PDA

View Full Version : The Extensive Mount Fang Boss Guide!

Zeus
11-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Extensive Mount Fang L59-66 Boss Guide!

Hey guys, so it’s been a while since I have done one of these. I believe my last boss guide was Balefort Sewers. Now, following tradition, I will make these into video guides, but I am currently waiting on Google Chrome to release. So, as of right now, I will just make it an elaborate and detailed text guide. It will be updated with video ASAP.

Mount Fang Map 1: This boss is a simple kill. It doesn’t have many mechanics except kite and stay out of his reach, especially when the yellow aura appears at his feet. There is often a speed orb that spawns at the boss spawn spot. I highly recommend the person who is kiting the boss to use it. I believe you know the basics as how to kill an enemy. For this particular boss, I highly recommend that a bear tanks on the side while an archer is taking charge and kiting the bosses with the speed elixir provided. Honestly, you should be more worried about the ridiculous amount of health that the mobs of the first level have; that will likely be your only challenge.

The fastest way to take him out is in the following order:

• Bear: Beckon and stomp him into a corner, followed by a crippling slash to pin.

• Bird: Lay down the roots first, shattering scream, then break armor, ending with blast. Use repulse to keep the boss away while taking full advantage of the speed orb.

• Elf: As soon as you see those roots, hit that lightning. It creates “NATURE STRIKE” which causes insane damage. This followed by “CRUEL BLAST” from birds makes the boss’s health bar go down so fast that you can literally see the health drop.

Video Link: Coming Soon!

Mount Fang Map 2: This boss is a bit trickier, Duke Edward.

• Do NOT mindlessly attack the boss.

• When first attacking, you are free to attack the boss, but save your high damage skills for later. Why? A mini boss will spawn. Once this boss spawns, he immediately lets loose a critical white text combo known as “ENTHRALLED”. This white text combo will leave you stunned and almost result in an instant death. Obviously, you want to take him out immediately.

• So, the mini boss usually spawns when Duke Edward is at ¼ or ½ health. Keep your fingers ready and switch targets immediately. If you don’t Duke Edward’s armor bolsters and at least 1/3 of the party will immediately be wiped out due to “ENTHRALLED”. I suggest a bird keeps the mini separated with repulse, followed by laying down both roots and finishing him off with a cruel blast. When on elixirs, this combo instantly kills the mini boss. Also, stay at the entrance of the boss room. The mini boss will spawn on the other side; anyone near his perimeter, roughly 8-10mm will be almost instantly KO’D.

Mount Fang Map 3:

• Aunty Emma is an abusive aunty. She is not the type that will coddle you, but will seriously and critically damage you with her whining and complaining. Yes, her whining and screaming is so dampening that it actually has a physical effect to those that are near her.

• Luckily for you, she is very lazy and will only stay in the center of the room. Thus, you must adopt the fighting strategy that models a fighter plane. When she isn’t screaming, go in range, bomb her with your spells, then run out AT LEAST 12mm out. This will normally be the very corners of the room or slightly outside the room: the gateways that allow entrance into Aunty Emma’s room.

• Rinse and repeat this method until she is dead. If you get hit by her screams, she will most likely kill you, so develop a timing that is suitable to you. Do NOT go in range if you do not think you’re safe. The consequences will most likely be death. I think she’s a conservatist, which would explain everything, with a majority of the new generation being liberal, she isn’t taking it too well.

• The spot I am dead at is where you want to be when fighting Auntie Emma, it will still damage you, but not kill you unles you just stand there. The smaller wave does not reach her; only the big scream does. The big scream will take out 3/4 armor tops, with no elixirs.
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/1c675804.jpg

Mount Fang Map 4: Count Vlod.

• Count Vlod, I apologize twilight ladies of Pocket Legends, but Count Vlod isn’t your Edward Cullen, neither is Duke Edward, this bad boy wants blood and seems to have learned telekinesis to obtain it.

• Count Vlod has a skill much like a bear’s beckon. Now, like a bear, it only has a 12mm range. This means, those with crossbows can kite it. The others? I fear you will just have to stay out of range.

• This boss will heavily rely on your friendly bear and bird. The bear is expected to use beckon, stomp, hell scream, and crippling slash to keep him rooted. Please, fellow bears, crippling slash is THE MOST CRUCIAL slash you will ever need. Spamming it will be much appreciated.

• Now, DO NOT TAUNT, the intent for this boss is not to take agro, as Count Vlod will even kill a bear almost instantly. You want to form a leash with this boss by having the bears repeatedly cripple and stun it while the birds take the agro and essentially tease Count Dracula by attacking him and keeping him out of range.

• Elves, most of you cannot overtake a bird’s DPS, but in the event you do, put a cooldown on it. If you overtake it, it may be the death of your party.

• Follow through with this until the boss dies.

• Please be aware, it's almost crucial to have a tanking bear in your party for this boss, unless y'all are all on elixirs, even with the bear, have your elves revive immediately.

Mount Fang Map 5:

Will add more information on him later.

Please, if I got any of the maps wrong, correct me. This is only to help, nothing else.

Zeus
11-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Reserved.

Ayc2000
11-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Nice! I like aunt emma's description the best :D

PL Playa
11-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Very thorough, thoughtful, and last but not least funny! I believe all that u say even though I have only seen the first map. Great job! :)

JaytB
11-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Nice guide Apollo! :)

Someone told me that angry auntie Emma also regenerates when you get too close. I doubt it to be true, but she was very sure about it, so we basically only attack from the sides to kill her. So my question is basically, are you sure she doesn't regenerate when u get to close at the wrong moment?

Zeus
11-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Nice guide Apollo! :)

Someone told me that angry auntie Emma also regenerates when you get too close. I doubt it to be true, but she was very sure about it, so we basically only attack from the sides to kill her. So my question is basically, are you sure she doesn't regenerate when u get to close at the wrong moment?

I'll test later tonight! I plan to do more runs tonight through the entire campaign and take notes on bosses' weaknesses and the best tactics to take them out. I'll definitely put that on my list! :)

JaytB
11-16-2011, 09:14 PM
I'll test later tonight! I plan to do more runs tonight through the entire campaign and take notes on bosses' weaknesses and the best tactics to take them out. I'll definitely put that on my list! :)

Cool! Looking forward to hear about it :)

Urqui
11-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Omg thank you so much:cool:
Really needed to know how to kill aunt emma

apocketlegend
11-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Wow great guide Parth!

Roc
11-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Facts and humor make boss killing super :) Thanks for the great info. I especially like how you broke down the roles of each class.

mejslll
11-16-2011, 10:14 PM
great info apollo! nice job! this needs to be stickied

Shellkaz
11-16-2011, 10:49 PM
An archer and I have a theory on "auntie Emm". We think that she will reset once no matter what, BUT, she also seems to reset once for each death in her room. Strom and I ran Auntie about 5 or 6 times yesterday with a combination of guild and pugs. We noticed that with guild runs he could solo her because everyone listened when he told them to stay back. With the pugs they were more inclined to ignore us. With the predictable result death. Then they listened . . . Sometimes. Sigh.

Anutie Emm, reset more times when people died in the room. Has anyone else noticed something similar?

Uepauke
11-16-2011, 11:24 PM
An archer and I have a theory on "auntie Emm". We think that she will reset once no matter what, BUT, she also seems to reset once for each death in her room. Strom and I ran Auntie about 5 or 6 times yesterday with a combination of guild and pugs. We noticed that with guild runs he could solo her because everyone listened when he told them to stay back. With the pugs they were more inclined to ignore us. With the predictable result death. Then they listened . . . Sometimes. Sigh.

Anutie Emm, reset more times when people died in the room. Has anyone else noticed something similar?

Yes, and I noticed it may sometimes take more deaths before she resets (?). Not sure... but something to do with her draining their lives and healing herself, maybe. I found that if I wear my lilith wand set and stand at the walls, I have more chance of surviving, spamming pots. I'm working on when to dive back in to hit her with closer skills, right now relying on people who can spot the signs to time my attacks and retreats (apparently she throws her arms back first, like mages do).

Also, people, please stand near the mages, do NOT make the mage run across the room because the mage might then die if she doesn't time it properly--which is one reason why the rev might not happen fast if you're way across, the mage is sometimes waiting for the 'in-between' time when Aunt Em isn't doing her ghost thing.

Also, I didn't have much luck in the doorway, I've been surviving better against the walls.

Finally: leechers pay heed. Playing dead is likely not to work in this case because, without a full team pounding her, and people dying, she can reset and you will not get your drop/quest fulfilled. When you are revved, spam pots immediately, and time your attacks. I've been buying respawns and revving 3-4 times to find people just lying there, hoping that someone else will kill Aunt Em for them while they do nothing.

Moogerfooger
11-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Nice guide, although I don't think Map 4's boss is named that...unless I need to get my eyes checked, lol. Boss on the Second Floor has the wicked Repulse attack that will knock you across the room if he nails you with it. I could be completely misreading this, however. I know that the final boss on the the third floor, the other Count, has the Beckon attack that one stands a better chance at immediately running back from the boss after he casts it, and that I have had success kiting with an Autobow.

Btw, I have also seen more than one player claim that AoE attacks cause Emma to heal, and I am inclined to call it another bunk theory until someone proves otherwise...another "Keeper stealz your mana shieldz" sort of thing.

Fyrce
11-16-2011, 11:30 PM
I suppose it's possible about Emma and her heals, but I've been in groups where everyone died except two birds and we killed her with no resets. A few of those groups had mages rev'ing while we were whacking her. It didn't seem particularly fast, but maybe we were just fast enough.

I've also seen bears overwhelm Emma -- I haven't tried my bear yet, so some bear needs to weigh in on whether her ghosts can be disrupted.

For Lofus, notice that his red ring is blank behind him. Your chances of survival are pretty good behind him and to the sides. The sides of him hurt but generally do not kill. I used to try to stand right behind him but that's kind of hard. So now, I try to be a bit ranged but to his side or behind him. He's facing whoever he's attacking but just before his red ring, he stops and doesn't turn. So that's when you can start moving behind him. Obviously, if you can get far enough from him, that works also, but note that going too far resets him.

And map 4 (2nd floor) is Baron von Gobble. Lol. Actually for him, I can mostly survive his attacks but his tossing me about will take him out of range of my weapon, so I'll try to keep him in a corner where if he tosses me, it's a diagonal and my weapon will stay in range while I pot like crazy :p

Oh and in the Crypt, you don't have to target the Thrall. If the group does areas, particularly combos, it'll die quickly. You can tell by how you are going through that level if you are a high damage group. If not, then yeah, someone or someones needs to kill the Thrall. Then of course, try to kill Edward before he spawns another Thrall.

Kaytar
11-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks Apollo! But I might be onto something about Count Vlod....
When your fighting him, there is a spot of shadows (looks like what comes off shadow armor) with bats flying in it. Secondly, little black spots appear on the floor...
I haven't experimented with it yet, but those could be 'safe spots'

Zeus
11-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Nice guide, although I don't think Map 4's boss is named that...unless I need to get my eyes checked, lol. Boss on the Second Floor has the wicked Repulse attack that will knock you across the room if he nails you with it. I could be completely misreading this, however. I know that the final boss on the the third floor, the other Count, has the Beckon attack that one stands a better chance at immediately running back from the boss after he casts it, and that I have had success kiting with an Autobow.

Btw, I have also seen more than one player claim that AoE attacks cause Emma to heal, and I am inclined to call it another bunk theory until someone proves otherwise...another "Keeper stealz your mana shieldz" sort of thing.

Thank you for the corrections! I'm terrible at remembering which bosses are in which map, was planning to go in game later tonight and fix all of that. In the mean time, I'll make those edits. Thank you very much, Mr. Studmuffin. :D

EDIT: @Fyrce, I stated that because around the time Thrall spawns, everybody's AOE's are out, so Thrall simply gangs up and destroys the elves/birds. That's why I personally save my attacks until he spawns so I can take care of him personally, kinda like insurance.

Walkhardd
11-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Great guide! Very helpful..I was running with a fully potted group and we were standing directly in front of emma , maybe 8-10 m away, just bombing her..none of us were killed, and she died pretty fast..not sure if its a glitch, or if it would work without a juiced party..try it out!

Fyrce
11-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Once you get to hitting her, she's pretty easy to kill.

And about the Thrall, I always get ready with my mage w/ two hands to spam pots/rev/heal and throw my AoEs. Usually I can throw them right as I walk in and then again when the Thrall shows, but people are gonna have to figure out their timing.

zeusabe
11-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Very nice, the bosses in Mt. Fang are challenging, and quite overwhelming on first few tries, it brings back the strategy in this game. Since I'm a pure INT mage, I'll contribute some of my learnings on how a Softy Puffy Pure Int Mage should deal with these guys:

Running on the assumption that you're running in a PUG...

1st Boss (The Real Bandit Bear): Make sure you're with another mage, or a bird, so the chances of you getting aggro is lessened. Do not spam shield, use it wisely, when you hear him growling (like gurgox) that's your cue to put on your shield because shortly after that growl he will unleash his aoe attack which will kill you instantly 8/9 out of 10 times. In the event that you don't have your shield available when he's growling, run away!!! in most cases, when a mage dies, the entire party is wiped, since nobody can rev. Ironically, as soft as a mage is, you're supposed to be the last one to die in this boss, let the bears and birds die, rev them later (with your other finger ready to pot, don't use your shield after an aoe attack, since he will growl again shortly, and you won't have your shield up). Based on my exp, your shield will not be up everytime he growls, so the pattern would be, growl --> shield --> growl --> run away --> growl --> shield...so I hope that helped a bit.

2nd boss (Edward not the Cullen): Make sure you don't "auto" target Edward (or the mini-boss), just be near enough so your aoe's can hit them, you don't want the mini-boss or boss aggroing you. Based on my exp, you can survive Edward's fury if ever you get his attention (spam pots --> heal simultaneously --> continue spam pots --> drain simultaneously --> rinse and repeat, never let go of that pot button, else you die painfully. For the mini-boss aoe attack, your shield is your bestfriend so don't go spamming it. When you see him spawn that's your "only" cue to use that shield, if not, rely on your survavibility skill. What I do is, after the mini boss dies, I count to 10 then re-cast shield, in a full group, you can put down his life in 10 seconds which is enough to summon back the mini boss and you'll have your shield ready. Pots are cheap anyway, you'll be burning around 20-30 pots here depending on your timing of shield.

3rd Boss (Emma not the Frost): This is an INT mage's worst nightmare, no way of running, no way of transferring aggro, (instant?) split second death...I just hate her. This is an ultimate test to mages on how quick your eye to hand coordination is. As much as some people will say that you need to stay put, based on my exp, if you kite/strafe her, chances of the "ghost masks" hitting you directly is lowered, those ghost masks do the heaviest damage (not sure if this is confirmed). I notice changing pattern on ghost masks, so that must mean something? Whenever I stay put, even if I push pots button really quick I'd probably put a hole on my pad's screen, there's always that "direct hit" from her that will kill you instantly, I found myself being hit less by this one shot hit whenever I move around. As a pure INT mage, your role here is to rev team mates as quickly as possible, you will need to spam shield throughout this boss, spam drain life, spam pots, spam heal, while buffing/debuffing, doing frostbite --> lightning --> ice -> firestorm...while making sure you move around and pray that one-shot hit doesn't hit you. You will die in this boss probably more than any other boss you've ever encountered so far, do not panic when somebody dies, it's part of the equation. Make sure you rev within distance, I've seen revs from other mages that are too far from the corpse so it doesn't take effect. Just a note, if you can go on thrasher, you can solo this boss as pure INT you have enough damage output before she heals, I did it, everyone died when entering the room and I basically solo'd her, at least there's an easier way.LOL.

4th Boss (If Danny Devito were a vampire...): This boss probably requires the least strategy. You can survive his blows with your pots/heal/dran/kite, so fire away. Again, rev instantly. Some mages take too long to rev because they feel they still need to do more damage, the right mindset should be, more team mates the better because your team mates are you life lines, lesser people standing, higher chances of boss/enemy aggroing you and you don't want that being a pure INT. So treat your team mates as part of your meat shield brigade LOL.

5th Boss (Count Dracula in the middle of an Orgy?...He's pissed): Do not attack him unless you have skilled bears with you that knows that they have to toss him around away from you and the kiting bird hugging the wall. Just focus on healing, buff/debuff, and revv since people will bite the dust quickly here. Once you get his attention, 10/10 times you're dead. So avoid him like a plague and focus on your team mates, they need you more than ever in this boss fight as far as support, let bird do the damage here and bears distract him, you don't want to ruin the gameplan by getting his aggro and dieing, because when he gets you and you die, he'll probably catch the nearest bear, and voila, party swipe because of you haha.

Anyway, hope this helped to those awesome pure INT mages out there. Just contributing to this nice thread.

PS: I don't think there's any skill affecting Aunt Emma's heal, I'm leaning towards it's a timed enemy skill.

Kakatoa91
11-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Seems ages ago u wrote something like this lol.
The first 2 bosses really thought there wasnt much tricks or difficulties. :D
Just doing mindlessly what a bear do.
Auntie has her temper but rapidly easy to take.
Guess I was lucky in my random games with people knowing how to play their avatar without plat elixir and didnt stress on new situation on the first day of release of new map.
Ill take some time this weekend to apply all we have here in game. :p
Dont forget Apollo and bodyguardz to be in their best clothes 4 the video. :cool:

Uepauke
11-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Very helpful reply! Definitely different advice for mages...

About what you said with the third boss:

3rd Boss: This is an INT mage's worst nightmare, no way of running, no way of transfering aggro, split second death...I just hate her. This is an ultimate test to mages on how quick your eye to hand coordination is. As much as some people will say that you need to stay put, based on my exp, if you kite/strafe her, chances of the "ghost masks" hitting you directly is lowered, those ghost masks do the heaviest damage (not sure if this is confirmed). Whenever I stay put, even if I push pots button so quick, there's always that "direct hit" from her that will kill you instantly, I found myself being hit less by this one shot hit whenever I move around. As a pure INT mage, your role here is to rev team mates as quickly as possible, like the first two bosses, you will need to spam shield throughout this boss, spam drain life, spam pots, spam heal, while buffing/debuffing, doing frostbite --> lightning --> ice -> firestorm...while making sure you move around and pray that one-shot hit doesn't hit you. You will die in this boss probably more than any other boss you've ever encountered so far, do not panic when somebody dies, it's part of the equation. Just a note, if you can go on thrasher, you can solo this boss, I did it, everyone died when entering the room and I basically solo'd her, at least there's an easier way.LOL.

Actually I found I could survive staying put against the wall, but it does depend on amount of armour (gear and elixirs). I took Ariskabar's advice and am trying to dive in after the first 'ghost' wave to attack her, and then still trying to work out how to spot when she's about to skill again, which is when she throws her arms out. It could be you're surviving better moving around because of chance, i.e. you are hitting her more and also happen to be out of range when she skills again?

I noticed that another mage, Lovache, did very well when she got the timing right, going in after first wave, coming to the wall just before Aunty Em sends it out again, managing to do quite a bit of damage, so that's what I'm aiming for atm, a combination of hugging the wall and, like you, moving in and out, but getting that timing right.

pastrychef
11-17-2011, 01:18 AM
although I don't think Map 4's boss is named that...

You are correct. His name is actually Count Vlod.

pastrychef
11-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Another theory about Aunt Emma to toss in to the hat:

Aunt Emma tosses out two different rings of ghosts. The ring bigger ring, is the one that hurts you. The smaller ring that doesn't travel far fom her seems to be a warning that she's about to toss out a large ring. So, you can run up to attack her until you see the little ring. Once you see the little ring, run like heck until you are against a wall. Repeat.

Known and tested:

For Count Vlod, it's possible to draw out his four accompanying mages without drawing his attention (similar to how Bandit Queen used to be able to be drawn out). It is highly advised that you do so before going in against Vlod. The magic spot is just inside the entrance to the room.

Skeletonlord
11-17-2011, 01:31 AM
I love this guide! Really is helpful

Zeus
11-17-2011, 01:54 AM
The spot I am dead at is where you want to be when fighting Auntie Emma, it will still damage you, but not kill you unless you just stand there. The smaller wave does not reach her; only the big scream does. The big scream will take out 3/4 armor tops, with no elixirs.
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/1c675804.jpg

Zeus
11-17-2011, 08:29 PM
It seems that if you are moving alongside the wall the entire time, it is easier for you to survive. Also, remember to keep spamming your health pots, as she will still hit hard.

If y'all remember the overlord, Emma's screams are much like the Galactic Overlord's blasts. Thus, if you recall, everybody needed to pot up who wasn't strength in order to fight the overlord. I highly recommend buying a 2k (gold) pot, as it will sufficiently boost your armor to the amount needed to withstand any critical hits.

Draopwnzall
11-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Great guide there Apollo. Keep it coming! :D

Ixillicus
11-17-2011, 08:49 PM
My thoughts on Emma... since I can fight her and not die... pretty easily.

Basically... you just don't wanna be standing ON the blue circle. Most of the time she casts a big ring with the faces and stuff on the outside. Just standing close to her and spam skills. Every 3rd or 4th time, she takes a short break, and then puts the really close one that does the massive damage. Once you see the pattern, or the break in time, thats when you need to move to the outside for a sec. Once she does the upclose attack, she won't do one again for a bit, so just stand near her...

Suentous PO
11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Killer guide. Thanks! As to Emma I can say definitively that aoe' s don't heal her. As a bird I kill her when alone easily using aoe's, without her healing.
I asked in a thread bout this & got the word that it is due to a close proximity when she does the small blue ring.
If that helps any..

mackjack
11-18-2011, 12:26 AM
My thoughts on Emma... since I can fight her and not die... pretty easily.

Basically... you just don't wanna be standing ON the blue circle. Most of the time she casts a big ring with the faces and stuff on the outside. Just standing close to her and spam skills. Every 3rd or 4th time, she takes a short break, and then puts the really close one that does the massive damage. Once you see the pattern, or the break in time, thats when you need to move to the outside for a sec. Once she does the upclose attack, she won't do one again for a bit, so just stand near her...

After reading this post I did some experiments and it seems that Ixillicus is spot on.
- The big rings seem to do about the same amount of damage no matter where you stand (close to Emma, in a corner, against a wall)
- The small ring, though, does massive damage if you get hit by it

So the strategy boils down to watching Emma to stop her attacks, back up and wait for her to do her small ring attack, then get close to her and spam skills again. What Apollo said about spamming health pots and possibly using a 2k tanker elixir still holds though -- although doing less damage than the small ring attacks, the big ring attacks still hurt.

Elixirgod
05-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Great Guide even though i'm not level 59 yet, it's good advice for the future!

KaiserOfDeath
06-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Wow nice, but now i feel that emma is more powerful or im getting weak?! D:

AressxGod
10-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Thx for the help, now i can kill her millions of times and get loads of PINKS and money

Twinkedarcher
06-30-2013, 11:15 PM
was a nice guide :)... but i need to know what are the drops there :/ soo i can know what im farming there

Roberto077
06-30-2013, 11:16 PM
We can let the necro slide since it's a guide.

Rhyme not intended at all

Suentous PO
07-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Some of this prolly looks a little confusing as Emma used to heal herself in odd ways she no longer does.
Some of the bosses had glitches or were made different when this first came out.