PDA

View Full Version : Alternative weapon(s) for mages to use? And more.

Rauitri
07-27-2018, 05:29 AM
Thread close due to pointless arguements. Ty all!

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

deathhbringer
07-27-2018, 05:33 AM
As a mage there is no weapon for us to use in raid maps atm only rogues does damage and wars take damage from boss no one wants us in raid anymore and new ancient weapon is too weak for mages to use hope they release new arcane weapons fast or i quit as mage and go create war

Rauitri
07-27-2018, 05:44 AM
As a mage there is no weapon for us to use in raid maps atm only rogues does damage and wars take damage from boss no one wants us in raid anymore and new ancient weapon is too weak for mages to use hope they release new arcane weapons fast or i quit as mage and go create warWell, we did have the moment of being the best which is in mauso, that moment lasted for 1yr and a half. In those moments, we were actually shutting out rogs and some warrs, thus them suffering.

Im not sure, but I think we are now getting karma xd. But we could always go to esg. Ty

Ajcheisnj
07-27-2018, 06:12 AM
STS should release a %health weap for Every class so anyone can be usefull
Eg: a weapons that can proc a -4.5% health debuff evey second for 2 seconds or so.
Idk STS would know how to balance them

Xxkayakxx
07-27-2018, 06:18 AM
Back to arena times for mages XD

Rauitri
07-27-2018, 06:23 AM
STS should release a %health weap for Every class so anyone can be usefull
Eg: a weapons that can proc a -4.5% health debuff evey second for 2 seconds or so.
Idk STS would know how to balance themBy simply adding %hp to every class weapon, it would be better in killing. But theres no fun in that.

They really have to think of good balanced procs. Or weapons that has 2 or more procs, that may have the chance to proc any of the 2

But a proc concept that I thought about is an OP proc that will only work if only there is a mage warr and rogs with that weapon, that way its balanced it terms of the demand of classes. The weap has its own proc that are individually not as strong, but if all the weapons of the 3 classes proc at the same time, then the OP proc will work.

Ty

swoutttt
07-27-2018, 08:51 AM
The balanced staff nerf was needed badly.. it is wrong that a weapon with that lvl vanishes all other weapons, especially after they nerfed the immo bow/dragon staff. I really thought they would nerf all low lvl weapons, so that the endgame weapons are best choice for endgame. But so far some weapons got nerfed, while other weapons like immo staff, flame staff, glint aegis did not get a nerf. I think to fix this issue, they have to nerf all these low lvl weapons, or they should undo the nerfs they did before.

Suentous PO
07-27-2018, 08:57 AM
The nerf to staff is bad in that 2/3 of the new elite maps don't need mob controll and people don't feel the need for mages in the map that does have mobs.

It's the same situation, when old gear works better (like immo staff still is) that's what is used= if rogues work better in maps that's what happens.

Tuhguhbuhbuh
07-27-2018, 09:26 AM
I got lucky in a way. I was on a journey to craft a balance scepter. Buy plat convert to gold and then buy crafting ingredients. Oila one balanced scepter. Nerf happened after I had bought the imbalance version for 350k. Thankfully 350k gold is my loss and not the tons of plat I was hoping to buy and use. Lucky escape.

Rauitri
07-27-2018, 09:33 AM
the damage went down from 6 figures down to 4 figures. that isn't 10X the damage being dealt out.

JS

6 figures down to 4 figures? Can you explain this, dont understand sorry. And I dont see why it isn't 10x weaker, as it was stated that nerf was 1140% down to 140% reflected

Rauitri
07-27-2018, 09:46 AM
I was doing approx 200k damage with the old balanced sceptre, the current proc does around 1/200th the damage.

Cinco posted on the chatbox no weapon was supposed to be doing damage in 6 figures.(too)

200k damage per tick? Or per proc chunks? Me myself was doing 54k damage per tick at least, and this is affected by the pets passive to reduce armor, and damage boss%, so at best I was doing 64k.

And it now currently does 1/200th the damage? Meaning approx of 1k damage?

deathhbringer
07-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Even if we mages are skilled we can't do a thing if there is no weapon for us to do deal damage and mages ultimate meteorite won't even do a thing to bosses hardly a scratch to them lmao,
If any dev can tell me which new weapon to use I will gladly use that without wining if that works in new raid maps for mages thank you

Sent from my a5dwg using Tapatalk

Irg
07-27-2018, 02:04 PM
I believe Sorcerer players are skilled enough to not need a broken weapon that does 10X the damage it’s supposed to.

Rl: Dont bring a sword to a gun fight
Al: Can i please use a dagger...

Idk what u thinking, how can mage out dps rogue
One aimed shot does 10k dmg on crit and that is almost 4times dmg than ours
Isnt rogue supposed to be pvp focused now removing those proc rly hurts mage class bad
Not tanky as war and cant do more dmg than rogue, whats the situation

Nightkox
07-27-2018, 02:39 PM
I will be honest, im so mad.. where is now point of be mage? We are kinda useless now.. only way i see is go back to maus where are mobs now much harder and gold drop nerfed or esg. Or lets make new alts and turn off xp gain, when reach 66lvl, and make parties only pure 66lvls, so maus will stay same diffucult just as before. But who will take all effort again? grinding gy/maus from begin? Not me for sure.. cuz Im lazy.

Maps harder now cuz level scale, old mauso gears staying, and new gears not much better. Same for weapons.. old weapons getting nerf, new weapons are pure trash. I wonder how pull proc can be useful in raids. And how it will look like when everyone in party will use spirit weapon with that pull proc, like another venim AA? Its been already a bit annoying when two warriors in party had terror blade.

I disagree with those weapons nerf, but not saying STS should not nerf those weapons, they asked for it, because they been a little bit strong. I condemn how devs could be so cruel and make so drastically nerf for balanced staff. Half damage nerf would be fair enough.

I really hope that many others mages mad too, and will leave game or at least change to warrior/rogue and mage class will slowly die and become history.

Odoslané z SM-N9005 pomocou Tapatalku

Perceval
07-27-2018, 02:58 PM
To think two whole level caps of being a 'must have class to run maps or the map would be impossible' wouldn't be enough.

Sigh.

Alwarez
07-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Now mages struggle like rogues did in 2 mauso expansions. Go make warr to cover us rogues :)

MasterP
07-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Sorry mages, the fact that people were getting greedy to run 2mage/1rog/1tank pts or 3mage 1 rog.. especially for the new maps, gave those people a clear advantage to farm fast. (50sec - 1m10 sec runs in infested elite) Compared to 3/4min runs without those weapons (ds and bs combo) Its like the angry warriors who didnt get to use the ultimate bug...while others who levelled early took advantage of it, as show by the ridiculous times on the new maps.. This has become Nerf Legends. Please use test servers in the future before releasing content that people are paying for. Its a way to fix problems before releasing it Live to the rest of the world.

Irg
07-27-2018, 04:26 PM
Now mages struggle like rogues did in 2 mauso expansions. Go make warr to cover us rogues :)

You only looking on one side of everything
When was mage ever good in pvp
When was rogue ever bad in pvp

Shubham
07-27-2018, 04:30 PM
I guess devs or any one of them should be more active on game n play the game with normal wepons n stats so they can understand wts going on actually in the game rather den people spending millions on wepons n suddenly some one says something about something n next day we get a nerf ..be the community den be absent ..
N for war i still dont understand y tb is not nerfed yet as being a lvl 66 wepon it does more proc or pull den the actual spirit set or wepons does .guess a lvl 66 wepon is overpowering a lvl 71 wepon here to :)

will0
07-27-2018, 05:30 PM
please fix mage curse skill to do % health reduction like balance staff which does dot....

Fearrr
07-27-2018, 06:21 PM
I guess devs or any one of them should be more active on game n play the game with normal wepons n stats so they can understand wts going on actually in the game rather den people spending millions on wepons n suddenly some one says something about something n next day we get a nerf ..be the community den be absent ..
N for war i still dont understand y tb is not nerfed yet as being a lvl 66 wepon it does more proc or pull den the actual spirit set or wepons does .guess a lvl 66 wepon is overpowering a lvl 71 wepon here to :)

Spirit Weps are Mythic Lvl Weps, so no they should not be stronger than a lvl 66 Arcane proc wise. Warrior weps are shet to begin with, even more so boss damage. Also Spirit Wep Proc was never supposed to be the same as a TB Pull Proc to begin with, they are 2 different type of pull procs. Lets not scream nerf to War Weps, cause a warrior was not thinking his actions through and messed up mages and cost them millions. A eye for an eye is not going to solve anything. I'm not happy BS got nerfed either. Hopefully Sts can find a solution so Raid Maps won't be completely dead now.

Jtisthebest
07-27-2018, 10:14 PM
Spirit Weps are Mythic Lvl Weps, so no they should not be stronger than a lvl 66 Arcane proc wise. Warrior weps are shet to begin with, even more so boss damage. Also Spirit Wep Proc was never supposed to be the same as a TB Pull Proc to begin with, they are 2 different type of pull procs. Lets not scream nerf to War Weps, cause a warrior was not thinking his actions through and messed up mages and cost them millions. A eye for an eye is not going to solve anything. I'm not happy BS got nerfed either. Hopefully Sts can find a solution so Raid Maps won't be completely dead now.Hello sir, i believe its against forum rules to mispell curse words but that is beside the point, the weapon outperforms one of the classes skills and that is just plain broken, why bring a trap rogue when you can bring a terrorblade war? Just does not seem right to me, maybe there should be a limit on number of mobs it can pull and a cooldown on pulls, would make it more on par with traps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rauitri
07-27-2018, 10:21 PM
Its funny that warrs were complaining with our weapons, yea your power to do that was great enough to nerf our flame staff, drag staff and now balanced staff, most likely more in the future.

And now I guess some people are now putting that back to warrs, I oftenly now hear people complaining abt TB being op, and wanting a nerf. And of course warrs would defend that as its their most favourable weapon, as if we mages didn't think the same.

#youfeelusnow

Fearrr
07-27-2018, 10:46 PM
Listen I'm Team Mage lol. Blue Lives Matter! I wouldn't mind a TB nerf if also Nightmare Aegis got a damage proc buff. I don't think Nightmare Aegis has received 1 buff since it has been released which is sad. #TeamMage #TeamNightmareAegis

PostNoob
07-27-2018, 11:02 PM
The drama! The mage weapons have been broken forever already, the fix was needed,absolutely.

Do people not understand that mages doing that kind of damage wasn't right?

Everyone's favorite word is nerf, the correct word you are looking for here is fixed. I even catch myself saying nerf to everything that gets changed. Rpgs have a way they work, one that has been cast for a long time. The mechanics to a few mages weapons have been broken for a very long time. Welcome to the real world.

I would ask someone in game rather than here, all you will find is salty players who are looking to pour it into threads. Yes, this post has a dash of salt.

Alwarez
07-27-2018, 11:16 PM

Mage was good in 41 cap with elo gun
Rogue was bad when armor got nerfed and there were no armor awakes

Irg
07-27-2018, 11:18 PM
The drama! The mage weapons have been broken forever already, the fix was needed,absolutely.

Do people not understand that mages doing that kind of damage wasn't right?

Everyone's favorite word is nerf, the correct word you are looking for here is fixed. I even catch myself saying nerf to everything that gets changed. Rpgs have a way they work, one that has been cast for a long time. The mechanics to a few mages weapons have been broken for a very long time. Welcome to the real world.

I would ask someone in game rather than here, all you will find is salty players who are looking to pour it into threads. Yes, this post has a dash of salt.

Was those staff am absolute PAIN in ur *** that you hate on them so much?
Did you find runs with those staff slower than without?
The drama hum? I see people crying because they spent 6 7 or even their entire saving for a staff that can do something. By something i mean not suck
Now its gone, so does their saving, anyway lets focus on something statistic..
Does it say on the weapon *ATTENTION 800damage max*?
Mage were never good in pvp, its fine, its very fine. Many people said pve made it all back up
Broken is just what people think, they think they know the limit but forgot the balance in many which ways
and what you think is completely out of selfish, i bet you are not a mage, you can find your place in pt

This nerf came from people who complained about how good is this staff, now you've done it, swamp is dead
you all did well

Drone
07-27-2018, 11:34 PM
Back to merching y’all!!

#teamsnurfed

Abuze
07-28-2018, 12:42 AM

Mages actually ruled lvl 56 pvp lol

Flamesofanger
07-28-2018, 12:46 AM
Its funny that warrs were complaining with our weapons, yea your power to do that was great enough to nerf our flame staff, drag staff and now balanced staff, most likely more in the future.

And now I guess some people are now putting that back to warrs, I oftenly now hear people complaining abt TB being op, and wanting a nerf. And of course warrs would defend that as its their most favourable weapon, as if we mages didn't think the same.

#youfeelusnow

I never ever heard any warrior ask for a TB nerf for being "too op". the devs appropriately nerfed the Balanced staff's insane 1140% Damage per tick. It was never

intended to do any of that damage, in the somberholt expansion most smurfs went for the balanced gun for a reason and then suddenly, the balanced staff starts doing damage like a Lv.100 Weapon?

just like the dragon staff proc, both staffs got bugged and needed a fix. And for the rest of the weapons you guys are demanding to get nerfed are already weak and don't do much, and the whole point of dungeons are the bosses. Mobs are nothing, just a bunch of decoys in your way.

Also, even after the dragon & flame staff nerf. The dragonstaff still does pretty good damage, but not 1 shotting everything this time.

and the flame staff still does a ton of decent damage but not freezing your game this time.

I honestly don't get it, you guys are complaining of getting "nerfed" and then demanding immortal staff gets a nerf.....is beyond me. Very ironic.

Pretty much the summery of this thread: If you don't get

what you want then no one else should have anything?

Have a good day.

PostNoob
07-28-2018, 01:05 AM
Was those staff am absolute PAIN in ur *** that you hate on them so much?
Did you find runs with those staff slower than without?
The drama hum? I see people crying because they spent 6 7 or even their entire saving for a staff that can do something. By something i mean not suck
Now its gone, so does their saving, anyway lets focus on something statistic..
Does it say on the weapon *ATTENTION 800damage max*?
Mage were never good in pvp, its fine, its very fine. Many people said pve made it all back up
Broken is just what people think, they think they know the limit but forgot the balance in many which ways
and what you think is completely out of selfish, i bet you are not a mage, you can find your place in pt

This nerf came from people who complained about how good is this staff, now you've done it, swamp is dead
you all did well

It was still a broken weapon no matter how big of a paragraph you want to type.

Xxkayakxx
07-28-2018, 01:56 AM
So. Back to topic......which is the best alternative? :)

Rauitri
07-28-2018, 02:50 AM
We should hope, that Devs next time would test weapons (old or new) for certain mobs/boss of the upcoming expansion. Just so that we would have less complaints about broken weapons.

Just like the drag staff, it took them nearly 2 years to fix the problem, same with the flame, and now the balanced staff, but atleast it was faster this time.

It really is just ironic that we, the players will be the one to test and later on be addressing it to the Devs. Problem to this is, many players are misleaded, or still cant accept the fact that our weapons are broken.

And them saying "We mages are skilled enough for us not to use broken weapons"
I mean, you are the ones to blame in the first place, as you made it this way. It might not be intended, but still, we aren't the ones who made it 10x stronger than intended.

We were just complaining that these things happen cause of your mistakes, no compensation were made as we lost millions of gold. Leaving many angry mages, 3rd time already.

Ty

deathhbringer
07-28-2018, 02:55 AM
East or west mages are best now give us some weapons to test or I take rest

Xxkayakxx
07-28-2018, 03:02 AM
rogue character is the best alternative >:)

Let’s say I want to stay mage xD which is now the best weap for each task? Personally I kept my Hex, Ds and Bs, but running tainted set mostly atm.

Perceval
07-28-2018, 03:14 AM
To think being allowed broken weapons for 4 whole level caps wouldn't be enough for you guys.

Some maps literally couldn't be done without a mage and their broken staff.

Dread bow was buffed and nerfed within a week. Nothing happened after that so don't expect special treatment or we will all be asking for broken procs.

From what I've seen, dragon staff and balanced staffs still work fine. Just because you can't use your 10k health and 0 damage builds with 1000% gold loot gear anymore? While the rest of use were spending millions on %dex/%str gear to improve damage? Lol. Adapt. Maybe you'll actually also use skills now instead of just spamming auto attack.

Nightkox
07-28-2018, 04:04 AM
While the rest of use were spending millions on %dex/%str gear to improve damage?

Yes but some mages spend milions on broke bs, now after fix they lost it all, cuz bs now worthless. But u lost nothing for spending golds on %dex/str. U grow up on power, mages just wanted be useful once again for team with good weapon to use.

Im hearing rumors that mages are just support class. Then why keep inviting us to parties? Make full rogue party and run maps without us, because "rogues are best".

Just because you can't use your 10k health and 0 damage builds.

Ofc I also disagree with those kind of mages with full STR builds and low damage output. But i understand them, they dont want die so fast. I know they have Shield skill but dont have a lot hp or armor like warriors have or high dodge like rogues.

Odoslané z SM-N9005 pomocou Tapatalku

Susanne
07-28-2018, 04:19 AM
I don't like same character parties and I don't like all this division between classes. It's not fun..oh what's the point...😞

Rauitri
07-28-2018, 04:37 AM
I don't like same character parties and I don't like all this division between classes. It's not fun..oh what's the point...[emoji20]Thats why we need weapons that compliment one another. Ds was complimenting the Bs, but c'mon those are old weapons in the same class.

Just like in Maus runs, most parties consisted of 1 warr and 3 mages, which is the best line up but unfair for rogs. All this just because of unbalanced weapons that will involve other classes to be somehow useless.

Now with the nerf of bs, there are now less mages in raid parties. Before it was 1 warr/rog and a ds and bs mage. Now people would rather substitute a mage to a rog instead, again it is unbalanced as we mages have limited options (ds seem to be best still) but a lv46 weapon working in a lv71 raids, outperforming lv71 weapons is wrong.

Before the nerf, infested and hydra were balance, in terms of classes. All classes were needed in infested, tank to heal and protect, mages to do the damage, and rog to prevent mobs from spreading. But wrong with this is that mages shouldn't be doing the damage as we are the supporters.

Overall classes are unbalanced, mages being broken.

Lastly, we should all hope that the new lv71 arcane batch weapons for all classes should be balanced. How? By each weapon able to compliment one another, such that X(warr) would need Y(rog) for Z(Mage) to overall make a better cooperation and performance in the maps. So basically having atleast 1 of each class in a party is the best lineup, as suppose to having only 1 class to be the majority of the party.

So that way, no class will be left out and most importantly, less complaints and hate towards the Devs for making it like this.

Ty

Perceval
07-28-2018, 06:02 AM
In the end, it all comes down to something I brought up a long time ago. If this was implemented, we wouldn't be having this issue of "one class never being used" or whatever.

What I proposed was the addition of class buffs to pve. It works like this:

Having a rogue in the map will grant everyone a 5% damage buff.

Having a warrior in the map will grant everyone a 5% armor buff.

Having a mage in the map will grant everyone a 30% reduction in skill cool downs.

Having all 3 classes present in the map will grant a 20% damage and 10% crit buff for everyone (on top of the other buffs).

PLEASE NOTE:

The buffs do not apply more than once, e.g. 2 mages will not grant a 60% reduction in skill cool downs etc.

Problem solved.

Rauitri
07-28-2018, 06:25 AM
In the end, it all comes down to something I brought up a long time ago. If this was implemented, we wouldn't be having this issue of "one class never being used" or whatever.

What I proposed was the addition of class buffs to pve. It works like this:

Having a rogue in the map will grant everyone a 5% damage buff.

Having a warrior in the map will grant everyone a 5% armor buff.

Having a mage in the map will grant everyone a 30% reduction in skill cool downs.

Having all 3 classes present in the map will grant a 20% damage and 10% crit buff for everyone (on top of the other buffs).

PLEASE NOTE:

The buffs do not apply more than once, e.g. 2 mages will not grant a 60% reduction in skill cool downs etc.

Problem solved.This will affect a few only. But if you compare, having 3 rogs and a warr will benefit more than having a mage in the party with those buffs.

Gears and knowledge of the player affect the parties more, thats why I've suggested new batch of weapon that will compliment eachother.

Such that you would need each class in the party to have the chance to deal an OP proc, instead of independent procs that dont do anything. Like if all classes have the specific set/weapon, then the proc will be boosted to deal 100% effectiveness or something like that.

But yeah, implementing both of our ideas will increase parties consisting of 1 of each class. Considering this with the new lv71 Arcane weapons will be better than them having independent procs, that may have the chance of them being unbalanced again as always.

ty

PostNoob
07-28-2018, 06:32 AM
Class combos would be nice:

One skill from each class in a certain order creates a combo(or super combo).

That comes from my very old knowledge of PL, which may be outdated now :p

Rauitri
07-28-2018, 06:35 AM
Class combos would be nice:

One skill from each class in a certain order creates a combo(or super combo).

That comes from my very old knowledge of PL, which may be outdated now :pTrue. I think its time to integrate skill/class/proc and even more pet combos to make things more balanced.

Its time for them to release gears that would need teamwork or 1 of each class for it to be the best combo of gears. Instead of it being so independent. Rpg games are types of games that needs more combos, teamwork and balance, to please us w/o any anger.

By simply making a weapon that was "accidentally" too op or broken is just boring. Especially that no compensations were made during sudden nerfs, 3rd time actually, youll just discourage players with the gold theyve lost that involved weeks of farming to obtain.

Ty

Perceval
07-28-2018, 07:00 AM
This will affect a few only. But if you compare, having 3 rogs and a warr will benefit more than having a mage in the party with those buffs.

Gears and knowledge of the player affect the parties more, thats why I've suggested new batch of weapon that will compliment eachother.

Such that you would need each class in the party to have the chance to deal an OP proc, instead of independent procs that dont do anything. Like if all classes have the specific set/weapon, then the proc will be boosted to deal 100% effectiveness or something like that.

But yeah, implementing both of our ideas will increase parties consisting of 1 of each class. Considering this with the new lv71 Arcane weapons will be better than them having independent procs, that may have the chance of them being unbalanced again as always.

ty

IN WHAT WORLD does 3 rogues 1 warrior with (5% damage buff and 5% armor buff) beat 1warrior 1mage and 2 rogues with (25% damage buff, 10% crit buff, 5% armor buff and 30% skill cooldown reduction)?

Maybe if you actually read and think carefully instead of suggesting things that will cause more problems. Weapon procs? Like we haven't heard that before. What happens to those that can't afford these arcane weapons? Back to square 1.

Rauitri
07-28-2018, 07:09 AM
IN WHAT WORLD does 3 rogues 1 warrior with (5% damage buff and 5% armor buff) beat 1warrior 1mage and 2 rogues with (25% damage buff, 10% crit buff, 5% armor buff and 30% skill cooldown reduction)?

Maybe if you actually read and think carefully instead of suggesting things that will cause more problems. Weapon procs? Like we haven't heard that before. What happens to those that can't afford these arcane weapons? Back to square 1.Abit exagg with the opinion. I see the potential of your suggestion being ingame though.

But proc/skill combos would help too, as its one of the aspects of the game in completing a map. Finishing a map with just pure damage is just boring.

What helped Maus to be finished quicker? Procs. What helped us to cap faster? Procs and what help us to finish raid faster? Procs. Even rogs had decent procs, drag blades/immo bow.

But problem comes with a proc overpowering everything, giving an unbalanced as other classes will be undesireble.

That is why a group of weapons proc will have their individual unique procs, but when 1 of each class has them, it will scale higher thus being more effective, that way rogs wouldn't be left out not having enough good procs. (I used arcanes as a placeholder, can be filled with mythics and sets ofc),

Ty

Perceval
07-28-2018, 07:29 AM
Abit exagg with the opinion. I see the potential of your suggestion being ingame though.

But proc/skill combos would help too, as its one of the aspects of the game in completing a map. Finishing a map with just pure damage is just boring.

What helped Maus to be finished quicker? Procs. What helped us to cap faster? Procs and what help us to finish raid faster? Procs. Even rogs had decent procs, drag blades/immo bow.

But problem comes with a proc overpowering everything, giving an unbalanced as other classes will be undesireble.

That is why a group of weapons proc will have their individual unique procs, but when 1 of each class has them, it will scale higher thus being more effective, that way rogs wouldn't be left out not having enough good procs. (I used arcanes as a placeholder, can be filled with mythics and sets ofc),

Ty

You fail to understand that when procs overpower the need for skills. Players just resort to spamming auto attack, a prime example being mages pre-dragon-immortal-balanced-staff nerfs. Procs are meant to help you, not do the work for you.

Perceval
07-28-2018, 08:20 AM
One could nott survive in hydraid while spamming only one button. Yes one was supposed to spam auto attack but if in between the auto attacks you weren't charging skills it was a wasted number of clicks.

your logic is flawed, when you say "procs are meant to help you, nott do the work". Unless you've got a memo about procs from STS which states that, which you haven't.
My "logic Is flawed". Which is why all these staffs were nerfed. Hmm

You don't need a memo to put 2 and 2 together.

Perceval
07-28-2018, 08:50 AM
Why were the staff procs introduced in the first place?

Feel like I lose brain cells arguing with some of the people around here. Nott that I can spare any

Elaborating on how I'm losing them: Procs on Items are generally stronger than skills because that's how gear progression works. Just giving stats for blunt skill spamming is nott how the game keeps progressing, how else is gameplay supposed to evolve? Masteries and ultimates are a bigger dud than Tiger Woods comeback. You said spamming one button, isn't that rogue gameplay in a nutshell spamming 3 buttons? Plus most of the staff/gun procs need to be combined with pet AA's, skills and other weapons to make them peak efficiency.

I'll be honest with the majority of this thread. It's all just: blah blah blah give me back my broken staff procs.

You needn't lose any brain cells if you think carefully.

Rauitri
07-28-2018, 09:03 AM
You fail to understand that when procs overpower the need for skills. Players just resort to spamming auto attack, a prime example being mages pre-dragon-immortal-balanced-staff nerfs. Procs are meant to help you, not do the work for you.

You fail to understand that it hurts seeing the nerfs being made, especially w/o compensation, we resort to spamming as that is more convenient than using skills, you could say it shouldn't be like that, but yea sure, Devs cant just give a proc, after sometime they would say "its not intended". So who is to blame?

And not true, spamming? As if you dont spam yours aswell, I mean, if you think the game needs "skill" to play, then you fail to understand that.

Perceval
07-28-2018, 09:11 AM
You fail to understand that it hurts seeing the nerfs being made, especially w/o compensation, we resort to spamming as that is more convenient than using skills, you could say it shouldn't be like that, but yea sure, Devs cant just give a proc, after sometime they would say "its not intended". So who is to blame?

And not true, spamming? As if you dont spam yours aswell, I mean, if you think the game needs "skill" to play, then you fail to understand that.

Nerfs hurt. I won't lie. But it doesn't make them wrong. It is the decision of STS themselves to grant compensation where they see fit. But know this. To begin granting compensation for this current issue could cause further problems.

What about:
My sns I bought pre nerf?
My dread bow I bought pre nerf?
My immortal bow I bought pre nerf?
My shivs I bought pre nerf?
My spirit daggers I bought pre nerf?
Etcetera, etcetera

Getting the picture?

Rauitri
07-28-2018, 09:46 AM
Nerfs hurt. I won't lie. But it doesn't make them wrong. It is the decision of STS themselves to grant compensation where they see fit. But know this. To begin granting compensation for this current issue could cause further problems.

What about:
My sns I bought pre nerf?
My dread bow I bought pre nerf?
My immortal bow I bought pre nerf?
My shivs I bought pre nerf?
My spirit daggers I bought pre nerf?
Etcetera, etcetera

Getting the picture?

If you're talking about "decisions", then you fail to see that Devs taking years to take action into nerfing things. Shouldn't it be you finding them to take years to take action wrong? You can see they made the wrong "decision", and not granting compensation/spaces to fill holes/alternatives to provide or to propose for those who are nostalgic with it.

Just like saying banning cars due to pollution. Cars flooding as theres no place for them to go, resale value drasticly dropped? No alternatives were given to replace? As if nothing had happened? Do you get it?.

With those years with those weapons, players will feel like its part of the game, and suddenly nerfing as if nothing has happened?.

If you'll be talking about problems, then think of the hundreds of mages now managing how to get rid of their Weapons, millions were lost per mage. Isn't that a problem?

At the end, even how long of a paragraph you express it, it isn't our fault to take the blame.

Alwarez
07-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Mages should deal with mobs, rogues should deal with boss. Problem solved.

Irg
07-28-2018, 10:39 AM
But there is no map without boss, and new map only have one boss

Drone
07-28-2018, 11:31 AM
But there is no map without boss, and new map only have one boss

How dare we farm effectively?!?!?! Mages should stick to maps with mobs that yield little to no rewards. Remember planar arena?

Thewolfbull
07-28-2018, 12:05 PM
These raids are arena all over again but instead of tanks being left out of parties its gonna be mages this time.

Handcraftedd
07-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Zz all you did is that now we run raid as 4 ds mages now all are left out mage can dodge skull with shield or glow and none of orricks spells is a problem with a full int build applause to those who complained about bs :3

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Marosok
07-28-2018, 01:02 PM
I did not want reply to this ridiculous topic, but some crazy PM from mages in game changed my mind. My ign is Marosok and some/many (I do not care how many) mages have story in their minds, that I wanted Devs to directly nerf BS. Well, my goal was not BS nerf, my goal was buff request for other rogue/mage class weapons dmg/proc to not be dependable on single mage with BS in raid. I agree, it somehow look like I wanted address BS, but it depends on how you look at it, in my chat with developer it is clear what I wanted. Who has SS about my chat with one cool developer, post them here? I have nothing to hide! I tried to find them in chatbox, but they are not available. Devs, when it is possible post SS of my chat with developer here, so maybe those crazy PM from mages stop? Oh, i doubt they will, some kids never change.

BS was FIXED, not nerfed! So what, that I mentioned BS during our conversation? Sooner or later developers would find out and FIX BS so you will lose your gold anyway. Would you PM developers insults? "Nerf TB" was really wise tactic lmao. This was my last reply to this topic. All i can say is "Grow up.....

deathhbringer
07-28-2018, 01:10 PM
I did not want reply to this ridiculous topic, but some crazy PM from mages in game changed my mind. My ign is Marosok and some/many (I do not care how many) mages have story in their minds, that I wanted Devs to directly nerf BS. Well, my goal was not BS nerf, my goal was buff request for other rogue/mage class weapons dmg/proc to not be dependable on single mage with BS in raid. I agree, it somehow look like I wanted address BS, but it depends on how you look at it, in my chat with developer it is clear what I wanted. Who has SS about my chat with one cool developer, post them here? I have nothing to hide! I tried to find them in chatbox, but they are not available. Devs, when it is possible post SS of my chat with developer here, so maybe those crazy PM from mages stop? Oh, i doubt they will, some kids never change.

BS was FIXED, not nerfed! So what, that I mentioned BS during our conversation? Sooner or later developers would find out and FIX BS so you will lose your gold anyway. Would you PM developers insults? "Nerf TB" was really wise tactic lmao. This was my last reply to this topic. All i can say is "Grow up.....Here is a screen shot of ur chat marosok https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180728/fa4dbcb2ce1e04df61654ef68e6293df.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180728/9249f2dbe39a18263dbb20bda43227a1.jpg

Suentous PO
07-28-2018, 01:27 PM
Why are ppl fighting & dissin? We're on the same side, this is about pve where mages SHOULD rule, not pvp where one side wins. Safeties on lol

I love the feedback about Percevals ideas and Postnoobs combo reminder ( wanted that forever in al!!!)

"Meh old weapons"-
Most mages still having to use old weapons on boss despite nerfing old staffs. Eh

deathhbringer
07-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Why are ppl fighting & dissin? We're on the same side, this is about pve where mages SHOULD rule, not pvp where one side wins. Safeties on lol

I love the feedback about Percevals ideas and Postnoobs combo reminder ( wanted that forever in al!!!)

"Meh old weapons"-
Most mages still having to use old weapons on boss despite nerfing old staffs. EhIf there was a new and better weapon mages would have used them hope sts releases new arcane weapon's sooner before mages quit AL that includes me too

Fearrr
07-28-2018, 02:07 PM
If there was a new and better weapon mages would have used them hope sts releases new arcane weapon's sooner before mages quit AL that includes me too

Ya I don't think anyone wants mages to quit. Or until they release new Arcane Lvl 71 Buff the current Lvl 66 ones. There is a few Lvl 66 Arcane Weps that could use a Buff imo and from all 3 Classes.

Shubham
07-28-2018, 03:54 PM
These raids are arena all over again but instead of tanks being left out of parties its gonna be mages this time.

Tanks rouges none wer left out ..i would like to remind all the pt formation for mau maps or the raids wer not designed by mages ..every looked fir there own gains .for mau the war being a party leader never invited another war a rouge being a party leader never invited a rouge all.everyone wanted the pt according to there own gains n wen things got nerfed lol all cry mage had the power lol .evryone had there own share of greed .they wanted to save time .get greater rewards kill boss fast get faters aps n now all done n said mages r blamed for all lol was same for raids ppl running maps be a rouge r war as partyleaders demselfs didnt want there toon to be invited lol .none of the mages pm u to inv em over other toon ppl themslef to so stop complaning ..

Shubham
07-28-2018, 04:11 PM
N i still dont understand that staff bs or even ds wer in game for more den years n had nothing changed it was not broken .ppl still used it back den but with new caps we really need to keep nerfing old wepons? Every time or i guess sts comes out with new wepons that outperforms the old ones convincingly and not just go back n nerf old one to justify the new .i guess its not that hard to come up with wepons dat will outperform the old ones completely so no one goes back to old ones ..make wepons interlinked to each other that proc to boss damahe only wen all classes r der somewt like wen all three player auto spam wepon u get good proc or something dat will balance all three class or atlest let em play together without any preferences

Thewolfbull
07-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Tanks rouges none wer left out ..i would like to remind all the pt formation for mau maps or the raids wer not designed by mages ..every looked fir there own gains .for mau the war being a party leader never invited another war a rouge being a party leader never invited a rouge all.everyone wanted the pt according to there own gains n wen things got nerfed lol all cry mage had the power lol .evryone had there own share of greed .they wanted to save time .get greater rewards kill boss fast get faters aps n now all done n said mages r blamed for all lol was same for raids ppl running maps be a rouge r war as partyleaders demselfs didnt want there toon to be invited lol .none of the mages pm u to inv em over other toon ppl themslef to so stop complaning ..

When arena was the main place to farm at lvl 46 tanks were always left out because they were useless.. 4 rogue pts were way faster and easyer. I even made a rogue because I was sick of people telling me to leave map on tank xD

Now mages seem to be going in same direction with all the nerfs.

Rauitri
07-29-2018, 04:29 AM
Seems pretty pointless now, will now be closing the thread.

In my opinion, Percevals and Postnoobs ideas are the best gotten from this thread, both were a guranteed balance of classes in my opinion.

Ty to all those who tried to find an alternative!

My last words, hoping Devs would stop making procs, that after sometime they'd call it "it wasn't intended", suddenly nerfing.

Hoping that Devs could really test all weapons/gears/pets for all classes in their new expansions next time, this will give them the chance to test if a certain weapon/gear/pet might have the ability to outperform new weapons, or make intended hard maps too easy, thus nerfing them before releasing.

PsychoNuke
07-30-2018, 12:21 PM
@Thread:
I read all the posts, but as an audience to the open discussion I dont see any answer to the OP.
I dont understand why people have to always have off topic rants and debates. Anyway, some good ideas here but none useful.

@OP
As per my tests there are no weapons at present that can be used on Str build. So sorcs its time you focus on your main stat.
The overall damage (Proc+Skill) from both single target weapon (DS/BS) were better when used in full Int compared to full Str.
But what interesting to see was that the skill damage from a level 41 Spirit Staff outperformed the overall damage from previous generation weapons.

So, I would recommend using [Spirit Staff (level 41+) + Mire set 3/3] on full Int build in raids, as they performed better than [DS/Balance staff + Mire set 3/3].

In conclusion:
For Fester Raids: Spirit Staff + Mire 3/3.
For Swamp/Deep Marsh Bosses: Dragon Hunter Staff
For Old Content Bosses: Dragon Hunter Staff
For Event Bosses: Dragon Hunter Staff or Spirit Staff (I am getting approximately same clear time on both staff in Ursoth event)
For Mobs: Flame Forged Staff or Immortal Staff

Having said that, the Spirit Weapon proc damage does needs to be buffed. I would appreciate if devs can evaluate it, because its negligible (could be a bug).
Also, understand that mage were able to compete with rogues in PVE damage because of their staff procs, so I dont blame players saying that mages are left broken and under-powered. As per my tests we are way low on the DPS charts now compared to warrior and rogues (yes even warriors)- even with proper full int level 71 weapon/gear. So if you are planing to keep the weapon proc as it is then its time you tune and buff the mage skills. Thank you.

Yeh
07-30-2018, 04:56 PM
The balanced staff has always been OP (on some bosses). In mausoleum the umbral mass, misshapen.. I haven’t seen it used since since the nerf but I am kind of sad to hear about it.. dragon staff isn’t really that good anymore. I understand not wanting an older weapon to outperform the new ones, but I mean I’ve seen the spirit gun at level 43 and the damage isn’t very good at all. From what I seen the balanced staff still out performs it lol. The pull is nice on harder maps like mausoleum, on easier maps the party usually has already killed all the mobs by the time the slow proc starts to pull (I think the pull should occur sooner like as soon as it procs) . Anyways I do think the mage should have a better way to contribute to boss killing. Maybe we will see this with the new arcane weapons? :D . I used to mainly play mage, mine has over 1m pve kills but I finally broke down and went to rogue because of things like this

will0
07-30-2018, 06:59 PM
i still use balance staff for boss in maus it is still "ok" not as good but manageable... i find using DS is even slower maybe if there's a combo of 2 DS and fenris .....

Spirit weapon damage is not "op" i don't even find it doing much damage at > 40 level .. I have not done raid currently with mire 3/3 set perhaps the bonus from the set may help in killing.

Now we are stuck with 1 type of AA for weapons currently and future release as i can foresee (tainted weapon / Spirit weapon) for all 3 class unlike last time we have a variation of AA weapons things are change with the new STS team making new stuff for the game.

PostNoob
07-31-2018, 04:10 AM
Mages better just hope for a nice new arc weapon, as thats what i figure is going to happen. Out with the old and in with the new~

Alwarez
07-31-2018, 10:55 AM
Mages want to get broken again and deal more single dps than rogues, lol this thread is silly

Xxkayakxx
07-31-2018, 12:53 PM
Mages want to get broken again and deal more single dps than rogues, lol this thread is silly

Thread is not. But just Psycho answered it.

Thewolfbull
07-31-2018, 03:36 PM

The thing is majority of the new maps in expansion are single target only.

Alwarez
07-31-2018, 06:57 PM
The thing is majority of the new maps in expansion are single target only.

Fly lord boss summons a lot of objects+deep marsh boss summons TONS of mobs. So far 3/4 maps have more than 1 enemy

srazman
07-31-2018, 07:50 PM
Seem like endgame maps not fun to run? I felt it too. It's like something missing. No matter what class we are.... Wait wait. The new expansion are not designed to be run easily with previous gears, all we need is the full dedicated designed gears to run the maps. Previous maps or expansion have its own special set like always.

• Reonauz

badgirlchlo
07-31-2018, 07:57 PM
Mayb a new set will be released to help out mages, but rogues suffered for two expansions straight and no mages seemed to care

will0
08-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Mayb a new set will be released to help out mages, but rogues suffered for two expansions straight and no mages seemed to care

Your statement "no mages seemed to care" this is kind of vice versa from other class .... but do you care ? Maybe the new set will help rouges too?

It is just a game moving forward... all AA seems to be similar for all class in weapondary and "SET" items are the way it goes it seems for all class in AL future item releases ..

badgirlchlo
08-01-2018, 06:35 PM
i just find it funny that now it matters because we don't need multiple mages per map, I always believe the game should be balanced and that all classes should be playable but it didn't seem to be as much of an issue to people that rogues got trashed for a loooong time