PDA

View Full Version : People are holding on to their gold for the next update?

zeusabe
11-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi, this is just another observation I made since the release of Mt. Fang. I noticed people are holding on to their hard earned golds and most of my in-game friends are planning to just hold on to their existing sets (demonic or glyph) until the next map is released. This got me wondering, when will the next map be released? Did I miss an announcement? This is not a good sign because prices will shoot up, I think a lot of people are paranoid now since Mt. Fang came too soon after Nuri's. I hope an official statement is made re the next update so people can spend with less pressure, and economy to self-correct. It's still a game after all, it's hard enough to deal with real life economy :) Sorry if you would find this inquiry too early, but I think this is worth bringing up to verify if this is true from everyone else's point-of-view since I know I only talk to 0.0001% of the population. Ty.

Ellyidol
11-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Just like any of the previous updates, even the slightest indication of when the next campaign will surface when the time is right :)

I'm pretty sure that STS is still working on polishing and perfecting the current campaign before working on the next. Maybe the concepts are there, but I wouldn't hold my breath (or save my gold) waiting for the next update or announcement.

If it's just gold their holding out on, I wouldn't worry about it. It may actually be a good thing with lesser gold being passed around all the time.

NECROREAPER
11-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Sam said in a previous post that STS is planning on releasing a new campaign every 3 months.

KTpantyhose
11-17-2011, 10:33 AM
i don't understand why... unless they got all their stuff from farming.. cause the new stuff greatly improves your armor and etc.

Skeletonlord
11-17-2011, 10:47 AM
This is the most up to date update. People would hold onto their gold so they have better items than everyone else

FluffNStuff
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
i don't understand why... unless they got all their stuff from farming.. cause the new stuff greatly improves your armor and etc.

People might not feel like they will spend enough time at the level cap to spend the gold on the best items, if they will be replaced so soon. Guess it is all a personal choice.

Kelstrick
11-17-2011, 12:36 PM
With Sam stating that future releases will come every 3 months, my rationale is Demonic is "good enough" for Mt. Fang, so I'm just going to sit tight for 90 days, build up a large war chest and upgrade to the next set of end game gear which will be 2 generations improved and hopefully worthy of the financial investment... If I was getting knocked around in Demonic gear at Mt. Fang like I was in Mega Mage gear at Nuri's or if I did PvP then I'd have a different outlook.

On a somewhat related note, I've been surprised by how many offers I've received to trade or sell my Demonic sets as I can't go into town without getting one or two offers.

BTW, just curious, have you upgraded or are you going to hold onto your gold as well? Good luck and see you at Mt Fang!

RedRyder
11-17-2011, 12:50 PM

No kidding! From nuri's to fang, I jumped from 170 armor to 202 without buffs or a set bonus while being a dex/int Mage. I just won't be spending money on Lilith equips since the cheaper Chiroptera set has more armor, which is what I aim for with my Mage :) I'm quite content with fang

Fyrce
11-17-2011, 01:45 PM
I quite like your high armor gear, Red. I'm not saying I'll give up my set ;) but I might make up a quick load for Fang items, in case I gotta up my armor :)

Gaddy
11-18-2011, 05:34 AM
Considering how schizophrenic the market is these days... I'm hoarding for later!

There are basically 2 types of gear now: pure garbage, and good stuff I can't afford. If I have to use garbage gear at the moment in hopes of possibly aiding affording something good later.... Well, so be it.

It still boggles my mind (well not really) that I can have over 2 million gold and still not be able to afford anything worth having. LAME!