PDA

View Full Version : Help me name my new bird!

Olz
11-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Hi guys could someone plz come up with a cool bird name it would be mist appreciated ATM I don't have any ideas so that's y I came to the forums.
If you have any ideas plz can you share. Thank you!

Olz
11-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Ok no one

Samhayne
11-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Olz, by just having a title for your post of "HELP!" it was a little bait and switch, which is probably why you didn't get any initial replies. It came off like you were begging, which is annoying.

I changed your title to what you are really looking for, a new name for your bird character. You'll probably get some input if you start off with describing what you are thinking about for names for your character. That would give someone who wants to help you with the naming aspect some data to go on.

Once you get chatting about names, that would let other people get to know you, make some acquaintances who then might be willing to meet you in game and play with you, which would make leveling your bird more fun. That's a much better way to go about it rather than just demanding people help you, which as I mentioned before, comes off like your begging.

I hope that helps.

Olz
11-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Olz, by just having a title for your post of "HELP!" it was a little bait and switch, which is probably why you didn't get any initial replies. It came off like you were begging, which is annoying.

I changed your title to what you are really looking for, a new name for your bird character. You'll probably get some input if you start off with describing what you are thinking about for names for your character. That would give someone who wants to help you with the naming aspect some data to go on.

Once you get chatting about names, that would let other people get to know you, make some acquaintances who then might be willing to meet you in game and play with you, which would make leveling your bird more fun. That's a much better way to go about it rather than just demanding people help you, which as I mentioned before, comes off like your begging.

I hope that helps.
Thanks Sam your a star

javier995
11-16-2011, 11:22 AM
What type of bird are you going to have? Also will it be for pvp purposes, farming, pve, or anything?

Olz
11-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Full dex um PVP and PVE and farming.....lol

javier995
11-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Olzkillsunow
Olzbefarming
Olzbemurderin
Olzwillkillu
Olzdontsleep
Olzlikespinks
Olzwearspinks
Readyforolz
Killerolz
Olzpvpsnow
Olzfarmsnow
Olzdontlie
Olzwontdie
Olzisgodlike
Olzwillwin
Winnerolz

Some random names lol

Actona679
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Great suggestions, Javier! Every one of those names is a good one.

My only two cents about name creation would be to definitely have a name that is memorable. i.e. says something about your character or is actually a proper type of name. There are so many silly and fun names in PL. They are easy to remember. The randomly generated names at the beginning character creation are horrible! So many vowels and nonsense syllables. And all so similar to one another. Be unique!

javier995
11-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Great suggestions, Javier! Every one of those names is a good one.

My only two cents about name creation would be to definitely have a name that is memorable. i.e. says something about your character or is actually a proper type of name. There are so many silly and fun names in PL. They are easy to remember. The randomly generated names at the beginning character creation are horrible! So many vowels and nonsense syllables. And all so similar to one another. Be unique!

Thanks! Sadly I did not see the name your own character option, when I started playing PL. Although many know me by Rao(I'm Raokareosa), I had made quite a name for myself. :)

Actona679
11-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks! Sadly I did not see the name your own character option, when I started playing PL. Although many know me by Rao(I'm Raokareosa), I had made quite a name for myself. :)

Ugh. See what I mean? SIX vowels in that name! How can someone use that "Add Name" options on the Friends list if they can't remember how to spell the name? It's a nice name. Just difficult to spell. Maybe your next characters can all start with "Rao" or "Raoka" so people can guess it is you?

Battlelock
11-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Crunchycrow
Soursparrow
Threetalons
Elfester
Bearbasher
Fethrfrenzy

Olz
11-16-2011, 12:21 PM

Olzkillsunow
Olzbefarming
Olzbemurderin
Olzwillkillu
Olzdontsleep
Olzlikespinks
Olzwearspinks
Readyforolz
Killerolz
Olzpvpsnow
Olzfarmsnow
Olzdontlie
Olzwontdie
Olzisgodlike
Olzwillwin
Winnerolz

Some random names lol
Thanks but I'm trying to stay away from olz

Olz
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Crunchycrow
Soursparrow
Threetalons
Elfester
Bearbasher
Fethrfrenzy
Nice unfortunately none appealed for me

javier995
11-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Ugh. See what I mean? SIX vowels in that name! How can someone use that "Add Name" options on the Friends list if they can't remember how to spell the name? It's a nice name. Just difficult to spell. Maybe your next characters can all start with "Rao" or "Raoka" so people can guess it is you?

Actually in PL I decided not to use that name. I made a twink(I just remade it), and named it what I wanted through name to orginall be. It's name is Javiermadriz, my main's name in SL.

Thanks but I'm trying to stay away from olz

Hmm I'll think of more. Funny or serious?

Olz
11-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Serious plz

Olz
11-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Guys which has a better ring to it

Redsaber
Bluesaber
Darksaber
Blacksaber
Greensaber

javier995
11-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Guys which has a better ring to it

Redsaber
Bluesaber
Darksaber
Blacksaber
Greensaber

Redsaber
(I read them so fast it sounded like saviour. Lol)

Olz
11-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Ok got my name redsabor thanks for help

ExperimentNebulaCore
11-16-2011, 12:45 PM
You should be named "helpnamebird" :p

Oh nvm -__-

zeusabe
11-17-2011, 02:49 AM
Funny names are better...;D games are for fun after all. Name your bird, BigBirdieWoWi :D

Barbamitsos
11-17-2011, 04:58 AM
icanblast