PDA

View Full Version : Buff L30 Dex Weapons

burntoutdex
08-14-2018, 03:36 AM
If you don't want to read my incoherent post: i am simply asking that the L30 dex weapons, in particular shivering autobow and chunker get an increase in base damage, by a significant amount.

Rant (probably incoherent):

Recently, i started playing 30bird again.

Since the addition of amulets, it would be biased of me to say that birds are not better than they once were. It is true, they are much better now than they were before.

They are now capable of consistently killing every class, except for one - mages. Though it is still possible to nuke a mage before (normally after) BoV wears off (12seconds,) it requires the bird to step into 8m to use shattering scream, whilst also dodging skills such as drain, which takes 80% of your hp. If you have played PvP before, you would know that stepping into 8m means that the mage is also able to use lightning from the same range (sometimes, even twice before you press all your skills!)

Birds at level 30 have almost always used Str with an iceberg longsword/reaper/plat pack hammer. This is because the skill damage is 1.5x greater than using dex weapons, due to the absurd gap in base damage between these weapons. This may sound great, you get tankier sets (iceberg and vyx,) whilst also having higher skill damage. The downside of course, is range. To auto attack with a longsword, you have to be at 4m range; by the time you get to 4m you are almost always dead, rendering your longswords auto attacks useless.

The best way to counteract this range issue, is to use a shivering auto-bow. However, this comes with a drawback - the base damage on the shivering bow is 2.5x lower than that of the strength counterpart, even as a pure dex bird. Perhaps, you may be thinking to use an unnerfed halloween chunker, this has 1.5x less damage than an iceberg longsword.

It is almost pointless to even consider using dex weapons at this level; despite the fact that they allow you to kite with auto attacks.

A fully buffed mage will take on average 15damage per auto attack when using dex, and with the chunker, roughly 25 (seen in the videos below.) With strength, they die after about 6auto attacks fully buffed. However, you will most certainly never get the chance to auto attack a mage 6 times as you will have inevitably died from a drain critical, that does on average 400 damage (70% of your hp.) With an armor amulet, you auto mages for 30 and 40 damage respectively, but you leave yourself open to an extra 60damage per hit you take; and when it already only takes one skill for you to die - that is a lot.

A good mage vs a str bird will win almost 100% of the time in the current state of the meta. Drain has [I]far too much[I] damage, and that doesn't even take into account their other abilities such as fire and lightning (both of which to ~250 damage on a critical; often more.) The only real way to beat a mage consistently, in a balanced fashion (eg. without relying on dodges) would be to buff the damage of dex items at this level.

In my opinion, the shivering auto crossbow needs a base damage adjustment of about 3x. This might sound extreme, but it means you auto a mage for 30, instead of 10. ridiculous, i know..

Buffing dex weapons would enable birds to kite moer efficiently, and play in a fashion intended by their skill set and also allowing for other dex-based spec and classes to compete in a more balanced fashion vs mages, which are unarguably the most broken they have ever been at 35.

No, i wasn't exaggerating, you literally auto a mage for 11 damage:

https://youtu.be/BDlDqyX7xt0

Here is a fully buffed 35 crit-draining me:

https://youtu.be/xGxAj8heDh8

Here is the most damage i have ever seen drain do; even after playing endgame a few caps ago:

Here is a comparison of dex weapons compared to str weapons based on their base damage:

tl;dr buff dex weapons, they're currently the equivalent of throwing paper at a mage for 4 seconds before you die to drain

The Voices
08-14-2018, 04:04 AM
I honestly couldnt agree more. The gap between the dex weapons in this level range and voodoo, to be specific, is way too big.

MageFFA
08-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Just my Little input. I'd say this zone is completely balanced. Needs a major buff on Dex items for classes like birds but still balanced. You have balanced stats on bears but foxes needs a nerf. StS greatest mistake was buffing damage and dodge just for it to play endgame when there is only what 2 foxes there, because of this Foxes dominate twink without a doubt. That's my input.

Alright enough with the trolls let's all have a honest talk about what's ruining PvP right now and it's not rhinos, it's the Joke Mage class. Riddle me this. How is it that a class that's known to fail in levels higher than 40 gets nerfed not once but twice because it FINALLY has a chance to compete. Yet the running joke, mage, has been DOMINATING SINCE 76 CAP but not a single nerf is thrown at it? Like wow how pathetic is that, a class that in modern times does not take ANY skill to use. Here we are in 35 with mages landing 500-700 CRITICAL LIKE IT'S A NORMAL DAY AT THE OFFICE but other classes outside of fox can barely break 300 crit. Talk about balanced eh? That's a 400 crit difference. Birds/Mages/Foxes/Rhinos only have 400-500 base HP. That's a "Get smacked and if you get up the remaining 200 damage is gonna drop you to half" type of nonsense. 700 critical Is the same amount of Points as bears base HP, but no this is all completely normal. StS needs to do something about this. @Cinco GLOBAL NERF MAGES DAMAGE OR ARMOR STATS TO FURTHER BALANCE PvP. Either a reduction in mages base health/Armor or a reduction is mages base Damage/Skill Damage/Critical.

As for birds I already gave my ideas on discord and to Dolloway. Birds needs to be remodeled(stat wise not looks). For example max blind isn't stopping mages from landing EVERY combo and skill on you, which of course is all critical cus you know Mage, and it doesn't stop bears from landing beck stomp 70% of the time. Blind should be buffed from -30 to -50 or 60. Birds base skill damage is too low which forces us to go STR instead of dex which has more options and gears to use. Increase skill damage and damage on dex weapons and gears like Shiv Talon, Copperhead Blunderbuss, Snipers Chow, Shiv Crossbow ect you get the idea. This should not be limited to just 30-40 but to birds as a class in whole.

This is just my input. Don't anyone try to defend the mage class either because I will post SS of every critical attack a mage does to my bird, Mage, bear, and rhino.

Mine AGK
08-14-2018, 04:31 PM
Just my Little input. I'd say this zone is completely balanced. Needs a major buff on Dex items for classes like birds but still balanced. You have balanced stats on bears but foxes needs a nerf. StS greatest mistake was buffing damage and dodge just for it to play endgame when there is only what 2 foxes there, because of this Foxes dominate twink without a doubt. That's my input.

Alright enough with the trolls let's all have a honest talk about what's ruining PvP right now and it's not rhinos, it's the Joke Mage class. Riddle me this. How is it that a class that's known to fail in levels higher than 40 gets nerfed not once but twice because it FINALLY has a chance to compete. Yet the running joke, mage, has been DOMINATING SINCE 76 CAP but not a single nerf is thrown at it? Like wow how pathetic is that, a class that in modern times does not take ANY skill to use. Here we are in 35 with mages landing 500-700 CRITICAL LIKE IT'S A NORMAL DAY AT THE OFFICE but other classes outside of fox can barely break 300 crit. Talk about balanced eh? That's a 400 crit difference. Birds/Mages/Foxes/Rhinos only have 400-500 base HP. That's a "Get smacked and if you get up the remaining 200 damage is gonna drop you to half" type of nonsense. 700 critical Is the same amount of Points as bears base HP, but no this is all completely normal. StS needs to do something about this. @Cinco GLOBAL NERF MAGES DAMAGE OR ARMOR STATS TO FURTHER BALANCE PvP. Either a reduction in mages base health/Armor or a reduction is mages base Damage/Skill Damage/Critical.

As for birds I already gave my ideas on discord and to Dolloway. Birds needs to be remodeled(stat wise not looks). For example max blind isn't stopping mages from landing EVERY combo and skill on you, which of course is all critical cus you know Mage, and it doesn't stop bears from landing beck stomp 70% of the time. Blind should be buffed from -30 to -50 or 60. Birds base skill damage is too low which forces us to go STR instead of dex which has more options and gears to use. Increase skill damage and damage on dex weapons and gears like Shiv Talon, Copperhead Blunderbuss, Snipers Chow, Shiv Crossbow ect you get the idea. This should not be limited to just 30-40 but to birds as a class in whole.

This is just my input. Don't anyone try to defend the mage class either because I will post SS of every critical attack a mage does to my bird, Mage, bear, and rhino.

I dont twink but i do know dex birds at 30 arent very good.

Though for you to say that mages have been dominating since 76 cap is wrong. Mage hasnt dominated since 80 cap.
85 cap was just blaster noobs.
100 cap mage was 4th best class
105 cap dagger rhinos are best and unskilled
80 cap mages needed a nerf to the set they had.
77 cap every mage that Pvp'd went str.
76 cap majority of pvp mages were str.

Its not the mages skills themselves, its the sets they have been able to use.

burntoutdex
08-14-2018, 04:45 PM
@MageFFA thanks for your feedback and opinion; hopefully it strengthens our pleas, lol

@Mine AGK please, don't derail my thread with arguments, thanks

plpr
08-14-2018, 05:21 PM
I want staffs buffed too then

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Mine AGK
08-14-2018, 09:08 PM
@MageFFA thanks for your feedback and opinion; hopefully it strengthens our pleas, lol

@Mine AGK please, don't derail my thread with arguments, thanks

Im not derailing it. I responded and said that dex gear for L30 should be buffed.

Also responded to a false claim.

Bats
08-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Crazy thinking -- who would think a level 30 bird with a shivering bow to win against level 35's and level 40's in PVP? I suggest more logical thinking here. Use better weapons, better enchanted amulet combinations, and recognize the level difference (simply put, level 30's combating level 35's/40's in a PVP arena, who would you expect to win?).

Here's a fix up that you could try: Level 35 fully dex-attributed bird character with a 60 damage (+30/+30 enchantments) enchanted amulet with a level 35 Pumpkin Chunker weapon.

Edit: To think logically, you need to think down to the numbers. A shivering bow has 83 damage on average (without a 60 damage enchanted dexterity amulet). Also, level 35's and level 40's on average have somewhere around 150-250 damage. A level 30 bird choosing to wear a level 30 shivering bow is definitely the problem here.

MageFFA
08-16-2018, 11:52 AM
I dont twink but i do know dex birds at 30 arent very good.

Though for you to say that mages have been dominating since 76 cap is wrong. Mage hasnt dominated since 80 cap.
85 cap was just blaster noobs.
100 cap mage was 4th best class
105 cap dagger rhinos are best and unskilled
80 cap mages needed a nerf to the set they had.
77 cap every mage that Pvp'd went str.
76 cap majority of pvp mages were str.

Its not the mages skills themselves, its the sets they have been able to use.

I'll have to disagree while birds and bears were doing extremely well in 76, pallies were the major class being used in 76. 77 was all lust pallies and 100 CAP was only rhinos because their weapon was 150+ more damage compared to bears. L.105 is dominated by dex set any class can rekt with it.

Mine AGK
08-16-2018, 05:32 PM
I'll have to disagree while birds and bears were doing extremely well in 76, pallies were the major class being used in 76. 77 was all lust pallies and 100 CAP was only rhinos because their weapon was 150+ more damage compared to bears. L.105 is dominated by dex set any class can rekt with it.

With dex set? Not really. Its specifically the weapons. Bows proc is broken, dagger needs a proc nerf and talon should be left where its at. Thiugh i have advocated for class based restrictions again.
Talon rhino requires skill.
Dagger mage requires skills.
Talon bear requires skill.
Talon fox requires skill.
Talon bird requires skill.

Yes, pallies were the majority of pvpers at 76 cap but they werent "dominating" as you claim. Bird easily still blind, root, shatter blasted them so easily because blind was way more effective back then.

burntoutdex
08-18-2018, 10:10 PM
bump. dex weapons still need an adjustment