PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: New Loadout function - Powers to main display (Predefined)

Phosgore
07-27-2018, 05:57 AM
As we all know, we have a total of 12 powers, we can only use 4 at a time on the main screen, and it's very annoying the time we takes to change powers.
I usually use different predefined powers for each situation, PVP, PVE as an example. I believe that many other players as well.
My proposal is to use functionality similar to the one below that we have already used in inventory, however for predefined powers to the main display.

After clicking the "Predefined Main Display", a charging function of predefined powers would appear.

doomdoomdoom
07-27-2018, 10:43 AM
Nice idea. Just need to think about how it should work in this case:
-User sets predefined skill mappings
- user respecs with different skills
How does the system handle mappings that included skills that you no longer have available to you? Should it simply have empty blank entries in those particular mapping? Or should all the presets be reset if you respec?

jaymt09
07-27-2018, 11:03 AM
How does the system handle mappings that included skills that you no longer have available to you? Should it simply have empty blank entries in those particular mapping? Or should all the presets be reset if you respec?

Perhaps if they set a pay for each slot which for example 50 plat for each different build instead of spending 8 plat every time you want to switch up ur builds u have a slot set already which of course all will have different passives/ skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaymt09
07-27-2018, 11:05 AM
Sorry doom didn’t mean to quote you xD

Phosgore
07-27-2018, 07:46 PM

Hi Doom, yes with empty entries at first, the player will set according to their available Powers of all 12. About resetting, yes, the reset would affect the predefined buttons on all 4 designated, if it contains powers removed by the reset. So the entry would stay empty automatically.
This is just an idea of improvement to make it easier for us to switch our powers to main display. On the pros and cons I would like the STS to intelligently analyze the initial idea and develop whatever it takes to not negatively affect the players. For example, activation inside the pvp arena, this was my biggest concern, I would not want some players feel the urge to use maliciously the rapid exchange of powers within the arena, this could become uncomfortable for other players might, so I think it would be interesting to limit the use of the function only when it is dead (if inside arena) or free use if outside the arena.
I hope my English does not leave much to be desired in your understanding. Sorry if xD
I appreciate your comment ;-)

Perhaps if they set a pay for each slot which for example 50 plat for each different build instead of spending 8 plat every time you want to switch up ur builds u have a slot set already which of course all will have different passives/ skills

Hi Jay! That would be great too, good suggestion.
But my improvement proposal has its focus only on the 4 buttons of Powers, quick change them would greatly facilitate also do not agree?
My English is not the best, sorry too if i was not clear.

doomdoomdoom
07-28-2018, 04:24 PM

If the 50 plat included having a completely different allocation of points in powers, not just the mapping...I would buy it.

doomdoomdoom
07-31-2018, 07:35 PM
Hi Doom, yes with empty entries at first, the player will set according to their available Powers of all 12. About resetting, yes, the reset would affect the predefined buttons on all 4 designated, if it contains powers removed by the reset. So the entry would stay empty automatically.
This is just an idea of improvement to make it easier for us to switch our powers to main display. On the pros and cons I would like the STS to intelligently analyze the initial idea and develop whatever it takes to not negatively affect the players. For example, activation inside the pvp arena, this was my biggest concern, I would not want some players feel the urge to use maliciously the rapid exchange of powers within the arena, this could become uncomfortable for other players might, so I think it would be interesting to limit the use of the function only when it is dead (if inside arena) or free use if outside the arena.
I hope my English does not leave much to be desired in your understanding. Sorry if xD

Hi Jay! That would be great too, good suggestion.
But my improvement proposal has its focus only on the 4 buttons of Powers, quick change them would greatly facilitate also do not agree?
My English is not the best, sorry too if i was not clear.

Your English is great, really. If devs limit when you can switch out your powers with the quick maps, like you suggest, sounds like a great idea. I didn’t want people to use it to cheat the cool down of powers. Glad you thought of it too.

I am constantly taking screenshots before I change it for an event. This would save me a lot of trouble.

jaymt09
07-31-2018, 07:40 PM
Really love this idea :)

Phosgore
07-31-2018, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback my friends! :-)
I'm glad you ones understand me. xD
I'd like Cinco to look around here a bit too, I expect more feedbacks.

Enjoy take a look here too, if this is a possibility for future implementations also to guilds.
Guild Activity Logs 📜 (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?427389-Suggestion-Guild-Activity-Logs-%26%23128220%3B&p=2852286&viewfull=1#post2852286)

Thankful!

magic formula
07-31-2018, 09:43 PM
Ohhhhh we reaallllyy need this
Great idea really hope cinco do this

Sent from my CPH1729 using Tapatalk

Erzsebethbat
08-08-2018, 10:11 PM
It will be very useful.