinks are rare.

Cahaun
11-16-2011, 07:01 AM
If people read the forums they wouldn't complain as much. :/

Xaphan Fox
11-16-2011, 07:06 AM
My biggest beef is that everything is rarer now across the board. Doing 10+ boss runs to get nothing but orange is absurd. Even the purps are rarer, just in time for our new luck elixirs!

I have zero problem with grinding or rare items.

I have hardly any problem with micro-transactions.

I have a problem when new content seems geared to strongarm me into really really wanting to buy plat.

I'm still laughing my furry widdle tail off about a 500 plat aesthetic pet...

Testament - Victory Engineer
Sparkling Pwnies Pet/Mascot

TsunamiTheClown
11-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Ah the real problem is not that the elixirs are a scam, it is that, apparently, ppl have trouble with basic mathematical probability and calculating a cost vs benefit ratio.

In my understanding buying the 30 min miners 'enhancer' is not mathematically much different than getting just one more shot at a good drop per run. It does :lightening: ***NOT*** :thunder: increase your base luck. You simply get two rolls per drop and get to keep the better of the two. Thats it ppl.

Additionally, considering if you don't switch to a juiced up alt right before the boss and simply buy the enhancer right before you KO the mystery dude, you may at best get like 3 real usages out of the elixir if your running with a tight crew and immediately remake the lvl. If your character switching i would like to know how many boss killz ppl net- i haven't tried this.

So if 30plat (or 20 or whatever it is selling for) is worth that kind of underwhelming bonus for you, by all means do it!

There are reasons why some ppl spend money on lottery tickets. Look folks, they are looking at way, way, way more infinitesimal odds at winning, and conversely, a sure bet at losing. But they do it every day.

***edit
According to the patch notes thread the above applies to the old version of the enhancer, the new version does grant a base loot drop bonus. Read it for more info.

Kahlua
11-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Chowny the "scam" is that it was advertised as "a better way to get the new pistols." This meant that these new enhancers would work towards the new drops, even though the odds are still very very small, a 100% reroll is a 100% second chance.

The "scam" is that this is NOT the case, and these pistols are on a whole different drop wheel, and as of right now appear to NOT be effected by luck elixirs. The Devs won't verify this; they instead say they're working with the system and updates will be posted...but if everything worked as originally planned, there would be nothing to tinker with :p