PDA

View Full Version : Confused and maybe getting on a bit..

Susanne
08-11-2018, 01:47 AM
Is anyone else feeling this way? I'm asking for advice actually. I'm not sure I want to play much lately and if I did decide it was time to take my leave, how do I share my Alorian Worldly goods? Or...do I just take a holiday (vacation in American language)? I don't understand why we have so many sets and please don't even mention the Spirit stuff, I can't get my head around that. Everything seems so expensive and now even high levels are asking me for loans because they gambled theirs at Spendalot's place. I just feel terrible when I log in whereas before I used to feel excited and relaxed in the knowledge I was in for some 'me' time, away from real life worries. What with trying to understand what all the elixirs do and trying to craft with minimal slots (I shouldn't have to use other characters) I'm what my title says, in other words, over the hill. I'm off to get some antacid tablets.

Azerothraven
08-11-2018, 02:13 AM
You friends are lazy. They should farm instead of begging for gold

Rauitri
08-11-2018, 02:20 AM
We need Pvp. I bet the majority of new players have never experienced a true alive bracket.

Pve was fun at first, as it gave players guranteed profit with the introduction of Maus and goldloot. It became tedious and repetitive seeing the same people/map and strategic style to finish the map.

We can say that we "Mastered Pve" as we players learn fast enough to easily just make the best composition and follow the same one over and over.

The re-introduction of Pvp should have a wider option in terms of builds/pets/gears/strategies and team composition. Less boring and a higher retention from us.

We wouldn't feel like our enemy is always a computer, but instead other people. People need a change of game mode, Pve being the only one alive is legit useless. We earn gold buy vanities and stand in towns. Or earn gold buy better gears to finish maps faster and whats the goal really? To earn more gold/loot?

We Players need a break of doing Pve for 2years. Give us pvp back or a new game mode.

The "Pvp" in the fester outpost is too messy. We'll only face traitors, more gangs, trash talks and big lvl ranges. Its informal thats all.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Susanne
08-11-2018, 02:30 AM
You friends are lazy. They should farm instead of begging for gold
They don't beg..they ask politely for a loan. I don't always give, it depends on the person and how much. There are lots of factors involved and I don't blame them, I blame their addiction. It's a known fact that some people can get addicted to gambling, just like people get addicted to playing online games. Anyway, that's not the whole picture, it's all the other stuff I mentioned. I think I may be taking the holiday route, you helped me make up my mind. Thankyou. 😎

Bryx0023
08-11-2018, 02:36 AM
We need Pvp. I bet the majority of new players have never experienced a true alive bracket.

Pve was fun at first, as it gave players guranteed profit with the introduction of Maus and goldloot. It became tedious and repetitive seeing the same people/map and strategic style to finish the map.

We can say that we "Mastered Pve" as we players learn fast enough to easily just make the best composition and follow the same one over and over.

The re-introduction of Pvp should have a wider option in terms of builds/pets/gears/strategies and team composition. Less boring and a higher retention from us.

We wouldn't feel like our enemy is always a computer, but instead other people. People need a change of game mode, Pve being the only one alive is legit useless. We earn gold buy vanities and stand in towns. Or earn gold buy better gears to finish maps faster and whats the goal really? To earn more gold/loot?

We Players need a break of doing Pve for 2years. Give us pvp back or a new game mode.

The "Pvp" in the fester outpost is too messy. We'll only face traitors, more gangs, trash talks and big lvl ranges. Its informal thats all.

+1 to this, maybe all we need is the fun of the old pvp, however I can't imagine fair pvp returning because of the class imbalance and op awakes. Maybe some rules/changes are needed to be implemented to liven up pvp. But meh, by looking on the current situation, it's really hard to do pvp when the majority of the players are focused on pve.

Susanne
08-11-2018, 05:19 AM
+1 to this, maybe all we need is the fun of the old pvp, however I can't imagine fair pvp returning because of the class imbalance and op awakes. Maybe some rules/changes are needed to be implemented to liven up pvp. But meh, by looking on the current situation, it's really hard to do pvp when the majority of the players are focused on pve.

Yes to both of you. When I was on my very first character, a long time ago, I liked PvP. The pet in those days for a rogue was meep-moop. I unfortunately rage quit but not because of PvP, it was some stupid drama in PvE. When I came back I concentrated on levelling back up and we had new things and
I just didn't think about PvP until it was too late. Although I don't PvP, I do miss seeing the twinks and enjoyed the conversations we had. I feel that the game is more for endgamers, a lot of players have said it so I'm not alone with this conclusion. The Festerfang arena is good but not for players who are wanting the satisfaction of gaining achievements and some old fashioned camaraderie. Surely it's not difficult to make that aspect of the game like it once was. It would help AL immensely and I would give it a go if it was made fairer. Players can still be endgamers and play PvP, maybe make twinks again. I love Arcane Legends, it's the only game I play, maybe I'm too old. I am 5 Arlorian years old. Almost as old as Bjorn. 😢.

PostNoob
08-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Hardcore mode. 1 life. Lose all the gear you wear on death. Or the pvp thing, even though i wouldnt pvp regardless.

Azerothraven
08-11-2018, 07:10 AM
They don't beg..they ask politely for a loan. I don't always give, it depends on the person and how much. There are lots of factors involved and I don't blame them, I blame their addiction. It's a known fact that some people can get addicted to gambling, just like people get addicted to playing online games. Anyway, that's not the whole picture, it's all the other stuff I mentioned. I think I may be taking the holiday route, you helped me make up my mind. Thankyou. ��

Tons of scammers out there be careful

Rauitri
08-11-2018, 07:14 AM
Hardcore mode. 1 life. Lose all the gear you wear on death. Or the pvp thing, even though i wouldnt pvp regardless.1+ hardcore, just like in Minecraft. Yes Pvp wouldn't be for everyone. But those who desire and are nostalgic with it.

I bet there are still thousands of active players that are missing the ecosystem of Pvp. I also assure that thousands more that never experienced Pvp would love to try, just because they're bored seeing the same maps. The idea of randomizing maps is good, but that even was given boredom.

Flamesofanger
08-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Don't let beggers pressure you into giving them what they want, who knows if their legit low levels in need of a hand or just alts of a main toon.

Take care susie, hope things get better for you.

Susanne
08-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Don't let beggers pressure you into giving them what they want, who knows if their legit low levels in need of a hand or just alts of a main toon.

Take care susie, hope things get better for you.
Saw your videos. Very good. Great editing and love the music. Thankyou and take care 😊.
P.S. I'm only going on a short holiday to the coast, somewhere where WiFi doesn't exist. I suppose it's a sort of rehab.

Warriorknown
08-11-2018, 12:57 PM
An advice I can give you is to collect armors.I always find it relaxing because there are no complicated PVE stuff such as stats,builds,etc. Collecting is based on what armors you like:)

Xxkayakxx
08-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Saw your videos. Very good. Great editing and love the music. Thankyou and take care ��.
P.S. I'm only going on a short holiday to the coast, somewhere where WiFi doesn't exist. I suppose it's a sort of rehab.

Enjoy your holidays and real life ;) sometimes is better than any virtual one!

intizamfamily888
08-11-2018, 03:56 PM
We need more pvp drama!!! I know this may sound dumb, but drama causes ppl to get more motivated to build up op characters and spend gold nd plat and encourages to play

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Alwarez
08-11-2018, 11:05 PM
Relax, all of overpriced spirit stuff, mire artis and rings are a gold sink for guys who exploited gl in mauso. It's possible to play everything with endless set and legendary weapon.

Rauitri
08-11-2018, 11:25 PM
Relax, all of overpriced spirit stuff, mire artis and rings are a gold sink for guys who exploited gl in mauso. It's possible to play everything with endless set and legendary weapon.Spirit gears can be considered sinks, as we liquidate gold crafting tokens. But I don't think these Mire gears are. We don't liquidate gold when buying/looting these gears. Its just new entities to be exchanged with gold that can be distributed or circulated, and not to be removed from circulation.

People still earn gold in maps, at the same time a chance to loot gears. So if the community can generate new gold to be part of the economy faster then there is to sink, then there would be no depreciation, but rather inflation long-term.

Buying overpriced items isn't gold sink either, but called distribution.

Kairihearts
08-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Aw no my friend Susie I'll miss you don't quit AL please :(

Enjoy your small break huni see you soon on AL :3

Snowman Is here
08-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Less events like this previous one too...events are supposed to be competitive, profitable, yet still really fun. I agree on some players feeling extremely confused/bored on what to do in al nowadays with (not-the-best) events and a hard focus on endgame difficulty like set gears and raids. Most people and sts will answer bluntly, “Just farm, work your way to get what you want.”, while I agree they’re really forgetting a key aspect; fun. It’s not as fun as it used to be.

Just my thoughts about it.

Tippertwo
08-13-2018, 08:05 AM
Awh we’ll miss you so much :(...honestly I ignore those who beg for gold. It’s easier than it used to be just to get a LITTLE gold. And I’m waiting for an opportunity to say this: “Irl, do u go on the street to beg? If not, then why do u do it on here?” This game is the worst when it comes to scammers and beggars...I’m probably just going on :p ...you are too nice a person, and it’s horrible that people take advantage of that.
Also I feel like it’s harder to earn gold (as the above person stated) ... I was looking forward to selling the heroic pet last event...and I feel like the events r more directed toward lb runners. Like wth...12k points for plat when u barely get any points to begin with?! Also I’m still not relaxed about that marriage system....nor will I ever be.....oh well, that’s the world for ya folks :p
I hope everything turns out with whatever u decide next, Susie. God bless <3

Sir zir
08-13-2018, 09:23 AM
Have you tried taking to mom about this problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PsychoNuke
08-13-2018, 12:01 PM
I am kinda off this game too nowadays, the poor planing of the expansion in terms of content difficulty, gear progression and worst of all no transparency and communication between devs and players like they had at the start of the year kinda ticked me off. Its sad to see that things going south mid year with the biggest expansion ever.
I dont blame devs entirely, the forum is full of immature idiots who dont know how to put feedback properly, every thread is full of rants and fights instead of helpful criticism.

So, yeah I guess I am kinda tired of forums, and may be the devs are tired too... Anyone notice that Vroom and Lojak been off from almost a month now? I just hope they are on vacation. May be I ll take a break from all this too...

|Ares|
08-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Keep your items and take a break. Come back when you feel to but don't force yourself to log. Like most of the people (including me) did.

Anehazaz
08-15-2018, 05:53 AM
Is anyone else feeling this way? I'm asking for advice actually. I'm not sure I want to play much lately and if I did decide it was time to take my leave, how do I share my Alorian Worldly goods? Or...do I just take a holiday (vacation in American language)? I don't understand why we have so many sets and please don't even mention the Spirit stuff, I can't get my head around that. Everything seems so expensive and now even high levels are asking me for loans because they gambled theirs at Spendalot's place. I just feel terrible when I log in whereas before I used to feel excited and relaxed in the knowledge I was in for some 'me' time, away from real life worries. What with trying to understand what all the elixirs do and trying to craft with minimal slots (I shouldn't have to use other characters) I'm what my title says, in other words, over the hill. I'm off to get some antacid tablets.

Hi Susanne, I don’t think you’re alone in your thoughts...I felt the same a number of times during my Al life...I took a break last year for a few months it wasn’t just about the game tho it was how I was feeling in general and whereas before Al was working for me at that time it wasn’t and I felt rather frustrated. I returned a couple of times to see how things were but things felt different and I just soloed mainly a few events to try and settle back in. A close friend told me when ppl ‘quit’ then return they rarely stay long , whilst true in some cases not always the case, but knowing this helped me stick with it under my terms. I would say I got more into it just before the expansion and have enjoyed it ever since. Yes I know all these sets are ridiculous but I’ve farmed for mire and haven’t tried for spirit...I know my limits and running same map endlessly to level a spirit weapon atm for me isn’t gonna work! That said I’m not ruling it out but there are plenty other things to do at the moment. To be fair STS add things to game and have given us choices here...we don’t need to have all sets and we can choose where we want to focus our energies , events are literally non stop atm and dare I say it I’ve had a lot of fun so far! This is just my thoughts but I’m a party player at heart and as long as friends old and new are running I’ll continue to log on!

Susanne
08-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Hi all and thanks for the kind posts and advice. Much appreciated. I just want to clear one point up, I wasn't criticising any of my friends, I scrolled back and it did look that way. I'm very lucky to have made such nice in-game friends actually. ☺️. I just had a 'moment' and it's probably best if I don't play every single day and also not take everything so seriously. My phone is not indispensable anymore and I can now go out without it and I don't put it under my pillow at bed time. 🛌 Once again, thankyou. 😘

Fyrce
08-15-2018, 04:32 PM
I always need a break after an event, especially one I played hard on.

It also takes me a bit to get used to new content, after the initial exploration stage.

I never force myself. A game is supposed to be fun. If it feels tedious, I take a break. Besides, sometimes RL stuff accumulates and is more pressing. Anyways, nothing wrong with breaks. I have taken them in every game, from a few days to a few years.

Susanne
08-16-2018, 02:14 AM
I always need a break after an event, especially one I played hard on.

It also takes me a bit to get used to new content, after the initial exploration stage.

I never force myself. A game is supposed to be fun. If it feels tedious, I take a break. Besides, sometimes RL stuff accumulates and is more pressing. Anyways, nothing wrong with breaks. I have taken them in every game, from a few days to a few years.

This is just how I feel at the moment. No disrespect to anyone who loves playing all the time, it's whatever floats your boat. Like you said, real life issues crop up too... especially for me lately. I've decided to carry on playing but on a lower and different character..my mage. I would have liked a girly faced mage though, been asking long enough but nobody answered me. I mean..how come during St. Paddy's event the mage gets hair and a moustache..hmmm? All I ever asked for all these years was a girly face for a mage. The body can stay the same. Over and over I asked, what did I get? A creepy looking mask with pigtails. 😢. It doesn't stay on in the tub! Anyway, I'll go on Susie to say hi, I did go on it yesterday but not many people were online in my list and practice playing a mage in the meantime. I can always jump on my lower level rogue for nostalgic purposes and also when I'm tired of seeing my mage die (I don't know how to play properly on a mage). Actually, I need help with how to build my mage up and how far away from enemies does it need to be? I don't even know what weapon to use. Someone did tell me the skills but that was ages ago and I think it's changed. Oops, been rambling on again, bet you fell asleep by now. Bye and thankyou. 👧..girly mage face would be nice see.

Xxkayakxx
08-16-2018, 05:54 AM
This is just how I feel at the moment. No disrespect to anyone who loves playing all the time, it's whatever floats your boat. Like you said, real life issues crop up too... especially for me lately. I've decided to carry on playing but on a lower and different character..my mage. I would have liked a girly faced mage though, been asking long enough but nobody answered me. I mean..how come during St. Paddy's event the mage gets hair and a moustache..hmmm? All I ever asked for all these years was a girly face for a mage. The body can stay the same. Over and over I asked, what did I get? A creepy looking mask with pigtails. ��. It doesn't stay on in the tub! Anyway, I'll go on Susie to say hi, I did go on it yesterday but not many people were online in my list and practice playing a mage in the meantime. I can always jump on my lower level rogue for nostalgic purposes and also when I'm tired of seeing my mage die (I don't know how to play properly on a mage). Actually, I need help with how to build my mage up and how far away from enemies does it need to be? I don't even know what weapon to use. Someone did tell me the skills but that was ages ago and I think it's changed. Oops, been rambling on again, bet you fell asleep by now. Bye and thankyou. ��..girly mage face would be nice see.

Available anytime to help with mage build :) just contact me in game :****