PDA

View Full Version : Preview - Shimmering Shores Event!

Cinco
08-07-2018, 04:05 PM
LET'S GO TO THE BEACH!
After weeks of getting pummeled in the dreary darkness of the 'Mad Mage's Castle,' the evil MYXX and her cadre of skeletal warriors have decided to find respite on an oft overlooked isle in the lower Humania chain. Shimmering Shores! A temperate holiday paradise embraced by wide sandy beaches and studded with luxurious cabanas. MYXX's trip to the shores would go utterly unnoticed were it not for the fact that MYXX and her pals are die-hard villains who can't keep themselves from scaring the locals, running off the tourists and smashing all the cool tiki artifacts. We'll be going to kick some sand in MYXX's face and grab a few of these new electrifying 'Zap' vanity pieces as souvenirs!

TIMING
The Shimmering Shores Event is scheduled to begin at 12am Friday the 10th and end at 11:59pm on Sunday (Central time).
Bronze, Silver and Gold Tier winners will have two days to buy items from the prize vendor, run the gold-farming zones and enjoy discount Enchantments from Augey and Alfie.

SCORING
This is an individual player leaderboard event.
Blue Skeletons are worth 2 Points. Golden Skeletons are worth 20.
Vixen, Ursan and Avian Bosses are worth 40 Points. Myxx is worth 60.

VICTORY TIERS and PRIZES
Earn 15,000 points for Bronze Tier. 25,000 points for Silver. 35,000 points for Gold.
Bronze, Silver and Gold Tiers all get access to the new Zap Vanity Set (armor, helmet, shields and weapons).
Zap items range in price from 250,000 gold | 100 Platinum to 750,000 gold | 300 Platinum (for character-bound and trade-friendly items, respectively).
Like previous events, each Tier gets a different gold farming zone and each gets a different discount on item Enchantments.
NOTE: The Full Zap Item set gives you +50% run speed in towne and +15% Bonus Gold Loot

BALANCE and LOOT
Even though this event is based on individual score, the content has been balanced for teams.
The event portal offers the option to 'Go Solo' or 'Go Multi' (so you can party-up and vacation together or storm the beach by your bad self)!
Ok'Tal and War Bird Pet buffs will not apply when adventuring on Shimmering Shores.
Myxx has a chance to drop the 'Black Gold' vanity sword:

...and the 'Angelic Blue Persistence' helm (that can be used to complete the Blue Angel set):

Good luck to all!!

Guanek
08-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Let me guess, level 100+ event again...

Idevour
08-07-2018, 04:08 PM
Sword looks cool but the other pieces are already in the game

Cinco
Let me guess, level 100+ event again...

You guess wrong.

Jilsponie
I would have been happy with another mad mage Castle event... But this is even better!
Can't wait to see these new vanities! You know we're going to ask for pics :)

One thing starting to bother me though... I keep opening this new elixir tab using my joystick. Could that be moved slightly up where it doesn't have as much of a chance to effect gameplay?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Cinco
08-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Sword looks cool but the other pieces are already in the game

Yeah. I only show the sword (and the buckler if u look close). There's a 2H Sword, a Talon, a Wand, an Axe and a Bow, a kite shield, a buckler and a bracer rn.

I'll preview the armors if I get time later ;-)

Idevour
08-07-2018, 04:11 PM
Yeah. I only show the sword (and the buckler if u look close). There's a 2H Sword, a Talon, a Wand, an Axe and a Bow, a kite shield, a buckler and a bracer rn.

Thats great, excited to see the other peices
Will this be a guild or individual event

Xyzther
08-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Gold event following this event? And also any way to prevent people from botting this event? And can you please add a hotdog stand in guild hall because my character looked really hungry today

Fwend
08-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Humania was always beautifully designed and the music, those bongos makes one want to dance to.

Little video teaser of the zap vanity items makes us excited.

Can't wait for more details.

Draebatad
08-07-2018, 05:02 PM
That's a nice and seasonal change of scenery for the next pve event. The video clip shows the very cool moving effects of the sword. That vanity sword is calling to me. Looking forward to seeing the other items. Will stay tuned for more details.

XghostzX
08-07-2018, 05:04 PM
This is dope, can't wait. Thanks Cinco :)

3pc
08-07-2018, 05:11 PM
Sweet event couple questions going live on friday or Saturday? Will there be gold farming after event? And what are the new loots that will be replacing the eggs and White lights/Black gold sets?

Dolloway
08-07-2018, 05:12 PM

I think the buckler was accidentally added to the game last event as a reward purchase. The gold purchasable version of the buckler during the last event looks exactly like the one in the picture. The plat purchasable version of the buckler last event had a different look though, I'm guessing the look that was intended for both purchasable versions, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the event :)

MATTHIEU
08-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Why not make an event for at least level 50+ players... this sucks...

https://www.facebook.com/pocketlegends/videos/2554151411268996/

There's been a fair bit of 'vacation' talk making its way 'round the forums... so I figured this weekend's event should send us all to the beach!
After weeks of getting pummeled in the dreary darkness of the 'Mad Mage's Castle,' the evil MYX and her cadre of skeletal warriors have decided to find respite on an oft overlooked isle in the lower Humania chain.
Shimmering Shores! A temperate holiday paradise embraced by wide sandy beaches and studded with luxurious cabanas.
MYX's trip to the shores would go utterly unnoticed were it not for the fact that MYX and her pals are die-hard villains who can't keep themselves from scaring the locals, running off the tourists and smashing all the cool tiki artifacts.

We'll be going to kick some sand in MYX's face and grab a few of these new electrifying 'Zap' vanity pieces as souvenirs!

Sent from my Around The World using Tapatalk

Mine AGK
08-07-2018, 05:16 PM
As much as i appreciate the event. Would have liked to see something newer and better looking HOWEVER i do love the animation. Keep up the good work, i hope we can use warbird this event.

Buchmeister
08-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Will we see the return of the 71 humania elites are retextured vanities? :o

Alphasemana
08-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Awesome looking event! I'm curious as to the allowance of pets. Will dev work since it's technically not a Mad mage cave map (lol) or alternatively will Warbird work since it's a Myx event? Or are pets altogether excluded from events?

Jilsponie
08-07-2018, 05:25 PM
I'd like to see pets excluded myself. Levels the playing field for newer players. And that's coming from someone with both the 4k warbird and Dev.

Cinco
08-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Why not make an event for at least level 50+ players... this sucks...

So you want me to exclude players below level 50? No thanks. I prefer it being open to every level.

Cinco
08-07-2018, 05:35 PM
I think the buckler was accidentally added to the game last event as a reward purchase. The gold purchasable version of the buckler during the last event looks exactly like the one in the picture. The plat purchasable version of the buckler last event had a different look though, I'm guessing the look that was intended for both purchasable versions, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the event :)

I'll look into the issue. Sounds to me like some people are going to be pretty upset when I fix it (but this is my life) :-/

Hawkbby
08-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Hey Cinco keep up the fantastic work and job you’re doing. As a player I appreciate it. My question regarding effects, is this set going to have the 3x speed in pve maps and not towns? Also whoever came up with the idea of splitting the combo elixir up into 10 plat for DMG/SPEED/LUCK etc etc, thank you so much! I have yet to try it but it’s very convenient! Keep it up m8.

MATTHIEU
08-07-2018, 05:56 PM
So you want me to exclude players below level 50? No thanks. I prefer it being open to every level.i said at least... but hold up its for all level players!!! [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50]

XghostzX
08-07-2018, 06:02 PM
i said at least... but hold up its for all level players!!! [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50]

Yes, it is.

Nipunsky
08-07-2018, 06:33 PM
THIS LOOKS SO DOPE HOLLYYYY
P.s. can we please get a gold farming map at the end? ;-;

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Chaasivab
08-07-2018, 06:48 PM
I didn’t like the humania cap... sadly I should have played it after questing I really like that map... will be nice to use it for events! Has sts figured out a way to allow for group events where you can run in groups and if you run by yourself it scales. Something like that I might not be making any sense but somehow making it where the points are still solo to you but you can run in a group would be cool. This would make events more fun and with discord we could all run and chat and would get lesser burned out compared to running by ourselves.

Guanek
08-07-2018, 06:51 PM
I hope pets re excluded aswell :/ real big advantage vs the unwealthy side.

Iamxmayhem
08-07-2018, 07:11 PM
I have to agree with hawkbby, the idea of adding the elixirs to the side the way you did, and splitting into individual elixirs is brilliant, I’m pretty sure people were waiting a long time for an elixir update , and you knocked it out the park!

ababioka
08-07-2018, 07:24 PM
Will we see the return of the 71 humania elites are retextured vanities? :opersonally don't want this to happen, but I'd it does I think it should be a crafting thing, like you use a weapon version of esb and a crafting recipe to craft the vanity, just to keep it rare.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Draebatad
08-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Recolored is the way to go if you must do styles of old. There's room for new vanities that are a nod to humania and other realms.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?420158-MORE-easily-implemented-suggestions!

sabin.paulescu
08-07-2018, 08:59 PM
This is amazing ! Keep it up with the hard work !:)

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J530F folosind Tapatalk

Faq
08-07-2018, 10:06 PM
There were rumors about team based pve event. Will this event be solo or have the ability to run as a group, like black dragon event way back when? Had to kill boss like 200 times or something for that "event", but you could run with a group which made it a lot more fun.

xzLegendszx
08-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Good job cinco i Love it already.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

burntoutdex
08-08-2018, 03:37 AM
Cinco, you're wonderful! thank you for everything you do for this community!

Mine AGK
08-08-2018, 03:08 PM
Are we going to get anything else? Enchants? Vendor? Or is this just gonna be a pve event for farming the new zap set. Id also like to know the point thesholds and what the vendor will be selling if we get one. Thanks ��

Cinco
08-08-2018, 04:38 PM
OP Updated with score thresholds, pricing info and more pics.

Some other highlights:
- Content is balanced for groups. Players get a 'go solo / go multi' option when entering.
- Gold farming zones and discount Enchantments for the winners.
- Pet buffs do not apply (this goes for Ok'Tal Pets, Dev and the War Bird).
- Two new loot drops from Myxx: a Black Gold vanity sword and an Angelic Blue Persistence helm.
- Wear the full Zap Vanity item set to get +50% run speed in townes and +15% Bonus Gold Loot.

Ripanda
08-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Quick question, are crystal keys able to be used in this event?

Buchmeister
08-08-2018, 04:59 PM

Some other highlights:
- Content is balanced for groups. Players get a 'go solo / go multi' option when entering.
- Two new loot drops from Myxx: a Black Gold vanity sword and an Angelic Blue Persistence helm.
- Wear the full Zap Vanity item set to get +50% run speed in townes and +15% Bonus Gold Loot.

Not gonna lie, the Zap set would look much nicer if the energy effects were a nice electric green with the silver plate.

Mine AGK
08-08-2018, 05:01 PM

Some other highlights:

Awesome, though you left out white lightning vanity weapon. Would have been awesome to reskin the laser talon of void with lightning effects.

3pc
08-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Amazing event cinco like usual but can we add a lightning weapon to the loot as well as some other vanitys if your not too busy😜

ababioka
08-08-2018, 05:07 PM
awesome job Cinco! anyway we could get some more loot added?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jilsponie
08-08-2018, 05:14 PM
New vanities look awesome! Adding to the vanity sets of past was a great idea imo. Would be cool if we could get different off hand vanities as well, mages and birds look like their hiding behind the Black Dragon Crest. It just looks weird to me :D

Cinco
08-08-2018, 05:30 PM

We've got some variants this time 'round :-)

Jilsponie
08-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Woot! Yay!

Dolloway
08-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Very cool indeed.

Mine AGK
08-08-2018, 05:58 PM

The weapon reminds me of the tron discs from the movie/game. Would be even funnier if the attack animation was the same

Draebatad
08-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Cinco,

I appreciate all of the delightful new content (as opposed to only recolors). The new vanity weapons are amazing. I am sure we will see more new vanity weapons to match other sets (such as white lightning, etc) released in future events. Thanks for allowing a "go solo" or "go multi-player" option for this event.

I have to ask: If someone goes solo, are they at a disadvantage over those doing group runs? It would seem so, because you said, "Even though this event is based on individual score, the content has been balanced for teams".

Thanks for this pve event. I am definitely looking forward to it!

Cinco
08-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Yes. By default a solo player is at a disadvantage compared to a full team. My testing indicates that this can be off-set with elixirs and enchantments.

I hope to offer experiences that are balanced for solo and for groups in the future :-)

DivineMoustache
08-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Dev doesn't work in the map, correct? Also, what about the gold farming map?

Draebatad
08-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Yes. By default a solo player is at a disadvantage compared to a full team. My testing indicates that this can be off-set with elixirs and enchantments.

I hope to offer experiences that are balanced for solo and for groups in the future :-)

Gotcha - thank you.

Dev doesn't work in the map, correct?

No stat pets work: "Ok'Tal and War Bird Pet buffs will not apply when adventuring on Shimmering Shores." - Cinco

Mine AGK
08-08-2018, 06:26 PM

This is why we suggested hostable that way we can create our own teams and maximize our elixirs and/or speed. Hopefully if any future team type pve events come, we can have this option.

Fwend
08-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Thank you for updating the OP for details of this Shimmering Shores Event.

The new Zap vanity looks awesome, can't wait to see the movement on the items.

My friends and I are looking forward to this group style farming event.

Now that the rewards of the gold farming maps have been determined. Will you introduce your counter measure for all these gold bots on game? With the added gold loot of 300% on amulets. This will definitely make them exploit this even more.

Draebatad
08-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Cinco, will kills count towards the entire group no matter who makes the kill? Or does only the person who lands the killing hit get the points for that kill?

Xyzther
08-08-2018, 06:53 PM
Cinco, will kills count towards the entire group no matter who makes the kill? Or does only the person who lands the killing hit get the points for that kill?

I’d assume we continue using the same system that’s been in effect the past 8 years

Chaasivab
08-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Hey Cinco,

Two really quick questions?

1. Are kill point counted for everyone no matter who kills it?
2. With teams are they 100-105 can run together 90-80 can run together? If it scales to the highest person no matter what level lower levels will just be running around doing nothing and it will be like soloing and boring for them. I’m just asking because I’m not sure how you scaled it and organized the team setting. Just trying to make it more fun for everyone I don’t want to be a lower level and just follow killing nothing to 35k points. Why I was wondering about the portal putting you with a level range to make it more fun.

3pc
08-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Cinco can we be able to host the map so we can run with our friends since running solo is at a disadvantage?

Bats
08-08-2018, 09:27 PM
A good solution would be to allow users to host maps. It's kind of like the gold farming maps: Whenever a low level joins and doesn't do any work, they can be kicked!

And the entire should be able to earn kill points no matter who kills it. Multiple people inside one map makes PVE fun and encourages those who don't like to PVE to try it out for the event.

Chaasivab
08-08-2018, 09:47 PM
A good solution would be to allow users to host maps. It's kind of like the gold farming maps: Whenever a low level joins and doesn't do any work, they can be kicked!

And the entire should be able to earn kill points no matter who kills it. Multiple people inside one map makes PVE fun and encourages those who don't like to PVE to try it out for the event.

The easiest fix is to just scale all lower level players to 105 damage of a certain number and then everything is solved and well! Then all levels can run together and lower levels can see the fun of higher levels and make some new friends to help them level even after the event is over!

Bats
08-08-2018, 09:56 PM
The easiest fix is to just scale all lower level players to 105 damage of a certain number and then everything is solved and well! Then all levels can run together and lower levels can see the fun of higher levels and make some new friends to help them level even after the event is over!

Usually how it works is that all levels can join games (by portal or join screen) within the next +/- 5 multiple of their level (5,10,15,20,etc.). Then, the enemies are simply made easier for that level bracket.

Iamxmayhem
08-09-2018, 08:09 AM
CINCO THE ZAP SET IS LOCO BRO. Love it! Hope to see a zap wand! I have one serious question for you to consider! PSY.KO, your amazing fast cap vanity pet offers a 2.5k bonus, where as warbird offers a 4K bonus. Being that the psy.ko is much more rare, is there anyway that you could make it where PSY.ko and DEV dragon can be combined for a 4.5k BONUS? Just to assure psyko remains the best pet?

Cinco
08-09-2018, 08:36 AM
I'll consider a hosting feature for the next PvE event. This time 'round we'll use the portals... we'll mix and mingle and maybe meet some new friends.

Points are awarded to the player who made the killing strike to prevent leeching by inactive players.

Xyzther
08-09-2018, 09:16 AM
CINCO THE ZAP SET IS LOCO BRO. Love it! Hope to see a zap wand! I have one serious question for you to consider! PSY.KO, your amazing fast cap vanity pet offers a 2.5k bonus, where as warbird offers a 4K bonus. Being that the psy.ko is much more rare, is there anyway that you could make it where PSY.ko and DEV dragon can be combined for a 4.5k BONUS? Just to assure psyko remains the best pet?

As someone with Psyko, I don’t support this. We all had our fun with psyko back in 100 cap, but now that period of time is over. Since it was awarded for capping 100 fast it would make sense to have it be the best pet for 100 cap, but a lot of new people have joined the game since, and I don’t feel like it’s very fair to have them at a disadvantage without them having had the chance to get the pet. Psyko is still the best pet for maps that aren’t in the MYXX campaign, and it looks pretty cool too! I think Psyko is doing just fine right now

Chaasivab
08-09-2018, 10:55 AM
I'll consider a hosting feature for the next PvE event. This time 'round we'll use the portals... we'll mix and mingle and maybe meet some new friends.

Points are awarded to the player who made the killing strike to prevent leeching by inactive players.

I can’t say I like the killing blow gets the points, but I see where you are coming from. I think they should add an inactive autokick to the game after a certain amount of time and then bring points for all back on the table if possible.

Maybe 30 seconds standing still just like portals disappear after a certain amount of time.

Bats
08-09-2018, 11:03 AM
I can’t say I like the killing blow gets the points, but I see where you are coming from. I think they should add an inactive autokick to the game after a certain amount of time and then bring points for all back on the table if possible.

I agree - Everyone (within a game) should be able to get points regardless if they get the killing blow or not. This is the main purpose people prefer teams for -- in PVE maps to level up, they benefit from each other by helping each other kill enemies while all gaining experience points (and in this case it's to earn points). Allowing games to be hostable would fix the player inactivity issue (since the host can boot).

Chaasivab
08-09-2018, 11:18 AM
I agree - Everyone (within a game) should be able to get points regardless if they get the killing blow or not. This is the main purpose people prefer teams for -- in PVE maps to level up, they benefit from each other by helping each other kill enemies while all gaining experience points (and in this case it's to earn points). Allowing games to be hostable would fix the player inactivity issue (since the host can boot).

I like everything you have said and agree. The only thing I don’t agree with what you are saying is the hostsble maps if some things don’t change.The only problem that could come of this is if a player has 4 game accounts with characters they could all join and afk in their lobby. Autokick timer makes it much more annoying for people who want to outsmart the system.

Once that is implemented somehow I would think hosting maps and running with anyone would be perfect with a few minor fixes needed to be made later!

Getdoxed
08-09-2018, 01:43 PM
If only the person who lands the killing blow gets points what's the point of playing with others? You could be missing out on a lot of points if everyone is active since only one person will be getting points for the gold skeletons and bosses.. Could you possibly have pets active for just solo players because you said we're at a disadvantage compared to a full team?

Draebatad
08-09-2018, 02:34 PM

Yes, that's one of the main reasons why we do group runs, gaining more xp, or in this case, more points. Hosting would be great but it sounds like that's for a future event. Good feedback for next time.

If only the person who lands the killing blow gets points what's the point of playing with others? You could be missing out on a lot of points if everyone is active since only one person will be getting points for the gold skeletons and bosses.. Could you possibly have pets active for just solo players because you said we're at a disadvantage compared to a full team?

You will be missing out on a lot of points if you're not op, kill steals will be a common problem. Warbird would be a great solution when running solo, or until solo is balanced for the individual player (which isn't the case right now).

Cinco
08-09-2018, 02:45 PM
We have a problem with bots and boosting. Giving everyone credit for every kill in the zone exacerbates the issue. This particular aspect is one of the major issues that will make offering a 'hosted' version of the event dungeon very difficult to design and execute.

3pc
08-10-2018, 12:52 AM
Event is running smoothly real nice but the stystem is very flawed.. so hard for low level to collect points and everyone else. Can easily be ksed so fast might have to drop gold tier from 35k to 25k prehaps even 20 took me almost a hour to get 1k points and im a bird lol very difficult for low levels to even kill them since they with higher levels

Idevour
08-10-2018, 01:09 AM
This map i think the myxx lixir should last longer than 10 minutes. The runs take much longer because of how much harder it is to kill the mobs. Id recommend extending the time to 30 minutes per lixir

Jensmage
08-10-2018, 02:28 AM
If the myxx elixir was 30min, then there will be more vanities available. That will drop the price of the vanities and no point in farming. No motivation. Got the Angel Helm of Persistence after reaching 9.4k points. Not bad...

Mine AGK
08-10-2018, 02:40 AM
If the myxx elixir was 30min, then there will be more vanities available. That will drop the price of the vanities and no point in farming. No motivation. Got the Angel Helm of Persistence after reaching 9.4k points. Not bad...

This is once again a great example as to why it should either be increased OR dont allow it this event. Its better for solo events and not events that require too much time. This event has already discouraged people alot due to the amount of points you get in teams and solo combined with the amount of time needed to even get a decent amount of points per run. 3 runs in teams that were comprised of randoms that do very little damage because they are low level and just blatant kill steals even while im on 3x. I managed 400 points in 3 team runs.

Jilsponie
08-10-2018, 06:01 AM
Reaching gold tier for farming is going to take way too long. Asking around people are getting 600-1.5k an hour depending on their blessings. That would be overwhelming for the people with 1.25s getting 600. Would take them over 50 hours, and even bronze would be 20 hours+ :/

sabin.paulescu
08-10-2018, 06:20 AM
Compared to the last PVE event , this one it's way harder for lower level for example 15 to 40 players that don't have a 60 dmg amulet , they almost deal no Dmg. And that is not the worst part , because we spend our whole week on getting to gold tier , we have no time for the best part of the evemt (in my opinion) which are the gold farming zones ... Of course , maybe its just me and i'm just insane , but even so I thought that atleast it's some feedback :)

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J530F folosind Tapatalk

Basauli
08-10-2018, 09:23 AM
Are you able to farm gold directly after you reach 35k points?

Guanek
08-10-2018, 09:28 AM
Your reply literaly just copied the points i made...And players past level 30 can use 60dmg amulets.

MATTHIEU
08-10-2018, 11:06 AM
LET'S GO TO THE BEACH!
After weeks of getting pummeled in the dreary darkness of the 'Mad Mage's Castle,' the evil MYXX and her cadre of skeletal warriors have decided to find respite on an oft overlooked isle in the lower Humania chain. Shimmering Shores! A temperate holiday paradise embraced by wide sandy beaches and studded with luxurious cabanas. MYXX's trip to the shores would go utterly unnoticed were it not for the fact that MYXX and her pals are die-hard villains who can't keep themselves from scaring the locals, running off the tourists and smashing all the cool tiki artifacts. We'll be going to kick some sand in MYXX's face and grab a few of these new electrifying 'Zap' vanity pieces as souvenirs!

TIMING
The Shimmering Shores Event is scheduled to begin at 12am Friday the 10th and end at 11:59pm on Sunday (Central time).
Bronze, Silver and Gold Tier winners will have two days to buy items from the prize vendor, run the gold-farming zones and enjoy discount Enchantments from Augey and Alfie.

SCORING

VICTORY TIERS and PRIZES
Earn 15,000 points for Bronze Tier. 25,000 points for Silver. 35,000 points for Gold.
Bronze, Silver and Gold Tiers all get access to the new Zap Vanity Set (armor, helmet, shields and weapons).
Zap items range in price from 250,000 gold | 100 Platinum to 750,000 gold | 300 Platinum (for character-bound and trade-friendly items, respectively).
Like previous events, each Tier gets a different gold farming zone and each gets a different discount on item Enchantments.
NOTE: The Full Zap Item set gives you +50% run speed in towne and +15% Bonus Gold Loot

BALANCE and LOOT
Even though this event is based on individual score, the content has been balanced for teams.
The event portal offers the option to 'Go Solo' or 'Go Multi' (so you can party-up and vacation together or storm the beach by your bad self)!
Ok'Tal and War Bird Pet buffs will not apply when adventuring on Shimmering Shores.

...and the 'Angelic Blue Persistence' helm (that can be used to complete the Blue Angel set):

Good luck to all!!so the winners need to buy the zap set with gold or platinum???

Cinco
08-10-2018, 11:08 AM
so the winners need to buy the zap set with gold or platinum???

Yes. With either gold or with platinum.

MATTHIEU
08-10-2018, 11:41 AM
does the whole zap set starts at 250.000 gold or is one item for example the body 250.000 gold???
LET'S GO TO THE BEACH!

TIMING

SCORING

VICTORY TIERS and PRIZES

BALANCE and LOOT

Good luck to all!!

Chaasivab
08-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Thank you Cinco for all your hardwork. I suggest future events that you run as a group have higher points for tiers as it is now really easy to hit gold tier. I’m sorry for all these people who keep complaining about everything in this game.

Group play is now alive more than ever!

MageFFA
08-10-2018, 02:15 PM
For those looking to complete this Event with twink level characters here is my most helpful tip. AOE weapon with max AOE skills for your class.

xzLegendszx
08-10-2018, 02:26 PM
Thank you Cinco for all your hardwork. I suggest future events that you run as a group have higher points for tiers as it is now really easy to hit gold tier. I’m sorry for all these people who keep complaining about everything in this game.

Group play is now alive more than ever!If a level 105 is in ur game u will be doing almost no dmg to the monsters if you're low level.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Cinco
08-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Level 105 carries this one.

MageFFA
08-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Level 105 carries this one.

Can you decrease the armor or Damage Value on mobs for twink a little. These guys, especially Gold Skeles and Bosses, are Glass Cannons and Zombie Bulls. Takes over a couple minutes just to kill the mimi bosses and takes over a couple minutes to clear til you get to said bosses.

Draebatad
08-10-2018, 04:12 PM
The numerous low level leeching is very real. Host option would be nice. Not making friends with those who take party slots and do nothing.

Guanek
08-10-2018, 04:14 PM
The numerous low level leeching is very real. Host option would be nice. Not making friends with those who take party slots and do nothing.What i said! Cinco quoted my post and said in the near future.

MageFFA
08-10-2018, 04:15 PM
The numerous low level leeching is very real. Host option would be nice. Not making friends with those who take party slots and do nothing.

There is going to be leeching when it's really hard just to clear the starting area with a twink. I myself burn over 20+pots just clearing the first stage then over 40 trying to fight the bosses.

Draebatad
08-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Quick fix: make it 100+

MageFFA
08-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Quick fix: make it 100+

Make what 100+?

Draebatad
08-10-2018, 04:44 PM
What do you think? The event.

Most profit comes from the most successful event. I'd say there's room for improvement. Hostable, 100+, split levels into zones. There's options.

Cinco
08-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Yup. This one isn’t my best. Looking forward to the next one though :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MageFFA
08-10-2018, 04:50 PM
What do you think? The event.

Most profit comes from the most successful event. I'd say there's room for improvement. Hostable, 100+, split levels into zones. There's options.

The entire problem with this event so far is merely the fact the mobs and bosses are amped up waaay to high. There wouldn't be any major leeching if it wasn't for this. Endgamers are already done with this event while twink players are still stuck at 1 and 5k.

Making this event 100+ wouldn't be fair as we already had a endgame only event, and if people didn't catch on by now let it be known that PL does not AND NEVER DID revolve around just endgame so there is absolutely no reason to start now.

Draebatad
08-10-2018, 04:53 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, 5pm on a Friday. Lessons learned is aways golden in the end. Have a nice weekend.

Jilsponie
08-10-2018, 04:54 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDidn't Halloween maps used to put people into scaled maps, instead of scaling the mobs? If something like that was implemented, and people joined rooms with those the same level, seems like that would eliminate the need to host. And make maps easier to clear for everyone involved, thus gold tier farming.

The thought of everyone getting the gold tier map last pve event encouraged me to spend over 2k Platinum just on elixirs to farm for vanities to take their hard earned gold with. Giving me the luxury of sitting the gold farming out after my purchase. Without seeing everyone accumulate points at a faster rate, I just don't have that motivation.

Cinco
08-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Added the ability to host the Shimmering Shores maps.

Have a beautiful, relaxing weekend. Love you all!!