PDA

View Full Version : Paladins Vs. Rangers

XghostzX
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
So in the new Alien Oasis 2, it seems that spacetime studios has favored the ranger. ( Every new map another class is favored) but i want to stick to the present. I'm going to try to keep this general so bear with me. Paladins were considered the powerhouse team, and there are stills lots of players that use them, but maybe with different combination's of weapons. I go to PvP a lot with my paladin, level 45, and see tons of rangers with scarab bows and alien blasters. The rangers definitely sent a message to people that they are really good, because some of them can really dominate the PvP field. So i wanted peoples opinion on this simple question; Paladin or ranger? :)

Cascade
07-10-2010, 01:06 PM
You posted two threads about the same thing...I like Archers the best...they are called archers not rangers.

Royce
07-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Paladins are still a bit more powerful in PvP, but the Thoth advantage is gone, so mostly they stand out over dex characters by having higher armor and more base damage. This will all change soon though, with stat-based skill conversion on the horizon ;)

Cascade
07-10-2010, 01:23 PM
What exactly is stat based skill conversion?

Royce
07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
What exactly is stat based skill conversion?

The strength of your skill is going to be based on your class's (non-hybrid) primary stat. So for instance, enchantress skills will be powered by you level of Int, meaning a regular Int mage will be a more powerful spellcaster than a paladin with minimal Int, as it should be ;)

Royce
07-10-2010, 01:30 PM
I go to PvP a lot with my paladin, level 45, and see tons of rangers with scarab bows and alien blasters.
BTW, anyone you see using an alien blaster in PvP is a fool. Scarab bows, and even pharaoh crossbows, are far more effective.

pvpmaster
08-05-2010, 10:57 AM
muhahahaha i find archers very easy in 1v1 on my mage it jus takes skill and strategy to find out how to beat them...O.o

Yardsalez
08-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Pallys are better, but archers own pallys next patch All hybrids will get owned by Pures

Barbamitsos
08-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Ask torturedsoul oyr score in pvp

Violentsaint
08-07-2010, 01:36 AM
in ao1 a believe there was thoth armor but no thoth leather, i may be wrong. but if im right paladins had a advantage over bowmages. but in ao2 theres thoth leather so bowmages can have high mana regen now.

but i believe a skilled talon mage would give a paladin a run for his money.

Raxie
08-07-2010, 05:25 PM
hm im not sure because a talon mage is very good but just doesn't have that extra hp compared to a paladin. i'm curious who will win actually.

v5point0
08-07-2010, 10:13 PM
I am going to rape every single paladin that has gang banged very soon.