PDA

View Full Version : Regarding vanity weapons

Gaunab
11-16-2011, 03:35 PM
No, there are no vanity weapons ingame so far.
But since there already is an inventory slot for them, I assume they will be introduced to this game sooner or later.

There are some issues that I see with vanity weapons:

So far we have vanity helms, armors and shields, which hide the actual equipment.*The only thing left visible is the weapon.

In most cases you can figure out what someone is wearing exactly, since most people use sets, which can easyly be recognized by the weapon only.

If there would be vanity weapons, you wouldn't be able to see at all what kind of weapon somebody is using, you could only see his class.

In PvE I assume this would be no great problem, since you could always check the equip by the "give" function, and it doesn't really matter how the person is skilled.

But I don't see how this should work out in PvP!?

You wouldn't be able to differ if you are fighting a Dexmage, an Intmage or a Pally! Or imagine you see a bird running towards, but you have no idea if you are facing a dex or a strbird! All of these classes need very different approaches to kill them.

So I want to make some suggestions (for when vanity weapons are released):

- Disable them for PvP!
Simply to avoid all this confusion...

-Make them so you can see what weapon, or at least what kind of weapon the person is wearing under it.

Has anyone else thoughts on this?*

Rare
11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
There's a vampire stake in the plat store.

Edit: Nevermind... the vampire stake is... a shield for some reason.

Ellyidol
11-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Vanity weapon types should only work with the same actual weapon types.

Vanity bow = real bow, vanity sword = real sword, and so on. It wouldn't make sense to wear a vanity staff only to be wearing a bow, or a vanity bow only to be wearing a staff.

Xazic
11-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Vanity weapon types should only work with the same actual weapon types.

Vanity bow = real bow, vanity sword = real sword, and so on. It wouldn't make sense to wear a vanity staff only to be wearing a bow, or a vanity bow only to be wearing a staff.

Exactly what i thought STS would make...

LordEspe
11-16-2011, 04:25 PM
It could be like the vanity shield! It changes looks depending on the type of class that wears it ! I'm talking about the gratitude shield. Bear=shield, bird =wing and Mage=bracer!

Onaraasider
11-16-2011, 04:57 PM
there is a devil trident from halloween pack.dex,int, and str version.

Onaraasider
11-16-2011, 04:59 PM
vanity weapon is just for show guys, your real weaponed is equiped underneath

Gaunab
11-16-2011, 05:00 PM
there is a devil trident from halloween pack.dex,int, and str version.

As far as I'm concerned the pitchfork is just a regular weapon and no vanity. :)
I have got the Int one (I didn't know there were str/dex versions :O ) so I'm pretty sure about this.

StompArtist
11-16-2011, 05:01 PM
It has to be vanity of similar types. Just like a vanity shield doesn't show if you have a bow...