PDA

View Full Version : VPN

Spheresome
08-06-2018, 09:19 AM
Is it really against TOS to use a VPN while doing plat offers in AL, because I have done a lot of plat offers in AL with a VPN on because there is a firewall that wont let me play Arcane Legends unless I use a VPN to get around it :////

Gouiwaa9000
08-06-2018, 11:53 AM
I know 100% that you can get banned for doing plat offers trough a vpn , but not sure about just using one .
Its in the tos that you cant use anything that spoofs your identity , i guess because it would a potential way to get around bans .

DalleManden
08-07-2018, 09:49 AM
congratulations, you just played yo self

Drone
08-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Lmao where da ban-hammer

Spheresome
08-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Well I have not been ban yet and hope I don't get banned for bringing it to the forums because it never explicitly stated in TOS you cant use VPN while playing. Plus i normally use the VPN closest to me, it gives me the fastest speed. and sometimes and sometimes when I use a VPN I dont get any plat offers at all for certain places like fyber which sucks. (Fyber is gone now I think though) So it doesnt make sense how using a VPN can be used as a form of plat farming because sometimes you dont even get offers.

if anything I feel like the devs could hopefully use this as a great oppurtunity to clarify this or not :/

Gouiwaa9000
08-08-2018, 05:22 AM
Well I have not been ban yet and hope I don't get banned for bringing it to the forums because it never explicitly stated in TOS you cant use VPN while playing. Plus i normally use the VPN closest to me, it gives me the fastest speed. and sometimes and sometimes when I use a VPN I dont get any plat offers at all for certain places like fyber which sucks. (Fyber is gone now I think though) So it doesnt make sense how using a VPN can be used as a form of plat farming because sometimes you dont even get offers.

if anything I feel like the devs could hopefully use this as a great oppurtunity to clarify this or not :/

'spoofs' (using of any means to disguise your online identity or alter original attribute information);
^^ Thats a line from the tos referring directly to vpns and any other way to hide your ip .

Spheresome
08-08-2018, 08:18 AM
'spoofs' (using of any means to disguise your online identity or alter original attribute information);
^^ Thats a line from the tos referring directly to vpns and any other way to hide your ip .

Im screwed, sts if you see this pls dont ban me, it was an innocent mistake and I dont think I even masked my IP address too often, i only switched between teh 2 zones closest to me so I could get the fastest internet to play AL :miserable:

DalleManden
08-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Im screwed, sts if you see this pls dont ban me, it was an innocent mistake and I dont think I even masked my IP address too often, i only switched between teh 2 zones closest to me so I could get the fastest internet to play AL :miserable:

Don't worry bud, I don't think the devs will ban you, as it seems like an honest mistake - and you even dared to post it on the forums x)

Spheresome
08-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Don't worry bud, I don't think the devs will ban you, as it seems like an honest mistake - and you even dared to post it on the forums x)

Meep Merp Meep Meep
ty~ xD

Shocan
08-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Meep Merp Meep Meep
ty~ xDAight, although it isn't allowed.... I guess, it shouldn't matter because I tested a VPN with offers and with fyber (this was when it still existed) offered 0 offers. If tapjoy or the iron source one offer offers there is still no way to cheat with it unless... no way! You say you've done nothing wrong, I know you wouldn't do anything wrong. The offers work on a different basis than the rest of the game, they vary based upon location, therefore a VPN... shouldn't work xD You say it does though, so it should have the same or similar offers to where you are even though you're working with a vpn, unless you're using a vpn that spoofs you. Not all do. If it shows an offer you've already completed and you try it again, you shouldnt get plat. At all. And probably a good thing you posted in forums so others can see, so long as we don't bring drama into it. Somehow. Btw how's retirement [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Spheresome
08-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Aight, although it isn't allowed.... I guess, it shouldn't matter because I tested a VPN with offers and with fyber (this was when it still existed) offered 0 offers. If tapjoy or the iron source one offer offers there is still no way to cheat with it unless... no way! You say you've done nothing wrong, I know you wouldn't do anything wrong. The offers work on a different basis than the rest of the game, they vary based upon location, therefore a VPN... shouldn't work xD You say it does though, so it should have the same or similar offers to where you are even though you're working with a vpn, unless you're using a vpn that spoofs you. Not all do. If it shows an offer you've already completed and you try it again, you shouldnt get plat. At all. And probably a good thing you posted in forums so others can see, so long as we don't bring drama into it. Somehow. Btw how's retirement [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Trying retirement? not really working? lol xD Im trying to limit myself :3. and I use Turbo VPN and sometimes betternet when Turbo ticks me ogg

shadowronn
08-10-2018, 03:15 AM

What if some one uses VPN intentionally and then posts such a thread on forums as if it was unintentional?

DalleManden
08-10-2018, 07:18 AM
What if some one uses VPN intentionally and then posts such a thread on forums as if it was unintentional?

That thought has struck me too haha