PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Discussion on Campaign Layouts

Whirlzap
11-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Advanced Discussion on New Campaign Layout

Alright, so I wanted everyone to talk about this earlier today.
First of all, I don't have any Developer Confirmation about this. Just an assumption with some evidence and some ideas/thoughts as a follow-up.

So Mount Fang has JUST been released and I see that many of its features are pretty similar to Nuri's Hallows.
I'm not mad or anything about this, but actually pretty happy that this is just a new version of what we have been seeing the last 2-3 months. I want to see what the other opinions are on this.

So here's what I'll state:
Mount Fang has the same pink names/categories. That meaning two different premium pink sets for each class. It looks like the premium items have the word "Chiropeta." (Correct me if I am wrong.) Only one of these premium pink sets give a set bonus, and then can be crafted hy Dark Blacksmith. This resembles the Person Blacksmith and Glyph Ses from Nuri. Again, we have scaled pinks, with intervals of 2 levels, at 61 and 63, comparing to Nuri's 56 and 58. We have again five campaigns and one bonus dungeon unlockable from completing the first five. We have a mini-boss and different bosses wth different strategies needed to defeat them. We also have a level 66 or hardcore cap vanity given by Fallen Prince.
There are many other similarities that I will not state.*

From what I can see, I believe the reason for STS's fast release of Mount Fang and fast release of future campaigns is because they can just follow this layout introduced from Nuri's Hallows and just modify the names with each content update. I think STS wants the game to be more simple and easier to plan and graph. In this way, they can also be sure to have new content updates with less errors, because they have, in theory, already released the content layout. There could also be negative opinions about this.

So, discuss. What do you think?