PDA

View Full Version : elite vanities and possibly a problem.....

Corpser
11-17-2011, 07:42 AM
as you know in sl we have gotten an elite vanity per cap (since shipyard ) i think. anyway there are slots for vanity weapons and vanity shields if we get those elite vanity we will all be running around with pistols and shields instead of operative guns the operative guns are really good and the commandos do good aoe damage so once we get all elite ones will we all have to run around with pistols and shields in order to show off elite and get full set bonus ?

i do realize btw that this is a l

BodMaster
11-17-2011, 07:56 AM
As far as im aware, STS are only covering the Armour, and most probably shield.

If this was to happen, how would it affect the Avatars weapon in general? A Vanity only covers the official Gear. So even though we would look like it we would still have Dual Pistols, and AoE damage kept we would just look the same.

We are only on the Helm atm, im sure they will continue with the other armour pieces before moving to the other possible slots :)

JazzBlue
11-17-2011, 09:17 AM
and as these are only VANITY pieces, I don't expect to see any bonuses from them until the full set is out there at the least, even if there is a bonus to them eventually. There very well may not be anything to them, as they are vanities after all.

Vladrac
11-17-2011, 10:08 AM
I think you're confusing the new legendary pistols + legendary shield bonus with the idea of a vanity set bonus. Am I right?

Reggin
11-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Am I the only one who thinks vanities that give any sort of bonus is a bad thing?

If there is a bonus level vanity for each slot, everyone who wants to compete will look identical at level 66...

BodMaster
11-17-2011, 11:12 AM
and as these are only VANITY pieces, I don't expect to see any bonuses from them until the full set is out there at the least, even if there is a bonus to them eventually. There very well may not be anything to them, as they are vanities after all.

Am I the only one who thinks vanities that give any sort of bonus is a bad thing?

If there is a bonus level vanity for each slot, everyone who wants to compete will look identical at level 66...

If STS follow the same path as PL then yes there are Bonus stats for each addition added to the 'Cap' Vanity. There are 3 pieces in PL so far and the above works as explained above. Crown/Shield/(Now)Armour also becomes a big bonus in end game PvP. (The bonus was given after the 56 cap was no longer available so I believe)

Vanity with Bonus has alwaya been a sore subject, if the bonus' affect the gameplay tremendously then they should not be given. A marginal set bonus is always welcome.

When all 'Cap' set is collected im I do believe that a set bonus is in order as players feel a little gratification.

That said, for all we know SL may not get a bonus added at all (until all pieces are collected) ;)

Cyberius
11-17-2011, 11:26 AM
If STS follow the same path as PL then yes there are Bonus stats for each addition added to the 'Cap' Vanity. There are 3 pieces in PL so far and the above works as explained above. Crown/Shield/(Now)Armour also becomes a big bonus in end game PvP. (The bonus was given after the 56 cap was no longer available so I believe)

Vanity with Bonus has alwaya been a sore subject, if the bonus' affect the gameplay tremendously then they should not be given. A marginal set bonus is always welcome.

When all 'Cap' set is collected im I do believe that a set bonus is in order as players feel a little gratification.

That said, for all we know SL may not get a bonus added at all (until all pieces are collected) ;)

Big +1. Well said, Bodmaster. Well said. :)

IGN: Psyonic

Cahaun
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I wonder how they'll make the cap sleeves look good lol. :D