PDA

View Full Version : My list the good and the bad of the Mt. Fang update

zeusabe
11-17-2011, 04:09 AM
Hello, I'm currently not playing PL because I'm awesome...I can do that. Anyway, I just like to share my thoughts on Mt. Fang. Bear with me (pun) since this is the first major updated I've witnessed, yeah I know, I didn't get the crown of persistence, I suck...

I'm supposed to be doing something but I'm too lazy to do it, I made a deductive analysis and the reason for my laziness is my inability to temporarily forget PL...(I so love to do an "you know you played too much PL..." thread but there's probably one already)...

Here it goes:

Good

1. Boss fights. Oh yes, I love the degree of difficulty of bosses in this dungeon. I mean, bosses are supposed to be baws right? I wouldn't call my boss a boss if he wasn't boss enough you know what I mean? Bosses here are definitely worthy to be called boss. Seriously, it brings back the strategy in this game which is nice. Too easy boss, people complain, too hard boss, people still complain...for me, a boss in PL is not supposed to just turn over and give pinks, so this is a good point for me.

2. Level requirements. Lowering xp per level is cool (temporarily), this gives people some sort of free elixir or something, who says STS is milking their players? Makes sense since a level 55 doesn't care about a level 59 dungeon...and you know what they say on badly delivered jokes, the sting goes away...so if these level 55 people reach level 59 after the hype is over? then it'll be like meeeh...brilliant move. Btw, I noticed they made the 65-66 exactly 100k xp which is cool compared to 100,500 something back at 60-61? I mean wtf? why the 500 excess? After I reach 100k you make me salivate for 500 more? It's like you make me go to a gym and workout and I look buff and all that (Biggest Loser level) after being fat and you tell me I need do one-half situp? minor issue but cool that they made it exact.

3. Vanity Items (Bat Wing). Wow as in Wow, that looks amazing, and it literally turned my soap opera looking mage to a fashionista, that was awesome. It's very affordable at 10 platinum for everyone's consumption unless you just stole money from your parents and your card got cut or something, anyway there's tapjoy, but if you consumed all free plat beforehand then sucks to be you you're missing on an awesome look.

4. Crafted Items. I would assume a crafted set item when completed will look like the dark forger, if that's the case, then b-a-d-a-s-s. It looks so evil and red, just how I want it. Stats aren't bad either, I mean after seeing that forger I was like, move over demonic set.

5. Scaled Farming. I don't care whatever others say but I think this is a good thing. So what if it's easier to get scaled items? Soooo...???? Lower value soooo???? Economy gona get destroyed omfg it's the end of the world...get over it folks, that update was made for new players not for old players who's now crying since they did it the hard way...It's only right that you get an item that's right for you, haters are gona hate, anyway, this is a good change.

6. New Luck Pot 100% chance to reroll. For people who's planning to craft items, this is definitely a huge boost. I mean, because of this I'll craft my own uber items now rather than farm like a zombie to buy a piece for millions. This is cool.

Bad

1. Release Date. I mean wtf? I thought it would be on the 24th then all of sudden they release, good thing I was paranoid and capped earlier else I missed the shield. C'mon, a simple official announcement would have been a lot better you know, bad bad.

2. Vanity Items (Helm and Shield). I mean they are fugly, who designed those vanity? They're not vanity, they're garbage. You look like a Napoleon Bonaparte vampire in Mages? Really? After movies like Underworld, Blade, even Twilight and you give us this corny piece of garbage? It would have been better if they just made your eyes red and fangs, probably blood dripping from side too...For the shield, I mean what the hell is that? it looks like a huge buffalo feces on your hand? That doesn't look so vampiric at all...would have been better if it was like a chalice with blood or something...Whatever, but these vanity items aren't passing in my book. That's a bad job even for a free game.

3. Repeated Mobs and Dungeons. I mean, what can I say? This is laziness to its core. I heard they already got everything planned out till level 100, if that's their plan then...the design of level 100 enemies is probably one of the enemy types now...I was expecting animal enemies since the theme encompasses them too, like wolves, humanoid bats, giant spiders, hovering caskets or some shyet, werewolves...giant man or something...LoL anything except skeletons and more skeletons...

4. Towne. I know the game is free and all, but the towne is not mt fang looking you know what I'm saying? Where vampires are...I would have expected a towne inside a huge abandoned cathedral or something like that...nah, again laziness.

5. Quests. 13 quests...is 13 supposed to scare us or something? The idea of questing is to make sense of grinding and forward the story too...totems were good, I actually didn't notice I leveled up because I was so focused on collecting totems in victory lap, they already did it before, why you guys letting that go? These new quests are the usual chore that once you get past them, you go back to grinding...it's like it's just there just so they can say they did it...half baked.

6. Finally, no update on class. I mean at level 65 my skills are maxed out, basically all mages have same build. That's not cool because that removes my uniqueness, I remember donkey in Shrek 2, I want to be unique, and now, we're all the same. Aside from craftin items, what they can do is make a craftin skill or something but it's really hard to get like kill 100,000 mini bosses for a skill called ultima or something like that. This was your chance, and you blew it, now we wait for another update.

That's it, great, that took about 30 minutes of my paid hours LOL. Anyway, thanks for reading, and feel free comment, and I'll see you in-game.

Corpser
11-17-2011, 04:14 AM
remove the profanity and this would be great feedback

zeusabe
11-17-2011, 04:30 AM
Done. Thanks for the feedback on my feedback.......;D

Xazic
11-17-2011, 07:01 AM
I agree with every good side ;) and the 1 and 6 of the bad sides!
But i cannot argue with the vanities as i am a total vanity freak...

Actona679
11-17-2011, 09:11 AM
A spot-on analysis of the game right now!

I have opinions that might be in slight disagreement with yours but basically you've summed it all up pretty darn accurately! One thing I keep wondering is, with all this increased plat spending will the developers soon make a decision to hire more artistic help for the Spacetime Studios team? I suspect the reason we are seeing some rehashed content and artwork is that STS is suffering a bit from growing pains. More games to tend to and the need for an increased audience that will spend lots of money on plat.

Soon...soon we will get that new art director...

Obviously I speak with a total lack of real knowledge. I have no clue what an art position in the gaming industry is called nor the ultimate goals of the STS team. Just tossing out a theory here - Hope I didn't offend anyone from STS ;-)

Conradin
11-17-2011, 09:18 AM
I agree with pretty much everything ya said- good feedback

KTpantyhose
11-17-2011, 10:32 AM
agreed don't like the green on the plat vanity. But it's whatever. Some people like it, some people don't. I wouldn't call it garbage however. That's a bit harsh.

Skeletonlord
11-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Some very constructive criticism here. I agree with you on every point. Great feedback!

Elitephonix
11-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Hmm vERY TRUE. ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE NOVEMBER 24 TO BECOMING NOVEMBER 16(OR SOMETHING)

WoundedEagle
11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Hello, I'm currently not playing PL because I'm awesome...I can do that.
No comment..... though I think there is a word for this... lol

Zeus
11-17-2011, 08:07 PM
No comment..... though I think there is a word for this... lol

Wounded, relax, it was supposed to be satirical. He meant it as a joke; a hook to entertain and convince readers to keep reading.

:)

Ghastly
11-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Great essay feedback thingy bagigar. And everyone has the opinions on te helmet. I think it looks sick lol.

WoundedEagle
11-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Great essay feedback thingy bagigar. And everyone has the opinions on te helmet. I think it looks sick lol.

Happy Birthday!

Wounded, relax, it was supposed to be satirical. He meant it as a joke; a hook to entertain and convince readers to keep reading.

:)
Oh I know lol. :) Was just messing around hahaha :P

zeusabe
11-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey folks, thanks for responding. Anyway, I hope to see you guys in-game. I'm surprised and flattered that veterans replied to this thread, I'm just a regular player with a big mouth in-game. It's been a day since I made this and, I must say, even with all the flaws of Mt. Fang I find myself playing more (buying plat too). Besides, Flaws aren't all that bad, it's better if discussed, and excellent if addressed.

PS: They say I got the British humor...;D

n00b13st
11-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Good feedback, thank you for the thoughts and the time in sharing them. I essentially agree with most of it - the only points I agree or disagree with enough to bother saying anything about ;) are:

Agree:
Bad #1 - I was very upset about the lack of a specific release date. As far as I understand about the level cap persistence set there will be vanities for the items that are passed but the vanities won't carry the buffs that the real items will (hearsay so I can't tell you where this is posted) - so it reduces my overall motivation to reach the cap.

Bad #6 - Skills, i.e. where do we go from here? I was talking about this with co-GM and I had the thought - since there isn't really room for more skills on the screen, how about more levels of them but they cost extra (like 1.5 or 2 points after 6th skill level?) There could be extra requirements and benefits as well - requirements like attribute minimums, kill minimums, quests, etc., benefits could be extra effects beyond just incremental increase in existing effects. I miss the ability to customize attributed like in a Justice League X-Box game I have - I'd love to be able to enhance speed, range, damage, power efficiency, etc. using upgrade slots. For example, 3 slots per skill, in one slot you've saved up for a level 3 efficiency, in one slot you have a level 5 range and the 3rd slot has a level 1 damage. That skill does somewhat more damage (or heals or shields more damage), takes a fair amount less mana and reaches significantly farther.

Disagree:
Bad #2 - I didn't spend a great deal of time studying the whole list as my favorite char is a mage but I didn't think they were garbage. I feel like there is a certain sense of style about the various themes that STS does and it reminds me of Anime/Manga - not that it looks like those styles but there is often a humorous feel to them that I get from STS graphics as well. Storage space for the app is a consideration also, see my second comment below.

Bad #4 - I like Mt. Fang town area and given that I've nearly reached the point that I can't have both PL and SL installed on my old myTouch 3g slide (yes, I know it's 2 years old), I really appreciate every effort to keep the apps as small as possible.