PDA

View Full Version : New game type- RACE!

PatsoeGamer
11-17-2011, 09:50 AM
So there's pvp, ctf, pve. But what about a new game mode - Race

How it works:
Players join a game, can have up to 5 players. Players can team up if they want to also. Therefore it can be good for team (guild) competitions, or those who like to solo.

The maps are made of rooms, unsure how many as I was just playing with ideas in my head!

The rooms progressively get harder, as you will see on my diagram below:

Once players/teams are assembled in the first room, and all rooms confirm they are ready (tap ready button) the game starts. The next room opens and all players rush into the next room and race to clear the mobs in the room. When clear, they get to run to the next room where the next bunch of mobs await the solo/team. As the room is cleared, the opposition is notified with a message on screen that says "team 1 has cleared room 1!

There could be more mobs down each corridor that leads to the next room. In the final room the boss awaits, and all other teams or players are locked out so that the winners can finish the room defeat the boss and claim there prize!

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/patsoe/racemode.gif

Phoenixking
11-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Clever clever and then the one who beats the boss wins but what if its a tie (that would be a really really rare chance) how would it be broken?

cjackyo
11-17-2011, 10:05 AM
This is a great idea. With like 5 or 7 rooms than a boss. Have one for all towns that way all levels of peeps could play. Love it.

PatsoeGamer
11-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Glad you like! Here's my other map I was working on too

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/patsoe/racemode-map.gif

As you can see it shows a birds eye view of the map, team 3 were the team first to clear the mobs in all rooms and progress to the boss room, team 1 & 4 were still I'm room 3, and poor old team two were still slugging it out against the mobs in room 2

To avoid ties, maybe a last one through the door approach could be utilised?