PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Cydonia is dead

skavenger216
11-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Title says it all.... Koc is no more. Thank you everyone. I may be calling it quits on sl/
pl, if not I hope to still see you guys in the future. I just can't do it anymore, too many friends leaving, playing SL just makes me feel like crap now.

Skeletonlord
11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry you feel this way. You should join Ebalere's New guild

FluffNStuff
11-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Didn't Range just join this guild?

Draopwnzall
11-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Lowlyspy
11-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I dont even know what to say.....i was so proud to be a cydonian too :/

Silentarrow
11-17-2011, 05:29 PM
I dont even know what to say.....i was so proud to be a cydonian too :/. Same here, I just joined a couple of days ago :(. Hopefully you'll be able to find happiness in SL again Skav.

Growwle
11-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Man, I gave up my 70plat guild hall to join you guys. Well, at least the stims and items and good dungeon runs made up for it, even if it was just a short time.

Cascade
11-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Sad to see so many beta guilds die :/ I think AoC is one of the only ones left from beta days...If you are a former KoC member and are looking for a SL guild check out the SL guild list.

Cahaun
11-17-2011, 05:39 PM
I was a proud knight and even though it is passed away, its legacy will love forever as my clan name in MW2. It is tough for me to hear this. Long live Cydonia!

Ebalere
11-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Sorry you feel this way. You should join Ebalere's New guild

SMH...

Battlelock
11-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Good luck on your endeavors.

Dalinuel
11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
I was in this guild when I played sl back in the beta days but pl has consumed me ;) sorry to see it go

Bakoffmycandy
11-17-2011, 06:11 PM
I was always loyal to Koc. It was the 1rst REAL guild I was invited to in a STS game and I am thankful for that. Recent events have made a lot of friends leave. Was hard to see them go. After that a lot of core members have felt torn. Without going into detail, the outcome speaks for itself. I have no hard feelings towards anyone. If you've played MMO's half as long as I have, you've seen your share guilds coming and going. I do appreciate the home you Provided Skav, and hope you decide to stick around.
Best regards bud

JazzBlue
11-17-2011, 09:11 PM
I just went through this type of reorg myself with the NG split. It's not fun to deal with.

What I can recommend, is that if you are torn between how things went, take some time off. Go visit some other guilds. There's LOTS of great people and players out there that have banded together in large & small groups.

I can personally say that everyone I have met since leaving NG that have been running guilds for a long time have got their act together, and most of them don't put up with any of the BS that comes with some of the larger guilds that will just take anyone in hopes of getting numbers & rank.

Go out there and make some new friends. Keep in touch with the ones that you want to, and you'll be better off in the long run for it.

Guilds splitting up is not uncommon. It's never fun, but look at it as a learning/growing experience, and come through it better off than you were before.

If nothing else, use the opportunity to broaden your horizons.

Best of luck to all of you!

Uepauke
11-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi skavengr,

I left the guild a while back, but have a fond memory of your guild. All the best!

melancholy-storm
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Kind of ironic, KoC and NG fell simultaneously as Vengeance is born. Coincidence?

Deadbeathc
11-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Kind of ironic, KoC and NG fell simultaneously as Vengeance is born. Coincidence?

None at all, as many KoC members joined different guilds, ranging from Phoenix, which initially that's where the break off started, to Vengeance, some went to V for Vendetta and now more branched off into Infinite Union.

Such accusations/implications do not bode well.

StompArtist
11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Title says it all.... Koc is no more. Thank you everyone. I may be calling it quits on sl/
pl, if not I hope to still see you guys in the future. I just can't do it anymore, too many friends leaving, playing SL just makes me feel like crap now.

Can't you just select a new guild master and transfer the powers?

LelouchX
11-18-2011, 02:59 PM

None at all, as many KoC members joined different guilds, ranging from Phoenix, which initially that's where the break off started, to Vengeance, some went to V for Vendetta and now more branched off into Infinite Union.
Such accusations/implications do not bode well.
Good point deadbeat, accusations lead to flames.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I say this respecfully; the only people that really know the inner working of what went on in KoC, or NG for that matter, are the people that were there for it. I don't think this thread was intended as a discussion of guild politics or what went wrong and the aftermath.

The only other thing I'll say regarding my exit from KoC is thank you for everything. I never planned on leaving, but now I need to focus on my new beginning, my fresh start, my clean slate. I hope that doesn't come off sounding selfish.

Deadbeathc
11-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Good point deadbeat, accusations lead to flames.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I say this respecfully; the only people that really know the inner working of what went on in KoC, or NG for that matter, are the people that were there for it. I don't think this thread was intended as a discussion of guild politics or what went wrong and the aftermath.

The only other thing I'll say regarding my exit from KoC is thank you for everything. I never planned on leaving, but now I need to focus on my new beginning, my fresh start, my clean slate. I hope that doesn't come off sounding selfish.

Entirely true Lelo. Rather than have people continually stir up rumors, it's best left to the ones that were actually there to actually discuss what actually happened, if they wish to. (Needs more actually in the sentence).

Like I told you as well Lelo, I thank KoC entirely for being there when I was there, it was a great community. I wish everyone good luck with all future endeavors. :)